Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,793 members, 7,862,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:15 PM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (211828 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by biolabee(m): 8:05am On Dec 12, 2007
good morning all
hope the night was cool with the hold ups everywhere across the metropolis
please point of correction i mean the bonny bound guys in the engineering division who were called for a briefing on monday 3rd
guess bonny wld be interesting with all the pple coiming there

on kuwena our pryers are invaluable let us not 4get him
nice day everybody
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 8:13am On Dec 12, 2007
runsaway:

@opoks
make i confess, i want to come to your xmas party so that i can meet and marry paddy and someday be part of mike's will - my latest get rich scheme. Advice me accordingly

Well .  .  .

I would love to help you .  .  .

If not for any other thing, I would get closer to Paddy who won't like to know the son of one of the richest men in Nigeria?

I had only met him twice and he was very pleasant.

Besides, I know that if you end up striking a liking with him and your plan works, I would be earning royalty from the 'union' for my efforts! grin

'Cause I would make you sign an Agreement in Principle before the link-up. wink

My own latest 'Get Rich Scheme' grin

Unfortunately, Paddy hardly attends Globacom parties.

Why attend parties with mere 'mortals' when you have a particular 'class' you are being groomed to belong to and associate with

It takes an incredibly humble and carefree person to do so.

So sorry o! Your plan is in the realm of conjectures babie! grin

runsaway:

I am going to my room to dance, I don't know y but I feel like dancing, something tells me its the herald of good news

good 9t everyone

Kindly let me in the know when the music stops.

I love dancing too. cheesy

Beyond that, I love celebrating Good news and making bad news seem light grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 8:27am On Dec 12, 2007
And @all

I wanted to add.

Beyond prayers, Kuwena needs a touch of love!

And I mean both spiritual and physical.

Since the spiritual can be achieved through sincere and consistent prayers for him . . .

I believe the physical can be administered by reaching out to him, any way that anyone can.

Since he does not have a current phone number pathetic , you can send him an email by checking his profile that is if you care sad

Kuwena needs all the love he can get because either he doesn't have or feel any more pathetic cry

Or he does not realise he does.

The only thing my brother has, although unknown to him, is the love of God.

But I also feel that he needs our own love, if it can be genuine.

Believe me, nobody here understands what he is going through.

I do to some extent, having met him and engaging him for over 3 hours and I don't wish that for anybody here.

Like I said earlier, it's deeper than NLNG.

But NLNG's frustrations brought out the deep from the surface.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tombri: 9:10am On Dec 12, 2007
@ Opoks Reloaded!!!

Bro, no be small thing oooh!

In fact, i can't even tell what happened those few minutes only that i felt the pulse of pushing this thread.

Thank God one is back.

@ Biolabee

Thanks for the clarification. hope you are doing great.

Have you dropped your letter and what date did you give?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 10:03am On Dec 12, 2007
Good morning people,

i tried posting here some days back only to have a message barring me from doing so. At first i thought i was the only one affected. It made me furious angry. In fact i was mad angry angry. it was the kind of madness only a blind man at a strip tease understands grin grin. But hey! it's got to be a general thing 'because up till then no post of mine could even remotely warrant a ban from Seun. then i realised from the home page that indeed it was. All of this was a split-second event.

Thank God we r back. Only i had a lot to post. So much! shocked shocked perhaps enough to fill 10 pages. Now i have forgotten all of them!! angry  cheesy

And congrats to all my peeps who have received their letters!

IT'S WELL WITH US ALL
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 11:07am On Dec 12, 2007
@tombri,
you're definitely doing fine! Keep it up!

It's a free world! tongue

It's a crazy world!!!!!!!!!! tongue tongue

Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smiley wink cheesy

One love!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tombri: 12:12pm On Dec 12, 2007
@ PGM

You are welcome back Bro.

Yeah it's a crazy ,

We all got it even for the slightest of secs.

Hope you are doing great??
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 2:13pm On Dec 12, 2007
tombri:

@ PGM

You are welcome back Bro.

Yeah it's a crazy ,

We all got it even for the slightest of secs.

