Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,256 members, 7,846,174 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (211259 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 8:32pm On May 18, 2008
niyooo:

Abi na Anniffy them kidnap? shocked Make we quick start contribution to go take rescue am. But how much them place for hin head sef?

grin grin kidnap me ke? don't you know i have black belts in karate, judo, taekwando, kick boxing. . , etc. grin grin

@ kuwena

Hey! I hope you are cool. Well, my candid advice is this: If you don't have enough money, then working till June/ July may not be a bad idea. I know you hate the job, but 2 extra months wont kill you. undecided. . . You've endured this long, so just persevere. wink

@ Stannesi

I am not yet a chairman o! tongue . . . but anyhwooo, nothing do you o! grin

@ kenosky

How do you feel coming home so soon? If you like, make you come bonny empty handed. . . tongue grin cheesy. . .

@ Jisi

Missing you on this thread. . . embarassed undecided tongue

To everyone

Have a splendid week ahead!!! BTW, is anyone's birthday coming up soon?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by AlfaPrime: 10:25pm On May 18, 2008
kuwena:

Please, help me understand this, and someone may go ahead and tell me what I should do. This is my predicament:

I do not have so much money, but I do have a little saved up. Many others have said that I need a lot, to be able to survive in the US. I do not entirely believe them, because I know certain people who went there with little, and they did not die.

Many people say that since school starts on August 4, I should go on working till July and save much more. This, of course, sounds very juicy, but do not forget the type of job I do. I have hated it for a very long time now, and it is only by the grace of God that I have been able to endure it for all this while.

Another thing is this: If I resign now, what will I be doing? You can see that I am confused. I feel grateful of course, but I also am very rattled. What should I do. Yemi walked out on his job without qualms, but his case and mine are two different ones. He had something to fall back on, and then not long after NLNG called him.

I need advice. Lots and lots of it.

@Kuwena
I guess Aniffy's advice should speak volumes. There's no point racing down to the US in midsummer only to hang around doing nothing till session starts in the fall. Not forgetting that Ur spending starts from the moment U step onto US soil. So U just work a few more months in Nigeria.

Ideally too, bear in mind that U should resign just a few days (at most a couple of weeks) to the date of your departure. That way, U won't have to while away time and maybe get exposed to all sorts of risks prior to your eventual departure.

kuwena:

I've not been happy lately. Someone has said, 'A philosopher is someone who torments himself too much and dies very sad.' Ashamed as I am to admit it, I think he is right. I permit myself to become a little too sensitive to the world around me.

I probably was happier when I prayed regularly, back then in school. Life did not seem so hard, even if I suffered more economically. And all this is ironic. It's like I'm saying life was easier when it was hard and is harder now it is easier.

I feel somewhat insecure. And for the first time this year I went to church. The same old church, here in Kano. Coincidentally, today was Trinity Sunday. The choir, the mass and everything was all so familiar, and yet all so new. But why did I attend church?

I felt afraid; I felt alone; I felt threatened by life itself. And I needed strength. I really don't want to resign. I may need to save more. But all the motivation to work seems to have left me. And I want to have a safe trip to the US. And for God to cure me of this sense of threat. I went to church for psychological protection.

The same preaching: God is three and God is one. Nothing new there; the same pontification: the Eucharistic feast, where Jesus appears in form of bread and wine. Again nothing new there. The prayers were still as I left them last year. The liturgy intact. I recalled that Jesus had said that the Gates of Hell were not going to successfully overthrow Christianity.

But my concern was more selfish. All I needed was for God to protect me. To protect me from fear. Or have I been alone for too long? I am thinking of asking Chima to come and spend some time with me here.

I am seriously thinking.

Doubt if there's need to comment on this, really. Just go check that "home truth" post of mine, Kuwena!

@Others
Hi ya, Guys. Hope everyone's Sunday was cool and interesting. Sequel to my earlier post on canvassing for some more patriotism, and in following Kuwena's example of asking for only sweet comments (I mean, positive statements), I'm compiling a list of negative, terrible things that "couldn't happen in Nigeria", despite how bad we're said to be. U get it? IN order words, it must be negative things that have happened elsewhere. U don't need to name the country where it happened, pls. The aim of this is not to mock other countries or put down any one, but simply to appreciate the true fact that even if we cannot be grateful for what we have in Nigeria, at least we can be thankful for what we escape!

