Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop (34424 Views)

Same-sex Couples: Pope Was Misquoted By Enemies Of D Church - Archbishop Kaigama / Revd Michael Olusegun Is The New Methodist Church Archbishop Of Abuja / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by carrascocity(f): 11:23pm On Oct 29, 2018
enemyofprogress:
why you come resemble one witch for my village

Na me
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by Antichristus: 11:26pm On Oct 29, 2018
This Archbishop from hell never heard of Daddy Freeze? Over to Daddy Freeze, abi na Daddy Freezeer, for a powerful rejoinder.
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by semyman: 11:30pm On Oct 29, 2018
No tithes and offerings no Christianity
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 29, 2018
this is scammers thread. let me leave before some sheeple will attack me
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by abdulaz: 11:32pm On Oct 29, 2018
Tithe is now the new tax.

I weep for my racecry
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by odudueffiom(m): 11:33pm On Oct 29, 2018
Sorry sir wat do u want to use tithe for??
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by IMASTEX: 11:33pm On Oct 29, 2018
Anything goes for that country
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by buzorcharles(m): 11:34pm On Oct 29, 2018
THIEF ole carry am go
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by Kaycizzl: 11:45pm On Oct 29, 2018
Don't mind them.. crazy ppl.. it never used to be like this in the Catholic church.. things have fallen apart.. And it's getting to naija already

1 Like

Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by mudiana(m): 11:55pm On Oct 29, 2018
Wonderful statement and it won't happen, even if Buhari was a Christian.
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by CodeTemplar: 12:10am On Oct 30, 2018
What about cases where the tither isn't qualified to tithe biblically like a man who is keeping malice with his neighbor? The bible already warns us not to pay tithes when we keep malice and bitterness. This shows the bishop is probably after the money and not the tithe payers salvation or welfare. Preachers dont ook at the heart again.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by Franklyine: 12:18am On Oct 30, 2018
CodeTemplar:
What about cases where the tither isn't qualified to tithe biblically like a man who is keeping malice with his neighbor? The bible already warns us not to pay tithes when we keep malice and bitterness. This shows the bishop is probably after the money and not the tithe payers salvation or welfare. Preachers dont ook at the heart again.
All they want is money not salvation, next question is how they will deduct money from business men and women?
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by akilo1: 12:22am On Oct 30, 2018
Daddy freeze where are thou? Waiting for your confirmation
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by federalgoddey(m): 12:22am On Oct 30, 2018
Plz read Deut.14
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by enemyofprogress: 12:32am On Oct 30, 2018
carrascocity:

Na me
no wonder
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by Sleekfingers: 12:33am On Oct 30, 2018
MediahelmNGR:
The Archbishop of Kampala , Cyprian Kizito Lwanga , has suggested that the government of Uganda deduct tithe from workers ’ salaries .
Speaking during a mass, the Catholic Archbishop said many Christians don’t tithe and this affects church projects, reports Citizen Kenya .
“Whenever we ask for tithe , everyone gives only what they have at that time . But the Bible says a tenth of whatever you earn belongs to the church ,” said Archbishop Lwanga .
“ Give me your support as I front this proposal because it is good for us . Aren ’t you tired of putting money in the baskets all the time ?”

Archbishop Lwanga said he wanted Uganda to go the German route , where Germans , who are registered as Catholics , Protestants or Jews have a church tax ( Kirchensteuer ) of 8- 9 per cent deducted from their annual income .

“I was told Germans made agreements with their government to deduct monthly tithe from their salaries and forward it to the church and this money they use to build and renovate their churches ,” he added .
https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/10/government-should-deduct-tithes-from.html

Nigeria is the headquarter of tithes collectors.....

