Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,530 members, 7,850,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:26 AM

At The Verge Of Break Up - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At The Verge Of Break Up (2302 Views)

5 Advantages Of Break-up\heartbreak. / Ever Being A Victim Of Break-ups That Actually Hurts? How Did You Get Thru It. / Early Signs Of Break Up. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The Verge Of Break Up by Faher(m): 3:51pm On Jul 21, 2010
^^^ Correct

It's supposed to be a two-way street.
If you want a platonic relationship, don't take his money
And stop treating s3x as a favor, if you don't want it, don't have a boyfriend.
Re: At The Verge Of Break Up by 1one: 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2010
I won't quote anybody in my response here even though i've bn reading some rather myopic and very lame comments, its unfortunate to think that some pple equate a woman's "kitty" to material expenses, who says a girl should give up her virginity/sexuality to a guy just because the guy spends on her, does it mean the guy is only spending on her to get paid back in "kitty kind", this kind of eqution is only common between aristos and their partners not in a thriving,"heading for the alter" relationship,i think its just an unfortunate misconception to think that a woman has nothin else to offer apart from her sexuality,to estimate a woman's worth solely on her sexuality is a yardstick common only to the subjects of the darwanian theory. when adam saw eve,he said this is "the bone of my bone,the flesh of my flesh", he saw the inside first before the outside, i think a woman's inate qualities should be proprietary over her physical attributes and the sex that comes with it, if i claim to love a girl then i should be willing to give "freely",nt exactly expecting anythin in return,selfless giving is a major projectory of true love, ofcourse it's a two way street,but if as a guy i'm demanding sex from my gal which according to her standards, are far more than her ability to pay then i'm no longer loving but just trying to manipulate her to satisfy my primal needs.In summary every woman has a right to protect her sexuality,the only hands that stand above this right are the hands of her husband, IF HE'S NOT READY TO WAIT TO FIT INTO THIS "HUSBAND CIRCLE", he could as well stick his leaking manliness in a bucket of cement.SIMPLE!
Re: At The Verge Of Break Up by Faher(m): 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2010
^^^ You're on a very long thing
You never jam some women: taking your money and screwing behind your back.
Re: At The Verge Of Break Up by afrobaby(f): 4:13pm On Jul 21, 2010
I must really confess that am highly disappointed in some responses.

@poster, If the guy can be bold enough to threaten u that if u dont allow him have his way with what he wants, while still in a relationship, I wonder what he will use to threaten you when u are married, I will advise U to talk to him, tell him u are not ready for that, and if he can't hold on until u are ready, then tell him to leave.
I wonder why u are scared of leaving him, if he has the gut to threaten leaving you for anoda chick, then baby girl, drop him. Cos when u are married, dia are so many arguments that u will encounter, will he always threaten to leave the house or send u packing all the time
Think twice, Many broken relationships is better than a broken marriage
Re: At The Verge Of Break Up by luap: 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2010
Hold on, you said you don't have sex with him because you love him?

Are u a virgin or did you have sex with others that U do not love, but found someone you love and want to be a born again virgin?
Re: At The Verge Of Break Up by kpolli(m): 9:24am On Jul 22, 2010
1one:

I won't quote anybody in my response here even though i've bn reading some rather myopic and very lame comments, its unfortunate to think that some pple equate a woman's "kitty" to material expenses, who says a girl should give up her virginity/sexuality to a guy just because the guy spends on her, does it mean the guy is only spending on her to get paid back in "kitty kind", this kind of eqution is only common between aristos and their partners not in a thriving,"heading for the alter" relationship,i think its just an unfortunate misconception to think that a woman has nothin else to offer apart from her sexuality,to estimate a woman's worth solely on her sexuality is a yardstick common only to the subjects of the darwanian theory. when adam saw eve,he said this is "the bone of my bone,the flesh of my flesh", he saw the inside first before the outside, i think a woman's inate qualities should be proprietary over her physical attributes and the sex that comes with it, if i claim to love a girl then i should be willing to give "freely",nt exactly expecting anythin in return,selfless giving is a major projectory of true love, ofcourse it's a two way street,but if as a guy i'm demanding sex from my gal which according to her standards, are far more than her ability to pay then i'm no longer loving but just trying to manipulate her to satisfy my primal needs.In summary every woman has a right to protect her sexuality,the only hands that stand above this right are the hands of her husband, IF HE'S NOT READY TO WAIT TO FIT INTO THIS "HUSBAND CIRCLE", he could as well stick his leaking manliness in a bucket of cement.SIMPLE!

so y do prostitutes have jobs??
Re: At The Verge Of Break Up by adaybola(f): 11:41am On Jul 22, 2010
1one:

Of course you are right! Take your time and read the post very well. You will get the in-depth understanding of the situation. She’s worried he’s now refusing to spend his cash on her as he used to. When I was very young, my parents warned me never to collect material gifts from guys just becos of this reason. As I grew older, I understand more and why. Let’s be reasonable pls, how many men would spend so much on you and all he gets is “thanks with a kiss and smile”?? It would have been soo good, if she had not accepted all his gifts which he gave to her in the “name of love”. This guy has the gut to tell her “I will get it else where if you don’t give me”. If I were to be in her shoes, I would just leave his silly a$$. Tell me, if you were to be a woman, would you take such nonsense from a guy? How dare he open his mouth to say that to her. Simple! Becuz he feels she owes him that, “a kind of obligation”!

