Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf (3093 Views)

Top 10 'dodgy' Contracts Awarded Under Brf In Lagos State / My Letter To Governor "Brf" On "Social Amenities Maintenance Proposal" / Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by DisGuy: 3:00pm On Jul 20, 2010
bitterpill:

This is the beauty of democracy: the opportunity to criticise your elected leaders and change them at intervals with better people.

Back to you poster, WHO do you have in mind that can replace Fashola and outperform him especially in all these areas where he has 'failed'? Waiting for your recommendations please.

Unfortunately the situation in lagos is almost like that of a communist state! No criticism even if you are suffering in your 'little area' or you get 'when the govt/private sector is done with Lekki then they will concentrate on other areas' reminds one of China
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by Kobojunkie: 3:03pm On Jul 20, 2010
yemmight:

You dont expect your silliness to overshadow every other person here.  I hope you don't expect me to support or back your posts.
umm . . . what are on about now?

yemmight:
If you think very well you should know that development is a gradual process and that is why we have budgetting systems.  Every districts, wards, LGA's has representatives.  When representatives in your localties have done thier jobs very well, your areas will be covered adequtely in terms of development.  So you must think maturely before you post unresonable points.

Dude, I know you folks turn EXPERTS as soon as your camp is challenged. . . that happens to be Nigerian mentality. I remember hearing very similar line of reasonings spewed till the very last minutes, and even death of Yar adua, for why he achieved next to nothing as a president.

You are not asked here to give us your theoretical take on how things work. The fact is the @Poster is here voicing his opposition. Telling him your end is good and so he should not complain is silly. Telling him his lot is not as bad as that of Nigerians in other places, and possibly people in sudan is ridiculous. Telling him that he does not deserve change right now because the process, as you figure in your head there, will get to him possibly years down the road is ludicrous.

So, again, take your own advice. Think maturely, heck, think before you post another one of them handicapped logics again. cheesy
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by DaddyO(m): 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2010
BRF is not perfect. He has his work cut out, a LOT of work yet to be done in the transformation of the state. Lagos is indeed a city in transition.

However, he is still a best of breed in our Nigeria of today  - commited, resourceful and purposeful. I remain impressed by his accomplishments within such a short timeframe.
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by lagbaja(m): 3:24pm On Jul 20, 2010
@forpeace

Just like others have a right to praise fashola, you also have a right to critic him for what you think he hasd failed to do. My only worry about your post is its lack of balance. you could have compared him with any previous governor of the state or any other state governor to drive home your point.
As it is,your post appear as a delibrate smear campain.

While you chose to pick a couple of bad roads to display, you delibertely refused to talk about the many roads that have been done and are still undergoing construction.We all know that it is not possible to fix all the bad roads all at the same time, it has to be one after the other as the resources to do them becomes available. In recent reports, Lagos have been described as one of the destinations around the world with the highest number of ongoing constructions. Have you been to the Mile2- Badagry Express Rd. recently, have u also seen the activities going on at the Eko Atlantic City (this is expected to increase the IGR of the state), what about the Lekki Express road, what about the several link roads on-going across the state.
Unfortunately, Lack of objectivity has taken away shine from your post
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by desgiezd(m): 3:34pm On Jul 20, 2010
bitterpill:

Back to you poster, WHO do you have in mind that can replace Fashola and outperform him especially in all these areas where he has 'failed'?

I'll help him. Obanikoro of course! LOL!!
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by realborn(m): 3:39pm On Jul 20, 2010
@ Poster,
Further to Kobojunlie's suggestion, I hereby declare 'your end is good'. take it in good faith.
e go beta. Naija wahala don tire person sef.

d truth of d mata b say, d poster (BRF antagonist) and BRF advocates all seem to be makin money. e be lyk say dem b PAs for dese guys. wetin cum b mai own 4 dia? mai onli prayer b say make everytin beta. i no wan sabi who go do am. person vote, vote, vote, person tire. anyways e beta pass as e dey b b4. but i believe say one day one day e go beta well well.
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by yemmight(m): 4:00pm On Jul 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

umm . . . what are on about now?

