Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,817 members, 7,817,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf (3091 Views)

Top 10 'dodgy' Contracts Awarded Under Brf In Lagos State / My Letter To Governor "Brf" On "Social Amenities Maintenance Proposal" / Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by forpeace: 2:13am On Jul 20, 2010
I have noticed a lot of new ID's created for this fashola propaganda and i ask myself why?

if fashola wants the people support he should

-work on building roads that wont collapse,

-address the sufferings of isolo-ikotun-idimu residents which his construction company PLYCOn has decideed to increase with their fraudulent road rehabilitation exercise in the area

-forget about the idea of increasing brt rates as an avenue to get money for his 2nd term bid. .the people already suffer from multi-taxation and they dont need more

-he should focus on delivering water to residents

-he should address the issue of pot-hole ridden roads all across lagos with the exception of some very few areas in VI and lekki which appear to be the only people fashola is concerned about

-he should focus on building new roads rather than use his company PLYC|ON to fraudulently excavate already exisiting roads only to poorly relay asphalt on them

I could go on and on. .my point is BRF is fraudulent. .he's doing a good job but i have come to the conclusion that all fashola's good deeds are for his selfish and personal interests. .

Any major contract that does not benefit him financialy have been stopped while billions are being diverted to contracts being undertaken by his personal companies run by his cronies.Which is why he made himself commisioner of works so he would be able to do as he pleases awarding contracts to PLYCON and his cronies without prying eyes.

BRF is a beneficiary of a well laid down political and administrative machinery sweated and conceived by the likes of tinubu and alake. .he has brought nothing to the table on his own.

I call him the rehabilitator because that's what he has been doing. .nothing new,nothing fresh in terms of ideas or projects.

Someone pls,prove me wrong.

I know THAT the over 30 NL id's that have been created towards BRF 2011 will come at me with a barrage of attacks but i dont care. .it is not i that matters.

Rather than waste your time on NL trying to court the support of the elite and diasporans you all should do a better job at administration and go to the streets to the common men and women whom you have abandoned. .

People are mystified by the instruments that come with the office of the Governor. .but noone gives a dead rat about babatunde Raji Fashola. .he's in a fools paradise and oma to ka loju e.
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by babapupa: 2:28am On Jul 20, 2010
How many times are you going to rewind and play the same tired and out of tune record?
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by forpeace: 2:32am On Jul 20, 2010
You are a fashola boy. .you can attack me here for saying the truth but one thing is clear. .ON THE DAY OF VOTING I MAY OR MAY NOT GO OUT. .Those that will go out to vote are not here on NL. .and i can assure you without fear of trash talk that they will not be voting for you. .all the people need is a worthy substitute and God shall give it to them.

Oya,1 BRF propaganda id down. . .29 more to go

LETS GOOOOOO DEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by babapupa: 2:34am On Jul 20, 2010
You must think I don't have better things to do with my time,

Have a good time,
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by forpeace: 2:43am On Jul 20, 2010
See pictures of egbeda-idimu road. .a road that had just a few potholes and nothing major was fraudulently excavated by BRF through his construction company PLYCON. This has thrown the residents of this area and environs into wails and tears as they are faced with traffic and car breakdowns everyday. .

BRF's choice for this area for this fraudulent  cant be unconnected to the fact that he sees them as a bunch of illeterates without voice that he can do as he pleases with.

The slow pace of work on this axis doesnt help matters. .

The people of this area had planned a mass protest in lieu of this road at a state event organised in the area a while back but fashola got wind of this plan and cleverly stayed away from the state event.

Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by forpeace: 2:46am On Jul 20, 2010
another pic of maximum suffering for no reason other than quick financial gains. . .with new roads left pending,rehabilitator looking for quick cash would rather rehabilitate

Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by forpeace: 2:47am On Jul 20, 2010
another one

Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by forpeace: 2:48am On Jul 20, 2010
one more

Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by forpeace: 2:52am On Jul 20, 2010
More pictures to follow in the days ahead
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by ziga: 2:56am On Jul 20, 2010
@ post

If u want to contest to be governor of Lagos 2011, then start your own campaign.

I don't think i'm the only person tired of all your smear campaign.

Abeg, organize your own campaign, make u become governor, and then we go see how u go perform.
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by MrFire: 2:57am On Jul 20, 2010
ojigbi jigbi jigbi. Eko ti baje tele tele! BRF is only baje-ing it finally.
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by forpeace: 2:59am On Jul 20, 2010
ziga:

@ post

If u want to contest to be governor of Lagos 2011, then start your own campaign.

I don't think i'm the only person tired of all your smear campaign.

Abeg, organize your own campaign, make u become governor, and then we go see how u go perform.

