Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,642 members, 7,861,970 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:13 AM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (211811 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 7:33pm On Oct 29, 2007
THANKSGIVING
Re: Which Way Nlng? by thought: 9:54pm On Oct 29, 2007
tommyex:

HEy HURRAY
Kuwena is back and in his strides,but i dey vex because u no welcome me oo and i never even retire sef or am i retired forcefully.

THOUGHT
can u let us know what MHM told u about the coy?or are we keeping the secret

Have a nice day everyone.
Keep your hope in God

@tommyex
nothing from mhm yet, probably his taking time to anwer the questions.

@kewena
Congrats!! God is really working in your life.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by uche7869: 11:37pm On Oct 29, 2007
@Kuwena, gud 2c ur apology,

@thought pls like tommyex said let us know what mhm says pls,

we dont have to beg anybody to come back to this thread, ,its a free society man,

as th end draws near, ,many must fall by the way side, anyone that wants to move on is free to do so, y d begging?,

Let us realize that it is not everyone that did the assessment has read or even contributed to this thread, its not compulsory tob belong so leave those that want to go to do so in peace,

October will end in approximately 72 hrs, ,will these be the longest and most rewardin 3days of some of our lives or will the wait continue,

We wait,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by thought: 6:21am On Oct 30, 2007
A poser(I know this is not an Interview but. . . ): Why do you want to work in NLNG, what do you hope to achieve? Do you want a job there simply because of the pay, the work environment, their policies or because of the type of job your being offered? or are you at this point cos you saw a job advert and just applied?  what are your longterm plans in the company is there really something(apart from pay) you expect of them? What if. . . . . ,  . .your expectations are not met that is if there is one, what if. . . . . . . . . (for those who are heading to bonny) you are confined to bonny forever. What if . . . . . . .(for those who feel they cannot be post to bonny due to their field of study) you are posted to bonny permanently. What if. . . . What if . . . . . . you are given a job not in your field of study. . . . .

and the "what if" keeps going on. . . . . . . . . . . . . you could add more. . . . . .  and finally, what if we are not selected(God forbid!!!, reality though). . . . . . . how would we take it. . . . . .

Lots of questions. . lets see the answers . . . . . . so we wait for answers to the "what ifs". .

Peace
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 7:38am On Oct 30, 2007
kuwena:

My dears, please rejoice with me. God has heard my prayer. I am no more to remain at Kopa level with Intercontinental Bank Plc. Just today, I have been called for the compulsory 5-week Training at Lagos, after which I automatically become an executive Trainee with the bank. The best part is that the salary package shoots from 38,500 to about[b] 200,000+[/b]; and that is not all. I am leaving Kano back to Lagos, where my family is, hoping I do not have to be posted back to hot Kano.

Didn't know that banks pay so high. And to imagine that i resigned my job in the bank for another in the oil/gas industry. I'm considering going back to apologise and ask for the job back smiley cheesy grin

Good morning ppl

Av a great day.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 7:41am On Oct 30, 2007
Congrats Kuwena, may we hear more of such on this thread cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 7:44am On Oct 30, 2007
Hey @Pgm sorry to intrude but
Am wondering where exactly do you work as in which Oil and Gas comp?
and is there any major player in the oil and gas sector that pays less than 200K?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 8:01am On Oct 30, 2007
pak:

and is there any major player in the oil and gas sector that pays less than 200K?
pak:

I work in NNPC. The pay is somewhat less than 200K although the stress levels are much more distinct! wink Perhaps u need to clarify more on which companies r "major players" and which r not. I know for example that Saipem, an oil servicing firm, pays much less than 200K per month.

But I was kidding, my post about contemplating a return to the banking industry.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Lindiwe(f): 8:58am On Oct 30, 2007
'sup peeps!

Congrats Kuwena, greater things are yet to come, believe!!! cheesy
"When they Lord blesses you, those who say 'who are you' will come back to say 'how are you' wink

We decrease that He might increase smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Miketomi: 1:16pm On Oct 30, 2007
[quote="Lindiwe"]"When the Lord blesses you, those who say 'who are you' will come back to say 'how are you' [/quote]
Great words. thnaks for blessing my soul.
A big Congratulations to Kuwena.
Wishing you the very best and God's favour continually.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by bobbyan(m): 3:24pm On Oct 30, 2007
@Kuwena

Congra Tula Tions!!! Congra Tula Tions!!! Congra Tula Tions!!! Congra Tula Tions!!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 4:39pm On Oct 30, 2007
Kuwena
no qualms oo,u know we love u.