So, let me set the ball rolling: Nigeria is a place where U're sure that U won't go to bed one nite and wake the next morning trapped in your house under piles of rubble resulting from an earthquake or a cyclone!

( U dont have to limit it to natural disasters, anyway!)

Got to run now! Cheers all.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by niyooo(m): 12:26am On May 19, 2008
Hi all,

Kenosky u better go register for bridge sharp sharp or i go ask my boys make them kidnap u the moment u enter Bonny.  grin And make sure say u no leave any little Kenosky's behind for Mama Charlie land o.  tongue

Aniffy, thank God say you still dey. Forget all that thing, u no hear wetin Femi Kuti say? He say something about person wey tok say hin fit fight karate wey wan follow area boy fight  shocked By the time area boy break bottle for hin head he go forget all that judo nonsense turn am to gidigbo sharp sharp. grin Anyway just posted that to draw you out. I'm sure you're kul. cheesy

Well Kuwena, I think the earlier posters have said it all. It's not even a question of opportunity cost because you are not sacrificing anything for the other. So methinks it's better to stay there and save a bit more. I'm guessing Chima's your brother, so I think it'll be cool if he comes stay with you for a while, u guys never know when next you'll have that kind of opportunity to relate that closely again for a while. On your religion thingy, I choose not to comment.

@ Alfa nice one. Let me add this. At least for now i can be sure i don't need N500m to get $2.00 and I can also be sure the next person sitting next to me in the bus or the mall or walking along the street with me is not strapped up with bombs and will blow up the next minute. shocked And i can walk along the street without fearing that I'll get shot by gangs taking vengeance on another rival gang.

Stan, Pak, Jisi (In absentia) and all others I hail o.

Make i go sleep. I wish everyone a blessed week.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 7:12pm On May 19, 2008
aniffy4eva:

grin grin kidnap me ke? don't you know i have black belts in karate, judo, taekwando, kick boxing. . , etc. grin grin

@ kuwena

Hey! I hope you are cool. Well, my candid advice is this: If you don't have enough money, then working till June/ July may not be a bad idea. I know you hate the job, but 2 extra months wont kill you. undecided. . . You've endured this long, so just persevere. wink

@ Stannesi

I am not yet a chairman o! tongue . . . but anyhwooo, nothing do you o! grin

@ kenosky

How do you feel coming home so soon? If you like, make you come bonny empty handed. . . tongue grin cheesy. . .

@ Jisi

Missing you on this thread. . . embarassed undecided tongue

To everyone

Have a splendid week ahead!!! BTW, is anyone's birthday coming up soon?

Thanks, Aniffy. Kenosky, coming home already? My, my. How time flies!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 7:15pm On May 19, 2008
Alfa, Nigeria is one place where as a sharp babe you can study Ibo Linguistics and be fortunate enough to work in Banking Operations without fear. wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 9:56pm On May 19, 2008
@ Alfaprime

In Naija! I'm so SURE that i won't meet a pregnant MAN! shocked

Come to think of it. . . .i'm not so sure oh! undecided grin grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 10:13pm On May 19, 2008
[size=15pt]For naija, I dey sure say papa no go lock im own daughter up for underground cell for like 18 years, father 7 children by her! shocked, something also tells mi that there's no way an average of 3 knives per day can be seized from 7 year olds who carry them to school to settle scores (dats just in the north east of England o)! [/size]

[size=13pt]niyoo, i m invisible- d more u look, d less u c! cool grin

opoks, no war now, nobody c u! tongue
[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by stannesi(m): 11:32pm On May 19, 2008
Sup buddies, ?

Omo forget, every country get he own wahala, God dey our side. equally, its an individual thing, u might be d reason why fire never burn your homes, u can never say, d thanks u give to God, might be what is going to save u from experiencing one terrible disaster,

Aniffy sorry o i don't forget say na u be CEO, no vex, i don rephrase, lol

Omo forget say hurricane, cylone, earthquake no dey Naija, d one wey Iyabo Obadanjo wetin we go call am, all this wahala don pass fraud and corruption this own na correct "Human Disaster" anyhow sha i love Naija pass any other, after all dey don dey yan say Osama don release anoter video album,
@keno u know say too much civilization na him dey cause all dose rubbish, that won wey u yan sef, na small some thin, sha, its like u don know some bad sides of your country. Naija na Kolo,

d turth is that u guys actually missed AlfaPrime's point, from my own kolo view he was talkin about hw God bless Naija. from Natural disaster, terrorism and stuffs like that not talkin about weird happenings, abi u don forget before den dey snatch private parts anyhw 4 naija, hw weird is that too, imagine, hw would (since we are all males) d victim be when his alive without his, source of creation, hmmmm, F**ked.

