Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,810 members, 7,862,683 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:21 PM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (211834 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 9:07am On Feb 26, 2008
Also, I would like you all to rejoice with me.

I got an official message today from the Head of Graduate School, Communciation, formally admitting me to their Graduate program, over there in the USA. They also want to offer me a Graduate Teaching Assistanship, as in the Head's own words, my credentials are 'impressive'. What can I say?  undecided Could she be referring to my transcript? Imagine these people actually 'begging' me for a teaching job?

God bless America! America, I love you; I worship you; I adore you!  kiss I'd lay down my life for you.

1 Like

Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 9:08am On Feb 26, 2008
kuwena:

Kenosky, did I hear you use the word, resign? Please I beg you, do not resign. Can you not see the signs? You are now Godfather!

Below is the list of Godfathers:

1. Kuwena
2. Opokonwa
3. Thought
4. Opokonwa
5. Kenosky

You are ruling now. Kuwena was Godfather from the first day till around May, when Opoks came in with a bang. His was a most impressive regime, I confess, adding new pages with such speed unprecedented before then. Then there was a fight, and Thought sought to replace him, but did not quite succeed. Then Opokonwa came again as interim ruler, till he 'runsawayed' and you dearest Kenosky became ruler. So, Opoks is like Obj, having ruled twice.

But now, you're the man, dearest Kenosky. Please, do not resign. Thank you.

One love.  wink

[size=13pt]Kuwena, d godfather- i considered it but something tells mi that its not an easy decision to make, simply walk away from a thread that i v loved and come to love so much- kuwena, opoks, pgm, robbylex, bobbyan, tommyex, alfaprime (u r welcome), runsaway, aniffy, phew! the list runs on- i dont know wat to say adrianny, kelechhi, mohid, mijd, all d good peeps who have posted on this thread, lindiwe, uche, hmmmmm! the spirit is willing but the body is weak! I pray that i find the strenghth to keep the thread moving but i know that even if i drop out this day- there will always be godfathers- skeelo is a good candidate and i'm sure he'll carry the torch onwards[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 9:13am On Feb 26, 2008
kuwena:

I got an official message today from the Head of Graduate School, Communciation, formally admitting me to their Graduate program, over there in the USA. They also want to offer me a Graduate Teaching Assistanship, as in the Head's own words, my credentials are 'impressive'. What can I say? undecided Could she be referring to my transcript? Imagine these people actually 'begging' me for a teaching job?

God bless America! America, I love you; I worship you; I adore you! kiss I'd lay down my life for you.

CONGRATZ BRO! DREAMZ COME TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WISH U D BEST BUT DONT FORGET UR SIBLINGS, PLEASEEEEEE
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 9:14am On Feb 26, 2008
I've got to run along now. For me, it's back to work. See you all later!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 11:21am On Feb 26, 2008
kuwena:

I got an official message today from the Head of Graduate School, Communciation, formally admitting me to their Graduate program, over there in the USA. They also want to offer me a Graduate Teaching Assistanship, as in the Head's own words, my credentials are 'impressive'. What can I say? undecided Could she be referring to my transcript? Imagine these people actually 'begging' me for a teaching job?

God bless America! America, I love you; I worship you; I adore you! kiss I'd lay down my life for you.

Kuwena, I'm soo happy for you, I'm glad that you've finally gotten what you've always wanted. I wish you well, and the best of life, love and success. The funny thing is, when i think about you, i see a mystery that is yet to be unravelled. In due time, i know you'll come around.

@ Kenosky

A lot of people seek leadership positions, some fight for it, some kill, others beg, but a few, a remarkable few, have it thrust on them. You are one of the remarkable few, Go ahead, take it, its yours!

@ skeelo, opoks, runsaway, everyone else

Have a very wonderful day and remember to smile often, cos your world is a mirror of what you give. Smile often and your world will smile back.

I hope to hear from you guys at www.folayemianifowoshe.

Cheers, now back to work, wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 11:23am On Feb 26, 2008
opokonwa:

I will not always be around. Life is not about being around the same person or same people all the time.
It is about leaving a good mark, leaving a good impression, abou leaving people and places better than you met them.