Congrats and may more blessings come dis month
na appetizer be this oo

ALL
pls pls let no 1 abuse me oo,i heard frm some1 dat knows some1,that its DECEMBER we should expect frm dem again.
Pls i jus want the connection ppl 2 try 2 confirm.
I heard it and i feel i should jus ask 4 what u all know,pls dont yab me oooor else, .no be me create d news ooo

Though
aint men,i am waiting 4 d news anytime men
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 8:05am On Oct 31, 2007
What's Your Opinion

am in a bit of a crossroad and I would really
'preciate your opinion.
Actually am holdin down a job as a programmer while I wait for
the mighty NLNG to call me up, but the issue is that I live so
far away from work that I usually spend more than 5 hrs on the road
evryday and its somehow affecting my work and the stress is obvious,
My MD has been talking of givin me a
loan for accomodation for some time but I'v been quiet about it cos I
blv I'l be in bonny b4 the end of this year. but things got to a head on
last friday when my immediate boss instructed me to apply for the loan this week.
The issue is this, if not for NLNG, i would hav jumpd at the offer (who no like money?)
but since I blv NLNG will be calling me up (talk about faith) very soon, I really
dont want to get into any stuff that would link me more intricately wit the company.
And I also dont want to tel anybody over here about my NLNG ambitions until
I get a formal invitation.
So holla me guys, if you were in my shoes what will you do?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2007
pak:

What's Your Opinion

am in a bit of a crossroad and I would really
'preciate your opinion.
Actually am holdin down a job as a programmer while I wait for
the mighty NLNG to call me up, but the issue is that I live so
far away from work that I usually spend more than 5 hrs on the road
evryday and its somehow affecting my work and the stress is obvious,
My MD has been talking of givin me a
loan for accomodation for some time but I'v been quiet about it because I
blv I'l be in bonny before the end of this year. but things got to a head on
last friday when my immediate boss instructed me to apply for the loan this week.
The issue is this, if not for NLNG, i would hav jumpd at the offer (who no like money?)
but since I blv NLNG will be calling me up (talk about faith) very soon, I really
don't want to get into any stuff that would link me more intricately wit the company.
And I also don't want to tel anybody over here about my NLNG ambitions until
I get a formal invitation.
So holla me guys, if you were in my shoes what will you do?

@pak
if i were in ur shoe i will take the loan. if NLNG calls u, u can always repay the loan even instantly. my 2 cents though, except u av other concerns apart from NLNG.

All the best
Re: Which Way Nlng? by okoroboy(m): 4:25pm On Oct 31, 2007
@pak,

ol boy, collect the loan o, the terms are that u would pay back, to which you would agree, after the first month in NLNG you would afford to pay back and still have accomodation that is within the business district.
so, if i were in your shoe, i would collect the loan o.

one love
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Bashmech: 8:42pm On Oct 31, 2007
[b]hi to all LNG hopefuls. Dis ma 1st time expressin ma self in dis forum. Its over a year now after d series of tests,interviewsetc. I'm still awaitin. I couldn't just keep quiet. I finished from ABU with exceptional so and so, but all d same job is an ordained destiny from Allah(God). Allah says in d Holy Qur'an: Whoever trust in Me, I am sufficient for Him. In another verse He says: I am closer to u than ur vains that flows thru ur neck. D point i'm makin here is dont lose hope LNG or not ur destiny has been ordained by Allah, just pray for what(d job) will be best for u . Thanks. My name is Bahar.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 6:42am On Nov 01, 2007
At times, when surprise attacks comes at you, from unexpected quarters, you may need to pause for a while, to let the wind blow . . .

Perhaps you might learn some wisdom in the trial . . .

In this case, I only learnt about 'player-hating' and experienced 'cowardice'.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 6:43am On Nov 01, 2007
@Kuwena

Thank you for doing the needful.

I'm back.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 6:55am On Nov 01, 2007
@Thought

In all my fights, altercations and challenges (ON THIZ THREAD) I abide by some 'basic rules of combat':

I do not fight a man when he is down!
I do not fight a man when he is out!

I do not fight a man whose back is against me!
I do not fight a man who walks off the fighting arena!

