Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:57 PM

Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity (6580 Views)

I Didn’t Go To Any Computer Centre” – Mmesoma Ejikeme Finally Opens Up / Mmesoma Ejikeme Opens Up After JAMB Accused Her Of Forging JAMB Result / Forbidden Truth About Christianity And The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by Exceldan: 10:30am On Oct 28, 2018
Frofet Muhammed can u see what you have caused? I hope you are happy in hell as you see your disciples preparing their way to come join you. But are the 700 virgins waiting for them beautiful? shocked sad
Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 28, 2018
musicwriter:
Africans it is time to grow up!.

Though white people brought us Christianity, but my ongoing research shows that they're completely rational with it. In below interview, a retired priest opens up on the truth about Christianity.

You good African Christians, watch this two minutes video and you'll understand just how stupid we could be in Africa.

His words ''Religion is meant for control. It's a mind control business.

Hell is to scare you to submission. I never believed in hell.

God is not a member of any religion.

The church don't like people to grow up, because if they grow up you can't control them anymore. People should ignore it and grow up.

God cannot be found in a book. The Bible or koran is simply man's estimation of God''.

Read that bible and koran, grab the message of empathy, kindness, humility, kindness, honesty, and throw the book away. If you die in religion, you die with a lie.

Save yourselves, come out of religion, don't die in the lie!!.

Catholic priest opens up on the truth about christianity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfd4xK72Nb4

undecided If a person learns empathy, kindness, humility, honesty from these books of religion, how is that a way of saving oneself from religion when it's the same religious book you have still recommended to be read to learn these noble qualities?! If such a person should die, in what has this person died after nuturing he or herself with this same books of religion so as to be honest, humble and e.t.c?

Why can't you recommend something to learn this virtues and defined in contrary to religion since religion is a lie, even the honesty learnt must be a lie too.
Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 28, 2018
Why do you guys always need a white man to validate your claims, can most of you not think by yourself? critical thinking is rare in Nigeria

Africans always needing the validation of white people for anything that is why most of you have inferiority complex when you see them

The best way is not to care about what he thinks, think for yourself and ask questions all the time even stupid ones, that way you free yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:22am On Oct 28, 2018
musicwriter:
Reading through some posts here I can see why religion has survived for thousands of years. Religion controls the mind of the believer with fear. It damages the critical thinking aspect of the brain.

Exactly if there was not a reward of heaven or a fear of hell some people would dump religion.
These two words heaven and hell has been used to keep people in check for years.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by yrex01(m): 11:38am On Oct 28, 2018
nathdim:
see world class mumu you think your religion is exceptional
Let me begin by asking have you seen your Allah b4
have u seen ur brain b4 ?
Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 28, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Exactly if there was not a reward of heaven or a fear of hell some people would dump religion.
These two words heaven and hell has been used to keep people in check for years.

Of which we can't deny the reality in our own HUMAN AFFAIRS whether we believe in religion or not, whether we believe in a heaven and hell or not.

There are laws in every human society which if broken evokes certain PENALTIES and if not broken, you are at PEACE with that society.

Can you explain why this checks, even in a country as the Atheistic Russia during Stalin and co set laws and with such consequences to put people under checks?!

LETS TALK ABOUT WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN THE RATIONALITY BEHIND SUCH A MANIFESTATION IN HUMAN AFFAIRS AS ATHEISTIC AS CAN BE, YET ITS NOT DEVOID OF PENALTIES AND REWARDS.

Why the penalties and rewards for our actions even in this earthly life? Is it to put us under check?

1 Like

Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by opribo(m): 11:49am On Oct 28, 2018
.....So why are we here in the first place. If there is no place to go from here and no punishment or reward for evil or good deeds.

Since I was born, I have never seen or heard that someone died and came back to say what lies beyond.
All I know is that different people are born everyday and everywhere, some into wealth snd abundance, some into abject poverty and hopelessness.

Some are born complete while some are deformed at birth and I wonder why it should be so. Could it be we are been recycled. If yoi live good when you come back you are better and vice versa. Even as it stands now we are all living on borrowed time. Anything cam happen at anytime.
Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by Lektu3(m): 11:54am On Oct 28, 2018
you see why i can never attain catholic church
Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by DrXavierCage(m): 11:59am On Oct 28, 2018
When Man found himself in this new environment, I.e the earth, an environment he was new to, he hoped to find solace in the elements, He praised the tree for giving him fruit, He worshipped the Rivers that quenched his thirst, He worshipped the Sun, Trying to pacify the great red monster in the Sky so that he won't be Scorched.

