Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,108 members, 7,867,190 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:02 PM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (211929 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 1:32pm On Nov 03, 2007
opoks,

the godfather,u are really back.

within three days of your coming back,the thread has moved two pages.

and all with original pieces not some 'cut and join ' abi na 'cut and paste' articles from cowards.

my guy don begin fear fear.

u retired on october 16 at exactly 8.49 p.m. mr thought abi na thoughtless woke up from sleep  on october 17th at exactly 3.50a.m to paste his beef article(after keeping a beef since d 28th of august when u joined the thread).

go back to page 54 and check out the timing.

and we all claim to be leaders.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 1:39pm On Nov 03, 2007
thought,

i have had my own beef with two great  original men(opoks and okoroboy) who came to face me at day time when i could reply them and not like a thief in the night  after retirement.

u are a very small fry.

i will leave u to opoks.he is enough for u.coward
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 1:50pm On Nov 03, 2007
opoks,remember the end of september.one person called adeyemisa came here and told us dt God told him that our letters would start coming from the fifth or sixth of october.today is d third of november.does God lie?does He give a definite date and rescind it in the twinkle of an eye especially when all His children are in full expectation and none is calling on Him not to do it.my happiness lies in the fact God is not sango,ogun,amadioha or these other gods who strike their followers for even the whitest lie.when will pple learn dt God is not man and His words(when truly heard) must surely come to pass.adeyemisa ,pleas be kind enough to tell us if God has reneged on what he told u.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 2:21pm On Nov 03, 2007
On Monday, I will have to relocate from Lagos to Ofada (somewhere around Ogun state or so) to continue with my training programme. I do not know if we will have access to the internet there. Also, we are not going with our phones; so it will be quite impossible to reach me on the phone. But we are told that we can leave the premises every Sunday to go to church. Hopefully, I will try and look for any internet location and browse on Sundays. I told Opokonwa all this over the phone yesterday (he called; apparently he cares too much for me that he cannot stop calling me, even though he has sworn he would stop; Opoks, thanks for sending me so much that you can't help it; no wahala; you are welcome to love me as much as you like  grin; afterall it's a free world). I am leaving this thread in your hands as I go to bury my head in my books. 'Bata mi a dun ko ko ka, tim ba kawe me.'  wink

Please, keep me informed with this email address: kuwena@yahoo.com
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 3:22pm On Nov 03, 2007
These days I keep asking myself a central question, and I am sure that we as youths should always pause to ask ourselves that same question: WHAT IS MY PURPOSE HERE ON EARTH? I recall that there was a time Jesus' disciples came to him to gossip that Herod had killed certain believers and had mixed their blood with pagan sacrifices. Jesus said: Do not imagine that you are alive because you are better than them. Not at all! If you do not repent, you would be like them, or even like those on whom the tower of Siloam fell and killed.

Just before I left Kano, there was a very early morning on which I could not sleep. It reminds me of my favourite verse in the Bible. My favourite verse in the bible is: Esther 6:1a, which says: 'That night, the king could not sleep.' The truth is that while we sleep each night, very many things are happening in the spiritual realm. There are witches flying with the speed of light; there are ritual sacrifices: blood is sucked, flesh is eaten, and blessings are tied; so many things happen at night.

That night, as I was saying, I could not sleep. And anytime I cannot sleep, I like going to a secluded place in the dark to pray. I love to pray. While still in the university, I was so notorious for radical prayer that I was called 'hacker,' the hacker of demons, what we call in Ibo, oku n'erere; so like I was saying, I woke up that night to pray. As soon as I opened the door and put out a foot, I stepped on flesh; I thought it was a big rat of some sort. I was alarmed, and could not see clearly because of the dark. I went back into the room and brought out light to see by. I found that what I had stepped on was the hand of a hostel mate. He probably had drunk or drugged himself to stupor, and was sprawled out in front of my door (why he chose my room door and not his remains a mystery). I said under my breath, 'Blood of Jesus.' There he was, a thirty-or-so-year-old man, very strong, agile, youthful and handsome, sprawled out with drug or drink, or both. Is that his purpose in life?

