Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother (45119 Views)

The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 / Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? / Lady Negotiates The Number Of Children She Wants With Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by xxgig(m): 6:20am On Oct 24, 2018
Xaos:

It's wickedness to bring a child into the world & subject that child to malnutrition and illiteracy. No proper shelter or clothing too. Abeg park one side guy, we in the North needs this policy to work. Nigeria needs this.

We should not be deceived, the headline says number of children per Mom. Remember the south most marry just one wife. So if a household with just one wife has 3 children same house hold in the north will be having 12children. Hope you get where I am heading to.

1 Like

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 24, 2018
You mean the employer having one wife with just two children don't you? Three pikiin for some rich men too much by their calculation.
While the rich man uses his time and energy in making more money, the poot man uses the equivalent in pounding at a woman who already has four children that they can't comfortably feed and send to school. In pouring his seed of frustration into the woman, the fifth baby is formed.
His anger at another baby drives him to pound the woman all over and a sixth baby is made in a space of 16 to 18 months. So goes the vicious cycle.

FedericGodwin:
grin shocked
Until we start reasoning like this, things will not move forward whether you are atikulooting, buharying or what have you or if you like bring Barack Obama to govern Nigeria, it would remain the same until we start taking the right steps in the right direction
A situation where an illiterate driver with #30,000 monthly salary having 3 wives with 11 children all in the name of religion or culture, now complaining of bad economy. Meanwhile, his employer has a wife with just 3 children. Africans must learn when to do away with culture and religion holding us hostage but I doubt if the northerners will accept this especially the Muslim faithfuls. Family planning should also be part of the preachings during naming ceremony in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by toluwanike007: 6:21am On Oct 24, 2018
Anti Islam bibawo,stop saying what you don't know.
CanineOfJackal:
Buhari will never implement it because he will see it as anti Islam
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Stanweezy(m): 6:21am On Oct 24, 2018
I hope my brothers up North will embrace this, one says seller in my road has three wives and 14 children
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by calliope(f): 6:21am On Oct 24, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
Misleading headline,
I support the motive though, if we continue giving birth like this,I wonder how ten years from now will look like.
Children are blessings from God, after all the Bible emphasized on fruitfulness, "Go ye into the world and multiple" please let's keep to that, regardless however the population keeps expanding beyond proportion. It doesn't matter smiley
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nezan(m): 6:23am On Oct 24, 2018
If the policy is not targeted at men, the problem will not abate. If for example, the limit is 3 kids per woman, one can have 5 baby mamas with 15 kids, or with 4 wives, you can have 12kids. But if the limit is to both man and woman, it will more likely produce the desired results

4 Likes

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 24, 2018
hisgrace090:

Apart from China one man one child policy their population would've been above 5billion by now.
And they would still be the most powerful nation in the world.
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 24, 2018
I see american hand in this when me and babe plan to have baby every friday angry angry angry
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by FedericGodwin: 6:27am On Oct 24, 2018
jidemoh:
You mean the employer having one wife with just two children don't you? Three pikiin for some rich men too much by their calculation.
While the rich man uses his time and energy in making more money, the poot man uses the equivalent in pounding at a woman who already has four children that they can't comfortably feed and send to school. In pouring his seed of frustration into the woman, the fifth baby is formed.
His anger at another baby drives him to pound the woman all over and a sixth baby is made in a space of 16 to 18 months. So goes the vicious cycle.

Brother, you are too much. Mentality of some men must be changed especially with heavy taxes when you give birth more than what you can take care. The reason why boko haram and other dangerous vices are on the increase. Why replicating poverty and make it a family business all in the name of one religion or culture that won't help solve the problem? These poor people will be complaining that someone refuses to help them. Who ask them to become baby factory in the first place
Will the northerners
take this advice? I doubt it

1 Like

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 24, 2018
gilgal7:
" GOD said ; Go ye into the world and multiply " children are Blessing from GOD... when you have a big family ... your name will go places ... history will never forgets you ... you see the birds,they neither plant nor harvest... but they are well fed ...
these r not biblical time. Most gals from poor homes now depend on men to survive. Go to campuses der are doing couple parols. D guya nko yahoo nd crime
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by SimSify(m): 6:29am On Oct 24, 2018
so this is why they have been killing our people in the northeast,.Buhari God will punish you ooo
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by firo08(m): 6:30am On Oct 24, 2018
It's a welcome development
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Olatunji1929: 6:30am On Oct 24, 2018
Sultty:
Is that a threat What fg need to do is to come out with a better plan in this "ergp"
there is no better plan anywhere that is the best plan for now polygamous must stop 2 kids per parent is the first solution to our problem
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by merineze: 6:30am On Oct 24, 2018
quid:

China has 1.4 billion people.
China is now the most powerful country in the world.
FG needs to Receive Sense ASAP

And you were taught that they became powerful as a result of there population?
If you don't know,ask b4 talking.

