Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,108 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi (39856 Views)

What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi / "Buhari Not Incharge Of His Government' - Peter Obi / “face Your Problems Not My Performance At PDP Primary” – Saraki Replies APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by Minjim: 9:04am On Nov 02, 2018
nzeobi:
those he blamed are still members of the APC, amaechi, aregbeshola and many of the APC governors insisted the money be shared and when it was done the used theirs to fund buhari's election and leaving their states in huge debt.

States collected their share. What did pdp do wit the FG's share?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by overall90: 9:05am On Nov 02, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

That is actually true. When you call facts as lies then I wonder your sense of truth.

I may be in the opposition but I will never deny truth when I see it. The words in bold are very true

stop talking trash.
Buhari have borrowed about 12 billion in three years.
as of last week.NASS is still approving loans for him.
and i will like you to show me a link to where Buhari saved 20 billion
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by fof1: 9:08am On Nov 02, 2018
lionness:
GEJ left a staggering debt all the money looted by his Ebos ministers and cabinets. The only real minister in GEJs cabinet was a Yoruba man who handled agriculture, every other minister were criminals and failures. Even Obi was part of those crooks. And I'm supposed to vote for a thief who did absolutely nothing in his state and left heaps of gbese. and Bubu has now saved over $20 billion and borrowed less. Bubu met dozens of saboteurs, from sponsored MEND who bombed oil lines for over two years to Igbos who tried to kill his government and a rogue and useless NASS controlled by the opposition among delayed bills and sickness. You know when they say someone is Godsent and willing to do something with little. Yet the same man is fixing Lagos Ibadan, Sagamu, Lagos Aboekuta road, Rail lines linking Lagos Ogun and Oyo. Rail lines linking PH and Abuja and Lagos etc. we have better light and Bokoharam reduced to protesting and newts. Baba met a dead country, and today you see jobs posting daily on nairaland, only the useless youths stay on nairaland blaming their forefathers daily...a lot is happening and Thats why the Indians and Chinese are flooding the country. Bubu is building the Niger Bridge for these useless ingrates, fixing several SE roads that their gods and sons who looted the country dry didn't do for them. Atleast you know some folks are pathetically in love with corruption and trash...
PDP has shown it's a criminal entity with adopting those big thieves and flanking itself with all the confirmed looters of NASS. My SE and their love for looters. Hian!

USELESS TRIBALIST,CLANISH BIGOTS WHO KNOW NOTHING BUT CRITICISMS HAVING BLAME GAME SYNDROMES. PLS PACK URSELF UP FOR D BIN.
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by Officialpdpnig: 9:09am On Nov 02, 2018
overall90:

stop talking trash.
Buhari have borrowed about 12 billion in three years.
as of last week.NASS is still approving loans for him.
and i will like you to show me a link to where Buhari saved 20 billion

What was our foreign reserves before he came and what is it now?
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by kense88: 9:10am On Nov 02, 2018
lionness:
GEJ left a staggering debt all the money looted by his Ebos ministers and cabinets. The only real minister in GEJs cabinet was a Yoruba man who handled agriculture, every other minister were criminals and failures. Even Obi was part of those crooks. And I'm supposed to vote for a thief who did absolutely nothing in his state and left heaps of gbese. and Bubu has now saved over $20 billion and borrowed less. Bubu met dozens of saboteurs, from sponsored MEND who bombed oil lines for over two years to Igbos who tried to kill his government and a rogue and useless NASS controlled by the opposition among delayed bills and sickness. You know when they say someone is Godsent and willing to do something with little. Yet the same man is fixing Lagos Ibadan, Sagamu, Lagos Aboekuta road, Rail lines linking Lagos Ogun and Oyo. Rail lines linking PH and Abuja and Lagos etc. we have better light and Bokoharam reduced to protesting and newts. Baba met a dead country, and today you see jobs posting daily on nairaland, only the useless youths stay on nairaland blaming their forefathers daily...a lot is happening and Thats why the Indians and Chinese are flooding the country. Bubu is building the Niger Bridge for these useless ingrates, fixing several SE roads that their gods and sons who looted the country dry didn't do for them. Atleast you know some folks are pathetically in love with corruption and trash...
PDP has shown it's a criminal entity with adopting those big thieves and flanking itself with all the confirmed looters of NASS. My SE and their love for looters. Hian!
u be idiat. stupid sectarian
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by Hassan88(m): 9:16am On Nov 02, 2018
lionness:
[b][/b]You have my respect forever dear. May God help us all to know the truth. Amen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by M3A16(m): 9:19am On Nov 02, 2018
Those who know the truth know it but difficult to say........... We all saw, heard and even experienced.
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by themanderon: 9:19am On Nov 02, 2018
Nigerians love half truths. I remember vividly well that Ngozi okonjo iweala warned the government then to save for the rainy days. Jonathan wanted to save but the governors lead by Rotimi Amaechi and Adams oshiomole vehemently refused and insisted the money is shared. The money was eventually shared and looted by the governors. A great number of them eventually left for the APC and yet these same governors have the guts to come out today to claim that Jonathan and his government looted the nation dry.
Yet many Nigerians that are very gullible bought into those lies. It might interest you to know that the same money they claimed was looted was what these same governors used to sponsor Buhari into power.
Jonathan looted but not as much as what this holy dictator is doing today.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by nzeobi(m): 9:20am On Nov 02, 2018
Minjim:

