Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,936 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (210053 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 11:25am On Aug 30, 2007
Hello Ken,
I happened to accord your post some respect for two reasons;
one, yours adds a fresh voice to this discussion or should I say, dispute.
secondly, I appreciated the tone you began with. I guess for the first time since I contributed on this thread, someone has attempted to speak mildly with reference to me. So in that regard, you earned my respect.

However, you fell into the temptation of speaking out of 'bias'. It's easy to be biased with a guy like me. Afterall things have been shaken up since my very first posting here and the reprisal reactions, mostly from Drianny have made it worse!
Besides, Drianny has been your friend before I even came into the picture, so, it's understandable where you may pitch your tent. I would have been tempted too had I been in your shoes. So I understand.

However, let me reiterate that I was never under any illusion that my posting was going to be an easy pill for anyone to swallow. (It wasn't even easy for me!) Neither was I under any illusion that I was gonna make easy friendships here. I rather not go for easy friendships when I have serious issues to iron out. Life itself ain't easy!

I appreciate your comments though and your right to take sides. Afterall, this is an open forum. What I would have prefered was an objective appraisal of the comments so far, not a biased one. However, people come in different shades and you have a right for whatever shade you choose. That is what makes each of us unique!

Finally, I would like to apologise to anyone else who felt my comments were rude!

I don't kill faiths, I merely question fantasies disguised as faith. And warn of the dangers of dwelling on such fantasies. Besides if your faith in God were strong, you need not go ballistic if it were questioned. That was the issue I faced with you Drianny. angry

And Ken,
you chose who amongst the two of us you wanted to criticize and the issues you preferred to close your eyes to. lipsrsealed That was what I refered to as bias You would have chosen to be a 'Daddy' here and rather be objective with your criticisms. But I guess, the role is too BIG for you to play.

Furthermore, I would like to refrain from taking you up on specific issues and mud-rubbings on me. I had already done that with Drianny and would appreciate we focus on more productive issues smiley

I also appreciate your comments.
And I wish you luck in NLNG!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 11:58am On Aug 30, 2007
Adrianic,

I bore u grin grin grin

I wonder how with so much of your energy dissipated into discreditting me and shutting me up!

No, I don't bore you smiley

After firing from all cannisters and requiring help from no other than Ken, you are exhausted wink

But let's not take it personal. We merely made this thread more interesting.

I wish you well my guy smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 12:27pm On Aug 30, 2007
Kuwena,

Permit me to address you!

I must say that your posting on Elijah and your admonition, 'Peace be still' was the perfect elixir yet to grace the uproar on this thread!

You acted like the 'Daddy' here smiley Not taking sides and most of all, being silent on the issue when you were part and parcel of this thread cool

When at all you did speak, you sued for 'peace' without taking sides. That is the mark of christianity. Maturity also dots your behaviour.

I doff my hat for you! grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 12:38pm On Aug 30, 2007
opokonwa

Repetition is usually for emphasis.

so let me repeat.

i had no problem with the message.

neither did i with the messenger.

my problem was with the tone of the message.

i am sure u may not have heard of this definition of a diplomat"a diplomat is one who tells u to go to hell in such a way dt u actually look forward to the journey."

u did not prove urself one.

i never get exhausted with anything.

if u had brought any new issue up other dn seeking for sympathy over words used ,i definitely would have been here for u.

i assure u,nothing is taken personal by me.

and there are definitely no hard feelings.

if u say we made the thread more interesting,so be it.

lest i forget,nice writing style
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 1:01pm On Aug 30, 2007
Runsaway,

Abeg yarn wetin you warn yarn! May I not be the reason for withholding meaningful information.

Have I really ruffled some feathers?  Oops! Je desolee!

Alright feathers! Please get back to your proper placez! grin  I apologize.

Also may I add that at this stage, nothing can rob anybody of any miracle, wetin go be don be already!

The rest are exercises which we humans are won't to do.

