Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,382 members, 7,853,698 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:54 PM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (211502 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 5:57pm On Jul 23, 2007
By the way, who is this Dominic you keep talking about, Adrian; the one you met at your centre?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by strykin: 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2007
hi, its weird postin this afta 4lowin this thread 4 so long.u all r really amazin!ur perseverance nd determinatn's inspirin.im an 'ambitious' 400L stdnt of lasu-chem engrng-nd one of my goals is 2 score a worthwhile stint workin wit NLNG whn i graduate.i actually intend doin my IT there later this yr.pls pls pls can u all help me out wit useful hints abt wt it cld entail+details on hw u got this far?u guys r lyk my icons in nairaland.ild really appreciate ur hlp.Cheers!im prayin 4 y'all,bliv me. B gud!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Ehido(m): 6:54am On Jul 24, 2007
Hello my people Good morning ones again, I was ust wondering what will be going right about now as regards our interview papers. I guess they are being examined or maybe the assessors are having a break, well let me stick with the former and in sticking with, that my prayer for all of us NLNG hopefulls who keep encouraging ourselves is that what ever we have said or done that has been recorde, let it be more than sufficient for us to get in. Can I get an AMEN somebody. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMEEEEEEEEEEENNNNN!!!!!!!!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Ehido(m): 7:11am On Jul 24, 2007
I saw some deliberations or will I say speculations about NLNG pay what I have to say is this compared to any Financial or consulting firm NLNG is far better apart from having more time for your self any extra effort on ur part is well rewarded this is not the case in the two firms I mentioned earlier but the major attraction there should be that U have a chance to contribute ur quarter to growth of this, country nothing can be more satisfying when u know u are doing something good for ur self and for ur country. But I can say for sure that NLNG is a good place to work I mean why will people want to leave the stress and the money in the banking and consulting world for NLNG, from the testimonies I have heard from friends of friends of friends NLNG is a place to be even my own personal friend that is serving in Port-harcourt told the NLNG Estate is a place to leave in.

Guys pray hard and think less about the pay For I tell u this< U will not be disappointed Especially if u are an engineer.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by eesaah(m): 7:37am On Jul 24, 2007
@Ehido, I say a Big Ameen to that prayer.Thanks. As for the pay issue, NLNG hopefuls lets wait our employment letter will tell ok.

1 Luv
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jbyno: 8:52am On Jul 24, 2007
Meen, its hard keepin up with the posting on this forum. sorry i havnt contributed lately! i've been on the road (in and out of lagos). well, its good to see that more people have now joined in the uplifting of spirits while we wait for the outcome of the interview.
just to say a little bit; i think they've already assessed us! while i was doing mine, i overheard one of the assessors say that they always stay up late in the night justifying the marks that they had given to us during the assessment!

This shows dat while we were doin all dem discussions, presentation and interview, we were being graded silmutaneously! well, dats just wat i thinnk.

I think the reason we have to wait would be for management to approve the number they require (if dats the case) from those dat scaled through the layed-down criterias.

well, this is just me thinkin out loud! wat really matters now is for us to keep up the good work we are already doin in trying to keep everybody informed and relaxed.

wish us all da best!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:09am On Jul 24, 2007
@jbyno! Good to hear from you. After quite a while, I should say! cheesy

Our interview scores? I dare say they are prepared already. Not that I know this for a fact, but like @jbyno was saying, the interview guys did say that after each round of assessments, they stayed up late into the night to justify the scores they had given. So, the scores were being given as you performed at each task. This, to me, is the most logical way of viewing the issue.

But if our scores are ready, you may ask, why have we not heard from them yet? Well, do you recall when you were in the university? Even after marking your scripts, the lecturers would still get them recorded. Then, after recording the scores, they would arrange them by grade and position. They would place cut-off points and say, for example, that 70-100 was A; 60-69, B; 50-59 C, and so on; then they would say that those that did not make up to 40 did not pass. I think this is the kind of thing that NLNG is now doing. They have finished marking, and are now recording and eliminating those that did not pass well enough to continue with them.

After eliminating those they feel they must, the next task would be to try to fix those they want (the 80-100 people, I suppose) into departments where they are needed. When they must have had them fixed in, they would then begin to type out letters (knowing that these ones had been absorbed into respective departments and provided for) to invite them over. All these: recording, elimination and allocation are intricate Management decisions, and cannot be rushed. Then of course, the financial involvement, and the written communication to the successful candidates would be peripheral issues to consider. And all these take time.

