Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,267 members, 7,839,348 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring (6237 Views)

DSS Operatives Involved In Armed Robbery In Abuja, Arrested / British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos / Photos: Two Men Injured After Being Involved In Sallah Bloodbath (Graphic pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by snowdrops(m): 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

[

Those three main suspects were: Kazeem Badru, 38, of the 200 block of Osgood Avenue in Stapleton; Ganiu Rilwan, 46, of the 200 block of Park Hill Avenue, Clifton; and Okoronkwo Okechukwu, 32, of Parkview Loop in Graniteville.

Just say almost 33 ibo and yoruba arrested, and not drag the rest of law abiding Nigeria into this.

These 2 tribes self.
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by CarlosVent(m): 12:17pm On Jul 19, 2010
dis is alarming why?
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 19, 2010
Wrong wrong in robbing the white men who have stolen so much and enslaved us through out the millennium ?

These Nigerians were not professional enough, I advice a tactical team be trained to teach others how to repatriate our stolen resources and not get caught
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by justwise(m): 12:24pm On Jul 19, 2010
LeoMax:

Wrong wrong in robbing the white men who have stolen so much and enslaved us through out the millennium ?

These Nigerians were not professional enough, I advice a tactical team be trained to teach others how to repatriate our stolen resources and not get caught

Rubbish!
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Ignatio(m): 12:28pm On Jul 19, 2010
At this rebranding stage.
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by bidemi12(m): 12:34pm On Jul 19, 2010
@ilekeidi or whatever you call yourself. i sense bad belleism in your post. is it our fault that you have been denied visa on numerous occassions? how can you make such a generalised statement. are you saying because numerous cases of armed robberies, fraud and kidnappings are abound in naija that all nigerians are like that too. Haba!! how old are you sef? you de talk like small pikin. Or are you pissed that your vi.brator is not working well today? take time oooo.
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by kobikwelu(m): 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2010
lemme c what the ghanians have to say about this headline,

pricks angry angry angry
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Redman44(m): 1:06pm On Jul 19, 2010
When I read news items like this, I feel like throwing up lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. We are always on the pages of newspapers abroad for all the wrong reasons. If it is not credit card fraud, it will be benefit and welfare fraud. What is really wrong with us? About two weeks ago, I read in the community newspaper of my area in England about two Nigerians [ or Britons of Nigerian descent ] who were caught claiming benefits after they had gotten new jobs. They were both taken to court, fined and ordered to do community service. I was also on Youtube some months ago and I was disgusted with what Nigerians are doing in the Republic of Ireland. There was this woman that was claiming all kinds of Welfare benefits for her children in Dublin and London at the same time. When the Irish authorities caught up with her, she looked defiant and told the Gardai that she had not committed any crime sad sad. She was not deported because she had a residence permit.

Honestly, Nigerians need to be suspicious of 'Been To's' who spend huge sums of money when they travel back home. It is not easy to make money in Europe and America except through fraud. These fraudulent Nigerians are the ones that paint a rosy picture of life abroad when they go back home for holidays. I'm not saying British and American citizens are not corrupt, but the level of cyber fraud being committed by Nigerians in Thamesmead, London, is frightening sad sad.  We do these shady deals just to impress people in Nigeria that all is well. Living abroad has its benefits and a honest person will get to the heights he desires through hardwork and prayers. I am not against Nigerians who use other people's ID to work as long as they've got plans to regularise their stay in the States and Europe as time goes on. I understand that man has to survive. What I don't like is our belief that we can behave as we like in another man's land and nothing will happen to us. Lastly, Shame on those who are supporting the scammers in America. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by SweetT1: 1:41pm On Jul 19, 2010
@Ileke-idi

Are you really wearing Ileke on your big butt?? I'll like to see that. But i dont know what to make of your post, you guys complain about Nigerians abroad doing this, doing that and yet you guys do nothing about it. If you are in NY or wherever these Nigerian thieves are, write to District Attorney (DA) and ask them if it's possible that they can use you as a Character witness against those idiots. You can testify and plead with the Judge and the DA to give those guys the harshest punishment possible and to use them as an example for other fraudsters. If Nigerians start doing this, rise up against these thieves amongst us, then we can wash the image of Nigeria one 419 case at a time. Many DAs will love to use as many witnesses that can help their cases as possible. I'm waiting for an Opportunity for this in Dallas area and i'll be in court to testify if the DA decides to use me. We are tired of Nigeria being dragged to the mud. Some of us has never stolen another man's dime and yet Nigerians are being given a bad name. The problem with Nigerians is "show off" mentality, he wants to make money at all cost so that he can go back to Nigeria and show everyone "He has arrived".
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 19, 2010
snowdrops:

Just say almost 33 ibo and yoruba arrested, and not drag the rest of law abiding Nigeria into this.

