Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Qu’ran Story : The Story Of Prophet Adam – Part I - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Qu’ran Story : The Story Of Prophet Adam – Part I (486 Views)

The Story Of Joseph And His Coat Of Many Colors / T. B Joshua At 55: The Story Behind His Glory Revealed / If Adam And Eve Where Whites According To Some Books And Bibles,why Are We Black (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Qu’ran Story : The Story Of Prophet Adam – Part I by Lovestories1: 6:07pm On Oct 23, 2018
Allah Almighty revealed in the Quran (what means): “And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels: ‘Indeed, I will make upon the earth a successive authority.’ They said: ‘Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?’ He [Allah] said: ‘Indeed, I know that which you do not know.’ And He taught Aadam the names – all of them.

Then He showed them to the angels and said: ‘Inform Me of the names of these, if you are truthful.’ They said: ‘Exalted are You; we have no knowledge except what You have taught us. Indeed, it is You who is the Knowing, the Wise.’ He said: ‘O Aadam! Inform them of their names.’ And when he had informed them of their names, He said: ‘Did I not tell you that I know the unseen [aspects] of the heavens and the earth? And I know what you reveal and what you have concealed.’ And [mention] when We said to the angels: ‘Prostrate before Aadam’; so they prostrated, except for Iblees [Satan]. He refused and was arrogant and became of the disbelievers. And We said: ‘O Aadam! Dwell, you and your wife, in Paradise and eat therefrom in [ease and] abundance from wherever you will. But do not approach this tree, lest you be among the wrongdoers.’

But Satan caused them to slip out of it and removed them from that [condition] in which they had been. And We said: ‘Go down, [all of you], as enemies to one another, and you will have upon the earth a place of settlement and provision for a time.’ Then Aadam received from his Lord [some] words, and He accepted his repentance. Indeed, it is He who is the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful. We said: ‘Go down from it, all of you. And when guidance comes to you from Me, whoever follows My guidance – there will be no fear concerning them, nor will they grieve. And those who disbelieve and deny Our signs – those will be companions of Fire; they will abide therein eternally.'” [Quran 2:30-39]

Almighty Allah also revealed (what means): “And We have certainly created you, [O mankind], and given you [human] form. Then We said to the angels: ‘Prostrate to Aadam’; so they prostrated, except for Iblees. He was not of those who prostrated. [Allah] said: ‘What prevented you from prostrating when I commanded you?’ [Satan] said: ‘I am better than him. You created me from fire and created him from clay [i.e. earth].’ [Allah] said: ‘Descend from it [i.e. Paradise], for it is not for you to be arrogant therein. So get out; indeed, you are of the debased.’ [Satan] said: ‘Reprieve me until the Day they are resurrected.’ [Allah] said: ‘Indeed, you are of those reprieved.’ [Satan] said: ‘Because You have put me in error, I will surely sit in wait for them [i.e. mankind] on Your straight path.

Then I will come to them from before them and from behind them and on their right and on their left, and You will not find most of them grateful [to You].’ [Allah] said: ‘Get out of it [i.e. Paradise], reproached and expelled, Whoever follows you among them – I will surely fill Hell with you, all together.’ And: ‘O Aadam! Dwell, you and your wife, in Paradise and eat from wherever you will but do not approach this tree, lest you be among the wrongdoers.’ But Satan whispered to them to make apparent to them that which was concealed from them of their private parts. He said: ‘Your Lord did not forbid you this tree except that you become angels or become of the immortal.’ And he swore [by Allah] to them: ‘Indeed, I am to you from among the sincere advisors.’ So he made them fall, through deception. And when they tasted of the tree, their private parts became apparent to them, and they began to fasten together over themselves from the leaves of Paradise. And their Lord called to them: ‘Did I not forbid you from that tree and tell you that Satan is to you a clear enemy?’ They said: ‘Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves, and if You do not forgive us and have mercy upon us, we will surely be among the losers.’ [Allah] said: ‘Descend, being to one another enemies. And for you on the earth is a place of settlement and enjoyment [i.e. provision] for a time.’ He said: ‘Therein you will live, and therein you will die, and from it you will be brought forth.’” [Quran 7:11-25]