Most men reason that way, better don’t accept their gifts if you ain’t gonna give it to them.
Re: At The Verge Of Break Up by jaybee3(m): 11:48am On Jul 22, 2010
adaybola:

Of course you are right! Take your time and read the post very well. You will get the in-depth understanding of the situation. She’s worried he’s now refusing to spend his cash on her as he used to. When I was very young, my parents warned me never to collect material gifts from guys just becos of this reason. As I grew older, I understand more and why. Let’s be reasonable pls, how many men would spend so much on you and all he gets is “thanks with a kiss and smile”?? It would have been soo good, if she had not accepted all his gifts which he gave to her in the “name of love”. This guy has the gut to tell her “I will get it else where if you don’t give me”. If I were to be in her shoes, I would just leave his silly a$$. Tell me, if you were to be a woman, would you take such nonsense from a guy? How dare he open his mouth to say that to her. Simple! Becuz he feels she owes him that, “a kind of obligation”!

Most men reason that way, better don’t accept their gifts if you ain’t gonna give it to them.
Simples tongue tongue Magic words . . . . . . .  well, most times  tongue tongue
Re: At The Verge Of Break Up by apache77(m): 6:01pm On Aug 02, 2010
Shag him, its not because he has tasted the pudding that he will leave, if he sees that u have nuthin else to offer asides the $ex, he will leave.if he ses that theres more to u dan the $ex, he'll be the one who will kip coming back. y do u gals always assume we'l take off after tasting the koko?
Re: At The Verge Of Break Up by madejibo: 6:48pm On Aug 02, 2010
@ poster what really is your fear? I am a guy and most guys will behave like dat only dat ur boyfriend was bold enough to tell u what he might do if he does not get s.ex from u. Most guys will just go ahead and be sleeping around without u knowing. If u are not a virgin then really I don't see ur excuse if u claim u love him, move on and let's see what the next guy will do or ask for. I really don't understand your fear babe.
Re: At The Verge Of Break Up by snthesis(m): 7:45pm On Aug 02, 2010
a guy cud wait till marriage 4 a virgin even at dat he'll probably wnt to test the theory cos no one likes to hear cock & bull story on his wedding night.
but for a non virgin -i doubt if that wud work, no guy likes to be a mugu

- d problem is d signs are always clearly written if a guy is a chop and go type, but most oftentimes, chics ar often beclouded by emotions or greed.

my advice is take some time off, think thru ur r/shp- do not tink abt wat u stand to lose else u'll b desperate and end up giving in to a wrong guy. if ur head & heart says yes go ahead- if not waka fast fast!
am glad u cud share stuff like dis wit ur mom- i guess dat shws a form of resposibility-cheers best of luck wink
Re: At The Verge Of Break Up by c7(m): 9:00pm On Aug 02, 2010
@10ne & afrobaby.
Confirm,just wats on my mind. . .
Re: At The Verge Of Break Up by deefact: 9:10pm On Aug 02, 2010
@ poster, u should have define it from the beginning that you don't want s*x, now that he has spent a lot, do u want to dump him?

he is a man, may be his friends might be laughing at him, think about dat,

am so sorry about that,i agree with you, cos some guys will go extra length including emptying their account just to get a girl, especially when she says no to s*x  and feels she is too much, men are proud u know,call him and have a quiet talk with him,make him understand how u feel and stop receiving gifts from him, if he is urs he will surely respect ur feelings and endure, after all love endures,
Re: At The Verge Of Break Up by urehkanma: 2:55pm On Aug 03, 2010
girl let him go cos am telling you this out of experiences ok? do exactly wat your mum advices you. bye
Re: At The Verge Of Break Up by StChristina(f): 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2010
Why c'nt most men,stop d crude mentality of -if i spend on you,i xpct kitty in return.and this is d guy who wants to b ur future hubby,if he really loves u and wnt to marry you he 'l wait,abeg drop his ass jor.
Re: At The Verge Of Break Up by StChristina(f): 6:23pm On Aug 03, 2010
Why c'nt most men,stop d crude mentality of -if i spend on you,i xpct kitty in return.and this is d guy who wants to b ur future hubby,if he really loves u and wnt to marry you he 'l wait,abeg drop his ass jor.
Re: At The Verge Of Break Up by Travelista(f): 6:46pm On Aug 03, 2010
Wow, there are a lot of low-life men and loose women on the prowl! So, because a man spends money on me, I'm expected to give up the goods? I'll let a man spend his whole paycheck on me and THEN ignore his phone calls. Know why? Because I can. If you feel that spending money on a woman equals getting your rocks off, you aren't dating but soliciting. Looking through this thread. . .so many people are exposing themselves for the world to see. Just a mess.

