Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship (58489 Views)

Trump To End Birthright Citizenship Before Leaving Office. / No, The Fourteenth Amendment Does Not Authorize Birthright Citizenship / Trump Vows To Terminate US Green Card Lottery Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by hustla(m): 4:43pm On Oct 30, 2018
Richdad50:
The most consequential President in the history of US after Abraham Lincoln.
When i hear of Trump, i see a man sold out totally for the future of his country. His love for his country overules the thirst for Liberalism and Globalism which has brought more damage to the world than good.
Show me one Leader in Nigeria who has done half of what Trumo has done in 2years.
See, the strenght of a country is dependent on the will power of its Leader. The physiological and psychological fragility of Buhari has fractured the economy and wellbeing of the country.
#Richdadnuggets

You have just used useless English to hide the absolute nonsense you wrote

You have made no sense and may God help you get some
Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by temmytanny(m): 4:46pm On Oct 30, 2018
ogbonti:

Shorrop there, what do you know about the 14th amendment?

This was meant to make African American former slaves WHO WERE BORN IN THE US to become full US, citizens..... it was not meant to grant citizenship to just anyone who bore a child in the US. This is why he will win at the supreme court. You think the man is stupid as CNN has made everyone believ? U wait n see

Lol, no time! puta!
Ogbono or wetin be your name? How will it get to supreme court? even if it gets there, you think say them mumu like you? write with your head and not a anus.
Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by hermesprogidy(m): 4:50pm On Oct 30, 2018
Oegbeyem1:
That is CNN programs you to do, to play the black card all the time when race has nothing to do with the topic of discussion. When you are a white man and you see a black man who is a thief, will you refrain from calling him a thief because you don't want to be called a racist. Trump has called many white people rogue and has called many blacks rogue, people like Trump don't care about skin colour. That is not racism. Antisemitic? Come on, I can't believe you are saying this. His son-in-law is Jewish and he's been the closest US president to Netanyahu and Israel. Trump might be an Islamophobe though but racist hell no, antisemitic hell no. I mean the guy is supported by prominent non-uncle Tom blacks like Ben Carson and Kanye West and CNN says he's racist.
You mean Kanye that said slavery was a choice and carlson that called slaves Immigrants? In every family, there will always be black sheep. Trump is not only racist, he's the new Hitler.
Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by sirBLUNT: 4:55pm On Oct 30, 2018
Mynd44:
Someone should please tell him he can't change the constitution with an executive order. He needs congress
then it means you don't even know the meaning of executive order

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by temmytanny(m): 4:57pm On Oct 30, 2018
sirBLUNT:
then it means you don't even know the meaning of executive order
google it
Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by blackgold2018(m): 4:58pm On Oct 30, 2018
grossintel:
Mr mindset, please go back to your village and start working your way through becoming the president. Haven't you heard the word Opportunity before? You can become anything you want to be Yes! But that greatly depends on alot of factors.
Africa will be great again when blacks like you refuses to asslick whites.
As you said "Your success nw depends on alot of factors" indeed.. You think those factors and opportunities are limited in Nigeria and are abundant in US abi.
Is it not same Nigeria people are making billions of naira? Even in recession period.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by baslone: 5:01pm On Oct 30, 2018
ollah2:

Thank you for this. Most Nigerians just love to hate, they don't want their fellow country men to progress. They want them to be on the same frustrated level so they can rant about the hardship of the country and evil government of Buhari led APC.

They won't make any move and they still hate and envy those that makes the move. Some were even happy a nairalander visa wasn't approved. The thread hit front page this morning

I thought I was the only one that noticed that envy/jealousy between his lines. grin

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by hustla(m): 5:05pm On Oct 30, 2018
Richdad50:
Those who watch CNN are ot doing themselves any favour. Foxnews gives you solid view of trumps america and not the usual emotional rascality of Fakenews CNN

Fox?
Lmao
Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by Richdad50(m): 5:26pm On Oct 30, 2018
You are Right
hustla:

You have just used useless English to hide the absolute nonsense you wrote

You have made no sense and may God help you get some

Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by killuminati(m): 5:46pm On Oct 30, 2018
baddosky1:

Nice!

All those omoluabeasts, I mean omoluabiiiis must return back to their south-eastern caves. (auto-correct really dislikes the word).

@bolded...anything free "including free education" is never worth it!
why are you backing like a dog bikini?? grin
Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by dejilag: 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2018
Good decision
Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2018
hermesprogidy:

You mean Kanye that said slavery was a choice and carlson that called slaves Immigrants? In every family, there will always be black sheep. Trump is not only racist, he's the new Hitler.
Ben Carson’s first full week as secretary of Housing and Urban Development got off to a rough start on Monday after he described African slaves as “immigrants” during his first speech to hundreds of assembled department employees. The remark, which came as part of a 40-minute address on the theme of America as “a land of dreams and opportunity,” was met with swift outrage online.