Be thankful to God! grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tblack3: 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2007
@ oponks, pls dont crucify oponks, i like the man, you know he is just expressing himself, and he made sense, ehido,adranic, we shudnot allbe looking in 1 direction, oponks has brought spice to this thread, irrespective of all that, we should remain positive in faith, adranic keep it up, oponks, keep it up too, oponks to me brings to me sober reflections of our lives as we remain positive , let us not mis interprete our selves, we remain together bro, one love always
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tblack3: 1:44pm On Aug 30, 2007
runswayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, give us the gist, k?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 2:17pm On Aug 30, 2007
Ehido,

Don't worry about it! I am a good team-galvaniser! grin Not just a team-player!

I only had a 'shock-entry' but it's ok now wink It was only orchestrated to create make-believe cheesy

Talk of making things happen!

Regardzzzz man smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2007
smiley

Okpoko, thanks a lot for your gracious comments. I 'bow and tremble'. One love, my guy.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 3:17pm On Aug 30, 2007
Yeah you were right! Adrianic!!

I quite agree with you.

The tone of the message was however intended to bring out the sort of responses that flowed from you.

I guess I dared shocked lol!  How else does one upset a discussion that seemed to flow only in one direction?
Expectations! Expectations!! Expectations!!! grin  And had thrown away commonsense entirely?! embarassed

But by upsetting it entirely! wink  

But you did well in the part you played.

At the end, you earned my respect too. cheesy

And yes, I have heard that definition of a 'diplomat' times without number! But I chose not to be one on this occasion. cool

And forgive me for being brutally frank. smiley  And bold too!

That's the way I'm created. cheesy

And thanks for the compliment.

Regardzzz all!

And pleaze!!  Expect you letters or non! Oops! grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by dwonder(m): 4:22pm On Aug 30, 2007
check out international recruitment agencies @

http://dwonder..com
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2007
opoks
nice one.

i must confess,i respect ur frankness.

ur style of coming into the thread was unique.it tells a lot about u.

i appreciate dt too.

as per d words,they were never meant.

i must confess it was fun for me too while it lasted.

thanks for tasking the brain.

u ve got a great future ahead of u.

i think its time to say ,WELCOME.

let brotherly love continue
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Everbright(f): 5:50pm On Aug 30, 2007
I wasn't called after the first test cry
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 7:13pm On Aug 30, 2007
cheesy

Everbright, yo are so funny! No wonder you're ever bright. I guess it's your sense of humour that keeps you so. But not to worry. Your future is still colourful, and I know you will get there. One love, as always!

smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 7:20pm On Aug 30, 2007
'Drianny, I see you're online. What's that your email addy again, so we may chat on yahoo messenger if you have the time and if you feel up to it.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by brazillian: 7:09am On Aug 31, 2007
Hello kuwena,
how are you doing? cause i am good and i guess you want to know who this is, nkem! i love your contributions just send me more personal mails ok
stay blessed!
nkem smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Kenosym(m): 10:45am On Aug 31, 2007
poks,

I want also to welcome you to the thread, though your entering raised some dust but it did actually added some spicy to this thread and i believe its very much accepted because variety they say is the taste of food.

You are welcome on board.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Kenosym(m): 10:51am On Aug 31, 2007
runsaway,

Our ears are still itching to hear what you have for us please don't actually " run away", yan the koko, at least no more feathers are ruffled, one love.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Kenosym(m): 10:58am On Aug 31, 2007
Kuwena,

whatever you say I much agree, you know you are like a daddy in this thread just like poks said, and your sacrifice to this thread from the onset is such a challenge, and more than enough reason not to argue about this at all. And most of all I think we all understands each other once more.

NLNG, small small so say!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by runsaway: 11:41am On Aug 31, 2007
sorry. i dont browse everyday.
no gist. just wanted to distract the warring opokonwa and adrianic
my bad. embarassed
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:44pm On Aug 31, 2007
smiley

NLNG. Small, small so say!

