Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku (3739 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Pastor Adeboye, Tinubu & Fashola (A Case study) / Bola Tinubu, Fashola, Pastor Adeboye and Sanwo-Olu at Lagos Thanksgiving (Pics) / Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode And Sanwo-olu At APC Convention. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by mekaboy(m): 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2018
So here is the game, say that power will return to the SW, get igbos, SS, North central to vote against buhari.

Then Atiku does his job in the North, then Tinubu adds the SW votes.

Buhari is back to daura.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by quickberry(m): 5:10pm On Oct 25, 2018
Dumb analysis

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by quickberry(m): 5:11pm On Oct 25, 2018
mekaboy:
[s]So here is the game, say that power will return to the SW, get igbos, SS, North central to vote against buhari.

Then Atiku does his job in the North, then Tinubu adds the SW votes.
[/s]
Buhari is back to daura.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by LamidiCownu: 5:19pm On Oct 25, 2018
quickberry:
Dumb analysis
Very very dumb actually

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by mekaboy(m): 5:29pm On Oct 25, 2018
Watch and see what happens now.
Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by PointB: 6:05pm On Oct 25, 2018
The Op is unto something there.
Actually it makes sense for Tinubu to support Atiku, and work for his victory.

It's just Buhari's first term and from every indication he and his inner caucus hardly respect or regard Tinubu. Apart from perhaps Osibanjo's nomination, what exactly was Tinubu (and Osibanjo) able to influence in this administration? If he couldn't influence much in Buhari's first term, what guarantee does he have he will be able to do so in the second term.

Against Buhari, Osibanjo and other party big-wigs' will, Tinubu refused to endorse or support Ambode to continue as Lagos State. He carefully selected his own man. This is indicative of a man not hedging his bets.

Beside, a history of business relationship between Tinubu and Atiku is already established. Knowing Tinubu's penchant to work for financial gain, a betting man would put his money in Tinubu codedly working for Atiku.

Whatever Buhari's camp promised Tinubu is the past wasn't kept; any promised made him in future will likely meet same fate.

I reckon that Tinubu's main challenge now will be how to pull this off without it been so obvious. All eyes are on him, and documents are being dusted to use in keeping him in check. Either way, his power is being whithered.

I wouldn't want to be in his shoes now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by shukuokukobambi: 6:11pm On Oct 25, 2018
PointB:
Actually it makes sense for Tinubu for Tinubu to support Atiku, and work for his victory.

It's just Buhari's first term and from every indication he and his inner caucus hardly don't respect or regard Tinubu. Apart from perhaps Osibanjo's nomination, what exactly was Tinubu (and Osibanjo) able to influence in this administration? If he couldn't influence much in Buhari's first term, what guarantee does he have he will be able to do so in the second term.

Against Buhari, Osibanjo and other party big-wigs' will, Tinubu refused to endorse or support Ambode to continue as Lagos State. He carefully selected his own man. This is indicative of a man not hedging his bets.

Beside, a history of business relationship between Tinubu and Atiku is already established. Knowing Tinubu's penchant to work for financial gain, a betting man would put his money in Tinubu codedly working for Atiku.

Whatever Buhari's camp promised Tinubu is the past wasn't kept; any promised made him in future will likely meet same fate.

I reckon that Tinubu's main challenge now will be how to pull this off without it been so obvious. All eyes are on him, and documents are being dusted to use in keeping him in check. Either way, his power is being whithered.

I admire the power of your imagination. Who knows, you could be right.

Now can you apply this same power to the possibility that Nyesom Wike could be working for Buhari's reelection? Considering the fact that he was openly against Atiku infact more antagonistic than some APC people

14 Likes

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by PointB: 6:16pm On Oct 25, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

I admire the power of your imagination. Who knows, you could be right.

Now can you apply this same power to the possibility that Nyesom Wike could be working for Buhari's reelection? Considering the fact that he was openly against Atiku infact more antagonistic than some APC people

I'm not sure Atiku has broken any promised made to Wike. Me think though that Wike probably loaths Buhari more that he does Atiku. Atiku is a 'reasonable' man. Same cannot be said for Buhari.

