Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works (16860 Views)

Made In The USA Carquest SAE 5W-30 Motor Oil For Sale / Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? / Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by GreekDon: 12:30pm On Oct 02, 2019
radautoworks:
Cheezus! Just when I thought I had seen everything... NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE!!

As soon as I saw this, I ran to call the owner and the two of us just started laughing because it was better than crying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKzGD2T8Dl4

Lol! Wait till you see neatly cut used caterpillar tyres fixed on suspension parts as bushings.
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 5:22pm On Oct 02, 2019
GreekDon:

Lol! Wait till you see neatly cut used caterpillar tyres fixed on suspension parts as bushings.

I think I ran into that already but didn't recognize what it was grin
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 7:04pm On Oct 02, 2019
Who remembers this conversation?

radautoworks:

You really didn't leave us much to say here. Most of the time, the damaged parts are few and cheap and may come down to just gaskets, rods or a head that needs machining. We have all the boxes checked and will almost always rebuild rather than replace. It is nearly always cheaper and comes with a warranty (especially in this country with cheap labor). We gave an example in our little rant about rebuilding smiley https://www.nairaland.com/4501821/milex-carquest-2nd-largest-usa/18#69784777

When it's not better for the customer to rebuild, we recommend replacement.

Gazzuzz, would you confidently give a customer a 6 month to 1 year warranty on that beauty? I'm guessing no because you never really know the story behind that replacement. We have the machine to make any engine look prettier than that one in 45minutes and internally it's a piece of crap. It's the same machine used to clean up all the parts when we rebuild.

Now remember this engine that we passed on a rebuild?

radautoworks:
Met an engine we took a hard pass on. Felt bad for customer. Borrowed vehicle from friend for a week and just his luck valve broke in engine! Taking it apart, it was obvious it wasn't his fault so advised him not to take it upon himself to repair it and try to get owner to bear some, if not all of the cost. There second and third pictures were after the tech had already removed some sludge trying to see.

If you're curious, it was a Ford edge... The 6th one this week...

Well, we took the gunkiest piece of it and ran it for a half cycle (25 minutes with no additional attempts to polish it) through the cabinet I told you about...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U4CUbYdebs

Remember all that sludge? Well....

Moral of the story, just because a part looks clean doesn't mean it runs well

Cc Kashif, oblo, dumo1, egunmogaji2, johnabraham, piyke, inception, eherbal, LeJeun3, kingreign, the car, sultaan, darmilolah, obekediamondfuto etc

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2019
still looks like a piece of crap

7 Likes

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:39pm On Oct 02, 2019
Some things cannot be washed

Still running warranties on a lot of engines sold.

6 Likes

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2019
I sell really good engines . Never had a problem with a sale

7 Likes

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:45pm On Oct 02, 2019

7 Likes

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2019

7 Likes

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2019
I apologize if the fact that your name happened to be in the original quote gave you the impression I cared about your opinion. I've clarified whose opinion counts by cc'ing them.

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
radautoworks:
I apologize if the fact that your name happened to be in the original quote gave you the impression I cared about your opinion.

7 Likes

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dicksonadams(m): 10:14pm On Oct 02, 2019
Cyber-peace please
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by Mrford(m): 10:36pm On Oct 02, 2019
Each man to his own ideology.
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by Nobody: 3:04am On Oct 03, 2019
GreekDon:

What's wrong with that?
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by GreekDon: 1:17pm On Oct 03, 2019
Smartchoiice:

What's wrong with that?

Me I don't know oo. Just saying what I see some people do a lot. Maybe Aunty Radu will advise better.
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 03, 2019
GreekDon:

Me I don't know oo. Just saying what I see some people do a lot. Maybe Aunty Radu will advise better.
Nothing wrong with it.
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by uboma(m): 7:08pm On Oct 03, 2019
radautoworks:

As soon as I saw this, I ran to call the owner and the two of us just started laughing because it was better than crying.

Lol. Our Kazeems will create the impossible. Most of the cars plying the Nigerian roads are death traps.

2 Likes

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by LeJeun3: 1:07am On Oct 04, 2019
radautoworks:

Well, we took the gunkiest piece of it and ran it for a half cycle (25 minutes with no additional attempts to polish it) through the cabinet I told you about...

Cc Kashif, oblo, dumo1, egunmogaji2, johnabraham, piyke, inception, eherbal, LeJeun3, kingreign, the car, sultaan, darmilolah, obekediamondfuto etc

The cabinet works wonders, did I see a lime block in the video??

Clean is good tho, I remember Siena would wash the engine bay before starting a rebuild or an overhaul...

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by LeJeun3: 1:09am On Oct 04, 2019
radautoworks:

Not suprising someone was selling something similar here on Nairaland......

Even claimed to have installed it on a Range Rover.....

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 7:19am On Oct 04, 2019
LeJeun3:

Not suprising someone was selling something similar here on Nairaland......