What is my purpose; what is your purpose; why did God make you? For those who are Catholics, this is the second question of the Catechism. The first question in the Catechism is:

1. Who made you?
Answer: God made me.

2. Why did God make you?
Answer: God made me to know him, love him, serve him in this world, and to be together with him in the next.

Again, in the book of Micah (chapter 6 verse 8 ), the prophet says: Three things yahweh asks of you; only this: Act justly, love tenderly and walk humbly with your God. But all the foregoing seem a little simplistic. We must be able to ask ourselves daily why we are on earth. Socrates says that an unreflected life is not wort living. We ave to examine our personality, our sexuality, our spirituality and our vocation and discover if we are at all times doing the right thing at the right time and for the right reason. We must fear God and is holy wrath. Ask yourself: Can God boast about me as he boasted about Job? The bible tells us that when the sons of God came to present themselves to him, there came Satan among them, and God said to Satan, 'Where are you from?' And Satan said, 'From going up and down the earth'; and God said: 'Have you considered my servant, Job, that there is none like him in all the earth; a good and upright man, that fears evil and always does good.'

There was a song I picked up sometime ago:

Would I be like Judas, that's what worrying me
Let me stop, watch and pray as I go on.

Would I deny my saviour, that's what worrying me
Let me stop, watch and pray as I go on.

We cannot underestimate the advantages of doing God's will. Yahweh once said to Abraham: Walk before me and be blameless. If we do the will of God at all times, he will always be by us. He will never let us fall by the way side. If we keep the laws of Yahweh religiously, and never deviate on a single point, he will always be with us. This takes a lot of discipline. Have you wondered why people like Mbaka are always working great miracles? Because of his holiness which attracts God's favour. Through that holy man of God, people who were blind receive their sight; the lame walk; the deaf hear, and so on. This is because he keeps away from sin and forsakes evil. In an age where people are going on fornication spree, he keeps himself so clean and chaste that even masturbation is anathema to him.

We live in a world that has grown so insensitive to sin that we lose sight of God's call to holiness. We must be ever vigilant of what God is doing in our lives. How he is calling us to repentance. If we seek him with all our hearts, he will never allow us to fail. These days, I tell Yahweh: Please, do not allow me go astray. Help me to follow you. In the Church we pray: 'Grant O Lord that I may know you more, so as to love you more and follow you more closely.'

In this month of November, let us make a resolution to love God with all our hearts and hate sin. Every form of sin, no matter how little it may seem.

It is well with us. Amen.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 4:19pm On Nov 03, 2007
By the foregoing, we become so dependent upon God that it becomes hard to tell where God stops and we begin. It is no more us that live at such a moment, but God that lives deep within us. We become mixed with God.

Those days when I used to go and visit my best friend at the seminary at Oke-Are (Adrian's alma mater), I used to attend mass in their chapel. On song I picked up from the students there is:

Chorus:
Great things happen when God mixes with men (2ce)
Oh-oh-oh, great and beautiful, wonderful things
Great things happen when God mixes with men.

Some find life, some find peace
Some people even find joy
Some see their lives as they never could before
Some people find that they can now begin to trust

(chorus)

Some find health, some find hope
Some people find that they can now begin to live

(chorus)

Some find hope, some are disturbed
Some people find that they must now begin to change.

(chorus)

The truth is that we need God. St. Paul told Timothy to fan into flame the faith he received from him on the day Paul laid hands on him. Again, Jesus told us unequivocally that without him, or cut off from im, we can do nothing. we must make effort to love God and do his will.

These days I see how worthless life without God is; life without purpose is just chasing the wind. If we have no purpose, we could well be dead, as we would just be occupying space. If we have no purpose, we are just like th hat mad man on Te street; we need God, and he it is that will show us how he wants us to live. He it is who will help us when we are down; he it is who will protect us from our enemies.