When Allah the Almighty created Aadam, may Allah exalt his mention, He addressed His angels and told them to prostrate before him. The purpose behind that was not to ask their opinion or take their advice, for He is above that. Allah the Exalted told them that He was going to create a vicegerent on the earth who would have offspring. That is why the angels said to Allah the Almighty (what means): “…Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood…” [Quran: 2:30]

According to the prominent Muslim scholar Qataadah it was said that the angels were informed about the creation of Aadam, may Allah exalt his mention, and his progeny by the jinn who lived before Aadam, may Allah exalt his mention. Abdullaah bin ‘Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, said that the jinn had existed for many years before Aadam, may Allah exalt his mention, and had shed one another’s blood. Therefore, Allah sent on them an army of angels that drove them out to the depths of the seas. Ibn Abu Haatim, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that the angels were informed by Allah that man would cause wickedness and shed blood on earth.

Whether or not these traditions are correct, the angels did understand that Allah would create a vicegerent on earth. Allah the Almighty announced that He was going to create a human being out of clay, that He would mould him and blow His spirit into him and that the angels should then prostrate before him.

Read the story to the end from part l - lll here - http://myreligion.com.ng/?p=399
Re: Qu’ran Story : The Story Of Prophet Adam – Part I by Anas09: 7:00pm On Oct 23, 2018
A prophet is a mouth piece through which God foretells what will happen in future. So, pls post the prophecies of Prophet Adam and when they were fulfilled in history.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Qu’ran Story : The Story Of Prophet Adam – Part I by vaxx: 7:10pm On Oct 23, 2018
Anas09:
A prophet is a mouth piece through which God foretells what will happen in future. So, pls post the prophecies of Prophet Adam and when they were fulfilled in history.
By general definition, prophet has nothing to do with prophecy in the traditional sense.

In religion, a prophet is an individual who is claimed to have been contacted by the supernatural or the divine, and to speak for them, serving as an intermediary with humanity, delivering this newfound knowledge from the supernatural entity to other people.

The message that the prophet conveys is called a prophecy. In this sense adam will be a prophet.
Re: Qu’ran Story : The Story Of Prophet Adam – Part I by Anas09: 9:44pm On Oct 23, 2018
vaxx:

By general definition, prophet has nothing to do with prophecy in the traditional sense.

In religion, a prophet is an individual who is claimed to have been contacted by the supernatural or the divine, and to speak for them, serving as an intermediary with humanity, delivering this newfound knowledge from the supernatural entity to other people.

The message that the prophet conveys is called a prophecy. In this sense adam will be a prophet.
Okay. So what prophecies did Adam prophesy?
Re: Qu’ran Story : The Story Of Prophet Adam – Part I by Anas09: 10:04pm On Oct 23, 2018
Lovestories1:
Allah Almighty revealed in the Quran (what means): “And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels: ‘Indeed, I will make upon the earth a successive authority.’ They said: ‘Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?’ He [Allah] said: ‘Indeed, I know that which you do not know.’ And He taught Aadam the names – all of them.

Then He showed them to the angels and said: ‘Inform Me of the names of these, if you are truthful.’ They said: ‘Exalted are You; we have no knowledge except what You have taught us. Indeed, it is You who is the Knowing, the Wise.’ He said: ‘O Aadam! Inform them of their names.’ And when he had informed them of their names, He said: ‘Did I not tell you that I know the unseen [aspects] of the heavens and the earth? And I know what you reveal and what you have concealed.’ And [mention] when We said to the angels: ‘Prostrate before Aadam’; so they prostrated, except for Iblees [Satan]. He refused and was arrogant and became of the disbelievers. And We said: ‘O Aadam! Dwell, you and your wife, in Paradise and eat therefrom in [ease and] abundance from wherever you will. But do not approach this tree, lest you be among the wrongdoers.’

But Satan caused them to slip out of it and removed them from that [condition] in which they had been. And We said: ‘Go down, [all of you], as enemies to one another, and you will have upon the earth a place of settlement and provision for a time.’ Then Aadam received from his Lord [some] words, and He accepted his repentance. Indeed, it is He who is the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful. We said: ‘Go down from it, all of you. And when guidance comes to you from Me, whoever follows My guidance – there will be no fear concerning them, nor will they grieve. And those who disbelieve and deny Our signs – those will be companions of Fire; they will abide therein eternally.'” [Quran 2:30-39]