Even claimed to have installed it on a Range Rover.....

Wait... What?
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 7:23am On Oct 04, 2019
LeJeun3:

The cabinet works wonders, did I see a lime block in the video??

Clean is good tho, I remember Siena would wash the engine bay before starting a rebuild or an overhaul...

No, no lime block. We didn't use full portion of cleaner either. The piece we washed wasn't for use. Just wanted to see how much the cabinet would take off because it was caked on. I mean like almost solid tar. I like this because a manual wash can still leave grit. If we had run full cycle and oiled it, it would have looked like a lightly used motor.
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by LeJeun3: 11:53am On Oct 04, 2019
radautoworks:

Wait... What?

U heard me....

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 1:05pm On Oct 04, 2019
LeJeun3:

U heard me....

Dead

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by eherbal(m): 8:57am On Oct 08, 2019
radautoworks:

I very much remember. All I can say is ..................... shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 7:37pm On Oct 08, 2019
Very touching story today at the shop. Couple just returned to Nigeria under a year. Gave "friend" money to buy a car with 4x4 for them. Have so far spent N1.8m on repairs with kazeems including THE FUEL TANK FALLING OUT WHILE THEY WERE DRIVING shocked

Most recent repair two weeks ago was supposedly bushings, CV axles and gear oil serviced SMH.

Original complaint was noise in suspension. We discovered the problem was the U-joints which cost less than N3,650 each and the bushings were never changed. Also, check out the recently serviced gear oil angry

Why are people like this angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHHE-o0zNxA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVl9UWraFPw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXgSvrYaIJ0

EDIT: FORGOT TO MENTION WE ALSO FOUND OUT THE CAR HAD NO REAR BRAKES BECAUSE THE LINES HAD RUSTED OUT.
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by mammanbawa: 9:51pm On Oct 08, 2019
radautoworks:
Very touching story today at the shop. Couple just returned to Nigeria under a year. Gave "friend" money to buy a car with 4x4 for them. Have so far spent N1.8m on repairs with kazeems including THE FUEL TANK FALLING OUT WHILE THEY WERE DRIVING shocked

Most recent repair two weeks ago was supposedly bushings, CV axles and gear oil serviced SMH.

Original complaint was noise in suspension. We discovered the problem was the U-joints which cost less than N3,650 each and the bushings were never changed. Also, check out the recently serviced gear oil angry

Why are people like this angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHHE-o0zNxA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVl9UWraFPw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXgSvrYaIJ0

1.8m to repair a 1999 jeep wrangler?
How much is the vehicle gon gon?

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 10:03pm On Oct 08, 2019
mammanbawa:

1.8m to repair a 1999 jeep wrangler?
How much is the vehicle gon gon?

They just moved back to Nigeria and were taken advantage of.
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by mammanbawa: 10:30pm On Oct 08, 2019
radautoworks:

They just moved back to Nigeria and were taken advantage of.

So sad
But then, would they spend that amount in the states for repairs even with kazeems?
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 7:46am On Oct 09, 2019
mammanbawa:

So sad
But then, would they spend that amount in the states for repairs even with kazeems?

It wasn't at once naa. You fix one thing, e no work, fix another, etc. Na Canadian woman and Nigerian man wey tey for Germany 25 years. When you start and you get to a certain point, easier to keep going than stop.

Dem journey don end with us Sha. We ordered the u joints and will fix the problem.
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dicksonadams(m): 8:43am On Oct 09, 2019
radautoworks:

It wasn't at once naa. You fix one thing, e no work, fix another, etc. Na Canadian woman and Nigerian man wey tey for Germany 25 years. When you start and you get to a certain point, easier to keep going than stop.

Dem journey don end with us Sha. We ordered the u joints and will fix the problem.

To me this is the best and most professional auto place in Lagos. wink, I will keep my eye on her work. Kudos

2 Likes

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by sacramento1212: 9:20am On Oct 09, 2019
dicksonadams:

To me this is the best and most professional auto place in Lagos. wink, I will keep my eye on her work. Kudos

I will be visiting radautoworks workshop to have an experience and i pray price doesn't put me on reverse mode grin grin
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 10:32am On Oct 09, 2019
sacramento1212:

I will be visiting radautoworks workshop to have an experience and i pray price doesn't put me on reverse mode grin grin

Don't worry. We are praying for you grin

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by sacramento1212: 10:36am On Oct 09, 2019
radautoworks:

Don't worry. We are praying for you grin

Which kind prayer be this ma'am
[img]https://media1./images/e82c2cd09db0bf410917cda2ef22ffd4/tenor.gif?itemid=4986298[/img]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

SUV Plunges Into River In Bayelsa, 3 Killed (PHOTO) / 014 E350 4matic Benz Toks. 06 Pimped To 014 G500 Benz. 012 Range Evouge Toks. / Brand New Standard Used 2009 Saturn Vue Super Clean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.