It is not about me or my own campaign. .i will make my campaign open if i want to contest but not yet. .i am not ready. . .i am just sick of all this BRF propaganda and trying to fool me. .i dont know about you but i hate to be toyed around with or played with. .pls feel my pain. .lagosians are being taken for a ride and this has to stop
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by femmy2010(m): 6:41am On Jul 20, 2010
Lagosian are no fool.
They know a job well done when they see one.
I reside in Abule-egba end of Lagos and only a blind man and a political prostitute wouldn't endorse BRF for another term.
Our many hitherto unpassable roads had be constructed and street light mounted.
I have seen road improvement job done at Ijana-ipaja to Gowon estate and the egbeda end of the road was expanded early last year to ease go slow.
No government can Do it all but Fashola has made us wonder where these money was b4.
Tell me a Local government in Lagos and I will get you pics of newly constructed roads.
Now I do believe that EKO O NI BAJE.
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by oderemo(m): 7:53am On Jul 20, 2010
i love positive criticism it only make you work harder and stronger.
fact are some of our roads are deplorable during the raining seasons not only in Lagos, come to the fct and see 4 yourself, places like kubwa, dutse, gwarinpa at times.
@for peace if only you address the issue nationwide i will agree with you,
but you are never for peace, you are venting your anger on Lagos state.
that's where i take issue with you.
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by desgiezd(m): 8:08am On Jul 20, 2010
forpeace:

-he should focus on building new roads rather than use his company PLYC|ON to fraudulently excavate already exisiting roads only to poorly relay asphalt on them

Any major contract that does not benefit him financialy have been stopped while billions are being diverted to contracts being undertaken by his personal companies run by his cronies.Which is why he made himself commisioner of works so he would be able to do as he pleases awarding contracts to PLYCON and his cronies without prying eyes.

In case you dont know, there is a government agency where such fraudulent practices as mentioned by you are reported, the people there would investigate and then prosecute the offender if found culpable. The name of that agency is Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), their Lagos Offices are located along Ribadu Road and along Awolowo Road, all in Ikoyi, please go there and lay your complains and stop boring us with your worn-out blabbings.

forpeace:

-forget about the idea of increasing brt rates as an avenue to get money for his 2nd term bid. .the people already suffer from multi-taxation and they dont need more

It is so appaling that you have come here to display you utter ignorance about some things in Lagos. For your information, the BRT rates that are to be increased from #50 and #100 to #70 and #120 respectively are the rates for the blue-coloured buses. The red-coloured buses do not charge #50. These blue-coloured buses are owned by the NURTW and they are financed for them by Ecobank. How then could Fashola increase their bus rates and use such to fund his election. Use your head, man, use your head, the people on NL are intellectuals.

forpeace:

-he should focus on delivering water to residents

You need to be lectured that 15 mini water projects were embarked upon by Fashola's administration. While about 6 or 7 of them have been commissioned, the remaining are in various stages of completion. Adiyan Water Works which is the main water works supplying water to most of Lagos metropolis has had its output increased almost to full capacity because the facility now has Oando as an independent power company supplying power to it 24 hours daily.

Try and listen to news on television and get informed about happenings aroound you.
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by TMemos: 8:19am On Jul 20, 2010
forpeace:

You are a fashola boy. .you can attack me here for saying the truth but one thing is clear. .ON THE DAY OF VOTING I MAY OR MAY NOT GO OUT. .T[b]hose that will go out to vote are not here on NL. [/b].and i can assure you without fear of trash talk that they will not be voting for you. .all the people need is a worthy substitute and God shall give it to them.

Oya,1 BRF propaganda id down. . .29 more to go

LETS GOOOOOO DEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR

Could you expantiate on the bolded? I have been voting during all elections since June 1993 and I know there should be other Nairalanders who vote during elections.
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by hatch: 8:24am On Jul 20, 2010
#forpeace
Welcome back,for once I thought you had compromised your position by accepting a political appointment in the BRF goverment.
Go get a life boi and stop wailing here.
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by Daddybee: 8:53am On Jul 20, 2010
You are nothing but an apologist. I would have taken u serious if u had written d whole piece without being biased. Tell me, all the money Tinubu is flaunting around is his father's money, abi? U ppl should get serious.
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by yemmight(m): 10:46am On Jul 20, 2010
@ poster,

You are level of reasoning is 0. All what you and your supporters are saying here is just road, road.  Have u thought of any other basic need of citizens? Have we ever voted Fashola to come and repair only roads? Do you know how many roads we have in Lagos?  If the roads in your area have not been fixed, does that means the Gov is not performing? If you need to criticize you must do that fairly.  Answer this question.  In Nigeria as at today, which of the Governors can you compare Fashola with in terms of performance? Be objective.
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by Kobojunkie: 11:39am On Jul 20, 2010
yemmight:

@ poster,

You are level of reasoning is 0. All what you and your supporters are saying here is just road, road. Have u thought of any other basic need of citizens? Have we ever voted Fashola to come and repair only roads? Do you know how many roads we have in Lagos? If the roads in your area have not been fixed, does that means the Gov is not performing? If you need to criticize you must do that fairly. Answer this question. In Nigeria as at today, which of the Governors can you compare Fashola with in terms of performance? Be objective.
This is where I take offence with your reasoning myself. Why does the @Poster who has explained that he has seen little progress in his small area of this state, need to compare his plight to that of people in the REST OF THE WORLD? Why? What next? Will you urge him to compare his plight with that of people living in hot zones of Afghanistan next? ROFLMAO!!
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by forpeace: 11:58am On Jul 20, 2010
@kobojunkie:i must apologise first because sometimes i get confused as to whether ure partisan but now i see ure neutral and highly objective in the course of a better nigeria. . To the rest ure only making up the numbers of BRF supporters numbering 30 with the exception of abt 2 objective pple i will respond to in my next thread.
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by forpeace: 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2010
@ode-remo: pls permit to base my criticisms on lagos because this is where im from,where i live and do my business. .why would i be bothered abt oyo as i have no business there?. . .you also mentioned the issue of floods. .i understand floods occur but this problem ive posted is not an issue of natural flood but corruption aided flood. .there was an existing dual carriage way with nothing but a few minor potholes which could have easily been filled but the BRF govt excavated the road and approved the rehabilitation to his personal company PLYCON and has thrown residents of the area into pain and anguish. .the quality of work that hithero existed is far better than the rubbish PLYCON is doing at a snail pace
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by forpeace: 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2010
@ Yemmilight : Contrary to what you might want to belief BRF is not the most performing Governor in Nigeria.he has only been a sponsor of a media cabal headed by the sacked Azu of punch potraying his governance in a larger than life form. .

there are people like rotimi ameachi,mimiko and others doing well with the little resources they have

If you also observe carefully,in the first two years of his administration we witnessed a great number of commissioning. .sadly,these projects were all uncompleted projects by the previous administration. .what significant road or bridge or edifice has he started and finished by himself? the answer is NONE. .Pl,anyone should pove me wrong.
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by forpeace: 12:50pm On Jul 20, 2010
@desgiezd : You suggested i take my complaints to the EFCC. . .have you so quickly forgotten that fashola already has a lot of petitions there for him to answer the moment immunity dissapears?

The FACE of lagos petition with a lot of strongly worded allegations has been left ignored by him since. .silence to me is admittance of guilt. .i would have expected that as a lawyer he would be so anxious and quick to clear himself of all the wrongs. .but instead he has remained silent like a guilty foul.

even Gbenga daniel when faced with damaging publications from Dipo Dina of blessed memory always took it upon himself to reply to each and everyone.

BRF remains quiet. .i am not desperate to see Tunde in cuffs but things must change for the better and the lies,media deceit must stop.

You also mentioned the bus fare increase. . .do you want to deny knowledge of the fact that the blue buses are owned and maintained by LAGBUS a parastatal headed by Tunde Disu under the authority of the Governor of Lagos state and answerable to the EXCo? ?Do you think im some little boy you can concort facts to?

fashola and disu can do all the corruprtion and mago mago they like in the name of PPP. .My God doesnt sleep. .lagos will be redeemed from these crooks
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by yemmight(m): 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

This is where I take offence with your reasoning myself. Why does the @Poster who has explained that he has seen little progress in his small area of this state, need to compare his plight to that of people in the REST OF THE WORLD? Why? What next? Will you urge him to compare his plight with that of people living in hot zones of Afghanistan next? ROFLMAO!!

So because he has seen little or no improvement in his small area now amount to the Governor not performing? His he representing the masses in Lagos State. Even you should reason well with his comments.
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by desgiezd(m): 1:26pm On Jul 20, 2010
forpeace:

@desgiezd : You suggested i take my complaints to the EFCC. . .have you so quickly forgotten that fashola already has a lot of petitions there for him to answer the moment immunity dissapears?

The FACE of lagos petition with a lot of strongly worded allegations has been left ignored by him since. .silence to me is admittance of guilt. .i would have expected that as a lawyer he would be so anxious and quick to clear himself of all the wrongs. .but instead he has remained silent like a guilty foul.

even Gbenga daniel when faced with damaging publications from Dipo Dina of blessed memory always took it upon himself to reply to each and everyone.

BRF remains quiet. .i am not desperate to see Tunde in cuffs but things must change for the better and the lies,media deceit must stop.