Hope you are doing great??

that all-too-familiar question am doing great my brother. very great

am sure the same holds w'u
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 3:38pm On Dec 12, 2007
opokonwa link=topic=48041.msg1761735#msg1761735 :

Well, a re-union is always a welcome idea.

The constraint is usually the time and appropriate logistics to suit each person.

We all know we residents of Lagos are constrained by time; movement from one part of the town to another is not easy, almost everyone is busy all week round, the little time you have to yourself, you are also busy chasing many non-office deadlines.

Re-union is a welcome idea but I suggest the two, three, four or less sporadic re-unions that may depend on whom and whom is available at any particular time; Because Opoks! won't always be available.

But as much as we can, let us make meeting one another and fostering relationships a priority.

Well Said

Your rare combination of wits and intelligence just shows that NLNG has missed a gem
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 3:44pm On Dec 12, 2007
@Tombri, Wetin you chop this morning shocked

instead of saying 'Keep it up' for those 'dumb empty spaces'

i'll rather say raise up your two hands and close your eyes - primary school style. angry

Do I need a nail and hammer to ram it into your head that pages on the thread
increases based on post and not spaces. undecided
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 3:52pm On Dec 12, 2007
Have I sounded too harsh on the 'current chairman of the thread'?

Abeg no vex, its just that sometimes when me fingers get itchy not even ma brain
can stop it
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 4:12pm On Dec 12, 2007
pak:

Well Said

Your rare combination of wits and intelligence just shows that NLNG has missed a gem

Thanks Pak smiley

I am just a Mr. Normal Guy who says his mind.

NLNG will definitely miss many of us, not just me.
It was a lack of capacity to accomodate all the 'talents' they assembled and a policy of a 'quota system' that made them drop many otherwise qualified peeps.

And not that any of us is not qualified to work there. Those wey dey there, dem get two heads?

All the same, we shall not all work in NLNG, and even if, not all of us will join at entry levels.

@all

Opportunities dey! Only keep making yourselves available!

And keep a positive mind. wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tombri: 5:29pm On Dec 12, 2007
@ Pak

No crucify me abeg. it was just a period of

@ Opoks

You surely will be missed at NLNG. You do have a brave heart and the zeal to overcome.

You won't just excel but achieve your set objectives. All you need do and I believe you are doing, is put God first and all other MUST fall into place.

I don't think you need this advice 'cos you have a moral mind. Just that I had to drop the line as moved by the Spirit.

Cheers folks.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by biolabee(m): 5:56pm On Dec 12, 2007
@tombri
i chose 15th,
remember friday the engr guys wld get id cards and resumpption of duties forms whoch technically means payroll and pensions start from that date
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 12, 2007
biolabee:

@tombri
i chose 15th,
remember friday the engr guys would get id cards and resumpption of duties forms whoch technically means payroll and pensions start from that date

@biolabee

Back up a min, what does that mean?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by angelamy: 6:40pm On Dec 12, 2007
biolabee, no b only engineers dey go bonny- i m a microbiologist and rachel is an industrial chemist so we go still get for bonny! u dey hear?

@all
i dey feel una, tombri, u don allow pgm and opoks craze to infect u- shine ur eyes o!!!!!!!!!!!

my man adrianic, try dey holla mi once in a while na, abi u no wan dat Barca jersey again? i go vex, buy u enyimba jersey o!!! cool cool

BROTHAZ AND SISTAZ THAT ARE YET TO RESIGN; I RESIGNED SINCE LAST WEEK FRIDAY (FROM THE ZENITH), OOPS!!! ABEG MAKE UNA TRY RESIGN SO DAT U DONT LEAVE THE OFFICE IN BAD TASTE
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 6:47pm On Dec 12, 2007
sorry peeps, dat last post from angel lamy was from kenosky, i been dey cafe so i no remember say i suppose log whoever the last user was out so dat i could log in and post with my name (i think say i dey my lap top na!!!), all d same, make una dey flex dey go, like adrianic talk "even if we no get for bonny, we go get at the top there!!!!)
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 12, 2007
@ All

I just heard payday is Friday, so I might just drop my letter on Friday after gettin my credit alert.