David said: Blessed be Yahweh who trains my arms for battle, my fingers for war. Living in our country is hard. My one year in Kano made me forget Lagos a little; but when I go to Oshodi, or Yaba, and I see the thousands of young people doing nothing, I marvel. There are hundreds of young people, many of whom handsome and strong, doing nothing: they are under the bridges playing 'ayo'; some are smoking goof; some are selling finger-like batteries at four for ten naira; I wonder, and I sigh. Is this what God made these people for? Yesterday, I went to Yaba; I had forgotten how rowdy Yaba could be; I saw a little boy; he was selling nylon bags; he kept coming to me and saying, 'Brother, buy nylon bag; brother, buy nylon bag.' I did not want to buy the bag at first because I had no use for it; but ten I bought it, to keep him from pestering me; the bag was forty naira (as he said) but I gave him sixty naira, because he was a small boy. And I love children, with all my heart. But why was he there selling bags? I felt so sorry. And yet, I am no better than he; I have never hawked in my life; but only by the grace of God.

'What if Yahweh was not with us when they attacked us?
Israel may say this again:
What if Yahweh was not on our side wen they attacked us?
If Yahweh was not with us when they attacked us
They would have swallowed us alive in the heat of their rage
The torrents would have swept over us
The floods swept us away
Either would have drowned us in their turbulent waves
But blessed be Yahweh (Catholics may here sign themselves with the cross)
Who did not let us fall prey to those teeth
Who let us escape like birds from the fowler's net
He tore the net and we are escaped
Our help is in the name of Yahweh, who made both heaven and earth
(Psalm 124).

Let us examine this psalm carefully. It starts by saying:

What if Yahweh was not on our side when they attacked us?

Beloved, we are under attack each minute of our lives. The songist said in psalm 3 verse one and following: Yahweh, more and more people are turning against me; more and more people are rebelling against me; more and more people are saying about me: "there is no help for him in his God."' We live in a hard country. Even on this thread, certain individuals are complaining of being envied. Envy is a big reality for us. Many people seem to be living far below their potential in this country. And for this reason, many people have bruised egos. Following Abraham Maslow's hierarchy of needs, we see that many individuals are still struggling to satisfy their physiological needs. They cannot even think to satisfy their grander needs of aesthetics or actualization; as a result, they are prone to feel dissatisfied and needy, and wen they see people who seem to be faring better, they naturally feel very envious. Envy then becomes a deep-seated reality for us in this our country. And envy sometimes translates to witchcraft; certain individuals act on their envy and bring others down through underhand means. This as well is a reality with us. These are part of the attacks we face each day. And so we need God. Because, it is suicidal to forsake him.

If Yahweh was not on our side wen they attacked us, they would have swallowed us alive in the heat of their rage; the torrents would have swept over us, Te floods have drowned us; but blessed be Yahweh who did not let us fall prey to those teeth, who let us escape like birds from the fowler's net

When we walk with God, we can go ahead and live successful lives. God shields us and puts us in his care. You know one thing I discover? In this country, one needs to cling on strongly to a spiritual force to succeed. Even in my own case, as I move on in life, I feel a growing need to secure myself spiritually. It seems difficult for a young man to live rich and happy in a country surfeit with competitive envy, if he has not rooted himself in some spiritual cult (religion or voodoo); the fear of losing all what you have struggled to acquire becomes a reality; coupled with the fact that you have heard of successful men dying early. It then seems logical to have one person praying for you, if you are not praying sufficiently for yourself. In my case I am lucky. I have a best friend who loves me more tan even himself, and he is a seminarian soon to be a priest, and he tells me that he is always calling my name before the Blessed Sacrament, in deep prayer. Coupled with the fact that I am always praying for myself, and trying not to displease Yahweh, my God.

He tore the net and we are escaped; our help is in the name of Yahweh that made both heaven and earth.

Somewhere in the bible it is said: 'Oh that man would praise Yahweh for his goodness and wonderful deeds, for breaking Te gates of brass and cutting asunder the bars of iron.' God is a shield for us, he is our glory, and the lifter of our heads (cf psalm 3 v 2). We need God in our situation. We need to pray. Mbaka tells us to PUSH, to Pray Until Someting Happens. We must imitate the prophets of old. These men prayed on and on and on, without stopping. These days I tell God, give me a revival in my heart. Help me to know you. Help me to pray. These days, my life is not about NLNG. It is about pleasing God. A friend of mine told me a story of a guy whop got job in Mobil as an engineer, only to die in four months. Did Mobil save him? We need God. We need to pray. I thank God I am going to Ofada, as it will be a retreat away from normal civilization, and the hustle of Lagos, as I want to rediscover God in my situation. I want to learn to love him more. I realize that I need God. What some people do these days is that they look for a prayer partner; for example I could join forces with say, Opokonwa, and we could choose certain days of the week to pray, and to fast. Because 'whatever two of you should agree, it will be done'. Prayer is essential.