I do not fight a man based on 'player-hating', I fight based on issues and not 'hate'!
I do not fight a man who does not fight me!

Lastly, I do not wait to fight a man after he has retired from the scene!
I AM NOT A COWARD! sad

I am the sort of guy who would look you dead-straight in the eye shocked shocked shocked and give it to you, in ya face, while you are yet standing! I DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT FOR YOU TO GO DOWN FIRST! angry

THAT WAS COWARDICE OF THE HIGHEST ORDER! angry
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 7:19am On Nov 01, 2007
@Thought

For 29 pages between pages 25 to 54 I led this thread.

I fought, reconciled, made peace, entertained, informed, galvanized-together, celebrated, . . . I turned this thread into the most exciting thread on Planet Nairaland. inspite of the fact that the attracting interest was narrow and the group, small.

Peeps who would not post, posted. Even those who have no identification with or relationship with[b]NLNG[/b] could not resist identifying themselves with the Group! It was so electrifying! The camaraderie was beyond this world!

In all those pages YOU DID NOT DROP A SINGLE POST! angry

Perhaps you were sitting behind your computer 'beefing'.

Perhaps you had nothing relevant to say. undecided

Perhaps the mere size and stature of the major posters who led the thread (notably Opoks, Adrianic, Kuwena and Kenosky amongst others!) were too intimidating for your 'beefing' mind to comprehend and fit in!

It was better for you to stay out than join in and become 'ordinary' TALL MEN WHO FEEL SHORT AMONG GIANTS! sad

Then I dropped my badge and retired.

Only for you to 'jump in like a Kangaroo' from nowhere! (AND BEGIN TO HURL INSULTS TO THE BACK OF A FORMER POSTER, WHO HAS HAD NO BUSINESS WITH YOU, WHATSOEVER?! angry)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

You don buy market be that o! angry

Trouble dey sleep, inyanga go wake am! (I ka-ahuro ihe! angry)
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 7:35am On Nov 01, 2007
@Thought

I have no issues with anyone beefing me! (on this thread).

I had so dominated the thread (with my posts) to raise more than a few eye-brows.

I was expecting that the growing number of fans I was having could be balanced by an equally growing number of player-haters! angry where you belong. sad It's only natural. grin

Hence you were sitting in front of your computer all these while, 'whinning' and longing for the day you will have a chance to jump into the thread to insult Opokonwa (the guy you helplessly 'beef'. sad) and perhaps take the shine off him!

But my veracity on the thread coupled with the audacity of my posts didn't provide much chance to you shakes head . . . e yaa! cry

Then you became more frustrated! angry

It only needed my fight with Kuwena and my subsequent walking off the thread (in disgust) for you to re-launch yourself! ON MY BACK?!

And take the place you most coveted!:

CENTER STAGE! tongue
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 7:53am On Nov 01, 2007
@Thought

But did you have to wait for me to go?!

Did you need to start re-launching yourself by rubbishing me and all the reputation I had built?!

Did you need all that to get popular?! (If you didn't have a 'complex thing' with a guy that doesn't even know you exist?! )

It's because the image of the guy (you so wanted to replace) was so large and looming even in his absence that you had no choice but to bad-mouth, mud-sling and rubbish TO CREATE YOUR OWN.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ALL THESE FOR A GUY WHO HAS NEVER RELATED TO YOU?!

Welcome to the 'World of Psychology' Mr. Thought! wink

But your plot and short reign has failed BECAUSE I'M BACK WITH A BANG! grin

I only allowed you for sometime to see how loud-mouthed 'cowards' like you can lead the thread.

AND I WAS DISAPPOINTED sad

In my dayz, Dear Old Thread added two pages a day! IN YOUR OWN TENURE IT HAS ONLY ADDED THREE PAGES IN TWO WEEKS! cry WITH A LOT OF 'HELPING HAND' FROM KUWENA.

TRUE TEST OF LEADERSHIP. sad

Too much mouth NO ACTION! NO EXCITEMENT! embarassed
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 8:07am On Nov 01, 2007
@Thought

I take on cowards like you face-to-face shocked shocked shocked

TELLING THEM WHAT THEY NEVER WANTED TO HEAR! AND IN PUBLIC TOO! cool

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . shooooooooooooooooo!

Do yourself a favour Mr.Thought:

Look for a thread with the title; "COWARDS & BEEFERS ANONYMOUS" AND MAKE YOURSELF COMFORTABLE!