What I expect Wike to do is to extract as much concession from Atiku as possible. Atiku could make those concession and maybe or not keep them. Personally, I don't know if Atiku is they type that breaks his promises.

This would only be established during his first term.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by shukuokukobambi: 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2018
PointB:

I'm not sure Atiku has broken any promised made to Wike. Me think though that Wike probably loaths Buhari more that he does Atiku. Atiku is a 'reasonable' man. Same cannot be said for Buhari.

What I expect Wike to do is to extract as much concession from Atiku as possible. Atiku could make those concession and maybe or not keep them. Personally, I don't know if Atiku is they type that breaks his promises.

This would only be established during his first term.

Well, Wike didn't hide his disdain for Atiku before the primaries. He didn't hide his annoyance that Atiku was planning to beseige the delegates by buying up hotel spaces in PH. He didn't hide the fact that Atiku's restructuring mantra was all a ruse. All these he said openly on a TV interview and well reported by newspapers.

Politicians are nothing without self interest and Ekweremadu's experience has shown that promissory notes are useless with Atiku so whats stopping Wike from playing both sides? After all, it's all about interest

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by CilicMarin: 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2018
[s]
PointB:

It's just Buhari's first term and from every indication he and his inner caucus hardly respect or regard Tinubu. Apart from perhaps Osibanjo's nomination, what exactly was Tinubu (and Osibanjo) able to influence in this administration? If he couldn't influence much in Buhari's first term, what guarantee does he have he will be able to do so in the second term.

[/s]

Dumb!

grin

So Tinubu will rather wait for Atiku 8 years to run out? grin

The fact is that Atiku/Obi corrupt ticket is already dead before it started.

Atiku/Obi cannot and will Never get up 7Million votes across the country...it is an ipob ticket and it will remain so.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by PointB: 6:52pm On Oct 25, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

Well, Wike didn't hide his disdain for Atiku before the primaries. He didn't hide his annoyance that Atiku was planning to beseige the delegates by buying up hotel spaces in PH. He didn't hide the fact that Atiku's restructuring mantra was all a ruse. All these he said openly on a TV interview and well reported by newspapers.

Politicians are nothing without self interest and Ekweremadu's experience has shown that promissory notes are useless with Atiku so whats stopping Wike from playing both sides? After all, it's all about interest

Wike is a politician, he will negotiate. Provided there is no history of failed promises between them.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by mekaboy(m): 7:02pm On Oct 25, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

He was against those that left taking over. But he fought the party to ensure that the primaries took place in rivers to boost the economy. He will still work with Atiku .

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by shukuokukobambi: 7:02pm On Oct 25, 2018
PointB:

Wike is a politician, he will negotiate. Provided there is no history of failed promises between them.

And you think he won't negotiate with Buhari too?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by shukuokukobambi: 7:04pm On Oct 25, 2018
mekaboy:

He was against those that left taking over. But he fought the party to ensure that the primaries took place in rivers to boost the economy. He will still work with Atiku .

So you think it's because of the economy that Wike aggressively attacked Atiku in a well publicised interview? If he was against those that left, then why support Tambuwal, a speaker who decamped and seriously weakened PDP? You also think it's national interest that made Ekweremadu become a sulking baby since Peter Obi was announced?

He truly might work with Atiku but what will stop him working with Buhari?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by mekaboy(m): 7:07pm On Oct 25, 2018
PointB:

Fashola went direct and funded buharis campaign with amechi, so tinubu could not influence the ministerial list against him.

Now he does not want Ambode to do the same as he has not concluded plans on who to vote.

You can hear the silent voices of celebs in the SW against Buhari. Buhari has attacked davido via his uncle and APC attacked ambode via tinubu.

Tinubu will silently use the same media they used against Jonathan on Buhari. But he will do this secretly.

Remember they have brought out a list of those who they feel will be against buhari and banned them from traveling. Meaning if you go against buhari and loose, your own is finished in the country. So tinubu won't want to be on the list.

But watch as the game unfolds.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by mekaboy(m): 7:09pm On Oct 25, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

So you think it's because of the economy that Wike aggressively attacked Atiku in a well publicised interview? If he was against those that left, then why support Tambuwal, a speaker who decamped and seriously weakened PDP? You also think it's national interest that made Ekweremadu become a sulking baby since Peter Obi was announced?