Almighty Allah also revealed (what means): “And We have certainly created you, [O mankind], and given you [human] form. Then We said to the angels: ‘Prostrate to Aadam’; so they prostrated, except for Iblees. He was not of those who prostrated. [Allah] said: ‘What prevented you from prostrating when I commanded you?’ [Satan] said: ‘I am better than him. You created me from fire and created him from clay [i.e. earth].’ [Allah] said: ‘Descend from it [i.e. Paradise], for it is not for you to be arrogant therein. So get out; indeed, you are of the debased.’ [Satan] said: ‘Reprieve me until the Day they are resurrected.’ [Allah] said: ‘Indeed, you are of those reprieved.’ [Satan] said: ‘Because You have put me in error, I will surely sit in wait for them [i.e. mankind] on Your straight path.

Then I will come to them from before them and from behind them and on their right and on their left, and You will not find most of them grateful [to You].’ [Allah] said: ‘Get out of it [i.e. Paradise], reproached and expelled, Whoever follows you among them – I will surely fill Hell with you, all together.’ And: ‘O Aadam! Dwell, you and your wife, in Paradise and eat from wherever you will but do not approach this tree, lest you be among the wrongdoers.’ But Satan whispered to them to make apparent to them that which was concealed from them of their private parts. He said: ‘Your Lord did not forbid you this tree except that you become angels or become of the immortal.’ And he swore [by Allah] to them: ‘Indeed, I am to you from among the sincere advisors.’ So he made them fall, through deception. And when they tasted of the tree, their private parts became apparent to them, and they began to fasten together over themselves from the leaves of Paradise. And their Lord called to them: ‘Did I not forbid you from that tree and tell you that Satan is to you a clear enemy?’ They said: ‘Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves, and if You do not forgive us and have mercy upon us, we will surely be among the losers.’ [Allah] said: ‘Descend, being to one another enemies. And for you on the earth is a place of settlement and enjoyment [i.e. provision] for a time.’ He said: ‘Therein you will live, and therein you will die, and from it you will be brought forth.’” [Quran 7:11-25]

When Allah the Almighty created Aadam, may Allah exalt his mention, He addressed His angels and told them to prostrate before him. The purpose behind that was not to ask their opinion or take their advice, for He is above that. Allah the Exalted told them that He was going to create a vicegerent on the earth who would have offspring. That is why the angels said to Allah the Almighty (what means): “…Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood…” [Quran: 2:30]

According to the prominent Muslim scholar Qataadah it was said that the angels were informed about the creation of Aadam, may Allah exalt his mention, and his progeny by the jinn who lived before Aadam, may Allah exalt his mention. Abdullaah bin ‘Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, said that the jinn had existed for many years before Aadam, may Allah exalt his mention, and had shed one another’s blood. Therefore, Allah sent on them an army of angels that drove them out to the depths of the seas. Ibn Abu Haatim, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that the angels were informed by Allah that man would cause wickedness and shed blood on earth.

Whether or not these traditions are correct, the angels did understand that Allah would create a vicegerent on earth. Allah the Almighty announced that He was going to create a human being out of clay, that He would mould him and blow His spirit into him and that the angels should then prostrate before him.

Read the story to the end from part l - lll here - http://myreligion.com.ng/?p=399
If you intend to plagiarize someone, at least do a good job of it. This is so incoherent, like a job done by a Child.

1 Like

Re: Qu’ran Story : The Story Of Prophet Adam – Part I by vaxx: 10:55pm On Oct 23, 2018
Anas09:

Okay. So what prophecies did Adam prophesy?

In Islam, a prophet is not someone who makes a prophecy. But a person who has direct contact with God and teaches people about God, hereafter, His Deen and God's commands.

It is for performing these functions for his offsprings that he is considered a prophet of Islam.

And this agree with the general definition.

Anayway both quran and bible are not sincere with this ......... The idea was even stolen from kemet
Re: Qu’ran Story : The Story Of Prophet Adam – Part I by Anas09: 7:47am On Oct 28, 2018
vaxx:

In Islam, a prophet is not someone who makes a prophecy. But a person who has direct contact with God and teaches people about God, hereafter, His Deen and God's commands.

It is for performing these functions for his offsprings that he is considered a prophet of Islam.

And this agree with the general definition.

Anayway both quran and bible are not sincere with this ......... The idea was even stolen from kemet
Oh Vaxx. To talk about a prophet without his prophesies is like talking about a fruit without its kernel.