Does anyone know where Finance will be cos that's where I'm headed

cheers
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tombri: 7:04am On Dec 13, 2007
@ All

Good morning good people.

It's another beautiful morning. Have you said thank you to Olisa

@ Kenosky

O boi no be small thing oooh.

When i did the empty spaces, I was in another state of existence.

Anyhow shaa, na one of those things.

Wheather you leave office in bad taste or good, your present employer will surely not be happy you are leaving.

For me, one just should be tactful in handling it.

I want collect my pay first before dropping letter. If i fit, I for still collect January own 'ask me wheather na by power abi na witch'

No be small thing ooooh!!!

Make una take am easy shaa and be good boyz and gals.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 7:05am On Dec 13, 2007
opokonwa:

It was a lack of capacity to accomodate all the 'talents' they assembled and a policy of a 'quota system' that made them drop many otherwise qualified peeps.

The third factor was a function of the course one studied in school. very essential
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 7:07am On Dec 13, 2007
tombri:

@ Opoks

You surely will be missed at NLNG. You do have a brave heart and the zeal to overcome.

You won't just excel but achieve your set objectives. All you need do and I believe you are doing, is put God first and all other MUST fall into place.

I don't think you need this advice 'because you have a moral mind. Just that I had to drop the line as moved by the Spirit.

Cheers folks.

Even tombri can be moved by the spirit grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by biolabee(m): 7:54am On Dec 13, 2007
i am aware that it is not only engrs that will be in bonny but we are resuming slightly ahead of the others as a result of the plant induction.
thanks for the clarification

@aho
what i mean is that the engrs going to bonny are staff from that day though they may be paid at the end of janaury like everyopne else
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 8:08am On Dec 13, 2007
@all

I don't need to draw anyone back but to say a few more truths before my NLNG-bound 'friends' find themselves at Bonny, Lagos or elsewhere.

And also to encourage my peeps who did not make the 'pick'.

It came to my knowledge that some states had only one slot in NLNG's quota system.

Not just that, the one slot was already reserved for a particular unit, say the Production unit. sad

One of such states is Anambra where I come from. Anambra state happened to get only one slot in NLNG's quota system. And that slot had already been pre-destined for the production unit.

After all, una no get oil wink

That means that no matter how hard Opoks! tried with his Marketing background, he was already pre-destined to be dropped from the NLNG picks, when the chips were down. embarassed

What would Opoks! do in such a situation?

Go back to school to study Engineering or any other science course?

Lie! Lie!! They never born that kain situation angry

I guess the same thing happened to Enugu state, Imo state and all other non-oil producing eastern states.

Kenosky was proudly informed informed by an NLNG staff that he was the only 'pick' from Enugu state; wetin go be go be!

That means that Enugu state had only one slot in NLNG's over 90 picks Poor state of the Nigerian quota system sad

No! Opoks! would rather dust his hands and feet dusting them . . . and say; "thank you NLNG for raising my hopes and dashing them!"

"But you didn't dash Opoks!" "You only created more chances for him both in NLNG to try as an experienced hand in a particular field and in other equally good or even better lucrative opportunities"

I only feel for peeps who have either lost their self-esteem because they were dropped from the 'pick' or peeps who feel  somewhat 'less adequate' as a result.

'Inferiority complex' has no place in Opoks! personality. cool

I rather feel that my job on this thread, off it and in this whole process was to talk some common sense into some peeps mind, become the voice of reason for many and become the broad shoulder for many to lean on.

This is because ironically, 'common sense' is not even common. sad

And I did it well!

I only hope and foresee shocked shocked shocked that the Almighty God will reward me for my selfless 'common sense'.

After all, na HIM give am to me to disemminate. grin

And I did it well! cool

I have already started throwing my CVs to more lucrative places all as an experienced hand.

I hope to land a game very soon. grin

And I want every peep to learn to move on! The sky is only a launching pad if you believe. wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by wandel(m): 11:04am On Dec 13, 2007
@ everyone,

Anybody seen anyone going to commercial division yet.

How's the day going?

Doing a client job in port harcourt but i just had to check the thread out.

You guys always blow my mind.