But let me make predictions here: By August 11, they would have finished elimination; by September 8, they would have allocated and written invitation letters; these invitation letters would reach successful candidates by September 15 or 16, asking them to resume by September 26. I believe we will be called (we, the 80-100 successful fresh NLNG employees) by September 26, 2007. This is my prediction. The letters, in any case, would reach us by September 15 or 16. They may demand that we bring medical reports, and all the originals of documents given to them hitherto, or relevant to the employment offer. There would also be about 20 people placed on standby, so that if any of the 80-100 people cannot justify their offer of employment, the standbys would be contacted ASAP. During this period as well (August 11, when the recording and elimination would have been finshed to September 8, when the letters of employment offer would be sent to reach us on September 15 or 16), NLNG would take time to verify our documents from our schools, to see if we made all those sweet looking grades we claim we did. So you see that they have a lot of work to do.

But we must not fret. All we must do is to sit at the feet of Jesus, listening to His words of consolation. 'I lie down and sleep comes at once, for You alone, Yahweh, make me dwell in safety' (Cf Psalm 3, NJB).

No shaking. 'E don sign am say we go make am; Baba God don sign am say we go do am-o; na wa destiny, make dem no tink am!' Amen.

One love.

smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:53am On Jul 24, 2007
I gotta go now; but I may log in again later in the day, or sometime in the evening. Take care, everybody!
smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by mohid(m): 3:13pm On Jul 24, 2007
hey kuwena
thanks for holdin fort wen all of us are silent.u ve started predicting again i like the dates sha,cos i cud use a month after service to rest before resumin bt if they dont giv me up to a month no wahala.cheers ppl
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 6:16pm On Jul 24, 2007
@kuwena,i remember having a friend whose views on issues were to say d least embarrassing.i recollect telling him on a certain day dt d money his dad used in sending him to school should have been used for beer.i must say dt u are a worthwhile investment by ur parents.candid.u too much
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 6:18pm On Jul 24, 2007
@kuwena,i remember having a friend whose views on issues were to say d least embarrassing.i recollect telling him on a certain day dt d money his dad used in sending him to school should have been used for beer.i must say dt u are a worthwhile investment by ur parents.candid.u too much
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 6:30pm On Jul 24, 2007
@kuwena,u asked who d Dominic i keep mentioning is.i met him for d first time on d day of my assessment center i.e saturday d 21st july.he lives and works in port harcourt.he had missed his own scheduled day and had come on a different day but was told those for dt day were already complete.so his was also rescheduled for saturday.he was among d 3 wise men i mentioned earlier on.he seemed to have gist from d grapevine(but all port harcourt pple usually seem to have gist from d grapevine especially as it relates to these oil and gas companies).a nice and very vivacious fellow. thats all
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 6:34pm On Jul 24, 2007
@kuwena,i am sure u are shocked at how i was able to extract so much info from d guy.by a quarter to 8,d four of us had arrived and we did not start till about 9a.m.so we just sat down gisting and having a good laugh
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Graces: 6:54pm On Jul 24, 2007
HI GUYS, glad to be back. my assessment stuff was swell. Thank God for everything. yes, i asked and one of the assessors told me that they will all be justifying the scores they give each of us that same day. that was why they were writin wat we were saying cos they will use them as quotes when defending the marks they gave us.
there is no need for us to fret at this point in time just surrender to God afterall no be by your power you reach this stage in the first place.
just relax and of course lets kp encouraging each other. note that God's will must be done and when Jesus says Yes, NO One can say No.
Forget about how u performed.
relax guys, IT IS WELL
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 6:56pm On Jul 24, 2007
@kuwena,i leave for abuja tomorrow.my boss calls.i may not be able to post tomorrow.i pray 4 u and all nlng hopefuls.may all our dreams come true
Re: Which Way Nlng? by strykin: 7:55pm On Jul 24, 2007
Despite d fact d@ none 'f u all even deignd 2 rply my previous post,i ll keep buggin.i really do admire ur journey so far 4 ur 'dream' employment 'nd tho' i may sound even slightly juvenile,i m lyk a sucker 4 d gas sector(i really dnt c d future in oil,im presently doin research work on alternative energy),hence my fascinatn wit NLNG.im surprisd d@ not even kuwena botherd 2 help a young hopeful, it happens, still,i wish u guyz d best.i bliv u all will beat d standards NLNG has set.God's in control!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Ehido(m): 7:05am On Jul 25, 2007
Strykin as it is now all you have to do is work hard this journey of our's started while we wre in school we all made sure we made 2.1 and we made sure we knew what we were doing, really I admire ur drive and that is what will lead u to success when u follow it equal action.But dont worry come september we will see what we can work out.

