Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother (45121 Views)

The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 / Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? / Lady Negotiates The Number Of Children She Wants With Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 24, 2018
trapQ:
What planet are you on? How is China the most powerful nation in the world when you have USA and Russia?
I hope you realize that the Economist magazine does not spread rumors, like Nigeria's APC grin grin

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 24, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

From the 1970s China had a "one child" policy which India later adopted though not as hard as China.
The policy was relaxed in 2016 or so.
China's very strong communist government realised quickly that if it must gain a reckoning in the international community, going by that fact that it had no solid minerals or Oil deposits (just a large population and its ability to grow its hydro electricity), then it must find ways to curb population growth - which helped it grow its cheap labour base for the industrialised West.

I repeat: China's 1.4 billion population did not produce misery and poverty, as the World Bank and IMF continue to deceive people about grin grin

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 24, 2018
Ugosample:

do you even know what you are saying? ?

China's population has been over a billion for a long time
The same for India
that means that there population did not double over the last 40 years

Nigeria'a population has tripled since the 1960s, and that is the big problem

it's not the number, it's the growth RATE undecided

Nigeria's population was estimated to be 140m in the last census

And it is projected to be 240-250m in 2025 undecided

That is almost double in less than 20 years

And you think there is nothing wrong with it
Tell the FG to stop mismanaging Nigeria's money.
The mumu-ism of FG has assumed astronomical proportions.
Human beings are resources to be tapped properly.

1 Like

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by HisSexcellency(m): 11:46am On Oct 24, 2018
quid:

But a population of 1.4 billion is not making China poor and miserable, as you would have us believe grin grin
They know the consequences of over population that's why they are strictly enforcing birth control

1 Like

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 24, 2018
HisSexcellency:

They know the consequences of over population that's why they are strictly enforcing birth control
yeah but 1.4 billion population grin
The great USA is only about 330 million people.
China population is 4 times that of USA population.
Why do you think Trump trembles whenever he remembers China ? grin grin

Abeg population is power.
World Bank and IMF can go jump off a bridge with their lies.
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by oomar(m): 11:54am On Oct 24, 2018
hum! justice is the key only. look at chine,india,and indonesia how they develop because of justice!
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 24, 2018
oomar:
hum! justice is the key only. look at chine,india,and indonesia how they develop because of justice!
Simple matter.
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Folksyharry(m): 12:20pm On Oct 24, 2018
Throwback:

The logic is that men are polygamous.

So their many different wives have a limit to their children allocation.

Then there should also be a policy to address number of children per family.
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Folksyharry(m): 12:25pm On Oct 24, 2018
safarigirl:
thank you for this.

It is men impregnating women, so, they ought to limit the amount of children per father as well. What if they limit it to three and the man wants more kids? He will now go and remarry?

I wonder if anyone thought this idea through

This policy is discriminatory. They are leaving it this way to please the men (mostly the northern men). If they want to solve the issue they should also regulate the number of children per family irrespective of how many wives a man is married to.
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by vimedax: 12:40pm On Oct 24, 2018
they dont want the country to explode
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Olubidex: 1:03pm On Oct 24, 2018
gilgal7:
" GOD said ; Go ye into the world and multiply " children are Blessing from GOD... when you have a big family ... your name will go places ... history will never forgets you ... you see the birds,they neither plant nor harvest... but they are well fed ...
I agree with you. But know that government is not God it only succeed by adequate planning so don't complain of poor infrastructure and quality of life because government won't have accurate figure to plan with.
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Ugosample(m): 1:04pm On Oct 24, 2018
quid:
Tell the FG to stop mismanaging Nigeria's money. The mumu-ism of FG has assumed astronomical proportions. Human beings are resources to be tapped properly.

The govt has failed undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by trapQ: 2:07pm On Oct 24, 2018
World's most powerful man is different from world's most powerful country. Moreover the former changes every year.
quid:

I hope you realize that the Economist magazine does not spread rumors, like Nigeria's APC grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by trapQ: 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2018
I Know your type. You're the type that twists facts. Can you show me a verse where the Bible encourages polygamy?
Gerrard59:

So the old testament is obsolete, right?

That it talks about monogamy doesn't imply prohibition of polygamy.

1 Like

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 24, 2018
trapQ:
World's most powerful man is different from world's most powerful country. Moreover the former changes every year.
The president of China is powerful because his country is powerful.
Very simple matter.
Population is power.
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by trapQ: 3:01pm On Oct 24, 2018
Then I guess India is the second most powerful country going by your logic?
grin
quid:

The president of China is powerful because his country is powerful.
Very simple matter.
Population is power.