@Kuwena, omo seriously yankee fit u wella, because u need a special therapist, all this yarn twisted yans na wa ooo,
i ba for u oooo, today na, litany, tomorow na cult, another na sacrifice, another repentance, next tomorw na 100 man factory, your head carry enough, i hail oo u dey try, u know me now, i'm no adviser, if u like work oo no work, u go still go yankee, after all no be only 4 Naija den dey sleep under bridge, ha ha, enjoy yourself, "i'm such a terrible friend, i know don't even border thinkin it because i hav said it". figure it out, its in u, u're Leo da vincii remember, d genius, lol tongue

Aniffy, Ma Bday was on d 16th, so its passed my Mama is today, damn, i hardly remember ppl's bday mostly especially mine, damn, to bad

Hav a nice day.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 2:11am On May 20, 2008
Happy Bday in arrears, Stannessi

U no yarn early enough, I for consider buyin u a bday cake but anyway sha too late, maybe till
next year if this thread is still alive and if all of us neva join Jisi follow Kuwena go Jand.

And Happy Birthday to your Mum, she really must be a wonderful woman
especially for putting up with a guy like you grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 6:55am On May 20, 2008
[size=16pt]pak, well said! stannesi kolo, ow every? each post dey underscore ur kolociousness more and more. Happy birthday to ur mom- she too much cos na only person wey dey too much for fit raise u up to this stage wey u don reach! And believe mi, u neva hear half of wetin dey happen for this side- naija dey blessed! forget human disasters, i m still proudly naija o jare! cool[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 7:20am On May 20, 2008
stannesi:

Aniffy, Ma Bday was on d 16th, so its passed my Mama is today, damn, i hardly remember people's bday mostly especially mine, damn, to bad

Happy Burfdei in arrears (with interest!!! tongue)

A BIG "Happy Burfdei" to your mom! (altho' it seems to be a lil late) Just tell its from her Nairaland fans!!! grin

@ Everyone, i'm off to my rural farmers cheesy. . . i may be offline for a lil while wink

Anyways please stop by @ my blog and leave a comment or 2. . . smiley

aniffy4eva:

@ kenosky

Kenosky!!! Don't say i didn't warn you o!!! lol. cheesy

Have a nice day y'all!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 7:52am On May 20, 2008
Kenosky,

Just wondering yesterday/today, when exactly are you coming back?
I can't wait for us to get down to one of our numerous joints in Las Gidi and just chill out.
Perhaps na me go trip you now! wink

I've also been thinking .  .  . knowing that you're an ardent palmy fan

Have you discovered any palmy joint in the UK?
I mean fresh palmy joints no be for Harrods wey them fit freeze am?
Oyibo dey drink palmy? Abi na all those their fake beers?

I also know that you enjoy isi ewu
Can I get a correct isi ewu joint in the UK? I mean the one wey im two eyes, ears and tongue complete?
Knowing that you love those things, I can understand why you're so keen to come back.

I do not blame you though.
All those Oyibo food sucks! embarassedincluding the ones I ocassionally chop in Lagos

Abacha n'Ugba nko?
Abacha ncha? Abacha Enugu state?

One thing I like about you is that you neither forget nor pretend about your roots.

I wonder whether you do see correct ofe egusi there?
Abi na all those their sillly source?

No more Garri for you! Isi azu! tongue

Suya spot nko?
I bet na all those their lousy Barbecue undecided

Perhaps a good business case might be to spring up a correct Naija Restaurant there!
Where we can bring all those dishes to those in diaspora grin
And bill them $, British Pounds or Euro.

That's for those wey wan settle there sha! undecided

I sign out!

I can't wait to demolish MAN UTD 2morrow.
We will seperate the Boyz from the MEN!
And we shall know who be the Boyz-2-Men!

We will know who the REAL Champions of Europe are!

[size=55pt]UP CHELSEA![/size] tongue tongue tongue
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 5:49pm On May 20, 2008
stannesi:

Sup buddies, ?