This is the Origin of Organized Religion, Fear of the unknown, Man was Afraid of his Environment, so he formed Religion.

3 Likes

Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by nathdim: 12:19pm On Oct 28, 2018
yrex01:
have u seen ur brain b4 ?
it's possible through science and technology but your case is worser because you are suffering from mental slavery mental slavery is caused by religion

1 Like

Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by taretoofine(m): 12:21pm On Oct 28, 2018
EVILFOREST:

NOTHING ELSE caught your attention except the apple...
Please what else can you make out of my inference...??
Hope you know that “you are a product of your environment “.........

Hope you know that it is easier to deceive people than to convince them that they have been deceived.
I didn't post APPLE, you did..every little facts are important in this discussion. Moreso, I'm the Creator"s creation not a product of the environment, the creator has given man earth(environment) to replenish, subdue and dominate Gen 1:28. Except an individual does not know who he is, he becomes a product of his environment..Im getting deep, hope you understand
Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by fuckboys: 12:48pm On Oct 28, 2018
well, to me, anybody who believes theres this almighty
God up somewhere staring at us and listening to prayer and does not believe superman can be real too, is a BIG FOOL
Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by fuckboys: 12:59pm On Oct 28, 2018
i'm very enlightened abou this religion of a thing since i was 18. But i just love those who created it, there're bleeping genius. Imagine a sec if religion wasn't created, humans are wild animals and would probably have gone into extinction before government was created
Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 28, 2018
It is complex to understand, but it is true that the God that Christians and Muslims and any other organized religions worshiped were created, designed, propagated from Vatican by Entities whose brains are larger than the human brain and function millions of times higher than human intellects.

Every organized religion is a fraud, even the orthodox science is a religion and is fraud.

To know the Truth, unlearn all that your religions and science taught you, and start from the scratch to study what you are, using meditation and silence.

The truth shall set you free.
Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 28, 2018
fuckboys:
i'm very enlightened abou this religion of a thing since i was 18. But i just love those who created it, there're bleeping genius. Imagine a sec if religion wasn't created, humans are wild animals and would probably have gone into extinction before government was created

Very Good observations.
Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by musicwriter(m): 1:59pm On Oct 28, 2018
WORDWORLD:

undecided If a person learns empathy, kindness, humility, honesty from these books of religion, how is that a way of saving oneself from religion when it's the same religious book you have still recommended to be read to learn these noble qualities?! If such a person should die, in what has this person died after nuturing he or herself with this same books of religion so as to be honest, humble and e.t.c?

Why can't you recommend something to learn this virtues and defined in contrary to religion since religion is a lie, even the honesty learnt must be a lie too.

You're assuming that message of kindness, humility, empathy, originated in the Bible? Or that it could only be found in the Bible? You can't be serious!!.

The Bible is made up of myths, history, lies. So, like every other book, after reading it, you take what make sense and discard the rest. Of course, message of empathy, kindness, humility, patience, could be found from other sources. Message of empathy, kindness, humility, was written into the Bible in less than 2,000 years NOT derived from the Bible. Humanity has been on this earth for at least 13 million years practising kindness, humility, patience, empathy, before the Bible or Koran.

When you eat banana you don't eat it with the banana peel. You remove the peel and eat the banana. The problem with religious people is that they behave like kids eating banana with the peel.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by tarbug: 2:19pm On Oct 28, 2018
Religion or no religion... There is God ..
Man know ur God n serve him in spirit n truth
Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by tunary(m): 2:36pm On Oct 28, 2018
nathdim:
see world class mumu you think your religion is exceptional
Let me begin by asking have you seen your Allah b4
lol na really world class mumu
Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by Bloooody(m): 2:53pm On Oct 28, 2018
yrex01:
shattap, don't drag Muslim to this !!
terrorsit
Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by honestmike(m): 2:53pm On Oct 28, 2018
religion isn't entirely bad. teaches you to have hope no matter how bleeped up things are( praying for a miracle). but some leaders abuse it and use their followers to carry out evil against our fellow man just because they chose not to question anything(zombies).

religion is here to stay in this country. just like corruption. quit wasting energy describing color to the blind.
Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by Snixdave113: 3:09pm On Oct 28, 2018
Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by yrex01(m): 4:47pm On Oct 28, 2018
Bloooody:
terrorsit
sorry !!
Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 28, 2018
musicwriter:

You're assuming that message of kindness, humility, empathy, originated in the Bible? Or that it could only be found in the Bible? You can't be serious!!.
IP
The Bible is made up of myths, history, lies. So, like every other book, after reading it, you take what make sense and discard the rest. Of course, message of empathy, kindness, humility, patience, could be found from other sources. Message of empathy, kindness, humility, was written into the Bible in less than 2,000 years NOT derived from the Bible. Humanity has been on this earth for at least 13 million years practising kindness, humility, patience, empathy, before the Bible or Koran.