States collected their share. What did pdp do wit the FG's share?
Peter invested and saved his.
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by pryme(m): 9:21am On Nov 02, 2018
Yyeske:
You don't know what you are talking about, the money shared was the extra crude account(ECA)created by OBJ.
It had $21 billion as of when it was given to GEJ to manage.
The governors found out the federal government was taking out of the ECA illegally when it was stipulated by law that every dollar taken from it must be shared with the federal taking 52%, state and LGA the rest. This was why the governors went to the supreme court and the FG had no option than to share the rest by the ratio mandated by law.
Question you should be asking yourself is this, the FG finally got $2.1 billion which is 52% of the money after the sharing, this means what was remaining in the account was about $4 billion, remember it was initially $21 billion, so $21 - 4 billion is $17 billion, where is the $17 billion?

These are the little details that a huge crowd of ignorant Nigerians will never understand.
The Governors did not wake one morning and asked the ECA funds to be shared, when funds started disappearing and could not be account for, that's when Ameachi said the Finance Minister could not be trusted with the funds it should be shared.

It makes you wonder, how could a huge population of Nigerians can be so ignorant.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by joyhoney(f): 9:22am On Nov 02, 2018
emmie14:

Obi is blaming the governors which Rotimi Amaechi and Fashola is involved

including him Peter obi was part of it, he's honesty man
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by CoolAmbience(m): 9:23am On Nov 02, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Rotimi Amaechi was the chairman of governors forum then and now, he is in APC.

Shall we say that he is the origin of the problem then

As I recall he opposed it vehemently!

Why did the governors insist that the money in the Excess Crude account be shared?

Don't tell me you deliberately skipped that part.
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by jidxin(m): 9:23am On Nov 02, 2018
lionness:
how much were u paid....wch better light are u having to ri oloun....ehn
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by obailala(m): 9:27am On Nov 02, 2018
hush15:

When he said that every single person said no, it was becaused this cause was championed by the Chairman of the governor forum who was Ameachi.

why didnt the ones that are in APC said, colleagues lets go and think this through again..... Non of them did.

If all the governors decided to say no? Has it stop the present ones from saying yes. So you people should stop twisting facts.

Two things, the issue wasnt a party issue because if it was party, PDP wanted to save on the contrary but governors decided it was better everybody collect theirs and go and save in their respective states.

The second is even if it is party issue, this present government has not shown the will power or the propensity to save if truly thats the solution. PDP was trying to adop it as a solution but APC hasnt even considered it.

All those lies that they were already dipping their hands into the SWF is unnecessary because we know that the SWF is an investment contract that is not even domiciled with CBN so government cant even touch those monies once its saved without all stakeholders knowledge.
Lol... You're more short sighted than i thought you were, and this is cos of your desperation to make this an APC thing.

Just listen to what you're saying, "that the APC governors didnt say No"?... was the NGF a group made up of APC governors alone?.... At the time in question, there were far more PDP governors, but the only thing you could see in all that was that APC governors didnt say No? Wonderful!