Permit me to gently insist on this signature. Believe me, it will help us to put things in perspective. We must be patient and slow, when it comes to NLNG. We only have to look before us to see why we cannot rush; at least, not yet. Because we have been hasty and somewhat impatient with NLNG, we have raised voices and tempers. Now all we need to raise is our hearts. In the Catholic church, the priest as part of the Solemn ritual says, 'Lift up your hearts,' and we the Faithful say, 'We lift them up to the Lord.' Let us lift up our hearts then, patiently, to Yahweh.

'They that trust in Yahweh shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and shall not be weary; they shall walk and shall not faint.' It should be so with NLNG. Come to think of it, it is not NLNG that has been too slow; it is us that have been too hasty. They did say September was the earliest possible time they could contact us; and what do we see? August is not yet over, and I have led everyone to cry impetuously: NLNG, bring my letter!

'If I hustle my money, you go follow me chop am; na me bring you come Lagos, I resemble your papa?' Many of us know this lyric by a gifted Nigerian musician. It resembles our situation. Today, as I prepared to go marketing with a colleague, we felt harrassed by the blazing afternoon sun of Kano. Jennifer squealed, 'Look at this sun!' I asked: 'Who send you come work for Intercontinental Bank?' You see? She had chosen to work here, and so she had to bear everything she encountered on the job. Soyinka, the only Nigerian to have won the Nobel Prize for Literature, said in his The Lion and the Jewel: 'The wood insect that gathers sticks must carry them on its head.' If we have decided to apply to NLNG, we must stomach all what we perceive to be their delays. Yet, I am sure they are not deliberately stalling; you may even be surprised to know they are doing the best they can.

We are even lucky we have a thread like this, where we can vent our frustrations and bear one another up. I have earlier said that we are like the finalists at a Beauty pageant. As the judges begin to call the results, do you notice how they hold tightly to one another? It is their anxiety that makes them do so. Some know that they may not make it; others expect to; but whether in despair or in dire hopefulness, they cling unto one another, to allay the ethers that breed pessimism. I have always warned about these ethers; it is my prayer that we do all in our power to allay them.

'What benefit would my dying be, my going to the grave; can the dead give You praise or proclaim Your truth?' (Cf Psalm 30 NJB). The above question is that of the psalmist to Yahweh; it should also be our own question. We, by means of this question, beg Yahweh to favourably consider our situation; we remind Him that if we succeed, we shall proclaim His love to all who care to listen; and we can do that by posting on this thread.

Above all, let us recall: 'E don sign am say we go make am; Baba God don sign am say we do am-o; na wa destiny, make dem no think am!' It is well with us.

One love, y'all.

NLNG. Small, small so say!

smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 3:20pm On Aug 31, 2007
I must confess that av bn following this thread for a long time now but had a problem deciding when to get in. Also wasn't too sure about the relevance or benefit of my contribution(s). Besides I also shared Opoks' view of the need for a more realistic expectation but probably decided, rightly or wrongly, to steer clear of controversy so as not to be seen as the devil's advocate. I guess it's safe to come in now the dust is settled. But I must confess that while the saga lasted, and even more so now that it's over, I cultivated increased respect for the duo of Opoks for telling us wot we needed to hear and not just wot we wanted to hear which was quite refreshing, and Kuwena for the fatherly role he played at sueing for peace. Indeed kuwena, u r the godfather as far as this thread is concerned. Okpoks I love ur style! I really do!
smiley
And to all NLNG hopefuls, Adrian and all, I wish us all the best, God bless us all