VAYA CON DIOS!
(GO WITH GOD!) wink

Great words Oponkowa,
Great Words!!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 11:43am On Feb 26, 2008
lets talk abotu the match, wetin really happen, i was already celebrating in my roon, no yab me say i no watch the match, na condition wey make crayfish leg bend, the next thing i heard was a penalty and a goal
men, i never settle since then but i hope say things go better, man u fans no make me rest for here, but anyhow i no say na our trying times we dey and we go survive
cheers

Bros
my mind dey run when i rem the match next week,I opened a thread in sports sha,na prayer we need.

100page mark
Oh lawdy
I am so pissed i missed d party,anyhow i am part of the house jare
She we don close now abi?

Thought can u say HI??
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 11:52am On Feb 26, 2008

I got an official message today from the Head of Graduate School, Communciation, formally admitting me to their Graduate program, over there in the USA. They also want to offer me a Graduate Teaching Assistanship, as in the Head's own words, my credentials are 'impressive'. What can I say? Could she be referring to my transcript? Imagine these people actually 'begging' me for a teaching job?

I am happy 4 u ooo

God bless America! America, I love you; I worship you; I adore you! I'd lay down my life for you
,Not again
Re: Which Way Nlng? by debosky(m): 11:59am On Feb 26, 2008
@ kuwena

congrats on getting the position, you deserve it after all the stress.

They aren't really begging - its just their way of saying they want you to join their program, the GTA is basic once you meet some minimum requirements. Every school needs GTA's and they can't really say if you'll be good at it or not, but they are taking a small gamble on you.

All the same, I'm sure you put together a pretty impressive application and it would be the school's pride to have you as a student. wink

To the others like Kenosky. . .where in the Uk is your training going on?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 2:14pm On Feb 26, 2008
Congrats Kuwena!
May your dreams come true!
That's what I'm talking about wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Kenosym(m): 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2008
[size=20pt]CONGRATS BIG BROS, KUWENA[/size].

I BELIEVE AFTER ALL YOU WILL BE HAPPY AND FULFILLED AND COME TO APPRECIATE GOD FOR ALL HE HAD THOUGHT OUT FOR YOU. AND JUST LIKE OPOKS HAS CONFESSED HE HAS LEARNED A LOT FROM THIS THREAD, AND SO HAS EVERYONE ONE OF US, YOU WILL ONE DAY LOOK BACK HERE AND SAY THAT YOU'VE BEEN TOUCHED AND HAD NEVER BEEN SAME.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 3:37pm On Feb 26, 2008
kenosky:

CONGRATZ BRO! DREAMZ COME TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WISH You D BEST BUT DONT FORGET UR SIBLINGS, PLEASEEEEEE

I wanted to add that but waited for someone else to say it.
I don't always wanna take the lead these dayz, at least not on the thread.

But in my own words, if and when your VISA pulls through and you finally land in the USA, do not forget Naija!.
Yeah we gave you the Good (your education and present well being), the Bad and the Ugly.
It seems you only remember the Bad and the Ugly. sad
You know, we remember what we choose to remember and attach emotions to what we choose to attach emotions.
Simply a subjective exercise of the mind.

You know, I happen to come from the same town as your idol, Philip Emeagwali.
Apart from having his roots from there (my town), Philip has never done anything good or given anything back to his roots.
Nobody is looking for his dollars 'cause we are very educated and rich in my town (one of the reasons that it is a town now and not a village).
In fact, you can't get a single richest or most educated individual in my town.

All I expected from him was to leave a good legacy; maybe an Emeagwali Scholarship for the best Science student undecided, an Emeagwali endowment for eduation, an Emeagwali prize for Physics, Chemistry or even Computers.
It wouldn't have cost him much. In fact, with his Goodwill with the American Government over the years, it wouldn't have cost him a dime.
It might even produce more future Emeagwalis that might shake the world and do better than he did, in various disciplines.
But he didn't. He left no legacy. sad Just a lost soul embarassed Popular abroad but having no legacy at home.
No plan or efforts at giving back to one's society.
Not even his father's home in my town is a significant structure.

Barrack Obama did better.
Born abroad of a Kenyan father and a white mother, he has unabashadely identified with his Kenyan roots even though he knew he was gunning for a position as high and sensitive as the US Presidency, with all its rascist appeal.
Two men, different approach to their roots and the idea of giving back to their society.