A Prophet is a middleman who mediate between the divine and men by hearing and delivering what he hears to men.

And, Prophets cannot be separated from Prophesies sir. How we know that a man is called into the office of a prophet is that what he says comes to pass.

Pls keep Kemet or whatever you call it out for now. Lets confine ourselves to the Op.

If Mohammad's Prophethood is just a name and not a calling, how then can you reconcile your claims that he is the last prophet amongst the Jewish prophets, seeing that the Jewish prophets prophesied events which happened long after they long dead, and some are yet to even happen?

One of such prophesies just got fulfilled in Jerusalem as Israel became a Nation again and Jerusalem the Capital of Israel.

My Point is, why is Muhammad different from these other prophets?

And, it's not even about Muhammad, it's about Adam. Pls do tell how Adam was a prophet since you admit to an extend a prophet hears and teaches what God says. What did Adam teach Humans?

And which Offsprings are you talking about?

2 Likes

Re: Qu’ran Story : The Story Of Prophet Adam – Part I by vaxx: 10:58am On Oct 28, 2018
Anas09:

Oh Vaxx. To talk about a prophet without his prophesies is like talking about a fruit without its kernel.

A Prophet is a middleman who mediate between the divine and men by hearing and delivering what he hears to men.

And, Prophets cannot be separated from Prophesies sir. How we know that a man is called into the office of a prophet is that what he says comes to pass.

Pls keep Kemet or whatever you call it out for now. Lets confine ourselves to the Op.

If Mohammad's Prophethood is just a name and not a calling, how then can you reconcile your claims that he is the last prophet amongst the Jewish prophets, seeing that the Jewish prophets prophesied events which happened long after they long dead, and some are yet to even happen?

One of such prophesies just got fulfilled in Jerusalem as Israel became a Nation again and Jerusalem the Capital of Israel.

My Point is, why is Muhammad different from these other prophets?

And, it's not even about Muhammad, it's about Adam. Pls do tell how Adam was a prophet since you admit to an extend a prophet hears and teaches what God says. What did Adam teach Humans?

And which Offsprings are you talking about?
i think my last paragraph is enough to tell you about my position on this subject.....

But anyway, There is no use of comparing religious texts and getting in a pissing contest. The Hindu Vedas are 10000 years old, and with out a known source! Why not throw them into the ring? All sacred texts and especially their interpretations have fallacies! Because of this human external element why no seek within? No book needed, no mufti or priest! Mohamed went to a cave and looked within. Moses went to the mountain and “talked to a burning bush” smiley (but that is likely metaphorical), Jesus went to the desert and looked within. You do see my point? Seeking God should be experience based not congregational.

I have given quranic meaning of what oe who us a prophet. And your biblical definition cannot oviride it.

I think the kemet is even more important, it is the beginning of where you get the peooer understanding

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Qu’ran Story : The Story Of Prophet Adam – Part I by LordReed(m): 11:23am On Oct 28, 2018
Another dundee story from another fairytale story book. A god that cannot adequately address the problems with his creations, is that a god? So Satan tells him he is going to tempt men and god just looks on? What a stupid story.
Re: Qu’ran Story : The Story Of Prophet Adam – Part I by Anas09: 2:32pm On Oct 28, 2018
vaxx:
i think my last paragraph is enough to tell you about my position on this subject.....

But anyway, There is no use of comparing religious texts and getting in a pissing contest. The Hindu Vedas are 10000 years old, and with out a known source! Why not throw them into the ring? All sacred texts and especially their interpretations have fallacies! Because of this human external element why no seek within? No book needed, no mufti or priest! Mohamed went to a cave and looked within. Moses went to the mountain and “talked to a burning bush” smiley (but that is likely metaphorical), Jesus went to the desert and looked within. You do see my point? Seeking God should be experience based not congregational.

I have given quranic meaning of what oe who us a prophet. And your biblical definition cannot oviride it.

I think the kemet is even more important, it is the beginning of where you get the peooer understanding
If you don't believe in these books, you shouldn't talk about them won't you agree. You want to derail you the thread by this.

Pls allow the muslims tell me the message Adam has for men.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Science Professor Nanotechnologist, Converts To Christianity After Encounter / 2019 Prophecy From My Daddy In The Lord Prophet Dominion Nwachukwu / If An Unbeliever Convert His Fellow Unbeliever To Christ Will God Accept It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.