Learn from Nigerian pastors...and he will see how they will start giving tithes willingly like zombies....nigeria is the best place to learn the trick
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by Tonimordred(m): 12:35am On Oct 30, 2018
I tot as much,..b4 i think sey na man of God talk later kum see am sey na baba ajasco
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by micflo28(m): 12:52am On Oct 30, 2018
What is said in kampala better stays in kampala. We are struggling with 18k minimum wage in nigeria no need for more deduction from thieves in the pulpit

Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by Shikena(m): 1:06am On Oct 30, 2018
A Catholic archbishop for that matter? Where did he pull this rubbish from?
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by chiedozie198100: 1:30am On Oct 30, 2018
Catholics don't ask for tithe.

So take ur useless post n shove up ur ANUS.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 1:56am On Oct 30, 2018
MediahelmNGR:
The Archbishop of Kampala , Cyprian Kizito Lwanga , has suggested that the government of Uganda deduct tithe from workers ’ salaries .
Speaking during a mass, the Catholic Archbishop said many Christians don’t tithe and this affects church projects, reports Citizen Kenya .
“Whenever we ask for tithe , everyone gives only what they have at that time . But the Bible says a tenth of whatever you earn belongs to the church ,” said Archbishop Lwanga .
“ Give me your support as I front this proposal because it is good for us . Aren ’t you tired of putting money in the baskets all the time ?”

Archbishop Lwanga said he wanted Uganda to go the German route , where Germans , who are registered as Catholics , Protestants or Jews have a church tax ( Kirchensteuer ) of 8- 9 per cent deducted from their annual income .

“I was told Germans made agreements with their government to deduct monthly tithe from their salaries and forward it to the church and this money they use to build and renovate their churches ,” he added .
https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/10/government-should-deduct-tithes-from.html

For example, a single person earning €50,000 may pay an average income-tax of 20%, thus €10,000. The church tax is then an additional 8% (or 9%) of that €10,000 (€800 or €900) for a total of €10,800 or €10,900 in taxes From Wiki.

It is called church tax and NOT TITHE! 8-9% of your income tax and not 10% of your annual income. Someone is about to mislead people.
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by angolag(m): 2:08am On Oct 30, 2018
It's not advisable, Don't drag church into politics
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by CodeTemplar: 2:58am On Oct 30, 2018
This is one of the dullest suggestion i have ever heard. Thank God he isn't a Nigerian. Though I am ashamed he is a black man and human.
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by abbeyty(m): 3:28am On Oct 30, 2018
He must have smoked expired Jamaican weed before he came up with that suggestion

1 Like

Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by Empiree: 3:45am On Oct 30, 2018
amaniro:
TBH tithes is an old practice during the old Testament and something's in the old Testament were overhauled. Do we still kill sheep in order for God to forgive us?? No
tithe was the only thing they practised from Old Testament grin Tithe is not old enough but when it comes to following Old Laws, they say "it is old Laws for the Jews". See how they pick what they want from their Book?. Awon ole
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by emmaattack: 4:25am On Oct 30, 2018
That can not happen. Do you pay tax?
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by yemifez: 4:37am On Oct 30, 2018
see how the guy is well fed never the less he still wants the poor people 's money.... fear God!
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by Nobody: 4:39am On Oct 30, 2018
Kingosytex:
tithes, seeds, first fruits are now placed over virtues like justice, peace, love, kindness and mercy. if all these tithes, seed sowings and even tree plantings are removed, i doubt if some people will still be willing to do the work of the ministry
May you be blessed for this comment
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by Lovalovaphunmz(f): 5:00am On Oct 30, 2018
Haaaaaaa
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by joshsamuel(m): 5:35am On Oct 30, 2018
Rubbish talk
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by Soulsymbol99: 5:45am On Oct 30, 2018
Waiting for Daddy freeze 2 jump on this cool
Re: FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop by seasy: 5:53am On Oct 30, 2018
Na by force to pay tithe?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reverend Father Enyinnaya: How I Have Survived Women’s Pressure For 32 Years / Bishop Oyedepo's Prophetic Declaration For 2022 / Woman Pledges Daughter As Tithe In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.