Let us pray; fervently.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2007
These days, I feel as if I am evolving. Before, I was a student; I would ask for money for nearly everything: books, provisions, and all what not. Now I am going to be a man. I am going to have to go to work. I am going to have to get married, and then bear children. There will be some little individuals saying: Daddy, daddy; how scary! embarassed And when they say daddy, I have to answer, 'Yes, what do you want?' And they will begin to say more scary things: They want school fees! They want food! And how much do all these things cost? Thousands of naira. And at 28 or 29, I have to start giving money to buy the things I had not so long ago asked others for. How scary! shocked But I have no choice.

The bible tells us that when David died, Solomon succeeded him as king. He asked God for wisdom, because he was but a youth, and he had to lead a great number of people. And God was pleased with his request. Many homes are destroyed these days because the parents do not know God. Certain young men prefer to hang out at the beer parlor drinking to stupor; they go after women. I know a certain boy (believe me, this is a real story); he used to keep a time table for girls he messed wit. On Monday, girl A; on Tuesday, girl B, and so on. Then there was a day he did not have any money in his pocket to sleep with any of his regular girls; he then went to a brothel and knelt down in front of a prostitute and was begging: Please, let me Bleep you on credit; please I beg you, open your legs and let me in; I will pay you tomorrow.' There were tears in his eyes. The girls grumbled and said, 'Okay. But na short time you go do-o.' Te guy said, okay and started to hurriedly denude himself and the LovePeddler. This is a true story. Chibuike caught them redhanded and told me. The guy in question is 32 years old now. He never passed JAMB or entered the university; till date all he does is sleep with girls and mess himself up. Is God mocked? Never.

Many times, the evil in our lives is man-made; many times, we are the architect of our own failures. The bible says: 'O that you would listen to his voice, harden not your hearts as at Meribah; as on that day at Massah in the desert, wen you fathers put me to the test; when they tried me, although they had seen what I could do (cf psalm 95, njb).

We must try to go back to God with all our hearts, even in this NLNG race. We need Jesus now

Chorus:
Jesus now, more than ever
We are sailing through stormy weather
All is children should come together
For we need Jesus now more than ever (2ce)

He touched the blind man and he started seeing
He touched the lame man and he starting walking
He gave his life up for you and me
Yes we need Jesus now more than ever
More than ever

(chorus)

He cured the woman with the issue of blood
He cured the daughter of the man Jairus
He gave his body to be our food
Yes we need Jesus now more than ever
More than ever

(chorus)
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 4:56pm On Nov 03, 2007
The long and short of what I am saying is this: As young men, we have better things to do than wasting our time chasing shadows and frivolities. There are severe issues that we have to tackle, and to tackle very seriously. We do know there are challenges facing us everyday in a country like this where there are limited opportunities and wasted dreams. But we have God, and we can look up to him. Only yesterday during training, we were told the story of a young ET in the bank who was made a paying teller. He paid shortage of N250,000 in his work place and was to refund the bank the money. We also heard the story I told earlier of that young man who got job in Mobil only to die four months earlier. Certain individuals as well do not know how to escape the trouble that seems perennial. Please, rather than be like the unfortunate many, let us be among the lucky few.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2007
I have earlier said that my postings may be fewer because I am going to Ogun state. But let me say this here, and to you my dear Opokonwa.

First, you must know I send you a lot. Forget wetin Tommyex dey yarn about adoring you and all that; no be for mouth grin (Jesus asked Peter: Do you love me more than the others. He said you know I love you; not you know I love you more than the others). Anyway, what I want to say is this: please and please, leave Thought alone. It is okay. Do not turn this thread into a yabbing ground, or a place to throw spleen. This should be a forum where everyone is free to express himself without rancour. I understand that there have been certain misunderstandings in the past among individuals, but they should be always resolved amicably. Believe me, there are greater problems than we imagine there are, and it is better we talk about issues, and leave persons. Issues, not persons. These are what count; these are what make us better people. Please and please.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 5:26pm On Nov 03, 2007
Beloved, let us urge upon ourselves a certain kind of transparent behaviour that challenges God and makes him ever ready to assist us. Nobody can rise greater than what God has in store for im. And with righteousness, always doing exactly what is right, we can come more fully into our 'promised land'. Yahweh himself has not left us orphans in this regard. The bible reminds us: Three things Yahwehh asks of you, only these: Act justly, love tenderly, and walk humbly with your God. Please let us take them one after the other:

Act Justly

Ask yourself: What does it mean to act justly? It means doing everything that is correct. ANd how can we know what is correct? By listening to our conscience. Do we recall thhe story of Pinnochio? The story goes thus: There was a humble carpenter that was a very good man; but he did not have any child. In his heart he wanted a cild, but e did not have any. One night, he made a wooden boy. It was not a real boy; it was only a toy. But he wised that it would be like a real boy, even though it was only a toy. After making the toy, hhe went to sleep. As he slept, his fairy godmother came and waved her wand on the toy boy, and it started to move, and talk and beave like a real boy. But it was not a real boy yet. The fairy godmother said it would be a real boy if only it always acted justly, and so she gave him a conscience. You see, to be real, to move to the next level, we need to always act justly, and we can do this only by listening to our conscience, and actively choosing to do only what is right. Do you remember the stroy of Shedrach, mesac and Abednego? The king said that everyone should eat his rich food, but they refused and ended up fatter than others. Then the king said everyone should worsip his God, but they refused and were rescued from the flames of hell that all those who worshipped his god will go to at the end of time. 'Of what profit is it if a man should gain the whole world and lose his soul?' Please, let us always act justly. We must always make a conscious effort to do exactly what is correct. Have we woken up in the morning? We should pray. After praying, we should greet everyone around us good morning; before we talk, we should brush our teeth; we must wash our clothes and press them; we sould have our bath; we sould be clean and upright. We should not litter the floor; we should not steal. Everything we do must be correct and proper. All these refer to our personality.

Love tenderly

When the bible tells us to love tenderly, it is not referring to sleeping with all the girls around us. When I was at Imo State University, I lived in an off-campus self-content room, opposit Pascal Dozie's house at Prefab. I lived in room nine in the hostel; the guy living living in room seven was thhe winner of the title of 'most handsome boy in History' and was very randy; he claimed to have slept with all the girls in is class at the time of graduation; each day as I returned from lectures, I saw him with at least one new girl. The guy called himself romantic. So sad. This is not the kind of love that God wants us to have. He wants us to love im first. This kind of love is called Agape, the love of God. It is a well-wishing love. It is a love that has all the characteristics outlined in Corinthians chapter 13; it is the kind of love I share with my bestfriend a priest-in-training; it is the kind of love I share with my hopeful fiancee; it is the kind I share with all good people. The psalmist says: 'Let your love shine on all good men, all those that do your will; but as for the wicked ones, those who follow twisting paths, send the to join the evil doers in hell.' This kind of love is pure and oly. It is bigger than anything we have felt. It is the kind of love Jesus had for Jon, as the latter lay on his breast and asked at the Last supper: Who will betray you?'
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 5:57pm On Nov 03, 2007
Beloved, let us urge upon ourselves a certain kind of transparent behaviour that challenges God and makes him ever ready to assist us. Nobody can rise greater than what God has in store for him. And with righteousness, always doing exactly what is right, we can come more fully into our 'promised land'. Yahweh himself has not left us orphans in this regard. The bible reminds us: Three things Yahweh asks of you, only these: Act justly, love tenderly, and walk humbly with your God. Please let us take them one after the other:

Act Justly

Ask yourself: What does it mean to act justly? It means doing everything that is correct. And how can we know what is correct? By listening to our conscience. Do we recall the story of Pinocchio? The story goes thus: There was a humble carpenter that was a very good man; but he did not have any child. In his heart he wanted a child, but e did not have any. One night, he made a wooden boy. It was not a real boy; it was only a toy. But he wised that it would be like a real boy, even though it was only a toy. After making the toy, He went to sleep. As he slept, his fairy godmother came and waved her wand on the toy boy, and it started to move, and talk and behave like a real boy. But it was not a real boy yet. The fairy godmother said it would be a real boy if only it always acted justly, and so she gave him a conscience. You see, to be real, to move to the next level, we need to always act justly, and we can do this only by listening to our conscience, and actively choosing to do only what is right. Do you remember the story of Shedrach, mesac and Abednego? The king said that everyone should eat his rich food, but they refused and ended up fatter than others. Then the king said everyone should worship his God, but they refused and were rescued from the flames of hell that all those who worshipped his god will go to at the end of time. 'Of what profit is it if a man should gain the whole world and lose his soul?' Please, let us always act justly. We must always make a conscious effort to do exactly what is correct. Have we woken up in the morning? We should pray. After praying, we should greet everyone around us good morning; before we talk, we should brush our teeth; we must wash our clothes and press them; we should have our bath; we should be clean and upright. We should not litter the floor; we should not steal. Everything we do must be correct and proper. All these refer to our personality.

Love tenderly

When the bible tells us to love tenderly, it is not referring to sleeping with all the girls around us. When I was at Imo State University, I lived in an off-campus self-content room, opposite Pascal Dozie's house at Prefab. I lived in room nine in the hostel; the guy living living in room seven was the winner of the title of 'most handsome boy in History' and was very randy; he claimed to have slept with all the girls in is class at the time of graduation; each day as I returned from lectures, I saw him with at least one new girl. The guy called himself romantic. So sad. This is not the kind of love that God wants us to have. He wants us to love him first. This kind of love is called Agape, the love of God. It is a well-wishing love. It is a love that has all the characteristics outlined in Corinthians chapter 13; it is the kind of love I share with my bestfriend a priest-in-training; it is the kind of love I share with my hopeful fiancee; it is the kind I share with all good people. The psalmist says: 'Let your love shine on all good men, all those that do your will; but as for the wicked ones, those who follow twisting paths, send the to join the evil doers in hell.' This kind of love is pure and holy. It is bigger than anything we have felt. It is the kind of love Jesus had for John, as the latter lay on his breast and asked at the Last supper: Who will betray you?'

Walk humbly with your God

We need God. I have said this over and over again; we need God in our hearts. If you go through the second chapter of the first letter of Paul to the Philippians, he said:

Let this heart that was in Christ Jesus also be with us; for though he was at one wit God, he did not see equality with God as a thing to be grasped, but  he humbled himself and became a man; and having become a man he humbled himself further even to the point of accepting death, death on a cross; but God raised him high and gave him a name that is above all other names; so that at the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

In walking humbly with God, we exclaim like the psalmist in psalm 133: 'Yahweh, I am not proud!' We allow God to be God; we do not harden our hearts as at that day at Massah in the desert 'when your fathers put me to the test although they had seen what I could do.' We repent and ask for the forgiveness of God, like did the penitent publican who could not even raise his eyes up to heaven.

Indeed, I need God; what about you?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 6:05pm On Nov 03, 2007
Just in case I don't post for quite a while, I hope I have posted enough to last till the next time I post. All I have been trying to say is this: Let us all be good people. It will help us. Thank you, and one love to you all.

God bless us. Bye for now.

smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 10:27am On Nov 04, 2007
hmmm which 1 oga Kuwena dey yan with my name now ooo
Adrainic welcome back too oo,how?

ALL
Have a nice sunday
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 10:40am On Nov 04, 2007
Adriano
Tanx man,its great a great dude respect me oo,I love you alot too,actually i love most people that post on this thread,this thread made me Join N/L,esp Kuwena's posts then.
You may need to expalin ur leave though cos i dint know when it staredits possible i missed out on the info

Arsenal has drawn already oo,tanx.We jus need to get a striker now as we look ordinary upfront
We will beat them at Old trafford i promise u.