Because that is where you belong.

Perhaps birds of a feather might then flock together! grin

If the thread doesn't yet exist START ONE ON NAIRALAND!

And you will find your brothers and peeps in diaspora! cheesy [b][/b]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 10:50am On Nov 01, 2007
Some kind of deja vu here!

Now I fear it will be btw opoks and thought as was with opoks and Adrian.

@opoks,
welcome back, but please thread softly. I think the house will do with a little less combat at least for now.

We r still smarting from the last altercation

Peace!!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pisky(f): 11:24am On Nov 01, 2007
@ opoks,
na wa o! abi na every rain wey fall, u dey comot bucket for? i thought you to be a gentle man, why all these now that sanity is gradually creeping into this thread. you don't have to react to everything you read, see or perceive. everybody missed your absence on the thread but not to launch a "combat ready" comeback.please for peace sake and the progress of this thread, back down and sheathe your sword

@ thought
please be a gentle man and maintain your cool. i will really appreciate it if you heed my advice.

@all
stay blessed whilst we wait on almighty naija pioneer gas company
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 1:06pm On Nov 01, 2007
pgm:

Some kind of deja vu here!

Now I fear it will be between opoks and thought as was with opoks and Adrian.

@opoks,
welcome back, but please thread softly. I think the house will do with a little less combat at least for now.

We r still smarting from the last altercation

Peace!!!

@pgm

I would have appreciated your advice had you not eaten your words as fast as you spewed them out when Mr Thought hurled insults at me unprovoked and unwarranted.

When Okoroboy 'hit' at Uche, inspite of the fact that I had earlier bitterly criticized Uche for his comments, I flatly admonished Okoroboy for his posts and remained at it. I didn't change mouth immediately like you did.

And even today, I still retain Okoroboy's respect.

I will appreciate Peace which is based on Justice not 'cowardice' sad

This is not the time for Peace This is the time for Justice.

PLEASE SPARE ME YOUR PEACE.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 1:23pm On Nov 01, 2007
pisky:

@ opoks,
na wa o! abi na every rain wey fall, u dey comot bucket for? i thought you to be a gentle man, why all these now that sanity is gradually creeping into this thread. you don't have to react to everything you read, see or perceive. everybody missed your absence on the thread but not to launch a "combat ready" comeback.please for peace sake and the progress of this thread, back down and sheathe your sword

@ thought
please be a gentle man and maintain your cool. i will really appreciate it if you heed my advice.

@all
stay blessed whilst we wait on almighty naija pioneer gas company

@PISKY

I would have also appreciated your advice and 'objectivity' if you didn't keep so silent while my name was being 'rubbed in the mud' The worst thing about it is that it happened in my absence.

You were not 'objective' enough to caution Thought but you are so 'objective' to caution me?!

I do not because of Peace eat 'shit'.

I do not comot bucket for every rain; sad This particular 'rain' sought me out from retirement!

A retired poster could not get 'Peace' and nobody spoke on his behalf.

And now that I'm out You seek for Peace. What a Group!

And about your line on 'gentle man'?

ME I NO BE GENTLE MAN LIKE THATTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry I NO BE GENTLE MAN AT ALL O!

I be African man! Original! I NO BE GENTLE MAN AT ALL O!

I be Afrcan man! Original! I NO BE GENTLE MAN AT ALL O!

I NO BE GENTLEMAN AT ALL AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry

@Thought

He can keep his cool as long as he waits for me to retire again so that he can come and shout war songs on my back!

LET HIM REAP WHAT HE HAD SOWED! PERIOD.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 2:24pm On Nov 01, 2007
While opokonwa and adrian were fighting, opokonwa would throw a few missiles at you, Adrianic would step in to defend you. . . . . . and it continued in that pattern Adrianic was even named defense minister. . . . . . , , . . . . . . . we all waited to see "israels" reply to such destruction. . . . . . . . . . . . what was your response . . . . . . (and on my sit I said shit, this guy is mature though opokonwa saw it as cowardice but it really didnt matter; it was his personal opinion)
frm Thought

I have a particular interest in this post.

@Thought

First I would like you to prove to me and this whole thread, when, during my altercation with Drianny, I ever alluded 'cowardice' to Kuwena.