Dude, I know you folks turn EXPERTS as soon as your camp is challenged. . . that happens to be Nigerian mentality. I remember hearing very similar line of reasonings spewed till the very last minutes, and even death of Yar adua, for why he achieved next to nothing as a president.

You are not asked here to give us your theoretical take on how things work. The fact is the @Poster is here voicing his opposition. Telling him your end is good and so he should not complain is silly. Telling him his lot is not as bad as that of Nigerians in other places, and possibly people in sudan is ridiculous. Telling him that he does not deserve change right now because the process, as you figure in your head there, will get to him possibly years down the road is ludicrous.

So, again, take your own advice. Think maturely, heck, think before you post another one of them handicapped logics again. cheesy

I have not read any meaningful word in all these. I am not disappointed either because I never expected anything better.
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by Kobojunkie: 5:32pm On Jul 20, 2010
lagbaja:

@forpeace

Just like others have a right to praise fashola, you also have a right to critic him for what you think he hasd failed to do. My only worry about your post is its lack of balance. you could have compared him with any previous governor of the state or any other state governor to drive home your point.
As it is,your post appear as a delibrate smear campain.

Unless the @Poster probably lived during the times of the past great leaders in the same Lagos, I am certain we all know there are probably no other leaders to compare him with. Should that then stop the @Poster from venting on the state of roads and sanitation in his area? What exactly is the reason for why we continually call for these ludicrous comparisons when the message is made clear to us, in this case, the @poster is expressing his discontent at fact that the government has yet to do much in his own area. We need to think as humans here.

lagbaja:

While you chose to pick a couple of bad roads to display, you delibertely refused to talk about the many roads that have been done and are still undergoing construction.
Does he really have to do that? He said his roads have not been done. Does he really have to go into other people's backyards to search for roads that have been done when those in his backyard as a mess?

lagbaja:

We all know that it is not possible to fix all the bad roads all at the same time, it has to be one after the other as the resources to do them becomes available. In recent reports, Lagos have been described as one of the destinations around the world with the highest number of ongoing constructions. Have you been to the Mile2- Badagry Express Rd. recently, have u also seen the activities going on at the Eko Atlantic City (this is expected to increase the IGR of the state), what about the Lekki Express road, what about the several link roads on-going across the state.

Again with the comparing and the pontificating . . . come on now. If the gutter in front of your house has been stinking since 2000. Are you honestly going to tell me that you will come out to say, well since my next door neighbours gutter has been cleaned since 2001, it is all ok?

lagbaja:
Unfortunately, Lack of objectivity has taken away shine from your post

While, I am not in support of what the @Poster has said, the one here who is really not being objective is you. Being objective has NOTHING to do with giving up one's right to complain and speak up against what one considers unfair/absurd in ones situation. You wouldn't walk up to someone living in the streets of harlem and tell em that it is ok since Manhattan just over the bridge is alll lights and shine, would you? I do hope you don't get shot up if you actually attempt that.

ROFLMAO!!
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by seanet02: 6:01pm On Jul 20, 2010
enemies of progress are at work here again, never seen anything good in BRF and yet their great grand fathers ccn not rule a small ward efficiently not to talk of a Great State like Lagos. Shame on all antagonists of BRF. EKO ONI BAJE
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by xterra2(m): 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2010
@forpeace
Even if Fashola appoints commisioner of works who is acting mostly on govenors orders that wouldnt stop the looting and awarding dubious contratcs to his company PHYCOn or as you said, in other states the governors who steal from roads contarcts have to do it through commisioner of works so without the commisioner or not it would change anything with the intention of good or bad

I heard you criticism but can you tell me who you THINK is better ?
And by the way in a free and fair election in 2011 fashola would win he is loved by all not only lagosians,
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by ikeyman00(m): 10:28pm On Jul 20, 2010
ode rome
i love positive criticism it only make you work harder and stronger.
fact are some of our roads are deplorable during the raining seasons not only in Lagos, come to the fct and see 4 yourself, places like kubwa, dutse, gwarinpa at times.
@for peace if only you address the issue nationwide i will agree with you,
but you are never for peace, you are venting your anger on Lagos state.
that's where i take issue with you
[size=23pt]
nonesense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by gbengapro: 1:37pm On Jul 23, 2010
The poster didn't even go far enough. Fashola's government is a failure not only in roads but in education, youth employment, housing,public health care, poverty reduction,transparency, and security.