Omo forget, every country get he own wahala, God dey our side. equally, its an individual thing, u might be d reason why fire never burn your homes, u can never say, d thanks u give to God, might be what is going to save u from experiencing one terrible disaster,

Aniffy sorry o i don't forget say na u be CEO, no vex, i don rephrase, lol

Omo forget say hurricane, cylone, earthquake no dey Naija, d one wey Iyabo Obadanjo wetin we go call am, all this wahala don pass fraud and corruption this own na correct "Human Disaster" anyhow sha i love Naija pass any other, after all dey don dey yan say Osama don release anoter video album,
@keno u know say too much civilization na him dey cause all dose rubbish, that won wey u yan sef, na small some thin, sha, its like u don know some bad sides of your country. Naija na Kolo,

d turth is that u guys actually missed AlfaPrime's point, from my own kolo view he was talkin about hw God bless Naija. from Natural disaster, terrorism and stuffs like that not talkin about weird happenings, abi u don forget before den dey snatch private parts anyhw 4 naija, hw weird is that too, imagine, hw would (since we are all males) d victim be when his alive without his, source of creation, hmmmm, F**ked.

@Kuwena, omo seriously yankee fit u wella, because u need a special therapist, all this yarn twisted yans na wa ooo,
i ba for u oooo, today na, litany, tomorow na cult, another na sacrifice, another repentance, next tomorw na 100 man factory, your head carry enough, i hail oo u dey try, u know me now, i'm no adviser, if u like work oo no work, u go still go yankee, after all no be only 4 Naija den dey sleep under bridge, ha ha, enjoy yourself, "i'm such a terrible friend, i know don't even border thinkin it because i hav said it". figure it out, its in u, u're Leo da vincii remember, d genius, lol tongue

Aniffy, Ma Bday was on d 16th, so its passed my Mama is today, damn, i hardly remember people's bday mostly especially mine, damn, to bad

Hav a nice day.

I guess that's double baffdays. Congrats, to you and ya mama. wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 6:05pm On May 20, 2008
hey guys , how work ?

Well the much awaited circus will be coming to town in about 24hrs from now.

I've got a lil' poser for you guys.

Who can do a little poke into the future and tell us how 2moro's gonna end up ?

As in give us the final scores and who will be the glory boy(s).

let me kick things off by saying I 'see' Man U winning 2 - 1 (or is it 3 - 1),

Well, Ryan Giggs or Scholesy scores then 'drog' equalises

and who else but Carlos 'hungry lion' Teves finishes it up late in the game.

Its not gonna end in penalties, man u don't like that.

Actually guys, I must confess, scenes of a drab game, that will see 'the drog man'

scoring a solitary late goal in the 85th, 86th, 87th min ( who cares ) has been playin

in my mind but each time it comes i just make sure I 'bind and cast'. (e no fit happen).

Anyway, the ball is in your court, lets see once an for all, who the true 'prophet ' of

'which way' is.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 6:10pm On May 20, 2008
Do you guys sometimes take time out to think about the slaves that were sold very long time ago to the white man? They went in sea-going vessels to a new land. They toiled for the white man for very many years, and even when they were free they could not find their way home.

Most of them were sold. Their own black brothers sold them for money. They saw them whipped and dragged aboard the white man's ships. The stranger from afar had given the sellers cloth, gin, mirrors, gun-powder and cowrie shells. In turn, they bound up their brothers and sold them off.

The ships went on the ro-ro water; the sickening feel in the dark bottoms of undulating vessels. The Negro sufferer went, singing in pain, the pain of betrayal, the betrayal of his own black brother. The black brother that had sold him.

They were slaves going abroad to a foreign land, never to see their home again. And they sang, and they wept:

Simbalele, simbalele sojunu
Simbalele, simbalele sojunu nonarabo

The white man whipped this swarthy slave, twack! But for each lash, it was not the physical pain that hurt; it was the treachery of having been sold by their own to strangers from afar. Even as they dug in the heat, with the scorching sun beating staccato on their backs; even as they starved, could find little to excite, it was the treachery, yes, the very treachery and not the physical pain that made them weep. They had been betrayed by their brothers. What could they then expect from those not their kin? And in the bitterness of their souls they sang:

Simbalele, simbalele, sojunu nonarabo.