These 2 tribes self.
grin grin grin cheesy Most of the names are not even posted, so dnt get your hopes up.

FYI, in the face of International, no one cares abt tribes. . . .so. . . .

bidemi12:

@ilekeidi or whatever you call yourself. i sense bad belleism in your post. is it our fault that you have been denied visa on numerous occassions? how can you make such a generalised statement. are you saying because numerous cases of armed robberies, fraud and kidnappings are abound in naija that all nigerians are like that too. Haba!! how old are you sef? you de talk like small pikin. Or are you pissed that your vi.brator is not working well today? take time oooo.

lol,  kiss kiss kiss
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 19, 2010
Sweet T:

@Ileke-idi

Are you really wearing Ileke on your big butt?? I'll like to see that. But i dont know what to make of your post, you guys complain about Nigerians abroad doing this, doing that and yet you guys do nothing about it. If you are in NY or wherever these Nigerian thieves are, write to District Attorney (DA) and ask them if it's possible that they can use you as a Character witness against those idiots. You can testify and plead with the Judge and the DA to give those guys the harshest punishment possible and to use them as an example for other fraudsters. If Nigerians start doing this, rise up against these thieves amongst us, then we can wash the image of Nigeria one 419 case at a time. Many DAs will love to use as many witnesses that can help their cases as possible. I'm waiting for an Opportunity for this in Dallas area and i'll be in court to testify if the DA decides to use me. We are tired of Nigeria being dragged to the mud. Some of us has never stolen another man's dime and yet Nigerians are being given a bad name. The problem with Nigerians is "show off" mentality, he wants to make money at all cost so that he can go back to Nigeria and show everyone "He has arrived".

lol I see where you're going with this. . . .oti re emi gan.

But character witness? You must have been in on the scam to be a witness, no?
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Ranoscky(m): 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2010
@ileke-idi

i agree with u b'cos of the word "most" that u used on ur 1st post comment! 20% of flygerians abroad make their money in a normal way while 80% of flygerians abroad wants to make fast money. all in the name of painting naija red when they arrive. no better job for abroad dat is why u see dem commiting all sorts of crime!
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by r231(m): 2:09pm On Jul 19, 2010
Ranoscky:

@ileke-idi

i agree with u b'cos of the word "most" that u used on your 1st post comment! 20% of flygerians abroad make their money in a normal way while 80% of flygerians abroad wants to make fast money. all in the name of painting naija red when they arrive. no better job for abroad dat is why u see dem commiting all sorts of crime!

where did you get the stats from pls

if i may ask
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2010
r231:

where did you get the stats from pls

if i may ask
It's a theoretical stat. Not too far from the truth, IMO.
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 19, 2010
LeoMax:

If you're a Nigerian that has left or never left the Nigerian soil. . . .  you have no right to claim any kind of revenge on the white man because of slavery.
Were you enslaved? Was your family enslaved? Do you have an AA blood? Yes? No?

Then have a seat!
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by r231(m): 2:15pm On Jul 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

maybe the ones you guys knw

just cus 33 nigerians abroad try to scam/scam pple

authomatically means 80% of nigerians abroad do the same thing abi
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 19, 2010
r231:

maybe the ones you guys knw

just cus 33 nigerians abroad try to scam/scam pple

authomatically means 80% of nigerians abroad do the same thing abi

Is this the first of this kind you've heard?

Even a Nigerian priest is dirty. . . .

A Catholic priest accused of embezzling about $200,000 from two Crawford County parishes and the Diocese of La Crosse entered an Alford plea to reduced charges Wednesday.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-481048.0.html
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by r231(m): 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Is this the first of this kind you've heard?

Even a Nigerian priest is dirty. . . .

A Catholic priest accused of embezzling about $200,000 from two Crawford County parishes and the Diocese of La Crosse entered an Alford plea to reduced charges Wednesday.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-481048.0.html

no its not

but this happens a lot in 9ja as well

most of those guys sitting 24hrs online at the cafe trying to scam pple as well

including so called Govts

even pple from 9ja try to scam me on diff occasions

so going back to your statement earlier about thats how pple abroad make money

would it be fair if i say the samething about Nigeria? (but i won't) cus regardless its my fatherland
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 19, 2010
r231:

no its not

but this happens a lot in 9ja as well

most of those guys sitting 24hrs online at the cafe trying to scam pple as well

including so called Govts

even pple from 9ja try to scam me on diff occasions

so going back to your statement earlier about thats how pple abroad make money

would it be fair if i say the samething about Nigeria? (but i won't) cus regardless its my fatherland

So you're calling it a Nigerian thing? that its embedded in our blood?