You mentioned "twisting facts", please which fact did I twist?... Only thing going on here is you desperately trying to twist a narrative to claim GEJ did not save (and led Nigeria to a recession) because of APC governors who forced him to squander money.

Did you just say the FG dipping it's hands into the ECA (not SWF) was a lie?.... So he doesnt even know the difference between SWF and ECA, yet he comes online to argue and call people liars?.. Na wa oh!... Bye bye!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by Rjteslim: 9:33am On Nov 02, 2018
Thread
Conversation
You Retweeted
tolu ogunlesi
tolu ogunlesi
@toluogunlesi
Debts/Liabilities inherited by Buhari Admin in 2015:

Pension/Salary Arrears: N740bn

Oil Subsidy Debt: N350bn

Paris Club Overdeductions: $5.4bn

JV CashCall Arrears: $6.8bn

Contractor Debt/EEG Debt: N1.9 Trn

Refunds to States for Roads: N488bn

Total: 7 TRILLION Naira

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by mrkia(m): 9:35am On Nov 02, 2018
It's only ppl with retarded form of obloganta that pin the present problem with the present admnstn.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by Rjteslim: 9:35am On Nov 02, 2018
Look at Paris Club Overdeductions. The monies in question date back to the period between 1995 and 2002. (FG over-deducted money from States for repayment of Paris Club debt)

In 2016 PMB directed that the claims of over-deduction be formally reconciled by the DMO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by bluecircle470: 9:36am On Nov 02, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

Common be wise! A governor forum chairman is just a figure head that the constitution doesn’t even recognize, he can’t even take a unilateral decision so pls don’t single him out.
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by pryme(m): 9:41am On Nov 02, 2018
hush15:

stop twisting the facts.

which PDP created the problems when in actual facts the real people behind the nations woes are in APC.
BMC people think they are smart.

they think they can use this against Peter Obi but they are being penny wise and pound foolish because all those that vehemently opposed it are in the APC today. All of them. from Ameachi who was the leader of the pack, Amosun, Aregbesola, Ajimobi, Oshiomole, to Fashola. They even took GEJ to court on the matter.

These same ones are running the affairs of the country today and we wonder why our economy is going south!

Thats one.

Even if that was the case, i thought thats was Buhari was voted in to be the hero of the day. He said their government would hit the ground running but after being sworn in, 5 months later we were still waiting for the almighty list of super heroes ministers but in the 7th month, He can out with a bunch of thieves and inefficient names that were a disaster in their disciplines.

Thats 2nd.

Since they start in 2016, none of them had sense to start the savings recommended by Iweala. Rather, they were just borrowing, left, right, center. Its tells you that its not what about Peter Obi said, its about the fact that even this present government doesnt have the common sense to do it. In 2019, Atiku and Peter Obi will revive the saving culture again as those ones that doesn't like to save are not in the PDP any more. Thats why Atiku will be President and Peter Obi shall be our Vice.

What should they save?
Do you know what ECA stands for?
Since your post is devoid of how things works let me define it for you, ECA stands for Excess Crude Account.

When oil is selling for over a 100$ per barrel under GEJ Nigeria had more than enough so we save the excess.

Under Buhari crude oil dropped to 28$ per barrel, will you save when this was not even enough?
And which money was left by the last administration for the Buhari to start performing magic with?

After all you said, you had the nerve to mention Atiku and Obi as antidotes to our problems, do you even realize that Atiku has a fraudulent record that is still fresh in our minds?
Must you play politics with the lives of Nigerians? Taking advantage of their plight?

If you understand how running a country works you will cut Buhari some slack.
Buhari has not lived up to expectations, but he is far better than Atiku.
Bring someone better, not Atiku.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by wink2015(m): 9:44am On Nov 02, 2018
OEPHIUS:
In a video interview with Channels Television, the Vice Presidential Candidate of the PDP says that the present problems of the Nigerian economy was NOT created by the present government but by Governors before 2015.

He said he remembers as a governor when the former Minister for Finance Okonjo Iweala asked the government to save and the governors and everyone else said no so why are you complaining when you created this problem yesterday

This might tally with the present government stance that they met a moribund economy and the problems were already present before they got in.