Great day
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 12:17pm On Dec 13, 2007
kenosky, abi na( angelamy),abeg no vex for your guy.na jab cause am.i am a bit more thoroughly engaged.but anyway,i must hail before this week runs out.men congrats on your resignation from zenith.much as there are a million and one people who would give anything to even get the zenith job,i still realise dt u'd have greater fulfilment in nlng and be able to close from work on time and still enjoy the "pepper".so bro,congrats once again.we must hook up before u move
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 12:19pm On Dec 13, 2007
tombri and ahonohai,nice move.get the cash first b4 leaving.u have earned it.abi na orphanage?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 13, 2007
adrianic:

tombri and ahonohai,nice move.get the cash first before leaving.u have earned it.abi na orphanage?

, true talk my man

The future is brighter
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tombri: 12:38pm On Dec 13, 2007
@ Opoks

Just when i think you want to slow down, you emerge once again with a powerful note.

De Opoks Reloaded Part XXXXXX

Yes nau, I was moved by the Spirit. Who talk say, Spirit sabi only few pesin.

I see a lot of reason in what you said. Really some states must have had just 1 slot for a particular unit.

In all, God has plan for each and everyone of us. The sky is really a launching pad for those that believe it.

@ Adrianic

Bro, no be small thing ooooh!

I need the cash before dropping letter. Make man wey work collate im reward abi, e dey for Holy Book.

Hope the day has been rewarding?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 12:45pm On Dec 13, 2007
opoks,your last post was really expository.

i am sure quite a number of peeps never knew and probably would never had known but for your explanation.

its a pity things had to happen the way they did but dt does not mean one should dwell in sorry eternally.

i am so proud of you for having dusted off the disappointment and moved on with your life with more vigour.

i hope our fellow peeps would emulate your spirit.

i derive great joy from the fact that i know i gave it my best shot and dt if i am called to go through the whole process again ,i'd change nothing i did originally.

with the stories from some of d present successfuls,hope springs eternal in my soul(and i hope in the souls of those who did not make it now) that the future can only bring greater joys.

i must even say i pity nlng because much as one may be upset with them for not taking him,we must agree that they must have been in a dilemma themselves.

imagine having to pick 89 or 90 persons from a pack of 464 elite graduates all with great potentials.

i heard nlng has a nigerian managing Director now.when i see him(or if i see him) ,i'd tell the guy "i know nlng did its best"

the battle has been won and lost(and for some temporarily though) but lets move on stoically,with our heads raised high and with renewed hope in the presence of our redeemer whose birth we commemorate in the next few days,knowing that in the end we shall all be fine.

now lest i forget,let me invite my peeps(especially those in Abuja) for my Christmas Carols holding at Holy Rosary Catholic Church, Wuse Zone 2,Abuja on Saturday,the 15th day of December at exactly 6.00p.m.

i am that very fair guy,like a half caste(who dash monkey banana) who sings Bass standing at the back row.i wouldnt mind a surprise attendance.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by euphoria: 12:51pm On Dec 13, 2007
biolabee:

i am aware that it is not only engrs that will be in bonny but we are resuming slightly ahead of the others as a result of the plant induction.
thanks for the clarification

@aho
what i mean is that the engrs going to bonny are staff from that day though they may be paid at the end of janaury like everyopne else

@Biolabee

Point of correction, as stated earlier by Kenosky, non-engineers that are Bonny-bound are scheduled for the plant induction as well, so you are not resuming slightly ahead of "others" grin, the plant induction is scheduled for guyz that have been posted to Production unit which comprises of Engineering, Technology and so on
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 1:26pm On Dec 13, 2007
@ euphoria

euphoria:

@Biolabee

Point of correction, as stated earlier by Kenosky, non-engineers that are Bonny-bound are scheduled for the plant induction as well, so you are not resuming slightly ahead of "others" grin, the plant induction is scheduled for guys that have been posted to Production unit which comprises of Engineering, Technology and so on

Bonny-bound folks that are not in Production Unit are not scheduled to attend the plant induction.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 1:44pm On Dec 13, 2007
that was what i was told when i went to submit my acceptance form,

Or, was i mis-informed?

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.