Yea, I love Nigeria too. But I'll talk when need be? Should I continue to look down and play blind while the things like these are going on?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-481051.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-481052.0.html
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by r231(m): 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2010
charity begins at home cheesy

since you digging up threads

let me draw your attention to this one; https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-481018.0.html

i guess you didn't see it abi
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2010
r231:

charity begins at home cheesy

since you digging up threads

let me draw your attention to this one; https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-481018.0.html

i guess you didn't see it abi
Oh, I did, my dear. I was about posting it, depending on your next [this] reply. cheesy

What charity? Saving face is not going to happen.
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by r231(m): 3:08pm On Jul 19, 2010
^^^^why did you change name
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 19, 2010
r231:

^^^^why did you change name
Because I knew that you'd like this one.
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by r231(m): 3:29pm On Jul 19, 2010
hehehehehehe

yes i do
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 19, 2010
lol
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by bkbabe90(m): 4:03pm On Jul 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

grin grin grin cheesy Most of the names are not even posted, so dnt get your hopes up.

FYI, in the face of International, no one cares abt  tribes. . . .so. . . .

lol,  kiss kiss kiss

http://www.silive.com/northshore/index.ssf/2010/06/34_swept_up_in_staten_island-b.html

Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by bkbabe90(m): 4:15pm On Jul 19, 2010
List of Nigerians(Defendants) Indicted
Kazeem Badru
220 Osgood Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10304
DOB: 3/16/1972
Top Count: Enterprise Corruption (PL 460.20)
Additional Charges: Two Counts of Att. Grand Larceny- 4th Degree (PL 110/155.30), Att. Falsifying Business Records- 1st Degree (PL110/175.10), Three Counts of Grand Larceny- 3rd Degree (PL155.35), Criminal Possession of a Forged Instrument- 2nd Degree (PL170.25), Three Counts of Grand Larceny- 2nd Degree (PL155.40), Money Laundering- 2nd Degree (PL470.15)

Ganiu Rilwan
240 Park Hill Avenue
Staten Island, NY10304
DOB: 5/22/1964
Top Count: Enterprise Corruption (PL460.20)
Additional Charges: Two Counts of Criminal Possession of a Forged Instrument- 2nd Degree (PL170.25), Criminal Possession of Stolen Property- 4th Degree (PL165.45), Three Counts of Grand Larceny- 4th Degree (PL155.30), Four Counts of Grand Larceny- 3rd Degree (155.35), Three Counts of Att. Grand Larceny- 4th Degree (PL110/155.30), Att. Falsifying Business Records- 1st Degree (PL110/175.10), Three Counts of Grand Larceny- 2nd Degree (PL155.40), Money Laundering- 2nd Degree (PL470.15)

Okoronkwo Okechukwu a/k/a Ikeena a/k/a Obinna Okoronkwo a/k/a “OT” a/k/a “O-Town”
30 Parkview Loop
Staten Island, NY10314
DOB: 1/16/1978
Additional Charges: Six Counts of Grand Larceny- 3rd Degree (PL155.35), Nine Counts of Grand Larceny- 4th Degree (PL155.30), Six Counts of Att. Grand Larceny- 4th Degree (PL110/155.30), Three Counts of Conspiracy- 5th Degree (PL105.05), Scheme to Defraud- 1st Degree (PL190.65), Criminal Possession of a Forged Instrument- 2nd Degree (PL170.25), Three Counts of Att. Grand Larceny- 3rd Degree (PL110/155.35), Three Counts of Criminal Possession of Stolen Property- 4th Degree (PL165.45), Two Counts of Identity Theft- 1st Degree (PL190.80), Identity Theft- 2nd Degree (PL190.79)

Chukunenye Okpo a/k/a “Chuck”
59 Dehart Avenue
Staten Island, NY10303
DOB: 7/8/1983
Additional Charges: Three Counts of Grand Larceny- 3rd Degree (PL155.35), Five Counts of Grand Larceny- 4th Degree (PL155.30), Two Counts of Att. Grand Larceny- 4th Degree (PL110/155.30), Three Counts of Conspiracy- 5th Degree (PL105.05), Scheme to Defraud- 1st Degree (PL190.65), Three Counts of Att. Grand Larceny- 3rd Degree (PL110/155.35), Two Counts of Identity Theft- 1st Degree (PL190.80), Identity Theft- 2nd Degree (PL190.79)

George Brew a/k/a “OLA”
8759 Glenloch Street
Philadelphia, PA19136
DOB: 8/9/1978
Top Count: Enterprise Corruption (PL 460.20)
Additional Charges: Conspiracy- 5th Degree (PL 105.05), Grand Larceny-3rd Degree (PL 155.35), Grand Larceny-4th Degree (PL 155.30)