Ok make i quick send email to you,to hear the breaking news from our beloved future coy.
Have a nice sunday
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 9:33am On Nov 05, 2007
Good morning ppl,
@kuwena,
nice posts there!

glad i was away from this thread over the weekend!.
u know what they say about stray bullets!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by uche7869: 9:50am On Nov 05, 2007
@EVERYBODY, Ladies and gentlemen,

it is my honour and previlege to announce to you all that the Assessment center results are out and letters have been sent out to successful candidates, this week.!!!!I just called the NLNG office in Lagos and spoke to the lady I called to confirm i passed the 2nd stage test, She told me that the letters have been sent out and we should start getting them this week,

in my excitement I cut the phone before I could ask her if I made it, of course i know i'll make it, Im going to call her again later to ask, At last people the wait is over, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Opoks and Adrianic and Okoroboy welcome back, with the gud news out now, can everyone stop fighting, pleaseeeee, Im so excited, im out, will post again today if i can get the lady wen i call back,,,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 11:55am On Nov 05, 2007
uche7869:

[b][size=11pt][color=#990000]@EVERYBODY, Ladies and gentlemen,

it is my honour and previlege to announce to you all that the Assessment center results are out and letters have been sent out to successful candidates, this week.!!!!I just called the NLNG office in Lagos and spoke to the lady I called to confirm i passed the 2nd stage test, She told me that the letters have been sent out and we should start getting them this week,

grin Can't help the smile on my face grin grin grin

(I only hope this one will not be another adeyemisa undecided)

Or another conjecture undecided

Make una no blame me o!

We don wait for this letter pass the millenium bug. embarassed

@Uche

abeg confirm a 2nd time before we all start dancing.

I might probably need a third confirmation before I can drink down this gist. cry
Re: Which Way Nlng? by wandel(m): 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2007
@uche7869 Thank so mcuh for the information. My heart skipped two beats. I feel like jumping and screaming 'Yesssssssssssss'!

I think I see wisdom in opoks post though. Will keep my fingers crossed until its confirmed.

Wishing everone good luck
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 7:01pm On Nov 05, 2007
uche men,

u sound so excited.

i hope i can get as excited as u are.

these guys have kept us waiting for so long dt we dont even know what to believe again.

well as for me,till i get the first authoritative report of someone having collected or recieved his or her letter,like Thomas in the Bible i refuse to believe.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 7:04pm On Nov 05, 2007
I refuse to believe too ooo,adranic how far with the mail
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 8:37am On Nov 06, 2007
Then there was a day he did not have any money in his pocket to sleep with any of his regular girls; he then went to a brothel and knelt down in front of a prostitute and was begging: Please, let me Bleep you on credit; please I beg you, open your legs and let me in; I will pay you tomorrow.' There were tears in his eyes.
from Kuwena

grin

Kuwena, I wonder where you get your story from. Your gist no be small gist o!

grin grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 12:20pm On Nov 06, 2007
@Uche

. . . . Still counting and still expecting our letters . . .

I hope the 'NLNG lady' wasn't tryng to make us all 'feel good'.

(Everyone seem to have their eyes glued on this set, breaths withheld, I bet some of you now check it fifteen times a day!) grin grin

waiting for the first person to confirm the letters?!

But you guys won't post a thing though. 'cause you're damn too much on the receiving side to contribute. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 12:37pm On Nov 06, 2007
uche,

u never call d lady yet.

or was she only 'posting ' u.or rather ,were u only 'posting us'?

i had expected dt if d letters had been truly sent out,at least one soul would have come here to sing his victory or lamentation song.

or was dt a stunt to stop opoks from taking his well deserved shot at thought.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by okoroboy(m): 12:40pm On Nov 06, 2007
@opoks,
to tell the truth i greeted uche's message with some apprehension, like , is this the real thing or another fluke?
anyway why can't any other person call them and confirm.

Opoks, by the powers vested on me as an honorable member of this thread, i hereby nominate you to call the woman and confirm the rumour.

who is would second me,
ok,
kuwena has seconded, so we move it into action and wait for the report from opoks.

opoks , over to you
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 12:44pm On Nov 06, 2007
opoks,

nairalanders,indeed nigerians can like gist o.

since i posted the stuff on having one juicy gist concerning nlng,u cant imagine the number of mails and e-mail addresses i have got asking me to post the gist to their private mail boxes.

some from former regular posters with their sign-on names and others from planet mars.

it only goes to confirm the number of persons who are 'tuned in' to this thread on a daily basis taking all the info they can while claiming to be busy and bluntly refusing to post.

so na so d thing be ehn.