Mr. Carson turned his attention to slavery after describing photographs of poor immigrants displayed at the Ellis Island National Museum of Immigration. These new arrivals worked long hours, six or seven days a week, with little pay, he said. And before them, there were slaves.

That’s what America is about, a land of dreams and opportunity,’’ he said. “There were other immigrants who came here in the bottom of slave ships, worked even longer, even harder for less. But they too had a dream that one day their sons, daughters, grandsons, granddaughters, great-grandsons, great-granddaughters, might pursue prosperity and happiness in this land.

The left twist story like everyone is dumb. I'm still looking for what is derogatory about Ben Carson's statement. He made a decent comment.

What Kanye West meant was that black slaves should have fought back very hard and shouldn't have taken that shit for that long.

Black is just skin colour. Black is not family. In Kanye West's family, he's the only black, his wife is white, his children are mixed, so one can see where he's coming from, race today is just skin colour. People kill themselves anyhow in Chicago but most of it is blacks killing other blacks.

Trump cares about all Americans and not race. Democrats are trying to program blacks and make blacks vote for them by saying Trump and his republicans are racist when republicans were the ones who fought for blacks and ended slavery in America.
Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by Iamgrey5(m): 6:10pm On Oct 30, 2018
Roadto2019:

You know nothing. Blacks loving Trump has increased. Go to Instagram and not Twitter. Many are dumping Democrats and supporting trumps. I gave lots of videos of blacks,Hispanics supporting Trump. It is the media that painted him bad. Those calling Trump a racist are the one calling Kanye west a token negro for supporting Trump,so tell me who the racist is?
No they don't call kanye west a house Nigga for supporting Trump,

They labeled him that name for supporting Trump's ideology and policies

Policies that target ethnic minority unfairly

Ideology that promotes white supremacist
Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 30, 2018
blackgold2018:
Africa will be great again when blacks like you refuses to asslick whites.
As you said "Your success nw depends on alot of factors" indeed.. You think those factors and opportunities are limited in Nigeria and are abundant in US abi.
Is it not same Nigeria people are making billions of naira? Even in recession period.
Bro, keep quite and face the reality of life. What have you done to improve the condition of living of people around you? Comparing the average Nigerian to the corrupt billionaires shows you're just a kid with no real life experience behind a keyboard. You think it's easy to start from grass root, with no job or business capital and become someone in Nigeria? Yes! I don't think, I know! that those factors are extremely limited in Nigeria and abundant in the West. They have alot of facilities to help you actualize your dream (Student loan, Business loan, tax returns, pension that works, free Healthcare if you can't afford one, free education even far better than private schools, electricity etc) I know how brilliant and passionate I was and the physiological damage being Nigeria has done to me. Your not too young to start a revolution against bad government in Nigeria, you can start from your village and let me know how far in 10 years.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by kingthreat(m): 6:46pm On Oct 30, 2018
jagbajantus:

So, which one concern you for dis one? What do you mean "earn" it? What exactly does that mean?

Abi, you are simply just jealous of those that are doing it because you no fit do am yourself?
Get your wife or girlfriend pregnant and go to US and do am yourself. Don't get mad at those people that are doing it.
It is not only Africans doing it. They come from all countries - China, India, Europe, Brazil, everywhere.

The number is not as big as Trump says it is. He is only exaggerating for political purposes.
There are more important things for "real" Americans to worry about. And this is not number 1 or 2 or even 3 on the scale.
Trump is only stoking racism and bigotry. He really does NOT care about the real America or anyone, for that matter.
He cares only about himself. He lies. He cheats. He is selfish. He uses people. He uses racist and inflammatory rhetoric.
He does not give a damn about you or anyone from any sh*hole country. Any Nigerian who supports Trump is just ignorant of the facts.

If the baby's parents are Norwegian or Swedish, German, British or any "White" or European country, then it is OK with Trump but if they are from Africa, Mexico, Singapore or Malaysia, then Trump has a problem. He doesn't want them. This is all Trump politics. It has nothing to do with love of America. Wake your ass up and smell the coffee or the cocoa. You are being tricked and lied to.

Go and tell trump all that shyt. He doesnt give a furck. He wants a stronger immigration for his country and there is nothing your lame arse can do about that. And for the record, I have a US visiting Visa and a good job here in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by ogbonti: 6:49pm On Oct 30, 2018
temmytanny:

Lol, no time! puta!
Ogbono or wetin be your name? How will it get to supreme court? even if it gets there, you think say them mumu like you? write with your head and not a anus.