Kuwena thanks for the analysis. Personally I feel what will take the time is the delibration of the management and then sorting to various departments, But I think sorting to various departments shouldnt be much of a problem as for the typing that can be done in 2 days. All I am trying to say is that if they want to they can finish the whole process by august.

As for me I have a feeling that letter is coming much earlier than september or may be earlier in september, They just dont wnt us bothering them with our calls, that is my own personal feeling.

Kuwena no company will tell u to bring a medical report, They will conduct medical tests through their own hospital or any Hospital registered with them and when we are summoned for that we just start thanking God because that is an indication that we have been chosen.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:12am On Jul 25, 2007
Strykin, I am so sorry. The truth is that I do not know anything about their IT programme. All I can say is this: Work very hard and make at least a two-one; then, when we get into the company by September, we should be able to fill you in on what is going on, as we would be insiders by then. Catch my drift? Just keep praying for all, and being blessed. Have a nice day! cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by uchetobi(f): 11:14am On Jul 25, 2007
@strikin somebody replied you before Kwena. Why not patiently read the posts
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:26am On Jul 25, 2007
@uchetobi, thanks. We are passing out on 14th August. Any kopas in da house? Hurrah! After the one year of Kano sun, I can then return to Lagos. Phew! I'm beginning to dream of Lagos already. Eko ile. God bless lagos, the Centre of Excellence!

NLNG Hopefuls, how unu dey! I hail-o! All my niggas, homies, sistas and everyone looking up to Yahweh for his or her NLNG Dream. E no easy, I gree; but e dey possible. A wise man once said: 'I never prayed for it to be easy; I only prayed for it to be possible.' We thank God, as 'e do sign am say we go make am; Baba God don sign am say we go do am-o; na wa destiny, make dem no tink am'.

Since morning, I've been feeling strange, as if I am in a state of change, of transition; maybe it is because I am aware that in three weeks or less, I will no more be a kopa, what I have been for a whole year. na wa-o. They say change is the only constant thing in life.

With regard to NLNG, I have reached a state of resignation. I am ready for anything they have to tell me. Catholics would be familiar with one of our traditional prayers, An Act of Resignation: 'O Lord my God, whatever manner of death is pleasing to you, with all its pain, anguish and suffering, I now accept from Your hand, with a resigned and willing spirit.'

In this case, it is not death with pain and anguish, it is the news which can either be: Come and start work; or: Sorry, we don't want you.

Whatever. Notin dey happen; no be wetin TuFace talk? No shaking.

cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by uchetobi(f): 12:54pm On Jul 25, 2007
Congrats. mine will be Feb next yr. gosh I cant wait. Cant imagine how you guys out of lag coped. Wish u d best hope u get d job
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jenks(m): 1:17pm On Jul 25, 2007
@kuwena, i'm also a corper serving in rivers state. from d way things are there're quite a number of us(corpers) dat have made it 2 dis stage. it's my hope and prayer dat we all get dis job.
1 luv,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2007
Eyin guyses and sistas, yours faithfully @kuwena is about to sign out for da day. cool I may log in again in the evening. If I do, see you then; if I don't see y'all tomorrow.

I love you all.

Bye, and take kia, till September.

O da'bo. cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 9:30pm On Jul 25, 2007
'How pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity; it is like oil on the beard of Aaron' (Cf the Psalms NJB). Let us continue to live in togetherness, even as we wait for NLNG to call us.