5 Likes

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by hisgrace090: 6:30am On Oct 24, 2018
quid:

And they would still be the most powerful nation in the world.

Share what they've today to those minus 3point something billion people and see poverty in action .

1 Like

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by VCJeks(m): 6:31am On Oct 24, 2018
This is just not well thought out.
It's simply against those who practice MONOGAMY.
"No of children per mother" indeed.
What happens when a man marries 3,4, or 5 wives, would whatever purpose not have been defeated??

1 Like

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by dazzlingd(m): 6:32am On Oct 24, 2018
In a country where religion and backwardness dominate sense of judgement.
They will say, God says we should multiply, who knows out of my 16 children, one may become a governor, one may be a senator etc giving birth to malnourished children that become conductors, groundnut sellers, palm wine tappers and those ones too mutilpy and poverty, illiteracy will multiply.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 6:32am On Oct 24, 2018
hisgrace090:

Share what they've today to those minus 3point something billion people and see poverty in action .
Don't allow America to deceive you

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by SimSify(m): 6:32am On Oct 24, 2018
lovedatruth:
I have being waiting to hear this news a very long time ago. Our population is our greatest challenge in this country.
kill yourself to help us de-populate,.
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Born2Breed(f): 6:33am On Oct 24, 2018
Best news ever.
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by leisuretym: 6:34am On Oct 24, 2018
this will end Alimajeri! because a woman who only give birth to 2 kids willl not throw them on the street
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by mymilicent: 6:34am On Oct 24, 2018
To balance the equation, the policy should emphasize the number of children per father and not per mother.

1 Like

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by SpaceAngel: 6:34am On Oct 24, 2018
It will still not achieve much since one man can have many wives. It can only be possible if the limit is placed on the man.
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by dazzlingd(m): 6:34am On Oct 24, 2018
quid:

Your ignorance will not kill you... You need lessons on ecosystem and ecology. Olodo

4 Likes

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 24, 2018
merineze:

And you were taught that they became powerful as a result of there population?
If you don't know,ask b4 talking.
I know you will not wake up until FG sells your ancestral land to the Chinese. grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by dazzlingd(m): 6:36am On Oct 24, 2018
SpaceAngel:
It will still not achieve much since one man can have many wives. It can only be possible if the limit is placed on the man.

Religion is a problem... They would rather place the law on the female gender, after all men are allowed to marry many women. Men should not be restricted. Blacks are disasters and religiously cursed to be stupid.

1 Like

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 24, 2018
Rubbish. Shey na FG go take care of the children? So if i have suffient resources now i must have to follow crap law abi.
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nasir123(m): 6:37am On Oct 24, 2018
A very very welcome development. cheesy
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Mrjo(m): 6:37am On Oct 24, 2018
lovedatruth:
I have being waiting to hear this news a very long time ago. Our population is our greatest challenge in this country.
though I don't support having many children, but is not our problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by hisgrace090: 6:37am On Oct 24, 2018
quid:

If it work the way you think many would've imitated them today, rather what we see everywhere is birth control instead of born as you like you're trying to uphold.
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 24, 2018
dazzlingd:

Your ignorance will not kill you... You need lessons on ecosystem and ecology. Olodo
India population is also about 1.2 billion.
No one jokes around with India on the international stage.
Continue to receive sense.

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:39am On Oct 24, 2018
calliope:

Children are blessings from God, after all the Bible emphasized on fruitfulness, "Go ye into the world and multiple" please let's keep to that, regardless however the population keeps expanding beyond proportion. It doesn't matter smiley

Children are blessings from God, agreed, but that was an instruction before the fall of man in the hypothetical garden of Eden.
So yes , they are a blessing, but blessings , if not properly taken care of, can become an issue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Real Reasons Women Add Weight After Wedding / Georgia Woman Makes Her 5-Year-Old Daughter Pay Rent (Photos) / Its Children's Day: Upload A Picture Of Your Baby And Send Him/her A Shout Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.