It was the pain of despair, with nowhere for them to go to. The gates were closed against them. Freedom was to mean something else than returning home. Home that no longer welcomed them. Home that threw them out in the first place. And where exactly is home anyway? Is it not where you are loved, accepted and preserved? But where, o where would these ones find home, spit out as they had been by their very own?

Would they find home in the skies? No; the sky is for birds.
Would they find home in the seas? No; the sea is for fish;
Would they find home in the branches of the many trees?
Ah no! Trees are for squirrels, those tiny furry animals that run with skimpy legs.
So where would the rejected black brother find a home?
He would long for freedom's day.
He would long for when Olisa called him home.

This black man has no home.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 6:26pm On May 20, 2008
The Thirty-fourth Verse: I Belong Here

I belong here, with you
Black American Negroes
Take me into your arms
I am your son
Hitherto I was not a nigger
I was pure African
My ancestors never tilled
The white enslavers’ farms like yours did
I had never sympathized with Roots
That long tale of Haley’s
Though I had seen Kunta whipped to Toby
And had seen the men in chain gangs
As they made their way from Mississippi                                                                              
To the cotton fields
Passing by the blocks
And through the fires of brands
Bearing the white man’s name,
I had heard your Negro Spirituals
Your voices reaching out to God
Hoping you would live to see the day                                                                                  
When you would be free to
Do what you wanted
Go where you wanted
Serve yourself and your children alone,
I had heard of Rosa ’s defiance
Seen Luther King’s fights;
I had grasped the roles of Booker and Du Bois;
I had glowed with pride at the
First generation of swarthy American leaders
Preaching a revolution that was slow but sure
I had stayed home in the motherland and seen and heard it all;
Now I reach out in person
I come to you at last
A latter-day prophet
A missionary from the ancient land
Bringing my heart and my hand
Hoping to reclaim yours in love and forgiveness.
It is true we sold you off
It was my fathers that gave you away
Though we had once been brothers
Back home in the jungles
Where we chased the monkeys and squirrels
Where we set traps to catch the antelopes
That made us envious by their leaps
We would catch a canary and run home to show mama
She would cook the bird meat in hot oil
And give us some to eat with
The hot water-yam porridge
She would make a pot of stew
Leaving some beside the stones
For papa’s return from the daily hunt
Warm and ready for his taste;
We played swell as children
Hopping over stones
Thrown on ruled spaces
In the sand
In company with one another
Joyfully
We were thrilled to be alive
Gleeful for the gainly season
We spent all our time
Catching up with the birds and rodents
Some brought down by our catapults
Others caught in our traps
Happy
We trilled and shouted
Skipped amok
To the dancing cymbals, timbrels and drums
Ululating in glorious spectacular rendition
Till the dusk stopped our further play.
It was sadness the day you left
I asked after you, but was told lies
I was told you were harried away and stolen
By solemn, severe strangers
That you would long be outcasts and scum of earth
That you had been sacrificed to certain
White gods that had come with spear noses from far away
That your lot was fixed for eternity
Lawfully sold bondmen
Who would never think
Never feel the air in their faces while
Lolling by the streams as we did back home;
I did not believe their lies
I wanted to see for myself
I missed your company
I had to visit you
That is why I have come
I have come to stay with you
To love you
Die with you;
Tell me about your oppressors
Of those white gods with spear noses
That my fathers told me about
What did they do to you
Did they bite?
Were they like the poison eke
Did they kill?
Were they like the hateful fox
That ate all our many lambs?
Did they rape our sisters?
Those virgins that made us stare lewdly as if at Aru
As their breasts tormented us and we dreamt
For it was dreaming only that helped
We longed to hear them moan and scream our names beneath us
Our shafts tearing away at what they had hidden for so long
Excited to watch the sport of torsos in the grey
Darkness of the lewdly night.
Sibling,
I am here now
Tell me everything I need to know
Do not drive me away
I am like Ruth
Teach me
Show me
Let me be like you.

(Culled from The African Verses)
Re: Which Way Nlng? by stannesi(m): 9:04pm On May 20, 2008
@Kuwena u don start gain ooo which one be slave now, u r really lonely hah tongue, omo do comot 4 here oo, ur 99 men dey find u 4 yankee, "Solitude is fine, but you need someone to tell you that solitude is fine."

@2pak, keno, aniffy, , thanx, 4 d wishes, keno and 2pak una dey try me sha, u resemble kolo,, ma mama is proud of me, cos i too much, omo forget ma mumsy na hot chick oo, na why me na fine boy, no blame me na my mama u go blame, tongue tongue. wats all i can say 4 now.