See video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fvKq-peZF0

EX-GOVERNOR OF DELTA STATE, DR. EMMANUEL UDUAGHAN WAS ONE OF GREEDY GOVERNOR WHO FOUGHT AGAINST SAVING OF MONEY IN SOVERIEGN WEALTH FUNDS.

The Warri Sapele Road and Effurun Sapele road that he claimed he did with that big money is still been con structured till today 16 years after Ibori first handled that project.

They are digging endless gutter and writing fictitious receipts for the projects and diverting Delta state money into private account.
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by ozoneymcm: 9:46am On Nov 02, 2018
lionness:
Did you hibernate since 2015 and just woke up
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by Rjteslim: 9:47am On Nov 02, 2018
I could recall vividly that okonjo iweala accused Gov. Aregbe of insulting her verbally just because of the federal government saving and stuffs like that.
But let's come to our senses do you all believes those governors would agree on savings at the detriment of their citizens when it's crystal clear to them that even at all the money was saved it will be spend by some certain set of people(election was so close then) ,though there were all doing this for there selfish interest but if it were you or me we'll do the same thing.
And for those who doesn't understand simple math you should try and deduct 3 from 16 then tell me what you get. WE SHOULDN'T BE EXPECTING MIRACLE OVERNIGHT EVEN GOD DOESN'T CREAT HEAVEN,EARTH AND ALL WHAT THAT DWELL IN IT IN A DAY.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by Ihateyoumod: 9:51am On Nov 02, 2018
hush15:

Dont mind them, they think they can use this against Peter Obi but they are being penny wise and pound foolish because all those that vehemently opposed it are in the APC today. All of them. from Ameachi who was the leader of the pack, Amosun, Aregbesola, Ajimobi, Oshiomole, to Fashola. They even took GEJ to court on the matter.

These same ones are running the affairs of the country today and we wonder why our economy is going south!

Thats one.

Even if that was the case, i thought thats was Buhari was voted in to be the hero of the day. He said their government would hit the ground running but after being sworn in, 5 months later we were still waiting for the almighty list of super heroes ministers but in the 7th month, He can out with a bunch of thieves and inefficient names that were a disaster in their disciplines.

Thats 2nd.

Since they start in 2016, none of them had sense to start the savings recommended by Iweala. Rather, they were just borrowing, left, right, center. Its tells you that its not what about Peter Obi said, its about the fact that even this present government doesnt have the common sense to do it. In 2019, Atiku and Peter Obi will revive the saving culture again as those ones that doesn't like to save are not in the PDP any more. Thats why Atiku will be President and Peter Obi shall be our Vice.

Can u explain why even our foreign reserve was depleted to less than 30billion despite the high earnings of tht govt from crude. In addition to save their part of the SWF

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by Banjiplus(m): 9:59am On Nov 02, 2018
lionness:
Guy you get better head. My God continue to bless you for saying the truth and being real.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by Basher8583: 10:04am On Nov 02, 2018
emmie14:

Obi is blaming the governors which Rotimi Amaechi and Fashola is involved

olodo. So the Governors also spent FG alocation too abi.
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by buchilino(m): 10:07am On Nov 02, 2018
vedaxcool:
Peter Obi will prove a bigger liability at the end, he is a coward with perchant flip-flop syndrome. PDP created the problems we are facing they definitely cannot be the ones that will solve them.

U REALLY NEED TO CHANGE HOW U COMPREHEND INFORMATION. IT'S LIKE U READ INFORMATION UPSIDE DOWN.
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by CapussoSeba: 10:08am On Nov 02, 2018
smiley
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by faaz24: 10:15am On Nov 02, 2018
lionness:
You are truly a lioness

Tiri gbosa for you !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 02, 2018
Dshocker:

As if everyone in APC wasn't a PDP member
... Economy growth isn't about what party is in power,but individual orientation.And i believe Peter Obi has vast knowledge on economics
Everyone in APC? U are a laya
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by farem: 10:23am On Nov 02, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

Despite some of your rants, you have successfully, along with Peter Obi, that neither Buhari nor APC is the reason for (your) economic misfortune.
Rather, look in the direction of Ameachi , saraki and Co

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Shoot At Shiite Protesters In Abuja, One Killed (Disturbing Photos) / About One-Third Of Nigeria’s Ministers Attended Same University / CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.