1 Like

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 24, 2018
trapQ:
Then I guess India is the second most powerful country going by your logic?
grin
Look for this Time Magazine and read it >>>

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by ehinmowo: 3:16pm On Oct 24, 2018
quid:

China has 1.4 billion people.
China is now the most powerful country in the world.
FG needs to Receive Sense ASAP

Ichabod (search for the meaning. It's Hebrew)
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 24, 2018
ehinmowo:

Ichabod (search for the meaning. It's Hebrew)
no glory ?
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by somegirl1: 3:19pm On Oct 24, 2018
Gerrard59:

So the old testament is obsolete, right?

That it talks about monogamy doesn't imply prohibition of polygamy.
The old testament provides context.
A similar argument may be made for polyandry, as it is not explicitly condemned / prohibited anywhere in the bible.
One man + one woman was and is intended God's design for marriage, from the lips of Jesus Christ .

1 Like

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Gerrard59(m): 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2018
trapQ:
I Know your type. You're the type that twists facts. Can you show me a verse where the Bible encourages polygamy?

My stance: The Bible doesn't prohibit polygamy neither does it encourage it. Besides, God's most revered prophets were literally polygamists.

For the bold, I am not twisting facts - which unfortunately are not what you think they're.
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Delivar(m): 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2018
Mynd44:
How about number of children per men? If you want to limit the number of children woman have, it only makes sense to do so with men too seeing that a lot of times, men are the people who decide for the family
No need including men. Women are the ones giving birth so once you put a limit on women it takes effect on the population.
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Seahawk: 5:24pm On Oct 24, 2018
Well that is very stupid because it is the polygamous nonsense that is leading to the over population to start with.

They are obviously going to fail with that approach
Throwback:

The logic is that men are polygamous.

So their many different wives have a limit to their children allocation.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Seahawk: 5:34pm On Oct 24, 2018
Shut up
1StopRudeness:

Must everything be a contest btw men and women...u people just create fight out of nothing....isn't this clear enuf...some issues are just about women...even though men are somehow in the background....man is just a donor, and infinitesimal factor in this equation...
You can always get ur sperm from anywhere. It doesn't have to be a husband that will get u pregnant...some men don't even know they have kids....if divorce is still legal and gonna be foreverlly legal..u can't tell the new wife not to have her own quota of kids just because the divorcee husband has got two from the first marriage...

2 Likes

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Seahawk: 5:36pm On Oct 24, 2018
Lol. Maybe that will work
abbeyty:
To make it properly the men should be castrated after 2 kids. Let practice that for the next 20 years and see how it goes
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by armyofone(m): 5:36pm On Oct 24, 2018
I hope they really do - time to break the crazy cycle of having too many children without enough mean to care for them. Making life miserable for all.

Free condoms should be mandatory in hospitals and men restrooms.
I don't even know how people make love in the face of poverty...smh
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by HisSexcellency(m): 5:55pm On Oct 24, 2018
quid:

yeah but 1.4 billion population grin
The great USA is only about 330 million people.
China population is 4 times that of USA population.
Why do you think Trump trembles whenever he remembers China ? grin grin

Abeg population is power.
World Bank and IMF can go jump off a bridge with their lies.
So, according to your warped thinking, the population of China is the reason they are world power and nothing to do with governance and good leadership. In that case india should be the second most powerful country in the world because their population is also in billion

1 Like

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 24, 2018
Seahawk:
Shut up

Who is riffraff
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by daddytime(m): 2:26am On Oct 25, 2018
@PrinceMario, yes the paperback copy of the book for Gaby's story "the irregular migrant" is out. Depending on where you are in Nig, you can have one sent to you. Get his number from his profile and call or WhatsApp him

@blezdBen if you are based in Nigeria, you can try the link below for an ebook version of the story https://okadabooks.com/search?term=Peterson+ojieson
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by revolt(m): 6:16am On Oct 25, 2018
It should go both ways or the aim us defeated. Northerners and their retrogressive politics in eeryfin. Obviously polygamy is still a common practice they don't wanna tamper with.
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:09am On Oct 25, 2018
quid:

I repeat: China's 1.4 billion population did not produce misery and poverty, as the World Bank and IMF continue to deceive people about grin grin
Your argument is flawed and you are reaching---miserably.
My point was to correct your wrong statement concerning child bearing laws.
I did that.
Cheers
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 1:57am On Oct 26, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

Your argument is flawed and you are reaching---miserably.
My point was to correct your wrong statement concerning child bearing laws.
I did that.
Cheers
Nigeria needs to adopt child bearing laws that will enable our population get to 1.4 billion.
I reject world.bank and IMF deception.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Its Children's Day: Upload A Picture Of Your Baby And Send Him/her A Shout Out. / Many Married Men Are Unhappy... / Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.