---------------- back to current biz ----------------------
Who be champs??
Man Utd vs Chelsea

Shout ur reply, Opoks don confirm his. i want d rest of u to do urs,
CHELSEA!!! tongue
CHELSEA!!! cheesy
CHELSEA!!! grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by stannesi(m): 9:09pm On May 20, 2008
2Pak and Keno, sorry man Utd is going Dwn tomorrow,

Opoks, Niyooo d blue men,

cheesy cheesy Lets just leave Droba to do d scroing, cool cool

HA HA HA HA HA
Re: Which Way Nlng? by AlfaPrime: 10:53pm On May 20, 2008
Hi chaps! I can understand the high tempo and tension generated by the awaited match tomorrow. Well, let the better team win. Reminds me of what the panelist told me when I faced him at the very final stage interview for my current job: "At this stage of the recruitment process, every candidate is already qualified to work in the company," he said, " but it's just that we cannot employ everyone. So we have to find a way to choose only the very best, " In order words, I'd say that both Man U and Chelsea, for getting to this final stage, each deserve to lift the cup; but it's just that a winner has to emerge, SO cheer up, loser fans, and celebrate wisely/moderately, winner fans, after the match.

On a more serious note, I embarked on a very symbolic 24-hour boycott of MTN GSM services, in protest over the confirmed hostilities meted out to Nigerians in Diaspora. I don't see any reason why they should treat our people like dirt, while their own blue chip companies are making mindblowing profits here. Good a thing ,the SA govt has condemned the attacks and the Nigeria and I beleve thyey're workig hard to resolve it, but my 1-day boycot has been so significant to me. U don't have to join me in it, but I felt I should say it out on the thread.

Cheers
Re: Which Way Nlng? by niyooo(m): 11:09pm On May 20, 2008
Hey everyone, I'm sure we are all doing good.  Stan u worry o!!! shocked You mean say ur birthday na 16th and you just vamoose on that day no inform house? Anyway happy birthday in arrears and to your mum too. Hope u took her for a treat or something? The treat wey she don treat u don reach, na ur turn to dey trip her now.  tongue

Pak, Kenosky and other ABC (Anyone but Chelsea) crew. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 2moro's the day. Pak na so una talk b4 we trash Liverpool, dull game boring game 1-1. But sha lets see what happens, as I always say it's not played on the pages of the web or on paper but on the pitch. But for me, I believe Chelsea will make my season tomorrow. We sure deserve it.

Anniffy, make ur farmers no kidnap u o!!! But come to think of it, no be Niger Delta u dey go? No be on top water u suppose dey go? Which one be farm for there? Hope say u sabi swim?

Kai Kuwena for all this talk wey dey ground na Philosophy u still dey tok?  undecided Abeg try watch match tomorrow. Variety is the spice of life u know?  tongue

Alfa na after protest you dey inform "Union members" make dem join you for strike? Your own kain Adams Oshiomole na war o!!!!! embarassed

Make i go crash. The countdown begins. UP BLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 11:57pm On May 20, 2008
opokonwa:

Kenosky,

Just wondering yesterday/today, when exactly are you coming back?

who said i wuz coming back again?

I can't wait for us to get down to one of our numerous joints in Las Gidi and just chill out.
Perhaps na me go trip you now! wink

na u must trip mi! but that should wait till whenever i decide to come back to naija! undecided

I've also been thinking .  .  . knowing that you're an ardent palmy fan

Have you discovered any palmy joint in the UK?
I mean fresh palmy joints no be for Harrods wey them fit freeze am?
Oyibo dey drink palmy? Abi na all those their fake beers?

frozen palmy? angry bushman!

I also know that you enjoy isi ewu
Can I get a correct isi ewu joint in the UK? I mean the one wey im two eyes, ears and tongue complete?
Knowing that you love those things, I can understand why you're so keen to come back.

I do not blame you though.
All those Oyibo food sucks! embarassedincluding the ones I ocassionally chop in Lagos

I wuz in London last week and had pounded yam, banga soup with assorted meat- hmmm! i no dey come back to naija soon o cool

Abacha n'Ugba nko?
Abacha ncha? Abacha Enugu state?

One thing I like about you is that you neither forget nor pretend about your roots.

I wonder whether you do see correct ofe egusi there?
Abi na all those their sillly source?