I appreciate individuals who have come back, even if only for a short stint to contribute their quota to their roots; the Okonjo Iwealas, Charles Soludo, Oby Ezekwesili, Afam Edozien, Pat Utomi, Malam Nasir El-Rufai are well known, to mention but a few.
The present Head of my town is a 1st class graduate of Chemistry. Spent almost all his working years in SHELL, retired, then recalled from retirement to head SHELL foreign office in the UK.
Yet, after a while, he voluntarily resigned, an accomplished man, he desired to lead his own people.
He came back home, contested the title with equally well-educated and accomplished peeps (1st class peeps included), won and now leads his people.
These guys may not be as famous as Emeagwali (because they didn't discover any super computer) but can hold their heads anywhere in the world.

The point I am trying to make is, never become a lost soul like your idol Emeagwali. Even if you decide to trade in your citizenship for American citizenship, rather toe the Obama part and contribute your little quota to your roots

Even Joseph in the Bible did better.
He could have allowed his roots to starve, who treated him very badly.
But he chose to bring them to Goshen (the most fertile part of then Egypt), forgave their ill-treatment of him and it was counted for him as righteousness.
Remember that Egypt was the 'USA' of those dayz! Where the rest of the world came to buy food. The then cradle of power and civilization! How often history repeats itself!

Your brothers were the core of my first and last fight with you.
I second Kenosky by saying, 'please do not forget your brothers'.
Neither forget your roots.
But you can forget Opoks!
This is all I have for you.
Peace.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 5:02pm On Feb 26, 2008
OPOKS
d only subject wey u fail 4 skool na summary i am sure,you come allow us dey read story when u coulda done this,nice advert though about ur VILLAGE
Neither forget your roots
Re: Which Way Nlng? by andyz(m): 6:51pm On Feb 26, 2008
@Opoks,

Your a great man, I see you going beyond your imaginations, I see your dreams becoming a reality sooner than you expect, just keep doing your thing and keep being you.

Hope to see you soon man.

@ALL

Remember ", NOTHING JUST HAPPENS"
Re: Which Way Nlng? by skeelo: 7:03pm On Feb 26, 2008
cheesy grin grin shocked
@ KWENA
Bros, i rejoice wit u wit my whole heart. it is a well deserved honour
wish u d best in life
@ ALl
GGOD things dont come easy, u have to try cos,
[size=18pt] it's better u try than not to try at all[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by skeelo: 7:11pm On Feb 26, 2008
opokonwa:

I don't always want to take the lead these dayz, at least not on the thread.

But in my own words, if and when your VISA pulls through and you finally land in the USA, do not forget Naija!.
Yeah we gave you the Good (your education and present well being), the Bad and the Ugly.
It seems you only remember the Bad and the Ugly. sad
You know, we remember what we choose to remember and attach emotions to what we choose to attach emotions.

Apart from having his roots from there (my town), Philip has never done anything good or given anything back to his roots.
Nobody is looking for his dollars 'cause we are very educated and rich in my town (one of the reasons that it is a town now and not a village).

All I expected from him was to leave a good legacy; maybe an Emeagwali Scholarship for the best Science student undecided, an Emeagwali endowment for eduation, an Emeagwali prize for Physics, Chemistry or even Computers.
It wouldn't have cost him much. In fact, with his Goodwill with the American Government over the years, it wouldn't have cost him a dime.
It might even produce more future Emeagwalis that might shake the world and do better than he did, in various disciplines.
But he didn't. He left no legacy. sad Just a lost soul embarassed Popular abroad but having no legacy at home.

Born abroad of a Kenyan father and a white mother, he has unabashadely identified with his Kenyan roots even though he knew he was gunning for a position as high and sensitive as the US Presidency, with all its rascist appeal.
Two men, different approach to their roots and the idea of giving back to their society.

I appreciate individuals who have come back, even if only for a short stint to contribute their quota to their roots; the Okonjo Iwealas, Charles Soludo, Oby Ezekwesili, Afam Edozien, Pat Utomi, Malam Nasir El-Rufai are well known, to mention but a few.
The present Head of my town is a 1st class graduate of Chemistry. Spent almost all his working years in SHELL, retired, then recalled from retirement to head SHELL foreign office in the UK.
Yet, after a while, he voluntarily resigned, an accomplished man, he desired to lead his own people.
He came back home, contested the title with equally well-educated and accomplished peeps (1st class peeps included), won and now leads his people.
These guys may not be as famous as Emeagwali (because they didn't discover any super computer) but can hold their heads anywhere in the world.