Whether to be or not to be, IT'S WELL
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 3:57pm On Aug 31, 2007
@runsaway,
you are not serious o.so you tempted us with a juicy gist just for the missiles between me and opoks to stop flying.i am sure guys were waiting with bated breaths to hear the juicy gist.that was a good strategy though.i must say, on further thought, opoks did a world of good.i think with him we went on a retreat.it was fun while it lasted.u are a good guy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 4:10pm On Aug 31, 2007
nlng. small small so say
@ehido,i am still interested in what ur pastor said.the third world war brtween opoks and i made u skip that of ur midweek service.keep the faith.
@everbright,
how far,
hope things are working out fine with u my brother.nlng is not the end of the world.u go get wetin better pass am.
@opoks,
i am beginning to miss the fun.lets fight again abeg.how are u my brother.howz work.dont stop posting.we could all learn from one another on this thread.
@kuwena,
i think i was d first to call u the godfather on this thread.i still maintain it.as i told u the other day,nothing waits forever.just keep ur fingers crossed.
@pgm,
i understand ur point.as has always been said,nlng or not,let HIS will be done.welcome on board.
@kenosym,
u also added spice to the fun in ur own way.howz port.hope say bullet never graze anybody head there.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 4:16pm On Aug 31, 2007
Now this is beginning to feel like a family, I beg to be in tears! cry

Welcome pgm! It was wise of you to stay aware if you couldn't handle the pressure wink

So tell me; 'are an NLNG hopeful too or a simply a well-wisher?'

We need more friends on board!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by runsaway: 4:21pm On Aug 31, 2007
i am so glad u r not mad at me.
smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 4:36pm On Aug 31, 2007
Runsaway,

That was a stroke of genius! grin

You know I suspected wink Smart way to back-out too!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 4:54pm On Aug 31, 2007
Everbright,

Nothing to feel bad about!

You know how many tests I don try wey no work?

And the disappointments I faced before my first break?!

No be small thing o!

But I guess God showed Mercy at HIS time to me!

That's why I shall say, 'focus on God!' HE holds NLNG in HIS Hands!

And many other better placez, offers and opportunities in life!

Your signature name, 'Everbright' is a name that could attract the favour of God to you.

Take that as a prayer-point
and communicate it to God!

Please stay-in-touch and remain blessed! smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 5:03pm On Aug 31, 2007
Thanks Ken smiley

J'ai apprecie

And Drianny,

Thank you for you brotherly love!

The future has already begun.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by larwee(m): 7:06pm On Aug 31, 2007
peace on all NLNG hopefuls! I've been following your gist for sometime now, but only

decided to get my membership today, at least so that i can chip-in some news into the thread.
I was in lagos last week, passed time with a friend who is with NLNG lipsrsealed "no bi me talk am".

The good news: NLNG is all said and done now!  smiley

The bad news? wow! ( shocked eyes bulging!) 'wetin go be don be!' but only 70 are recruited!

We may start getting letters as early as next week!  grin

so, back to the Question "which way NLNG?"
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 7:18pm On Aug 31, 2007
I believe you, Larwee. Know why? Since last week, everyday I go for Mass, the theme is the same: Be prepared, because you do not know when the Lord is coming. Yes, I think we may begin to expect the letters from next week. Once again, I believe you, Larwee; I truly do.

Guess what! Revd. Fr. Ejike Mbaka is here in Kano even as we speak! He is here to conduct a four-day-miracle-packed retreat, with the subtheme: 'Nothing mega!', which means: Nothing de happen, in TuFacian jargon grin

As I passed by the retreat ground on my way here, come and see igwe ndi madu! People in such large numbers that traffic was halted. Ah! Let the God of Mbaka, Oji-bible-a-wuruo-mgbo, be my God forever. Let Him be praised. He is the one true God. Mbaka, pray for me-o! Even if I am not physically attending the retreat, I am with youin spirit. Indeed, Mbaka is a man of God. And a blessing to us all.

Larwee, like I said, I believe you; and now, Small, small so say doesn't sound so fine again; this is the third signature in one week, like the year of three popoes (1978): Paul VI, John Paul I and John Paul II. The new signature is: Progress! Things are really warming up. The thread will now become fiery active. It's all about progress, as we will see in the next week.

NLNG. Progress!

Let you hearts keep beating. Anxiety is good; believe me.

wink cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by larwee(m): 7:24pm On Aug 31, 2007
so, what now?

lets play the waiting game! "we no go loose!"

grin atleast we all enjoyed the food in federal palace hotel!!! grin

lets keep our hopes alive.

one love!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / NPC Launches E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.