Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,388 members, 7,836,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " (876 Views)

Feminist Allegedly Loses Husband To Her Non Feminist Friend / "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri / Women Did Not Come From Men's Ribs - Nigerian Feminist Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 27, 2018
A feminist in the UK wasn't too happy with the tissue company called Kleenex because one of it product range has the word " Man size " on it.

The mother of one, Lisa, who is also a marketing executive took to Twitter to request that Kleenex Change its product to " extra large " to be more inclusive of women instead of " Man-sized"

I think it's a sensible decision but lots of men are angry and are commenting under the Hashtag #kleenexmansize . What do you think ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/LisaMHancox/status/1050377986497765376?p=v

Re: Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 27, 2018
Lots of reply but the most shared is a parody account that " hopes" to fix Kleenex's reply

Re: Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " by ifyalways(f): 12:28pm On Oct 27, 2018
When people chop belleful, no NEPA wahala, no ritualist and one chance bus to worry about, they ultimately chere chi ha aka mgba .

The problems of people without real problems.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " by Ranchhoddas: 12:37pm On Oct 27, 2018
ifyalways:
When people chop belleful, no NEPA wahala, no ritualist and one chance bus to worry about, they ultimately chere chi ha aka mgba .

The problems of people without real problems.
First time I am deriving any sort of pleasure from reading your comment.
Re: Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " by 2kurupt(m): 1:22pm On Oct 27, 2018
That lady is lying thru her teeth.
Re: Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " by lilmax(m): 3:25pm On Oct 27, 2018
lol feminist, joke of the decade
Re: Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " by abdulaz: 4:36pm On Oct 27, 2018
I am still waiting for one feminist to complain so that they will change the club Man U to person U. grin

Feminists and misplaced priorities
Re: Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " by Ishilove: 5:07pm On Oct 27, 2018
These people are happy and well fed. They are so comfortable that they go around looking for something to complain about
Re: Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " by carammel(f): 5:21pm On Oct 27, 2018
Woman should also be changed to "woperson" and women to "wopeople".
Thanks.
Re: Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 27, 2018
Her surname is Han-Cox

It should be Han-Vaj angry
Re: Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " by babyfaceafrica: 6:30pm On Oct 27, 2018
seeking cheap publicity stunt
Re: Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " by darlenese(f): 6:58am On Oct 28, 2018
mensuration should be changed to Womensration

menopause should be womenopause

hymen should be Hywomen

and this number mentality should be called womentality
Re: Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:38am On Oct 28, 2018
Feminists are menace everywhere
Re: Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " by 2buffagain(m): 7:36pm On Oct 29, 2018
Ok. But bring a short man now for these same feminists to date and they will say "ewww" grin
Re: Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " by bukatyne(f): 11:00pm On Oct 29, 2018
I find it amusing that the company listened to one person's complaint and acted on it.

Will they do this for every random complaint or is the lady influential?

I find the mansize odd anyways. A better word would have been kingsized.

Never heard mansize undecided
Re: Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " by Seahawk: 2:39am On Oct 30, 2018
She’s right. And the company took the right step.

You people finding issues with her post are the real problem.

Man size. What does that even mean?
What about women who are bigger than men?
Wil they have a special big-woman size for them?

There was no reason to specifically label ordinary tissue man or woman size. The use isn’t gender specific. Anyone can use it. They were the ones creating problems and gender division where there should have be none.
Re: Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " by crackhaus: 7:01am On Oct 30, 2018
bukatyne:
I find it amusing that the company listened to one person's complaint and acted on it.

Will they do this for every random complaint or is the lady influential?

I find the mansize odd anyways. A better word would have been kingsized.

Never heard mansize undecided
This is probably why you're not into product branding. What is the difference between man-size and king-size?

By the way, you've never heard of man-size clothing before?
Re: Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " by bukatyne(f): 8:19am On Oct 30, 2018
crackhaus:

This is probably why you're not into product branding. What is the difference between man-size and king-size?

By the way, you've never heard of man-size clothing before?

@bold:

You are right, I am not into product branding however, king-size sounds better to me.

Just like Indomine hungryman size sounds better than hungryking size.

What is man-size clothing? When they say man-size clothing, I can't even picture a size in my head.
Re: Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 30, 2018
Feminism and madness are surely cousins. undecided

1 Like

Re: Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " by crackhaus: 8:59am On Oct 30, 2018
bukatyne:

@bold:

You are right, I am not into product branding however, king-size sounds better to me.

Just like Indomine hungryman size sounds better than hungryking size.

What is man-size clothing? When they say man-size clothing, I can't even picture a size in my head.
At least we've dispelled the notion about you NEVER hearing of man-size before.

As for suddenly not knowing/picturing a size in your head when you hear "man-size", I take it you're like the 4yr old son of Lisa who has never taken classes in figures of speech. grin
While we can forgive the boy's juvenile understanding, I don't know what your excuse is.

Yea they changed it already, probably because they couldn't be bothered with the number of dumb women who would use the opportunity to unite and bring down their sales.
Lisa is a deceptive mother - capitalizing on her son's naivety and exploiting it for her own agenda. She could effectively have told her son that the same way there are king-sized beds and it's not only Kings who sleep on it, that is exactly how there can be man-sized tissues and it's not only men who use it.
Re: Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " by bukatyne(f): 10:00am On Oct 30, 2018
crackhaus:

At least we've dispelled the notion about you NEVER hearing of man-size before.

As for suddenly not knowing/picturing a size in your head when you hear "man-size", I take it you're like the 4yr old son of Lisa who has never taken classes in figures of speech. grin
While we can forgive the boy's juvenile understanding, I don't know what your excuse is.

Yea they changed it already, probably because they couldn't be bothered with the number of dumb women who would use the opportunity to unite and bring down their sales.
Lisa is a deceptive mother - capitalizing on her son's naivety and exploiting it for her own agenda. She could effectively have told her son that the same way there are king-sized beds and it's not only Kings who sleep on it, that is exactly how there can be man-sized tissues and it's not only men who use it.

First, I find your post rude.

Second, from my posts, it is obvious I Bukatyne have issues with the 'sound' of the word and not the 'meaning.'

I can't help what you understand from my posts so far which is clear to anyone reading it.
Re: Feminist request UK company change It product because It has "Man " by crackhaus: 11:09am On Oct 30, 2018
bukatyne:

First, I find your post rude.

Second, from my posts, it is obvious I Bukatyne have issues with the 'sound' of the word and not the 'meaning.'

I can't help what you understand from my posts so far which is clear to anyone reading it.

Rude? You know I can't be rude to you na, I apologize. No vex.

Having issues with the sound of the word and not the meaning is one hell of a confusing new clusterfvck twist Bukatyne...but I'm trying to not be rude, so I'll just let you be.

(1) (Reply)

Pretty Lady Recounts What A Good Joystick Can Do To Her / Are Male Children Overrated? / Man Celebrates His Differently-Abled Wife As She Gives Birth To Their Son (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.