The point I am trying to make is, never become a lost soul like your idol Emeagwali. Even if you decide to trade in your citizenship for American citizenship, rather toe the Obama part and contribute your little quota to your roots

But he chose to bring them to Goshen (the most fertile part of then Egypt), forgave their ill-treatment of him and it was counted for him as righteousness.
Remember that Egypt was the 'USA' of those dayz! Where the rest of the world came to buy food. The then cradle of power and civilization! How often history repeats itself!

Peace.

@ Opoks, anytine i read ur mail, i really dont know wat to say, am always short of words, u r a don, sorri a master
indeed, u r dettined to b great
I really miss u
No dey u scope dey run for this trend, if u no post at least once a day, i will angry shocked
cheersssss, man
Re: Which Way Nlng? by skeelo: 7:14pm On Feb 26, 2008
debosky:

@ kuwena

congrats on getting the position, you deserve it after all the stress.

They aren't really begging - its just their way of saying they want you to join their program, the GTA is basic once you meet some minimum requirements. Every school needs GTA's and they can't really say if you'll be good at it or not, but they are taking a small gamble on you.

All the same, I'm sure you put together a pretty impressive application and it would be the school's pride to have you as a student. wink

To the others like Kenosky. . .where in the Uk is your training going on?

@ debosky, Bros, na wao. anyhow thanks for celebratin wit us, but for where una dey before, u sure say no b de same deboskey de jon, , debon, we y i know
bros, enjoy dey go, cos nothin dey happen,
cheers
Re: Which Way Nlng? by skeelo: 7:17pm On Feb 26, 2008
tommyex:

Bros
my mind dey run when i rem the match next week,I opened a thread in sports sha,na prayer we need.

100page mark
Oh lawdy
I am so pissed i missed d party,anyhow i am part of the house jare
She we don close now abi?

Thought can u say HI??

@ tommyex, i no vex with u say u no dey celebrate wit us for our 100 page, the only thing wey i go advice u b say, make u dey try dey post well, becos as u see this thing, we go soon reach 200, make u no talk say u forget again
anyhow, i feel u, one luv, ARSENAL
Re: Which Way Nlng? by skeelo: 7:23pm On Feb 26, 2008
andyz:

@Opoks,

Your a great man, I see you going beyond your imaginations, I see your dreams becoming a reality sooner than you expect, just keep doing your thing and keep being you.

Hope to see you soon man.

@ALL

Remember ", NOTHING JUST HAPPENS"

@ andyz
bros u try weel, where u from show come from. anyway thanks for comin back home
takia
Re: Which Way Nlng? by skeelo: 7:28pm On Feb 26, 2008
Kenosym:

[size=20pt]CONGRATS BIG BROS, KUWENA[/size].

I BELIEVE AFTER ALL YOU WILL BE HAPPY AND FULFILLED AND COME TO APPRECIATE GOD FOR ALL HE HAD THOUGHT OUT FOR YOU. AND JUST LIKE OPOKS HAS CONFESSED HE HAS LEARNED A LOT FROM THIS THREAD, AND SO HAS EVERYONE ONE OF US, YOU WILL ONE DAY LOOK BACK HERE AND SAY THAT YOU'VE BEEN TOUCHED AND HAD NEVER BEEN SAME.

@ kenosym
bros, i hope say u dey well. almost forgetting a greatman like u.
enjoy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 7:33pm On Feb 26, 2008
I thank you all. When I was a Christian, one of the psalms I loved was Psalm 131. In the first part of that psalm, the songist said: 'Yahweh, I am not proud!' I second him. Indeed, I am not proud.

I have got admission to do a master's in the course I love best, in a standard American school (name of school deliberately withheld), and am being offered a GTA; but what if I package the admission letter, and the I-20, and my transcript, and all what not, and go to the Embassy and they see all these documents, and still deny me a visa? What then? I would still be back to square one. So I know it is not yet uhuru. NLNG has taught me certain things: Do not count your chicks before they are hatched. And I will not do so. I will patiently begin to plan my embassy interview, with my fingers crossed.