gist koo,gist nii.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 12:57pm On Nov 06, 2007
@ people

I think Uche's gist is true.
Just got a call from Fedex office in my estate.
They asked me to come for a mail for me from Nlng, but i dey office

I asked my sis to go for me sha,

Cheers guys, Talk to y'all later

Im so sorry for being AWOL,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by uche7869: 1:01pm On Nov 06, 2007
[b]@everybody, i need this letter badly too and would not suffer gladly anyone that would pull our legs on such a delicate matter, so i would not do that,

I Called again yestreday like i promised, and to my greatest amazement and dissappointment, another lady picked and when i said i wanted to know if i passed,the lady said the results were not ready, !!!!!till now im still dumfounded and seriously confused, the number i called is

01-2624190 ext 4115,

I dont know what to say or think about this NLNG Issue anymore, why did the first lady tell me one thing and the second another??why the secrecy and the lies?, I know u all will say that im lying but I know who i called and i know what i heard the first time, maybe the resulta are really ready but they dont want to tell anyone, they want only those that pass to know, forget the story about sending letters to everybody weda u passed or not, !!!!!All i can think of doin is get someone in a position of authority to call them and confirm, promise to keep u all posted, !!!!
[/b]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by uche7869: 1:09pm On Nov 06, 2007
@ people

I think Uche's gist is true.
Just got a call from Fedex office in my estate.
They asked me to come for a mail for me from Nlng, but i dey office

I asked my sis to go for me sha,

Cheers guys, Talk to y'all later

I'm so sorry for being AWOL,

can u guys see anniffy4evers post, ?saw it afta i alredy posted , confirming my speculation that the letters are out but nlng wont tell u over the phone if u passed or not.,, if u get a letter u made it, ,if not, ?so guys at last the waiting is trully over!!!!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 1:47pm On Nov 06, 2007
CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenosky just sent me a text msg that his NLNG letter has arrived!

Letter Dated 30th October. He has not yet seen it himself 'cause he is currently in Zenith Training school.

But his younger brother who received it on his behalf said the letted was home!!!!

Hospital: Dr Hammond's And to be treated as VERY URGENT!

CONGRATS!!!!!!! KENOSKY!!!! grin

I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE GONNA MAKE IT.

One down, 89 more to go!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 2:11pm On Nov 06, 2007
And Aniffy4eva too!!!

C0NGRATS!!!!

88 MORE TO GO! Yeah! I'm counting from 90 because while I was on vacation, I decided to call a cousin who knows a "Big Lady" in NLNG.

I wanted to know wetin dey hold our letter and if true true say runs dey.

Na im the "Big Lady" confirm say no runs dey kpatakpata!

She also confirm say na 100 persons NLNG needs.

10 of them must come from Bonny indigenes while the rest of the 90 would come from the rest of the country.

How dem go take select the 90 moi no know o!

All I know be say CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR PEEPS WHO ARE MAKING THE LIST! grin

More will soon follow suit.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by uche7869: 2:41pm On Nov 06, 2007
[color=#006600]Kenosky, !!! congrats man, !!!@ OPOKS, DO You BELIEVE ME NOW!!!!!!, WHY You NO GIVE US THIS JIST SINCE, WELL I KNOW I'LL MAKE IT AND I KNOW You WILL TOO, I WUD LOVE TO MEET You AT NLNG REALLY, I knew God was at work that morning because i prayed about d lng letter and my soituatn before leavin d house and till now i can't say y i made that call yesterday, IM SO EXCITED COS I KNOW MINE WILL BE IN WARRI B4 MONDAY NEXT WEEK,

IT WAS WORTH WAITING FOR!!!!
[/color]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 3:40pm On Nov 06, 2007
@Uche

I appreciate your enthusiasm.

But permit me to take it easy here. I prefer a more laid-back approach to this news.

Because nobody knows who may be dropped. It might be me. I am not afraid to point the ugly finger at me perhaps I am the first to.

Truth is, with so many peeps intelligent and smart et al Not to talk of everyone with their own good luck.

Who then will be dropped?

I pray that I am taken. But if I'm not I WILL MOVE ON!

I would have then lived my own NLNG on this thread and I did it in my own; stylee! stylee!! stylee!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.