Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Why Good Boys Don't Win - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Good Boys Don't Win (617 Views)

Why Boys Don't Date Fat Girls / Why Ladies Prefer To Date 'Bad Boys' Rather Than 'Good Boys' - Nigerian Lady / Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Good Boys Don't Win by Queerlyshrewd: 11:23pm On Oct 24, 2018
Came across this song on instagram and after listening to it, it made me wonder. I may not be a boy but i like to think it is disheartening and ego-crushing to be told "you're too good for me to date". It feels like a sissy-ing move; the guys may even prefer to be told "you're bad for me" sef.
It's a strange world. We've always been told that being good, doing good gets you the best of life but why doesn't it get you the girl you want. What's with girls and bad boys anyway.
-Christian Grey
-Seth Quinn
-Noah
-Hardy Cates...
What do these guys have in common?
1st, i love them. Also, they are far from being good guys but still, they got the girls.
It makes you wonder if being bad sends a certain kind of appeal...
This is what i've always thought:
☆The good guy is a good guy. He smiles at everyone, he's good to most people. So, when he becomes nice to a particular girl, there's absolutely nothing special about it. It's just him being his nice, normal self.
But the bad guy? He doesn't give 2 bleeps about anything or anyone; he does what he wants. Now when a guy like that is being nice to a girl, it's extra special. He's going out of his way, doing things he wouldn't normally do because of that girl. Lawd, it makes us feel ultraspecial.
It's like Luka going to the same ball he called corny just because of Zoey.
Or Christian changing from a Dom to a lover. Let's not even go to all his rules he broke because of Anna.
If that's not romantic to you, i have no idea what is.

☆ This may seem very confusing and quite contradicting but believe me, it beats us females too.
With the recent craze about rape, consent has become so crucial. Guys are really cautious because a girl could say okay now and then accuse you of rape a couple minutes later.
However, for me ehn, i like a guy who knows how to take charge. I don't mean control me; of course not. But, i like when i say no, he says yes and then gives me a pretty damn good reason for it.
Maybe i should speak for myself when i say i like to refuse a kiss but love it when he then turns me over, leans closer and kisses me. Hahh!!! It's so sexy.
A good guy will prolly never do that. He will most likely take the no and hold you to your word. That's sweet and all but sometimes, we don't want sweet.
Let me summarize what i mean with this quote i saw once:
" the right guy will hold the door for you to walk in and then smack your ass as you do".
Polite and sexy...�
I know how silly it sounds, but hey, females are complicated.
Forget the many English. We just want a good guy with a tinge of sexy; a bad boy who's good to us.

It's not all bad news for the nice guys anyway; i mean Mouth eventually found Millie.
I'm not telling you to stop being nice or to become bad. I'm only trying to explain why you don't get the girls you want.
But hey, be of good cheer.
Your Millie is on the way; until then remove your eyes from Brooke.�

Ps: if you don't get my last statement; go and watch 1 tree hill... �

For more
Visit
http://jonathaniseiblog.com

Re: Why Good Boys Don't Win by Timagex(m): 11:40pm On Oct 24, 2018
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Nice writeup. Its even cool because its coming from a girl. One hug for u and a smack... wink

(1) (Reply)

Dating He Keeps Breaking My Heart & I Keep Going Back To Him / 13 Easy Steps To Get Her Fall In Love With You And Take Her To Bed / What Is Your Most Embarrassing Moment This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.