The reason I went all emotional and started saying I would give my life for the USA and all what not is simple. I had just received the letter, and I was ecstatic; but now that I have allowed sufficient time to pass, I can reflect. What touched me about Professor Pat's letter was the language she used. For someone that has just been rejected by NLNG, words like: your credentials are very impressive; you will add greatly to our graduate community here; I look forward to seeing you; you are admitted on full graduate standing; welcome to the Graduate school, and all what not, simply made me feel wanted. I had felt rejected in my own country, and the USA seemed to be welcoming me with open arms; an orphan boy like me. How could I not feel love for them?

Anyway, I know it is not yet Uhuru. I know this too well. Let's see how the big one goes, the embassy battle. That is the big one. The real maccoy!  wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by skeelo: 7:35pm On Feb 26, 2008
grin cheesy wink smiley
guess av had a fulfilled day today, av to go now
for the great men,
[size=28pt]kwena the great
opoks the wise man
kenosky, the poet
kenosym, the don
tommyex, my man
debosky de bong,
pak, the don
andyz
[/size]
and all that i av not written ur names,
u r all great

thanks for ur mails and advice today, they have been inspiring and challenging
Good nyte
Re: Which Way Nlng? by skeelo: 7:36pm On Feb 26, 2008
kuwena:

I thank you all. When I was a Christian, one of the psalm I loved was Psalm 131. In the first part of that psalm, the songist said: 'Yahweh, I am not proud!' I second him. Indeed, I am not proud.

I have got admission to do a master's in the course I love best, in a standard American school (name of school deliberately withheld), and am being offered a GTA; but what if I package the admission letter, and the I-20, and my transcript, and all what not, and go to the Embassy and they see all these documents, and still deny me a visa? What then? I would still be back to square one. So I know it is not yet uhuru. NLNG has taught me certain things: Do not count your chicks before they are hatched. And I will not do so. I will patiently begin to plan my embassy interview, with my fingers crossed.

The reason I went all emotional and started saying I would give my life for the USA and all what not is simple. I had just received the letter, and I was ecstatic; but now that I have allowed sufficient time to pass, I can reflect. What touched me about Professor Pat's letter was the language she used. For someone that has just been rejected by NLNG, words like: your credentials are very impressive; you will add greatly to our graduate community here; I look forward to seeing you; you are admitted on full graduate standing; welcome to the Graduate school, and all what not, simply made me feel wanted. I had felt rejected in my own country, and the USA seemed to be welcoming me with open arms; an orphan boy like me. How could I not feel love for them?

Anyway, I know it is not yet Uhuru. I know this too well. Let's see how the big one goes, the embassy battle. That is the big one. The real maccoy! wink
i was loggin out wen ur mail came in,
u r a don, good nyt
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 7:39pm On Feb 26, 2008
For those that are still Catholics, you may say a rosary for me. Thanks in advance. Bye.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 9:01am On Feb 27, 2008
good morning great peeps, hope u guyz had a great nite. We had an earth tremor here in hartlepool at about 1am dis morning- an aftershock i feel of the 5.3 richter scale recorded in lincolnshire, also in north east of england. It wuz an experience sha, its well all d same! cool
Re: Which Way Nlng? by skeelo: 9:04am On Feb 27, 2008
kuwena:

For those that are still Catholics, you may say a rosary for me. Thanks in advance. Bye.
@ kwena, everyone will pray for u
@ all, Good mornig, i hope we all had a splendid nyt, i guess mine was fine
just peeped in to say hello to u guys
safe
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 9:15am On Feb 27, 2008
andyz, debosky (wherever u v been hiding!), tommyex, pak, opoks (ur words always leave mi dazed), kuwena, aniffy (i'll b on the blog shortly), kenosym, pgm. phew! I hail u all. Lets all pray for kuwena(catholics and non-catholics) so that his dreamz will become a reality but lests not forget to ask God to give him the grace to forgive all who av wronged him also.

opoks (nice of u to advertise ur village abi na TOWN grin, but i like where i come from), thanx for the offer though
Re: Which Way Nlng? by bobbyan(m): 9:27am On Feb 27, 2008
Chai Mobge!!! where did i go when 100 page don pass me ye i no go gree anyway congrat.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 10:36am On Feb 27, 2008
Thank Godness all is still well, Kenosky. Opoks, nice town; aren't you lucky to be from there? Skeelo, thanks. Everyone, thanks.

