Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit (20254 Views)

My Job Is At Risk Because Of Office Romance Involving My Boss / Should I Tell My Boss I Got A Second Job? / How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by noble2faith(m): 2:30pm On Sep 21, 2022
Wetin some Mods dey think sometimes?

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by inoki247: 2:30pm On Sep 21, 2022
lol
Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by fasho01(m): 2:30pm On Sep 21, 2022
Tender a resignation letter
Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by OperationalVehi: 2:31pm On Sep 21, 2022
Chimookigwe:

You have epilepsy and you want to go for spiritual treatment.
hahahah used this during NYSC posting
Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by geunik(m): 2:32pm On Sep 21, 2022
dominique:
Going by the date this was posted, I believe you've quit already
When you post something important, NL modes will never see it. Na when e don reach years they will uproot it from the dungeon and share it to the public

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 21, 2022
cheesy grin grin Since 2018 grin grin grin

Op self go don grow gray hairs

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by Tegabadguy(m): 2:33pm On Sep 21, 2022
grin grin
pretydiva:
Post of 2018?? undecided. Na wa for Nairaland oo. What's the point pushing this thread to front page? Of what use is it to the op??
cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by GRACEGLORY: 2:33pm On Sep 21, 2022
chibestjerry:
Please i need you advice, How can i tell my Boss that i want to quit
He has been nice to me and i just started work this month

Am thinking it might be unfair to him if i quit Now

Please just a tip of advice

If he’s got a reason to fire you, he won’t be emotional.
Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by gulfer: 2:34pm On Sep 21, 2022
It depends on why you are leaving, make him aware ahead of time of your plans, explain the motive; is it a better paying job, fulfils your career aspirations etc.... If he is decent enough, he won't stand in your way or feel bad on your departure. He might have tips for you ahead of your new job cool cool cool cool
Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by hustla(m): 2:35pm On Sep 21, 2022
chibestjerry:

For jobs, always look out for yourself
Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by SyrusdeHansome(m): 2:36pm On Sep 21, 2022
Some of de mods no sabi dia work. Someone made a very important thread in 2018 that wud have helped not only de op but many others that are in the same predicament but yet they didn't think it wise to bring to fp. If it was a snake or one meaningless thread they'd quickly bring it to fp

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 21, 2022
Post from 2018 just hit front page today.

Wahala

1 Like

Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by Tegabadguy(m): 2:36pm On Sep 21, 2022
before your tell him ...give am hot sex
Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by abdulwassi(m): 2:39pm On Sep 21, 2022
chibestjerry:

Be yourself and send him resignation letter... Life goes on.

I'm in need of a job, I'm readily available. Thanks..
Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by Adakintroy: 2:41pm On Sep 21, 2022
By telling him you want to quite.

If he is really a nice guy he will wish you the best. All business man prep up for such eventuality. You not that special.
Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by Llight101(m): 2:41pm On Sep 21, 2022
2018? grin grin shocked grin
Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by chakula: 2:42pm On Sep 21, 2022
As you wrote the first application.
Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 2:43pm On Sep 21, 2022
Me I day find work, come carry me go there, say u want make I replace u. Shikena
Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by Hungerbadoo: 2:43pm On Sep 21, 2022
chibestjerry:

But this thread don reach four years nau. Well, it depends on T&C of your employment. You either give 3-4 weeks of notice or forfeit the salary of the month.
Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by djseanjohn77: 2:45pm On Sep 21, 2022
chibestjerry:

In 2015, I was working as a Technical writer with a company (not in Nigeria), I had the chance to leave a year later but i didn't, only because i fell in love with my colleagues and the company had good welfare package. fastforward to 2017, there was inflation, they started downsizing, i had felt i was indispensable, before i knew it, when they ran out of whom to relieve of his duty next, they didn't think twice.

I was out of job for months before i got a temporary job for another 9 months. When that one ended, i was out of job for another 6 month before eventually i found a "better job', stable and promising but due to the pandemic and the rest, salary has not been frequent. However, I had another chance to leave to a better one, I didn't because a fellow Nigeria, a friend and a brother advised me to stay in the system that at least works and i know the terrain well (As Sustainability Manager) - rather for a well package and regular system where i was offered a position as Sustainability Engr. I listened, see, as soon as he had his opportunity to leave, he didn't think twice nr consult me, he told me after the decision was made and 2 days to resumption.

My advise to you, such decisions requires no man's advise, if you truly know what you want in life, never hesitate. I do want to leave now, but the current economical situation is stiffening the available space, plus the space is accommodating new entrant. Fewer jobs opportunity, but yearly, more job seekers.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by afbstrategies: 2:45pm On Sep 21, 2022
chibestjerry:

Quitting outrightly may not be a good idea because your boss may have spent time and resources training you for that position. I don't know the kind of job you have, or the reason why suddenly want to quit after a month, but you should talk to your boss and at least give him up to two weeks to find a replacement.
Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by jamace(m): 2:47pm On Sep 21, 2022
HateBigots:
Copy this letter
LWKMD grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by Kobicove(m): 2:50pm On Sep 21, 2022
OperationalVehi:
hahahah used this during NYSC posting

Really? shocked
Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by MrJames007: 2:50pm On Sep 21, 2022
HateBigots:
Copy this letter
As in ... grin
Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by Algold: 2:50pm On Sep 21, 2022
Are u going into yahoo? Or u have met a yahoo bf thats deceiving u with alot of cash?
Most Young people dont work anymore because of this shit
Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by Kajaard: 2:51pm On Sep 21, 2022
chibestjerry:

Simple, send him a resignation note. You owe him and the company nothing. Make sure you give a month's notice if that's what is stated in your employment contract. If you don't have a contract then 1 week notice is okay.

Stop being sentimental about it, it's your life and your career. Go for whatever is in your best interest.

Companies will not think twice before sacking you and replacing you with someone else,so why should you think any different?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 21, 2022
My last fvcking job... I had to quit using mails... I sent the motherfvcker_ a mail after I disappearedgrin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by madjune(m): 2:57pm On Sep 21, 2022
You don't need to talk.

You don't even need anyone's advice.

Simply go into his office. Take that large, nicely cushioned seat next to his desk and tell his PA to order you a chilled beer.

Your boss would know you are now a man of your own.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by boolet: 2:58pm On Sep 21, 2022
Same way you told them you wanted the job.
Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by mokt(m): 3:03pm On Sep 21, 2022
chibestjerry:

You want to Jaapaa abi?
Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by victorVIC1(m): 3:05pm On Sep 21, 2022
As long as career is concerned, always put yourself first. Just ensure you path ways in a decent manner and avoid burning bridges
Re: How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit by Sucre6: 3:05pm On Sep 21, 2022
chibestjerry:

I have been in this situation before, had to lie that I wasn't feeling fine, I didn't go to work for 3 days, I had resumed in my new and better place of work, my boss still send me 10k make I use treat my self, I almost cried, , such a nice woman. But my career growth comes first, I had to move on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment March 2017 (9 Positions) / 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? / 5 Important Things Recruiters Search For In Your Cv/resume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.