You also mentioned the bus fare increase. . .do you want to deny knowledge of the fact that the blue buses are owned and maintained by LAGBUS a parastatal headed by Tunde Disu under the authority of the Governor of Lagos state and answerable to the EXCo? ?Do you think im some little boy you can concort facts to?

fashola and disu can do all the corruprtion and mago mago they like in the name of PPP. .My God doesnt sleep. .lagos will be redeemed from these crooks

Even if Fashola replies your allegations, would it be better than when he has EFCC to confront? Allegations cna never be too much, you can add yours to those already on ground.

For the BRT, please try and ask questions from relevant quarters. I still maintain that those blue buses belong to NURTW and they were financed for them by Ecobank. They pay for the facilities you mentioned including the special lanes earmarked for them.
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by yemmight(m): 1:30pm On Jul 20, 2010
forpeace:

@ Yemmilight : Contrary to what you might want to belief BRF is not the most performing Governor in Nigeria.he has only been a sponsor of a media cabal headed by the sacked Azu of punch potraying his governance in a larger than life form. .

there are people like rotimi ameachi,mimiko and others doing well with the little resources they have

If you also observe carefully,in the first two years of his administration we witnessed a great number of commissioning. .sadly,these projects were all uncompleted projects by the previous administration. .what significant road or bridge or edifice has he started and finished by himself? the answer is NONE. .Pl,anyone should pove me wrong.

As much as I will agree with you on one fact that politicians have ways of sponsoring some people in the media houses, I however disagree with you on comparison you made btw Mimiko, Amaechi and Fashola.  Now you said Fashola embarked on uncompleted projects to complete them.  If you were a Governor would you rather start new projects or complete some uncompleted good projects? I still don't agree with your reasonings.
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by Kobojunkie: 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2010
yemmight:

So because he has seen little or no improvement in his small area now amount to the Governor not performing? His he representing the masses in Lagos State. Even you should reason well with his comments.

Actually, YES!! He did not vote for the government to fix your side of the state and ignore  his side of the same state. He does not have to represent the masses in Lagos state to make that point.

I wish you would follow your own advice there. Reason before you comment so people like me would not have to point out the sillyness in your reasoning. That your own side of the state or house gets 24/7 electricity or free money from the government does not imply those who do not enjoy the same cannot and have no right to complain. Every man casts a vote for a reason, not so you can enjoy good roads and services while the rest do not. If he feels he has been wronged, let him speak out and get his woes heard by the right authorities( I suspect they are already online since we have some lagos capers on nairaland for about a year now). THINK THINK THINK!!!
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by DisGuy: 1:38pm On Jul 20, 2010
yemmight:

Actually that's a fair reason to come to that conclusion, He is the Governor for Lagos state including the small areas/Villages not JUST LEKKI, IKOYI these people also need to know the reason problems of 2000 are still not being tackled in 2010, if the private sector is not attracted to the little areas the state government has to use its saving n tax to build up these communities
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by bitterpill: 2:08pm On Jul 20, 2010
This is the beauty of democracy: the opportunity to criticise your elected leaders and change them at intervals with better people.

Back to you poster, WHO do you have in mind that can replace Fashola and outperform him especially in all these areas where he has 'failed'? Waiting for your recommendations please.
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by Kennyblues(m): 2:09pm On Jul 20, 2010
We should not forget quickly that no man is an island to himself and the task before any man is enormous that he alone cannot accomplish it. Even the Bible says that write the vision down that those who read it may run it, which is what BRF has done. The past government had written  vision and the present government is reading it that is continuation in governance.

BRF has done perfectly well as everybody could not satisfied does not mean he is bias in discharging his duties towards governing the state. If  a successive government would take it from where he would stop (if he doesn’t go for second time) then every nooks and crannies would experience development. Eko O ni Baje o
Re: Lagos And 2011. .masses Say No To Brf by yemmight(m): 2:48pm On Jul 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Actually, YES!! He did not vote for the government to fix your side of the state and ignore  his side of the same state. He does not have to represent the masses in Lagos state to make that point.

I wish you would follow your own advice there. Reason before you comment so people like me would not have to point out the sillyness in your reasoning. That your own side of the state or house gets 24/7 electricity or free money from the government does not imply those who do not enjoy the same cannot and have no right to complain. Every man casts a vote for a reason, not so you can enjoy good roads and services while the rest do not. If he feels he has been wronged, let him speak out and get his woes heard by the right authorities( I suspect they are already online since we have some lagos capers on nairaland for about a year now). THINK THINK THINK!!!

You dont expect your silliness to overshadow every other person here.  I hope you don't expect me to support or back your posts.  If you think very well you should know that development is a gradual process and that is why we have budgetting systems.  Every districts, wards, LGA's has representatives.  When representatives in your localties have done thier jobs very well, your areas will be covered adequtely in terms of development.  So you must think maturely before you post unresonable points.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Will Be Arrested For Murder - PDP / North MUST Sabotage Jonathan If He Corners The PDP Ticket / This Woman Have The World's Biggest Hands [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.