Kenosky the Godfather, greetings once again. I've kind of run out of things to say lately, and I'm kinda missing our rhyming stuff. Is winter fading away?

So many of our oldies, companioins are nowhere to be seen on the thread these days, and it used to be so much fun. Phew! Anyway, let's keep believing God.

It will be well. I hope.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 10:48am On Feb 27, 2008
I don't always want to take the lead these dayz, at least not on the thread.

It seems you only remember the Bad and the Ugly.

All I expected from him was to leave a good legacy; maybe an Emeagwali Scholarship for the best Science student , an Emeagwali endowment for eduation, an Emeagwali prize for Physics, Chemistry or even Computers.
But he didn't. He left no legacy. Just a lost soul Popular abroad but having no legacy at home.

Peace.

Opokonwa, permit me to comment on your post. To start with, the issue of my brothers: I must have said it countless times that I do not hate them, and I do not wish them ill. If you read the attachment to a post of mine on page 99, you will find an email I wrote to the youngest of them very recently. You will find that they are doing as well as they can on their own, without my having to act as some form of unwanted messiah. Indeed, methinks my staying away is even good, for the sake of peace.

Having said that much, Brother Opoks, permit me to comment on your criticism of Professor Emeagwali. To start with, I do know from documented sources that when Emeagwali was in the country, he had to pay his own way to go to school. There was no record of any town assisting him with a scholarship or with anything at all for that matter. He went abroad, and thrived. Why should he then (ordinarily speaking) spend money to endow his town's youth?

In any case, I am not Emeagwali, and I do not even say I will achieve the affluence he has; nor do I say that if I am lucky to, I will scorn Nigeria. I have posted elsewhere on the thread that if and when I make it over there, I will do something from there to affect here.

But why all the fuss, anyway? I haven't even got a visa yet.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 10:57am On Feb 27, 2008
Kuwena, I'm soo happy for you, I'm glad that you've finally gotten what you've always wanted. I wish you well, and the best of life, love and success. The funny thing is, when i think about you, i see a mystery that is yet to be unravelled. In due time, i know you'll come around.

@ Kenosky

A lot of people seek leadership positions, some fight for it, some kill, others beg, but a few, a remarkable few, have it thrust on them.  You are one of the remarkable few, Go ahead, take it, its yours!

@ skeelo, opoks, runsaway, everyone else

Have a very wonderful day and remember to smile often, because your world is a mirror of what you give. Smile often and your world will smile back.

I hope to hear from you guys at www.folayemianifowoshe.

Cheers, now back to work, 

Aniffy, you are blessed like you well know. You are among a class of the most favoured graduates in the land. Some Nigerian youths would give much to be where you are, and still not get it. Many, I am sure envy you to insanity; many others dread you, and a few (like me) admire, love and wish you well.

Two Sundays ago, some of my friends came to visit me; I had known them since my kopa days, and they had known all about my NLNG runs. And we got talking. They wanted to know how I felt about not getting NLNG. I felt like demonstrating, so I picked up the phone and called Wandel. I placed it on loudspeaker. I asked him about his working conditions, and he hinted stuff that beat the working conditions I experience daily; I asked him about salary, and he hinted stuff that beat my salary hands down; I asked him about the job itself, and he hinted stuff that beat mine hands down, and then we said goodbyes and hung up on a very pleasant note. My friends were impressed; they had seen firsthand that I was neither jealous nor bitter against Wandel. Then I told them: It was God that gave Wandel the job; why should I be jealous on his account?' They went home enlightened.

But when you say in due time I'll come round, I wonder what precisely you mean.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:01am On Feb 27, 2008
CONGRATZ BRO! DREAMZ COME TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WISH You D BEST BUT DONT FORGET UR SIBLINGS, PLEASEEEEEE

I do not forget them; I have handed them over to God for safekeeping. Thanks for the concern, dearest Kenosky. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.