No more Garri for you! Isi azu! tongue

I miss abacha- but 2 your offer i say 'lead us not into temptation and deliver us from all evil grin!

Suya spot nko?
I bet na all those their lousy Barbecue undecided

Perhaps a good business case might be to spring up a correct Naija Restaurant there!
Where we can bring all those dishes to those in diaspora grin
And bill them $, British Pounds or Euro.

That's for those wey wan settle there sha! undecided

I sign out!

There's Obalende suya in London- i almost thot i wuz in naija o! enough yoruba and igbo people (speaking yoruba and pidgin! cheesy)

I can't wait to demolish MAN UTD 2morrow.
We will seperate the Boyz from the MEN!
And we shall know who be the Boyz-2-Men!

We will know who the REAL Champions of Europe are!

[size=55pt]UP CHELSEA![/size] tongue tongue tongue

pak said something and i shuddered because it has happened before!, Chelsea cramps your style- play rubbish football and den in the 87th minute, d drog scores one of those bully type goals! cry but I believe Manchester United will give us a game to remember and help shut up loud mouths for a long time to come. I no go join u by blowing up MAN U to font 19 cos they are big already- champions 2007/2008! go jump in a lake man! sad
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 12:07am On May 21, 2008
pak:

Actually guys, I must confess, scenes of a drab game, that will see 'the drog man'

scoring a solitary late goal in the 85th, 86th, 87th min ( who cares ) has been playin

in my mind but each time it comes i just make sure I 'bind and cast'. (e no fit happen).

Anyway, the ball is in your court, lets see once an for all, who the true 'prophet ' of

'which way' is.

[size=15pt]I shudder to think of such a match as u see in ur dreamz (playing in ur mind)- wateva the scoreline, i look forward to a wonderful 90 minutes (it could even be more) 2-2 or 1-1 after full time![/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 12:14am On May 21, 2008
stannesi:

2Pak and Keno, sorry man Utd is going Dwn tomorrow,

Opoks, Niyooo d blue men,

cheesy cheesy Lets just leave Droba to do d scroing, cool cool

HA HA HA HA HA

[size=15pt]dream! dream! dreaaaam! dreammmmmmmm!
dream! dream! dreaam! when u want to! (u know dat song na!). The drog and shevy alongside bollock will be consigned to clearing balls off the line until one ball go pass enter net![/size]

Re: Which Way Nlng? by niyooo(m): 12:17am On May 21, 2008
Kenosky. When u turn to ardent Man. U fan like this?  shocked No be Ass**nal fan u be before? angry Na wah for una. No worry we go achieve wetin una no fit achieve with all una small boys wey una pack put for squad, tok say u wan win. tongue
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 12:27am On May 21, 2008
AlfaPrime:

Hi chaps! I can understand the high tempo and tension generated by the awaited match tomorrow. Well, let the better team win. Reminds me of what the panelist told me when I faced him at the very final stage interview for my current job: "At this stage of the recruitment process, every candidate is already qualified to work in the company," he said, " but it's just that we cannot employ everyone. So we have to find a way to choose only the very best, " In order words, I'd say that both Manchester United and Chelsea, for getting to this final stage, each deserve to lift the cup; but it's just that a winner has to emerge, SO cheer up, loser fans, and celebrate wisely/moderately, winner fans, after the match.

[size=15pt]sorry to burst ya bubble alfa, but u and I know that the best dont always win! Chelsea has proved that time and time again- against middlesboro at the bridge, against arsenal at the bridge, against Liverpool at anfield- d list is endless but one thing is certain, tomorrow in moscow, they shall meet their waterloo![/size]

On a more serious note, I embarked on a very symbolic 24-hour boycott of MTN GSM services, in protest over the confirmed hostilities meted out to Nigerians in Diaspora. I don't see any reason why they should treat our people like dirt, while their own blue chip companies are making mindblowing profits here. Good a thing ,the SA govt has condemned the attacks and the Nigeria and I beleve thyey're workig hard to resolve it, but my 1-day boycot has been so significant to me. You don't have to join me in it, but I felt I should say it out on the thread.