Insulting me is not substance. .... u certainly can't handle the truth.... let's wait n see
Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by Originalsly: 6:55pm On Oct 30, 2018
milehigh06:

Africans bash globalism without realising that without globalism,Africa woukd be no where...reason africs is making strides now is because you have young kids who are able to tap into the global market to enrich themselves financially and mentally and then extend such knowledge to their communities

I weep for Nigeria

What exactly do you mean by Africa is making strides?...and where would you think the West will be without Africa? Do you realize the West cannot stand without Africa?..do you ever stop for a minute to think why the West is building military bases in Africa?... why the Congo is soooo important?...or you believe all of this is to fight terrorists?...as they claim? Europe and the West is nothing without raw materials....Africa has what is needed for the 21st century...how we control is another matter.
Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by blackgold2018(m): 7:00pm On Oct 30, 2018
grossintel:
Bro, keep quite and face the reality of life. What have you done to improve the condition of living of people around you? Comparing the average Nigerian to the corrupt billionaires shows you're just a kid with no real life experience behind a keyboard. You think it's easy to start from grass root, with no job or business capital and become someone in Nigeria? Yes! I don't think, I know! that those factors are extremely limited in Nigeria and abundant in the West. They have alot of facilities to help you actualize your dream (Student loan, Business loan, tax returns, pension that works, free Healthcare if you can't afford one, free education even far better than private schools, electricity etc) I know how brilliant and passionate I was and the physiological damage being Nigeria has done to me. Your not too young to start a revolution against bad government in Nigeria, you can start from your village and let me know how far in 10 years.
You really mean a billionaire in Nigeria is corrupt or you must be corrupt b4 u attain to that level?? Are dem business men billionaires all corrupt. No got any legit?
Like I said it all falls on your mindset. A kid calling another a kid.. maybe a grown kid.
Yes our system have failed us but nw u don't hv to wait for the government to serve you food on your table you brilliant and passionate Nigerian.
Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by Originalsly: 7:05pm On Oct 30, 2018
Oegbeyem1:
lol. How can you imply that Trump is a dictator. America is not North Korea, not Libya, not Nigeria. In America the law/constitution reigns supreme not the President. Americans insult Trump (the most powerful president in the world) to his face everyday, how many Nigerians could insult ordinary Abacha to his face

Never implied Trump is a dictator. ... read again. He is trying to be....but restricted by the constitution. No doubt...US and Nigeria may have similar laws when it comes to freedom of speech...the difference....enforcement....the difference...US Citizens rise up....Nigerians complain to each other or pray. He wants to end right to citizenship....but not sure if he can do so by executive order and that's the hold up...he is restricted.
Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by Roadto2019: 7:06pm On Oct 30, 2018
Iamgrey5:
No they don't call kanye west a house Nigga for supporting Trump,

They labeled him that name for supporting Trump's ideology and policies

Policies that target ethnic minority unfairly

Ideology that promotes white supremacist

That is what am saying. I said those people are the real racist not Trump.
Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by blaise26abj(m): 7:08pm On Oct 30, 2018
AZeD1:

Citizenship by birth is not a choice. The US is the only country I know of that requires it's citizens working outside the country to pay tax so any child born in the US would have to pay taxes to the US irrespective of where they work and reside unless they renounce their US citizenship.

You are right. I was schooled on that by a friend. People don’t realize that. Their children will pay taxes in both Nigeria and US. Smart Nigerians in US don’t want their citizenship. They want permanent residency and prefer that. Once you hold the US citizenship you must pay taxes even if you work on the moon.
Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by djmadridal: 7:14pm On Oct 30, 2018
Unlimited22:
Lots of less stressful countries to immigrate to legally jare.

Like??
Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2018
blackgold2018:
You really mean a billionaire in Nigeria is corrupt or you must be corrupt b4 u attain to that level?? Are dem business men billionaires all corrupt. No got any legit?
Like I said it all falls on your mindset. A kid calling another a kid.. maybe a grown kid.
Abeg shift, tell me one billionaire in Nigeria who is not in anyway affiliated with politics, Church and oil? What Business do they do? You think you can make 1 billion naira from salary? Even if you earn 1.6m or 55 thousand naira daily, it will take you 52 years to make just 1 billion. IN 52 years! So yes 99.9% of Nigerian billionaires are extremely corrupt! The remaining 00.1% where inherited from a corrupt billionaire father. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by Unlimited22: 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2018
djmadridal:

Like??
The hell?
Student route Canada, Germany, Ireland.
PR route Canada, Australia, New Zealand.
The USA isn't even in my top 5.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by temmytanny(m): 7:22pm On Oct 30, 2018
ogbonti:

Insulting me is not substance. .... u certainly can't handle the truth.... let's wait n see

grin grin grin grin
Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by ogbonti: 7:34pm On Oct 30, 2018
kingthreat:

Go and tell trump all that shyt. He doesnt give a furck. He wants a stronger immigration for his country and there is nothing your lame arse can do about that. And for the record, I have a US visiting Visa and a good job here in Lagos.