Samuel Montgomery a/k/a “ADE”
2525 Welsh Road
Philadelphia, PA19114
DOB: 3/27/1981
Additional Charges: Conspiracy- 5th Degree (PL105.05), Two Counts of Grand Larceny- 3rd Degree (PL155.35), Two Counts of Att. Grand Larceny- 4th Degree (PL110/155.30), Three Counts of Grand Larceny- 4th Degree (PL155.30), Criminal Possession of Stolen Property- 4th Degree (PL165.45)

Ishameel Lawandi a/k/a “ISH”
240 Parkhill Avenue
Staten Island, NY10304
DOB: 1/23/1981
Additional Charges: Five Counts of Criminal Possession of a Forged Instrument- 2nd Degree (PL170.25), Grand Larceny- 3rd Degree (PL155.35), Two Counts of Att. Grand Larceny- 3rd Degree (PL110/155.35)

Kanayo Unokiwe a/k/a “SAM”
43 Trantor Place
Staten Island, NY10302
DOB: 10/28/1979
Additional Charges: Att. Grand Larceny- 4th Degree (PL110/155.30), Two Counts of Criminal Possession of Stolen Property- 4th Degree (PL165.45)

Kolawole Adeolike a/k/a “K-Boy”
89 Arlington Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10303
DOB: (NO DATE OF BIRTH)
Additional Charges: Scheme to Defraud- 1st Degree (PL190.65), Two Counts of Grand Larceny- 3rd Degree (PL155.35)

Corey Mills
280 Parkhill Avenue
Staten Island, NY10304
DOB: 1/14/1989
Additional Charges: Criminal Possession of a Forged Instrument- 2nd Degree, Three Counts of Att. Grand Larceny- 3rd Degree (PL110/155.35)

John Doe #1
Top Counts: Enterprise Corruption (PL460.20)
Additional Charges: Scheme to Defraud- 1st Degree (PL190.65), Two Counts of Att. Grand Larceny- 4th Degree (PL110/155.30)

Alexias S. Cartews a/k/a “LEX”
51 E. Park Street
East Orange, NJ07017
DOB: 6/22/1977
Additional Charges: Two Counts of Grand Larceny- 3rd Degree (PL155.35), Conspiracy- 5th Degree (PL105.05)

Kevin Marshall
1410 Parkchester Road
Bronx, NY10462
DOB: 7/24/1980 (CHECK THE YEAR)
Additional Charges: Two Counts of Grand Larceny- 3rd Degree (PL155.35), Five Counts of Grand Larceny- 4th Degree (PL155.30), Two Counts of Att. Grand Larceny- 4th Degree (PL110/155.30), Two Counts of Conspiracy- 5th Degree (PL105.05), Scheme to Defraud- 1st Degree (PL190.65), Two Counts of Identity Theft- 1st Degree, Identity Theft- 2nd Degree

John Doe #2
Additional Charges: Grand Larceny- 3rd Degree (PL155.35), Three Counts of Att. Grand Larceny- 3rd Degree (PL110/155.35)

Jane Doe #1
Additional Charges: Three Counts of Grand Larceny- 4th Degree (PL155.30), Criminal Possession of Stolen Property- 4th Degree (PL165.45)

Ayodele Rosiji
100 – 23 198th Street
Hollis, NY11423
DOB: 8/2/1988
Additional Charges: Three Counts of Att. Grand Larceny- 3rd Degree (PL110/155.35), Conspiracy- 5th Degree (PL105.05)

Ethel Jones
5515 West Market
Greensboro, NC27409
DOB: 7/17/1984
Top Count: Grand Larceny- 4th Degree (PL 155.30)

Kelechi Ekwegh a/k/a “KC”
272 Maple Parkway
Staten Island, NY10303
DOB: 6/8/1979
Top Count: Grand Larceny- 3rd Degree (PL155.35)
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by r231(m): 4:32pm On Jul 19, 2010
i hope dey have enough change left in their pocket for when they toss them bck to 9ja
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by mrkoma2012: 4:40pm On Jul 19, 2010
Trust 9ja folks 2 milk d cow dry till dey get caught, not defending there action + most 9ja fols abroad are hard working peps onlw a few slow pokes who give d rest a bad name
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by dayokanu(m): 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I agree with you, Its not far from the truth when we are referring to Ekiti women in Florida
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by teskyg: 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2010
OMO Naija, This guys are smart.
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Ranoscky(m): 7:00pm On Jul 19, 2010
Naija no dey carry last. bad as e bad, dem go see draw! d 1st man wey dey dat pix na confirm ibo man, no doubt!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

56 Yr Old Man And His 13 Yr Old Step Daughter Paraded Naked After Being Caught / Court Rescinds Judgement Against Edirin Oghenejode In Wife Battery Case / Stop "jungle Justice"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.