Sai gobe kenan. cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by strykin: 12:36am On Jul 26, 2007
Ehido,Kuwena,thnx so much 4 d encouragemnt!may u continue 2 b lamps un2 d path 'f a generatn poisd 4 immense change(i hp i dnt sound cryptic).hweva K,tho uve adoptd a 'safe' positn regardin ur employmnt,dnt undermine d surety uve got as a bliever that since u askd,u ve receivd.its cald livin dangerously, a lyf of faith,i mean, I bliv u all r here2prove2me d@ hard work+faith does pay off.pls,dnt despair. Uchetobi,im sry i dnt undastnd wt u mean.i guess i misd sumthin.i ll try 2 b mo' careful whn readin,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by strykin: 12:37am On Jul 26, 2007
Ehido,Kuwena,thnx so much 4 d encouragemnt!may u continue 2 b lamps un2 d path 'f a generatn poisd 4 immense change(i hp i dnt sound cryptic).hweva K,tho uve adoptd a 'safe' positn regardin ur employmnt,dnt undermine d surety uve got as a bliever that since u askd,u ve receivd.its cald livin dangerously, a lyf of faith,i mean, I bliv u all r here2prove2me d@ hard work+faith does pay off.pls,dnt despair. Uchetobi,im sry i dnt undastnd wt u mean.i guess i misd sumthin.i ll try 2 b mo' careful whn readin,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by strykin: 12:50am On Jul 26, 2007
Attended my younger sister's graduatn ceremony 2day, she's fresh out of sec sch, reminded me of hw tym flies.Face it,jst a few yrs ago,i was @ d@ stage.nw im all set 4 IT,earnestly preparin 4 lyf afta sch,nd 4 sum reasn,im scard stiff.Im jst so glad d@ i ve been abl 2 hv a taste of ur lives thru ur 'colorful' posts(chronicles,perhaps), at d risk of soundin a bit patronizin,im thankful cos,albeit unknowingly,u all r helpin 2 shape a 'future me'.Ure all in my prayers,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 10:40am On Jul 26, 2007
Thanks a lot, @strykin, for everything you have said. Thanks, and God bless you. smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:33am On Jul 26, 2007
The month of August is drawing all the more closer. We are anticipating and dreading what a fellow NLNG Hopeful has said may be the loneliest month we are likely to have, as we wait for September when, as we generally believe, NLNG will call us. We have been dealing with the ethers that inspire pessimism for the past one month or so, and are trying to keep our heads above the waters of negativity. An NLNG Hopeful did say earlier that the house assumed a certain religiousity; all of a sudden, he claimed, we seemed to 'go back to God'; how did he conclude that we had not already been with God all the while! We are a people that are chosen and made for progress; we are the ones called to live a life that serves as inspiration to others. Others indeed may not see us the way we see ourselves, but it does not have to matter. It is our own view of ourselves that matters, and not theirs. If we keep seeing the goal, we will get there. Let me here tell a story:

A certain dog caught sight of a rabbit and wanted it for dinner. The rabbit also saw the dog and in fright began to run away. The dog of course chased after the rabbit. As the dog was chasing the rabbit, other dogs saw it and asked what it was doing. The first dog replied that it was chasing a rabbit it had just seen. The other dogs said they would join it chase that rabbit, and they did. As they went on chasing the rabbit, the other dogs began to get tired. They repeatedly asked the first dog if it was sure it saw the rat; the first dog said it actually did see the rabbit. But after a while, the other dogs began to get very tired and to fall one after another by the way side, because they did not see the rabbit. But the first dog went on and on and finally got at the rabbit. It was able to persevere because it did see that rabbit and it was DETERMINED to get at it, at all costs.

In this NLNG struggle, we must keep believing; we must not wait for others to believe in us; rather, we must be first to believe in ourselves. We must make sure that we keep focussed, on what we have believed, and go on living a life of faith that Yahweh who has called us to this victorious living will keep faith with us and ensure that we get to the end. We must ford off all the distractions and maintain a course that is sure and steady. It is the only way by which progress is possible. Read the card below for inspiration:

http://www.123greetings.com/view/7AZ40726032319274

I hope you realize too that August does not have to be lonely or fretting. Just keep believing, and keep posting. God be with you all!

'E don sign am say we go make am; Baba God don sign am say we go do am-o; na wa destiny, make dem no think am!'
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 6:02pm On Jul 26, 2007
I am about to log out for the day - but I will be here again tomorrow, talking as usual, even if I end up talking only to myself, in some sort of column, as this is becoming seeing that fewer people are posting - but I am determined to keep this thread going even if I have to do it alone. I will always post, as long as there is a thread to post on. Each day. You all can count on that. I will post because I will post; and that is that about that for that. I will post. Full stop.

'E don sign am say we go make am; Baba God don sign am say we go do am-o; na wa destiny, make dem no think am!'

cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Ehido(m): 6:57am On Jul 27, 2007
Kuwena Just know this U are not alone on this I read ur posts everyday as a matter of fact first thing before the normal days work and I guess many others are following too.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Ehido(m): 8:17am On Jul 27, 2007
Please fellow NLNG workers, I dont seem to understand how we came to the conclusion that NLNG will require between 80-100 people, sincerely I wish they will take more people but where did this information originate from. Please help me out I really will like to know. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / NPC Launches E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.