When you eat banana you don't eat it with the banana peel. You remove the peel and eat the banana. The problem with religious people is that they behave like kids eating banana with the peel.

Eyah! I have not made any assumption s here. How did you come to such a conclusion?

Its you who on one side have called religion a lie yet have still refered to religious books to learn this ethics. That's my point. ITS NOT THAT DIFFICULT TO COMPREHEND WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN.

Take your time and read it again.

WORDWORLD:

WHY STILL RECOMMEND THESE RELIGIOUS BOOKS IF RELIGION IS A LIE?
WHY CAN'T YOU RECOMMENED SOMETHING ELSE OTHER THAN THESE RELIGIOUS BOOKS SO AS TO ENSURE THAT HUMANITY IS TRUELY SAVED FROM THE "LIE" CALLED RELIGION.
Very straight forward question.
Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 28, 2018
No matter your stage of enlightenment, you can never be CERTAIN that what you hope to be true is truth. Knowing this prevent you from subscribing to labels like xtain, atheist etc. You become free, open minded and ready to grasp possibilities cause they abounds.

Take a look at this vast multiverse, it's bigger than you can ever imagine. It has no end; and earth in which we reside is like a tiny grain of sand. Trying to comprehend what lies at the other side can spin your mortal mind.

There could be no god, there could be god. The moment you take a stance, your journey to discover ends. The moment you ascribe yourself with a label, you live your whole life trying to defend that belief and seeking arguments that supports even when it's false.

When cognitive dissonance sets in, you find yourself starting from scratch, all over again, trying to find your feet and asking, "What is life?"

Religion was made, but there is more we are yet to know and when it gets unveiled, you will marvel at its wonder. Keep an open mind and run from labels.

Peace!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by musicwriter(m): 7:44pm On Oct 28, 2018
WORDWORLD:

Eyah! I have not made any assumption s here. How did you come to such a conclusion?

Its you who on one side have called religion a lie yet have still refered to religious books to learn this ethics. That's my point. ITS NOT THAT DIFFICULT TO COMPREHEND WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN.

Take your time and read it again.

WHY STILL RECOMMEND THESE RELIGIOUS BOOKS IF RELIGION IS A LIE?
WHY CAN'T YOU RECOMMENED SOMETHING ELSE OTHER THAN THESE RELIGIOUS BOOKS SO AS TO ENSURE THAT HUMANITY IS TRUELY SAVED FROM THE "LIE" CALLED RELIGION.
Very straight forward question.

I think you got me wrong from the beginning. I didn't mean to recommend the Bible as the only source to learn empathy, kindness, humility. What I mean is that once you've read the Bible and have grabbed the message of empathy, love, kindness, you should throw away the book because every other thing; such as paying your tithe, going to church, Jesus as savior, heaven, hell are all chaff.

I couldn't have recommended someone to go read the Bible as the source to learn good virtues because non-Christian countless like Finland, Japan, Norway, Sweden, are rated as being more honest, law abiding, and happier because they have more of those good virtues than Christian nations.
Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 28, 2018
Musicwriter, the point am making is this. Its very, very simple logic.The moment you still had to advice that empathy, honesty, and other noble ethics can be learnt from these religious books it can only mean that this teachings from this religious books has RELEVANCE and hence, your statement that RELIGION IS A LIE AND ONE SHOULD SAVE ONE'S SELF FROM 'RELIGION' is in itself not a TRUE STATEMENT but a FALLACY OF COMPOSTION.
Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by musicwriter(m): 7:55pm On Oct 28, 2018
WORDWORLD:
Musicwriter, the point am making is this. Its very, very simple logic.The moment you still had to advice that empathy, honesty, and other noble ethics can be learnt from these religious books it can only mean that this teachings from this religious books has RELEVANCE and hence, your statement that RELIGION IS A LIE AND ONE SHOULD SAVE ONE'S SELF FROM 'RELIGION' is in itself not a TRUE STATEMENT but a FALLACY OF COMPOSTION.

We rational thinkers don't say you shouldn't do good because it is written in the Bible or koran. Do good whether you find it in the Koran or Bible.