The truth is that most Lagosians are worse off in terms of quality of life than they were few years ago. He is in government to serve himself, serve Tinubu and do the basic and make the loudest noise.

Fashola's Govt has earned more revenue than Tinubu and Jakande combined. Where has he spent the money?

What is this noise about mega city? Have you noticed any significant improvements in Lagos? Flowers are already dying, roads are collapsing, brt buses are looking more like molues and the energy and drive he started with seems to have disappeared.
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by yemmight(m): 3:12pm On Jul 23, 2010
gbengapro:

The poster didn't even go far enough. Fashola's government is a failure not only in roads but in education, youth employment, housing,public health care, poverty reduction,transparency, and security.

The truth is that most Lagosians are worse off in terms of quality of life than they were few years ago. He is in government to serve himself, serve Tinubu and do the basic and make the loudest noise.

Fashola's Govt has earned more revenue than Tinubu and Jakande combined. Where has he spent the money?

What is this noise about mega city? Have you noticed any significant improvements in Lagos? Flowers are already dying, roads are collapsing, brt buses are looking more like molues and the energy and drive he started with seems to have disappeared.

You name should be changed to gbengapuro. The money paid to you by your financials must be large enough for this assignment.  Every poster here should realise that everyday numbers of people trooping in to Lagos are on the increase and all of us want basic infrastrutre which we can not enjoy in a day.  People like you won't even remember how CBD on the island used to look like those days and now.  People like you won't even see any development going on Lekki expressway and you won't notice the construction of a beautiful bridge linking Ikoyi to Lekki. You will also feel the relief BRT buses have brought to Lagosians.  For you to know, Ghana as a country sent a delegate to Lagos for one week to study and implement BRT buses in Ghana. I am not surprised because your face has been covered by the stolen funds given to you to rurbish BRF's government and year in year out he keeps getting best Gov awards. You must be a disappointment to this nation.
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by dacool1(m): 8:40am On Jul 24, 2010
His government has practically done notin. He was appointed to serve not 2 become a dictator all he has done is to renovate the roads so that the masses can travel out of lagos conviniently. He has destroyed everything that makes lagos the centre of excellence. Good job brf very soon you will beg and pay people to live in lagos. He has destroyed what people laboured for witout compensating them no employment opportunities, no education, health centre,absolutely nothing. What other agenda does he have? Let him just get out of there n stop oppressin the masses jare. Eko ti daru!
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by yemmight(m): 2:34pm On Jul 24, 2010
dacool1:

His government has practically done notin. He was appointed to serve not 2 become a dictator all he has done is to renovate the roads so that the masses can travel out of lagos conviniently. He has destroyed everything that makes lagos the centre of excellence. Good job brf very soon you will beg and pay people to live in lagos. He has destroyed what people laboured for witout compensating them no employment opportunities, no education, health centre,absolutely nothing. What other agenda does he have? Let him just get out of there n stop oppressin the masses jare. Eko ti daru!

Have ever been to Lagos?
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by femmy2010(m): 3:04pm On Jul 24, 2010
Dacool has definitely not been to Lagos to feel its Coolness.
Do soon.
Eko baje ti
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by ikeyman00(m): 7:00pm On Jul 24, 2010
yesssssss
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by Henrietta3: 11:38pm On Apr 03, 2011
Does anyone know where this road is and who is working on it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arewa Youths Want Release Of Al- Mustapha / Democracy Day Symposium At Banquet Hall Abuja - Live Updates / Frank Abagnale: True Life Story Of A Teenage Crime Lord And Impostor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.