Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This (63384 Views)

Have You Been Charging Your Phone Wrongly? / Things You Should Never Do While Charging Your Smartphone / We've Been Charging Our Smartphones Wrong All This Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by FunkyAlhaji2015: 4:45pm On Oct 24, 2018
Godson84:

Naso o. No be for my area u go try this kind thing. Here wey light be like menstruation. If person follow all these things, naso person phone go just dey die die grin grin grin

Lol!
If you follow all these their yarn you no go use phone for Naija be that
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by Godson84: 4:47pm On Oct 24, 2018
Malocity:

But Atiku is not IN YET. It should be let's vote Bubu Out!
Am Atikulated already.
Lol
He is trying to say we should vote for another aspirant aside Buhari and Atiku. Those old men ought to have retired from politics. I don't know what they are looking for. Vision them no get, na so so money them go dey pack and them go dey pretend say nothing dey their account. Wicked people! Chai, heaven go reject people o grin grin
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by MartinsD12(m): 4:48pm On Oct 24, 2018
viki84:

Source: https://vikiglasgow..com/2018/10/youve-been-charging-your-phone-wrong.html?m=1
number one is wrong I use a power bank on my phone once my phone charges to full the power bank off automatically because it's no longer supplying power to the phone this happened with both my tecno l8plus and recently my camon x phone, if you notice while charging your phone from 1 to 100 you will see once your phone get to 100 the charger gets warm unlike when it's still charging let's say from 30 to 80
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by Godson84: 4:49pm On Oct 24, 2018
FunkyAlhaji2015:

Lol!
If you follow all these their yarn you no go use phone for Naija be that
I'm telling u
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by deebrownneymar: 4:52pm On Oct 24, 2018
But I'm not gonna use The phone forever
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by Godson84: 4:55pm On Oct 24, 2018
officialdayo:
Wrong.
When you leave your smartphone plugged in for long periods of time it will automatically stop charging itself once the battery is full.
U get plenty sense
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by DilyAtlantis: 5:04pm On Oct 24, 2018
This your rules is NOT possible in Nigeria. Imagine NEPA just bring light, you expect me to plug it and wait. Something they will just take in 30 minutes....
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by Tijay90(m): 5:10pm On Oct 24, 2018
What is wrong with you people? There's an article saying the direct opposite.
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by Emeka71(m): 5:11pm On Oct 24, 2018
damilare442:
Most of these reasons are not only fake but unenlightening.
Don't mind him; as if the essence of charging a phone battery is not to use.
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by Grupo(m): 5:13pm On Oct 24, 2018
Kylekent59:

did you just type "has your battery...?"

SMH

Curious. What should he have typed?
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by mechanics(m): 5:33pm On Oct 24, 2018
I disagree with #4, charging battery phones up to 100% won't do any harm to the battery, I have been charging mine like that, and it's very strong.
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by Dailyfavour(m): 5:43pm On Oct 24, 2018
Still searching for answer, does solar energy (solar panel) has bad effect on battery when using it for charging?
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 6:24pm On Oct 24, 2018
me I don't know about that draining of ba3 own to.. but I've used phones that when the isn't drained till like 5-10% before charging.. it spoils the battery....
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by swazpedro(m): 6:35pm On Oct 24, 2018
Trash... In Nigeria here, charge as much as u can once u see light
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by Billimemes1: 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2018
and what if nepa doesn't bring light when your battery is @40%
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by whiteafrique: 7:10pm On Oct 24, 2018
Not our fault poor power supply has conditioned us to always want plug our phones to light even in our dream too.
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by Adega4: 7:13pm On Oct 24, 2018
Lie nothing like don't charge your phone overnight bro, the moment your phone battery reaches 4.2V, which is normal for lithium ion battery it stopped charging and change to trickle charging to maintain the pd
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by collinometricx: 7:18pm On Oct 24, 2018
Right now right now

I am charging and using my phone...

Come and beat me I am in my hus
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by Kylekent59: 7:21pm On Oct 24, 2018
Grupo:

Curious. What should he have typed?

read his comments again.
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by corpershun: 7:21pm On Oct 24, 2018
Dailyfavour:
Still searching for answer, does solar energy (solar panel) has bad effect on battery when using it for charging?
No because there is something called a solar charge controller that automatically regulates the battery once it's fully charged or needs to be charged.

1 Like

Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by Iseddy: 7:22pm On Oct 24, 2018
some point can't you mentioned can't be observed here in this country because of no stable power supply. one I observed that destroys battery is using small generator ( I pass my neighbor) to charge phone... that gen dey murder battery.
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by SlimzDboss(m): 7:30pm On Oct 24, 2018
This doesn’t apply to Nigeria
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 24, 2018
officialdayo:
Wrong.
When you leave your smartphone plugged in for long periods of time it will automatically stop charging itself once the battery is full.
Leave this people ojare,smartphones have overcharge protection
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 24, 2018
i disagree with you on 4, its advisable to discharge the battery so that you can charge it fully, remeber the phone battery has an ic thats clocked to recharge the phone for a preterdetermined number of times, hence you should recharge your battery when it has 10% of juice left, 40 is too high, i can use my phone at 40 percent for 6 hours.
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by Anstone: 8:23pm On Oct 24, 2018
Dailyfavour:

Depending on the charge controller and the type of battery (the charge controller ought to be set for the battery type, either gel, ARG and so on)... Energy from a solar panel is similar to the one from a battery; very stable...

The way you connect it matters too, most people are found of doing improper connection, even the supposed solar professional does the same... Gel batteries should start disintegrating after 5 years

1 Like

Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 24, 2018
Abeycity93:
I'm guilty of all these, my phone is about 2yrs now

u can't be charging ur smartphone overnight multiple times per week and after 2 years ur phones battery life still remains normal. bloody liar.
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by folabode(f): 9:52pm On Oct 24, 2018
I'm guilty of all
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by osabiya16(m): 10:32pm On Oct 24, 2018
Malocity:

But Atiku is not IN YET. It should be let's vote Bubu Out!
Am Atikulated already.
They are birds of the same features brother
Atiku has been the VP of this joke country for 8 good years and there is nothing to show for it
They keep rotating this government around them and there generation, dey have wealth power and fame already
What else do dey want
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by thunderbabs: 10:44pm On Oct 24, 2018
Story. Who gives a flying ffuck?

One thing or the other will make you change that phone anyway. So, beat it.

Nothing lasts forever xcept maybe diamonds
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by Reeberry: 10:56pm On Oct 24, 2018
All wrong, lame and stale.
Re: You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This by linearity: 1:48am On Oct 25, 2018
So, if you always keep your battery life between 40% and 80%, how will you ever know that it is unstable?

It is like saying, if you keep your water tank at home between 40% and 80% all the time, there will be stable water supply at the faucet all the time.....duh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Delivered Read Messages On Whatsapp Now Indicate With BLUE Double Mark / Guy Pours Wine On His Phone At Jokers Club In Benin (Pic) / Hands On Review Of Infinix Zero 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.