The Bible is mostly chaff. Reading the Bible every day will make someone very stupid. Take the good message and throw away the book for your own good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 28, 2018
tarbug:
Religion or no religion... There is God ..
Man know ur God n serve him in spirit n truth
Let us assume that "God" exists,did he tell u by himself that he wants to be served or acknowledged, what if ur service to him makes no difference,this is another lie we have all been fed

1 Like

Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 28, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Only God knows who has got true salvation.
Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 28, 2018
musicwriter:

We rational thinkers don't say you shouldn't do good because it is written in the Bible or koran. Do good whether you find it in the Koran or Bible.

The Bible is mostly chaff. Reading the Bible every day will make someone very stupid. Take the good message and throw away the book for your own good.

Brother, I get your main point which is about doing good and always. Cheers!
Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by celwonder(m): 9:03pm On Oct 28, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

AND THE BIGGEST OF FOOLS (YOU'RE AN EXAMPLE) BELIEVE THE NONSENSE WITHOUT ANY VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE.

MUSLIMS ALSO EXPERIENCE THEIR GOD PERSONALLY. HINDUS EXPERIENCE ALL THEIR MULTIPLE GODS PERSONALLY.
ALL YOUR EXPERIENCES ARE AS A RESULT OF YOUR ANTICIPATION AND EXPECTATIONS TO EXPERIENCE WHATEVER YOU WANT TO BELIEVE IN. IT DOESN'T MAKE THOSE THINGS TRUE.
OTHERWISE, HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN HOW ALL THE PASTORS IN NIGERIA EXPERIENCED THE SAME GOD, WHO GAVE THEM DIFFERENT, CONTRADICTING INSTRUCTIONS TO ESTABLISH THEIR OWN PERSONAL MINISTRIES AND PREACH CONFLICTING DOCTRINES?
HOW IS IT THAT WHAT CHRISTIANS CALL EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD DIFFER ACCORDING TO EACH BELIEVER?

HOW COME ONLY BELIEVERS EXPERIENCE EVIL MANIPULATIONS?

SERIOUSLY THERE'S SO MUCH FREEDOM IN BEING IRRELIGIOUS. LIFE GETS EASIER AND EVERYTHING SUPERSTITIOUS JUST GOES AWAY.. INCLUDING WITCHES AND DEVILS. grin

CHRISTIANS BELIEVE THAT EVERYONE IS WRONG EXCEPT THEM... BECAUSE THEIR PARENTS TOLD THEM SO. grin

its very much possible for me to respond to you in antagonistic pattern but it won't doany good. it would only prolong d discussion & ur confusion of Christianity and Religion.

The white man called it Christian Religion and by implications indirectly forced their pattern of life down to us instead of just the Gospel thereby demonizing the black man's pattern of life. From then till now, they vailed the black man's mind and that vail still exists in many minds.

The Bible can be of help if you philosophize just like the Retired priest & dat will still keep u within the walls of religion.

if you must philosophize, do it to the point where you question the question that questioned the question.

1 Like

Re: Retired Catholic Priest Opens Up On The Truth About Christianity by celwonder(m): 9:21pm On Oct 28, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THE SAME "IT'S BETTER TO BELIEVE AND DIE TO FIND OUT THERE'S NOTHING, THAN TO NOT BELIEVE AND DIE TO FIND OUT THERE'S SOMETHING" NONSENSE.

WHAT IF YOU'RE DYING IN THE FALSE VERSION OF LIE, AND WHEN YOU DIE YOU FIND OUT YOU'VE BEEN WRONG ALL ALONG, AND MOHAMMED IS THE TRUE GOD. OR BAAL, OSIRIS, ODIN, OR ANY OF THEM?

THERE ARE OVER 3000 GODS WORSHIPPED BY HUMANS TODAY, AND THEIR BELIEVERS BELIEVE THEY'RE THE ONE TRUE RELIGION.

THE ODDS ARE NOT IN YOUR FAVOUR, CHRISTIANS, AND Y'ALL NEED TO STOP LIVING A LIE.

u lack understanding. even a Muslim won't call Mohammed God but Prophet - they will refer to Allah as God. 4u to even mention baal means u listen to history but dnt understand. For u to mention Odin and d rest means u bliv in myth.

my take in all is that, you are not even certain of ur own identity. You are just in ur first true phase of rationalization (philosophy). You seek answers to issues using logical reasoning not knowing that logical reasoning itself is helpless.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures And Views Of Funaab (federal University Of Agriculture Abeokuta / Never Write An Application Letter Like This / This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.