Pleasee don't mind him. A man is trying to do the best he can for his country as the president, some silly people here, whose president Mumumadu does not care about and who are being raped, shamed and killed daily by acolytes of the APC, instead of holding their governments "feet to to the fire" and demand that their president becomes more responsible, they are here educating the president of America on what and what not to do for his country.. for real? Is like some Americans fighting over Buhari and insulting him for putting Nigeria first. All this your anger should not be to Trump, please channel it to the so called leaders you spend all your most of your time shouting SAI BABA and ATIKULATE, that have looted your pasts, present and future... those are the people you should be angry with. Who have mortgaged your collective destiny and making Nigerians roam around the corners of the earth like cursed people looking for citizenship from countries that don't know if you exist, or care if you are roasted to death. ..... please people, the world reads stuff on the Internet, not only Nigerians read Nairaland, please have some pride, respect yourselves, enuff said.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by ogbonti: 7:39pm On Oct 30, 2018
grossintel:
Abeg shift, tell me one billionaire in Nigeria who is not in anyway affiliated with politics, Church and oil? What Business do they do? You think you can make 1 billion naira from salary? Even if you earn 7 million per month you'll have to work 142 years to make 1 billion naira, you need to earn 20million monthly or 666 thousand naira daily to make 1 billion naira in [b]50 years! [/b] So yes 99.9% of Nigerian billionaires are extremely corrupt! The remaining 00.1% where inherited from a corrupt billionaire father. undecided

Sir, that's false

Simple math, you need to make 54,795 naira daily, not 666,000 daily to make about 1 billion naira in 50 years!
Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 30, 2018
ogbonti:

Sir, that's false

Simple math, you need to make 54,795 naira daily, not 666,000 daily to make about 1 billion naira in 50 years!
Thanks bro, God bless. That broda wan vex me this evening angry

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by hustla(m): 7:55pm On Oct 30, 2018
Richdad50:
You are Right

K
Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by blackgold2018(m): 8:14pm On Oct 30, 2018
grossintel:
Abeg shift, tell me one billionaire in Nigeria who is not in anyway affiliated with politics, Church and oil? What Business do they do? You think you can make 1 billion naira from salary? Even if you earn 7 million per month you'll have to work 142 years to make 1 billion naira, you need to earn 20million monthly or 666 thousand naira daily to make 1 billion naira in 50 years! So yes 99.9% of Nigerian billionaires are extremely corrupt! The remaining 00.1% where inherited from a corrupt billionaire father. undecided
Your statistics are wrong bro. I kno of a Dozzy group ex employee that was building his own business empire from his salaries he earned till he resigned to concentrate in his business(and many more similar cases)

How do u think innoson started? There're many more to mention a few. Don't even fu*ckin say I don't know there full story but they'l tell won't we want to hear.
Business adventure are not for nerds or for the lazy. What do you even think it's corruption?.

I'm from the east bro. Believe me with experience i have seen and witnessed billionaires that have made it through simply importing goods alone legitimately.

Sabi you won travel out, abi u won born your pikin outside the country. You can leave Nigeria in peace abeg... nw please leave my a** alone.
Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by akigbemaru: 8:16pm On Oct 30, 2018
mabelly:
Great news... All these our politicians, artists and co running to the US to give birth to their children so they can have dual citizenship will end.

Re: Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by akigbemaru: 8:20pm On Oct 30, 2018
Cantonese:

But let's be very honest. These people worked hard to get their countries to the levels they presently are. Why can't our own leaders fix our country and stop this issue of abandoning our country?

Most Asian countries do not grant citizenship to people of other countries. Do not hope as a black man to get citizenship of Asian and Arab countries. Why should people of those countries go to the USA and request for citizenship? Fair must be fair.

Nigerians in India and Malaysia do not have rights. Visas for Nigerians cannot be extended on expiration in Malaysia, yet Indians living in Nigeria hold dual passports. Can you get an Indian passport as a Nigerian? Yet Indians in the USA and Europe hold passports of those countries. I agree with Mr. Trump on this. It takes two to tango I submit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Difference Between Trump And Clinton Brilliantly Summed Up In One Cartoon / British Soldier Beheaded In Woolwich, London / White House Staff To Move Out The Obamas & Move In The Trumps In 6 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.