He truly might work with Atiku but what will stop him working with Buhari?

Anything is possible. But I know Wike is loyal to patience jonathan, and won't let them down. Unless Jonathan works for buhari too. It's because of amechis disrespect that wike is at war with him.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by raumdeuter: 7:13pm On Oct 25, 2018
Dumb OP

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by shukuokukobambi: 7:14pm On Oct 25, 2018
mekaboy:

Anything is possible. But I know Wike is loyal to patience jonathan, and won't let them down. Unless Jonathan works for buhari too. It's because of amechis disrespect that wike is at war with him.

You see, I don't know where you from or where you're based but I'm PH boy. Born, bread and buttered. Wike is at war with Amaechi simply because of ambition. Same reason Amaechi is at war with Abe today. Which nonsense Respect? For who? cheesy

Wike isn't loyal to patience. If he was, he would have serviced the riverrine community better than he has because patience claims that's the reason why she fell out with Amaechi. The two of them are still together because they have a common enemy: Amaechi

But at least you agree that anything is possible

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by PointB: 8:01am On Oct 26, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

Does Buhari appear to you like a 'reasonable' man?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by shukuokukobambi: 8:33am On Oct 26, 2018
PointB:

Does Buhari appear to you like a 'reasonable' man?

Really? You've negotiated with him before to know that? As 'unreasonable' as Abacha was, do I need to enumerate and name the political leaders from every tribe who were pushing life presidency for him?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by Bizibi(m): 8:52am On Oct 26, 2018
Una don start
Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by PointB: 9:56am On Oct 26, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

Really? You've negotiated with him before to know that? As 'unreasonable' as Abacha was, do I need to enumerate and name the political leaders from every tribe who were pushing life presidency for him?

Good luck negotiating with Buhari, and believing in his promises. grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by shukuokukobambi: 10:04am On Oct 26, 2018
PointB:

Good luck negotiating with Buhari, and believing in his promises. grin

Did you read all the 'nice' things OBJ said about Atiku in his book? Particularly those that have to do with fidelity? wink

Ekweremadu just discovered how 'valuable' Atiku's promises are wink

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by slimfit1(m): 10:19am On Oct 26, 2018
Tinubu only influence people in Lagos please get that. Mostly abgeros

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by PointB: 10:54am On Oct 26, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

Did you read all the 'nice' things OBJ said about Atiku in his book? Particularly those that have to do with fidelity? wink

Ekweremadu just discovered how 'valuable' Atiku's promises are wink

Did you remember to take a pinch of salt when going through Obj's submissions?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by shukuokukobambi: 11:09am On Oct 26, 2018
PointB:

Did you remember to take a pinch of salt when going through Obj's submissions?

Oh really? What about his open letter to Buhari? Or even all he's said about Buhari? Would I need a pinch or a bag of salt?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by PointB: 1:40pm On Oct 26, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

Oh really? What about his open letter to Buhari? Or even all he's said about Buhari? Would I need a pinch or a bag of salt?

O yes you should. Obj is surely not an epitome of credibility. Or...?
Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by shukuokukobambi: 1:58pm On Oct 26, 2018
PointB:

O yes you should. Obj is surely not an epitome of credibility. Or...?

In that case, case closed

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by PFRB: 2:58pm On Oct 26, 2018
Buhari just needs to something or say something and Igbos will vote for him. In Igboland now they are not sure Atiku can be trusted.
Re: Tinubu Fashola Working For Atiku by Idecievedyou(m): 3:42pm On Oct 26, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

how about putting aside a government who already failed the people..as we talk about "interest" working with Atiku will only turn out a win for Wike, we sure know promises won't be kept by buhari...and no matter how bad Wike spoke already about Atiku...try to remember that Obj and Atiku are now working together, he even calls Atiku our next president...this is politics, this is Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Reportedly Coughing Seriously After Coronavirus Test / Unknown Gunmen Attack Army Check Point In Ukworji,along Owerri Road. / Moment Guys Brought Down Tinubu, Oyetola Emi Lo Kan Billboard In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.