OP, the guy isn't serious. He wants to plow but hasn't purchased the field; na by force? Either his balls will burst from frustration or he'll respect your beliefs and wife you; if he can't do the latter, be on your way, my dear. The man is beyond barbaric and not worth the energy it took for you to create this thread; listen to your mother.
Re: At The Verge Of Break Up by kobikwelu(m): 6:59pm On Aug 03, 2010
Wow, there are a lot of low-life men and loose women on the prowl! So, because a man spends money on me, I'm expected to give up the goods? I'll let a man spend his whole paycheck on me and THEN ignore his phone calls. Know why? Because I can. If you feel that spending money on a woman equals getting your rocks off, you aren't dating but soliciting. Looking through this thread. . .so many people are exposing themselves for the world to see. Just a mess.

OP, the guy isn't serious. He wants to plow but hasn't purchased the field; na by force? Either his balls will burst from frustration or he'll respect your beliefs and wife you; if he can't do the latter, be on your way, my dear. The man is beyond barbaric and not worth the energy it took for you to create this thread; listen to your mother.

unfortunately, its called facing reality.

u can be the ostrich sticking only its head in a hole feeling its hiding.

i know its an ugly site, it aint pretty but thats life

if you know the dude wants the juice, DONT COLLECT HIS STUFF AND YOU WOULD HAVE THE MORAL HIGHGROUND TO MESS HIM UP

kip it up with the escapist postulates
Re: At The Verge Of Break Up by denzel2009: 7:08pm On Aug 03, 2010
What gave you the impression that he won't love you more after the sex?
Re: At The Verge Of Break Up by Travelista(f): 7:15pm On Aug 03, 2010
kobikwelu:

unfortunately, its called facing reality.

u can be the ostrich sticking only its head in a hole feeling its hiding.

i know its an ugly site, it aint pretty but thats life

if you know the dude wants the juice, DONT COLLECT HIS STUFF AND YOU WOULD HAVE THE MORAL HIGHGROUND TO MESS HIM UP

kip it up with the escapist postulates

No, that's your reality. Not everyone is going to feel the way that you do. What people are describing is hooking, plain and simple. Morality has nothing to do with the issue other than one person mentioned it and others parroted it back; some even repeated the sentiment word for word and I think that's hilarious but it goes off topic, so let's leave that alone. The OP is nothing more than a challenge to this guy; she should save herself the heartache and embarrassment and leave while she still can.
Re: At The Verge Of Break Up by Faher(m): 11:29pm On Aug 03, 2010
Travelista:

The words in bold aren't new. Your type prowl the whole Nigeria looking for mugus. I hope you don't come across a guy looking for vengeance. You'll vomit his paycheck by force. cheesy
Re: At The Verge Of Break Up by Travelista(f): 5:16am On Aug 04, 2010
Faher:

The words in bold aren't new. Your type prowl the whole Nigeria looking for mugus. I hope you don't come across a guy looking for vengeance. You'll vomit his paycheck by force. cheesy

grin grin grin

To be fair, I'm not the type to do such a thing but I'm [i]capable [/i]of doing so; most women are but you know that, don't you? wink

What I don't understand is if you are looking to spend money for cooch, why not just go to a hooker? You save money in the long, still add a notch to your bedpost and don't have to worry about a girl crying that you used her for some play.
Re: At The Verge Of Break Up by Faher(m): 6:35am On Aug 04, 2010
Travelista:

grin grin grin

To be fair, I'm not the type to do such a thing but I'm [i]capable [/i]of doing so; most women are but you know that, don't you? wink

What I don't understand is if you are looking to spend money for cooch, why not just go to a hooker? You save money in the long, still add a notch to your bedpost and don't have to worry about a girl crying that you used her for some play.

Quote of the day, haha cheesy grin
You could have added one night stands or flings to that also. They save you money and time in the long run too.
One would need some class and style to pull it off regularly, but I prefer that to relationships when I'm in a really busy phase of my life or a bit broke.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Me Gay? Tufiakwa / Abusive Relationship / What R The Top Signs That, A Lady Loves A Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.