Cheers

[size=15pt]watever, though they might not even notice dat one man switched off his fone (they will even assume its for ur selfish gain! undecided) but i say kudos for taking such a bold step though like aniffy said 'your own NLC dey go strike first before una come inform us about strike action!' lol[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 12:35am On May 21, 2008
niyooo:

Kenosky. When u turn to ardent Man. You fan like this? shocked No be Ass**nal fan u be before? angry Na wah for una. No worry we go achieve wetin una no fit achieve with all una small boys wey una pack put for squad, tok say u wan win. tongue

[size=15pt]thot u said u were goin to crash! see ur life- posting in the dead of nite when all good people are asleep! shocked gotcha grin. U with opoks fit call mi Ass**nal, Barc**nal- wateva but it will not detract from the fact that Man utd plays good football and as the only surviving 'good football playing' team, they dont deserve to lose to a bunch of 'drab old bullys'. Its just about 22 hrs to the end of the match (by which time u, opoks and stannesi would av been silenced for a long time to come- cos i know one thing for sure, man utd is goin to entertain us to some of the best football we r gonna be seeing and talkin about for a long time to come! Make i come go face my book (not on facebook o cool) before i turn to Mr 'a long time to come!'[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 8:31am On May 21, 2008
Kenosky,
When one is an ardent fan of a team (Arsenal tongue) which lays claims to playing 'good football' but wins no trophy season after season, I can understand where your frustration stems from embarassed

That was how all you Chelsea-Haters predicted a drab game against Liverpool.

And we produced the most entertaining match in this year's Champions League.

Dry your tears Kenosky and Pak, it's going to rain in Moscow today cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

It's not only about Drogba (whom you fear like the devil), it's about Essien, the coach, Abramovish, the defence, the whole team mentality and the rugged military style- no nonsense football that Chelsea unleashes on minnows like you.

Dry your tears Kenosky, it's going to rain in Moscow tongue

I can see the clouds forming already!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 8:56am On May 21, 2008
Yeah! I know about Obalende Suya in London.
Met the proprietor (one Tokunbo) in Nigeria when he came for some sponsorship deal from Glo.
I was supposed to be in the UK for a Valentine show in February 'cause I was part of the team.

But one thing led to another and it was overtaken by events.

Yeah some African shops exist in the UK, but it can never be enough.

If you like don't come back!
Who send you sef?! angry
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 10:05am On May 21, 2008
Like every other day, this day has finally come

I smell bluesuya,

pure blue and roasted, REDy to be devoured by 'MEN UU' know

AlfaPrime:

On a more serious note, I embarked on a very symbolic 24-hour boycott of MTN GSM services, in protest over the confirmed hostilities meted out to Nigerians in Diaspora. I don't see any reason why they should treat our people like dirt, while their own blue chip companies are making mindblowing profits here. Good a thing ,the SA govt has condemned the attacks and the Nigeria and I beleve thyey're workig hard to resolve it, but my 1-day boycot has been so significant to me. You don't have to join me in it, but I felt I should say it out on the thread.

Cheers

Were u talkin about the attacks on foreigners by some disgruntled south african slobs,

well if so, I thought theirr major targets were Zimbabwean immigrants and

I still don't get the (direct) MTN connection.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by JISIDAISY(f): 5:04pm On May 21, 2008
grin Hiii Guyzzzzzz, I have realy been absent.

This is gonna be qiuck.
Alfa, yeah you got my e-mail alright.

Stannesi, and kenosky(goat heads grin ) that wasnt the good nuz( my training). I actually got a visa but i no dey runn away like Kuwena oh, just going for a wedding. But come to think of it, its kind of a holiday---from targets. grin

Annify-----long time. we need to talk oh.

My training has been hectic. I only av time to rest on sundayz---not this sunday though, Its my birthday this sunday so i guess there's gonna be a party and you are all invited.
Had an exam today---was tough.
kiss i miss you all. Ciao Amiyos
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 7:59pm On May 21, 2008
[size=15pt]opoks, start to cry, not as if the tears will help u any way! And please, the fact that Chelsea- Liverpool ended 3-2 didnt mean it was exactly a cracker! u sure say u watch the match?

Jisi (carton head) grin, make sure say u pass the exam o- but y u no wan run away too na, dis country no dey hard u? Wait o, visa for wedding? na zimbabwe the wedding dey occur? lipsrsealed

pak, relax for we shall laff last!

Tommy, who gave u the right to go AWOL? undecided
[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 8:17pm On May 21, 2008
27th minute- Ronaldo classical finish but wait o! i remember, this no b stamford! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / NPC Launches E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.