Can you copy and paste it for everyone to see?! 'CAUSE THAT WAS A LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL! angry

If you can prove this, I would probably retire from this thread for life! shocked

But you see, you throw every stone at me without caution even to the point of 'Blackmail'?!

I thought your problem was restricted to beefing and cowardice

I now know you also lack 'integrity' sad.

For you to wax such a post without proof means that you can say anything in public without recourse to your words. sad
Hsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And about throwing a few missiles at Kuwena, at the time, I remember that the only comment I made to Kuwena before he stepped in for peace was wondering aloud that he had to attempt an unsuccessful 'dry-fasting' for NLNG. BEYOND THAT, WHERE WAS THE MISSILE?

And if that is a missile to you and in your village then I wonder where you come from?

Kindly 'read intelligently' before you make mud-slinging comments.

Don't be in a rush to discredit me and unknowingly turning the knife to yourself. grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 3:00pm On Nov 01, 2007
I know you have talked to opokonwa to come back; but i can assure you he would never come back.
frm Thought

And you even went as far as predicting & dictating whether I would come back or not.

Bros, Do you think I'm Dumb?! angry

You put your moth loud and hard on my person and they say they want peace?

I will give them 'Peace' BUT AFTER YOU FACE YOUR DEMONS! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 3:07pm On Nov 01, 2007
He actually had planned it right from the start(leave when the ovation is loudest and become a martyr, then sit back and watch people beg him to come back).
from Thought

@Thought

You think the ovation was loudest then?! THEN STAY TUNED TO YOUR COMPUTER AND WATCH!

You aint seen 'ovation' yet! shocked shocked shocked

And if this thread is your idea of 'matyrdom', THEN YOUR CAUSES ARE CHEAP! sad
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 4:34pm On Nov 01, 2007
opokonwa:

@pgm

I would have appreciated your advice had you not eaten your words as fast as you spewed them out when Mr Thought hurled insults at me unprovoked and unwarranted.

When Okoroboy 'hit' at Uche, inspite of the fact that I had earlier bitterly criticized Uche for his comments, I flatly admonished Okoroboy for his posts and remained at it. I didn't change mouth immediately like you did.

And even today, I still retain Okoroboy's respect.

This is not the time for Peace This is the time for Justice.

PLEASE SPARE ME YOUR PEACE.
@opoks

When i scrolled thru the thread this morning and saw ur name, i was thrilled that opoks was back cheesy, then when i read the venom in ur posts i was unthrilled sad. Yes, i ate my

words earlier directed at thought, as u say, but it was specifically the part of alluding to his being an impostor. u have only to go back and reread the post to see this. My

criticism of his post then was not so much the content which u call insults as it was the timing. I was particular about the timing because

the prevailing temperature then in the forum could scarcely withstand further heat hence my admonition to first work at peace, at fixing the house before

we could begin to apportion blames. It's still consistent with my stand on ur post- PEACE. Personally i get entertained, sometimes enlightened, when

peeps trade words here. Only i dont like to see irreparable damage caused.

When u were firing on all cylinders at kuwena i didn't really feel obliged to intervene. I can't remember being given such a mandate tongue Not when i still felt

it was within bounds. My main concern is to keep it within controllable limits. i don't usually take it upon myself to reply every post and supposed "insults"

on this thread. Sticking to zero tolerance for disputes would probably take the shine and fun off the thread. I mostly am obliged to intervene whenever i fear it's getting out of hand and could threaten the stability of the forum. that was the case

during the war between Adrian and okoroboy. That was also the case when thought posted at u and that is still the case now u r doing same at thought. Or so I think! wink

So u see the objective here is peace, albeit with fun!

U call my style cowardice. That word, from u, has become hackneyed. It's become some kind of irritating cliche only to be taken down with sacks of salt.

Even later, if i reread this very post and find any thing close to an insult against u, i will consider it brave to withdraw it and in fact apologise to u. And u

call that cowardice, funny!!! ; smiley wink :DD

All thesame pls soft pedal at least for now, but then it's a free world!!!

PEACE!!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 5:27pm On Nov 01, 2007
@pgm

When I flipped this post below:

opokonwa:

I was not referring to you as 'a coward'. I was only referring to Mr. Thought and the manner in which he disturbed my 'peace' at retirement.

He would have done it to my face not behind my back 29 pages was enough room for any negative comment.

So, on that part, you probably misunderstood me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.