Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi (39847 Views)

What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi / "Buhari Not Incharge Of His Government' - Peter Obi / “face Your Problems Not My Performance At PDP Primary” – Saraki Replies APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by princetom1(m): 10:31am On Nov 02, 2018
thesicilian:
You have not even been voted in and yet you have started making excuses already.

I thought am the only one who noticed.... People are saying he is disciplined, he is truthful, bla bla bla... But he is rolling with people that has all has destroyed this country... A goat can not roll with a dog and not eat shit... Those who destroyed our past can not guarantee our future, says sowore
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by hush15: 10:40am On Nov 02, 2018
pryme:

What should they save?
Do you know what ECA stands for?
Since your post is devoid of how things works let me define it for you, ECA stands for Excess Crude Account.

When oil is selling for over a 100$ per barrel under GEJ Nigeria had more than enough so we save the excess.

Under Buhari crude oil dropped to 28$ per barrel, will you save when this was not even enough?
And which money was left by the last administration for the Buhari to start performing magic with?

After all you said, you had the nerve to mention Atiku and Obi as antidotes to our problems, do you even realize that Atiku has a fraudulent record that is still fresh in our minds?
Must you play politics with the lives of Nigerians? Taking advantage of their plight?

If you understand how running a country works you will cut Buhari some slack.
Buhari has not lived up to expectations, but he is far better than Atiku.
Bring someone better, not Atiku.

Dont worry, we cutting more enough slack. Slack to go rest in daura. Ii am not playing with the live of nigerians. I didnt post the twisted facts, i only expressed myself by saying the truth. Buhari is worse than Atiku. When he took over as head of state, despite a coup plotter, what he do? how did nigeria fair under him? He is a complete failure. How can such be better than Atiku? The only good thing knows how to do is reward loyality is to allow his loyalist act with impunity.

i still dont understand how someone that over threw a democratic government and hasnt justified his actions with any tangible reason is been considered for president. In saner climes, he would be rotting away in prison, if not dead but life gave him a second chance and again, what does he have to show for it and you claim that such person is better than Atiku.

Look, i heard alot and heard it all but i would rather still vote Atiku cos as at TODAY based on INEC available candidates, he still has a more competent record. Some even say choosing between Buhari and Atiku is like choosing between the Pharaoh and the deep blue sea. Atiku is the blue sea and if you know the story, Isreal went thru the deep blue sea than returned to Pharaoh and they better off. Me prefer to go thru the blue sea o. i rather take my chances with Atiku

modified: forgot to add this

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by pryme(m): 10:47am On Nov 02, 2018
hush15:

Dont worry, we cutting more enough slack. Slack to go rest in daura. Ii am not playing with the live of nigerians. I didnt post the twisted facts, i only expressed myself by saying the truth. Buhari is worse than Atiku. When he took over as head of state, despite a coup plotter, what he do? how did nigeria fair under him? He is a complete failure. How can such be better than Atiku? The only good thing knows how to do is reward loyality is to allow his loyalist act with impunity.

i still dont understand how someone that over threw a democratic government and hasnt justified his actions with any tangible reason is been considered for president. In saner climes, he would be rotting away in prison, if not dead but life gave him a second chance and again, what does he have to show for it and you claim that such person is better than Atiku.

Look, i heard alot and heard it all but i would rather still vote Atiku cos as at TODAY based on INEC available candidates, he still has a more competent record. Some even say choosing between Buhari and Atiku is like choosing between the Pharaoh and the deep blue sea. Atiku is the blue sea and if you know the story, Isreal went thru the deep blue sea than returned to Pharaoh and they better off. Me prefer to go thru the blue sea o. i rather take my chances with Atiku

modified: forgot to add this

LOL,
Your expression gave you away.
The Israelites crossed (The Red Sea) with the help of the Almighty. Otherwise they would have drowned trying.

But if am caught between the Devil and the Red Sea, I will choose Devil why?

You can negotiate with the Devil, but even the most skilled swimmers will still drown at sea - Wole Soyinka.
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by teadrake(m): 10:49am On Nov 02, 2018
jumper524:
If theres any reason i can support PDP its because of the discipline and honesty in peter obi as a person..
And how can we sure that once they secure the ticket, the likes of Saraki and co won't outshine him?? You know how vice Presidency position can be especially in Nigeria, it is only during this administration that we're experiencing complete autonomy to the office of the vice President unlike before.
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by WhyMoD: 10:59am On Nov 02, 2018
lionness:
GEJ left a staggering debt all the money looted by his Ebos ministers and cabinets. The only real minister in GEJs cabinet was a Yoruba man who handled agriculture, every other minister were criminals and failures. Even Obi was part of those crooks. And I'm supposed to vote for a thief who did absolutely nothing in his state and left heaps of gbese. and Bubu has now saved over $20 billion and borrowed less. Bubu met dozens of saboteurs, from sponsored MEND who bombed oil lines for over two years to Igbos who tried to kill his government and a rogue and useless NASS controlled by the opposition among delayed bills and sickness. You know when they say someone is Godsent and willing to do something with little. Yet the same man is fixing Lagos Ibadan, Sagamu, Lagos Aboekuta road, Rail lines linking Lagos Ogun and Oyo. Rail lines linking PH and Abuja and Lagos etc. we have better light and Bokoharam reduced to protesting and newts. Baba met a dead country, and today you see jobs posting daily on nairaland, only the useless youths stay on nairaland blaming their forefathers daily...a lot is happening and Thats why the Indians and Chinese are flooding the country. Bubu is building the Niger Bridge for these useless ingrates, fixing several SE roads that their gods and sons who looted the country dry didn't do for them. Atleast you know some folks are pathetically in love with corruption and trash...
PDP has shown it's a criminal entity with adopting those big thieves and flanking itself with all the confirmed looters of NASS. My SE and their love for looters. Hian!
your sudden love for Buhari since PDP chosed an Igbo VP has proven who you are. Spits

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by Charly68: 11:17am On Nov 02, 2018
We know ,it is just that our people are used to short cut routes,we are travelling on the right track ,wailers may not like this,Buhari may have his weakness as others but far better than PDP alternative ..we may look into other new parties but definitely not PDP
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by noblestan: 11:26am On Nov 02, 2018
I don't understand some of the arguments here, especially those positing that Peter Obi exonorated the present govt of any wrong doing in the management of the economy. First of all, this less than one minute video was obviously edited and released to suit a particular narrative. Same with the one released few days ago where he said "school feeding program is a joke". Anyone that watched beyond that few seconds video will see why he said it was a joke.
On this particular video, I watched the original interview when it aired on channels tv over a year ago, and the man was obviously trying not to point acsussing finger at any particular person or persons which necessited him to say "everyone of us", indicting himself as well. It is on record that he eventually saved Anambra's share of the money. He also stated on this interview and on many others that yes there was global recession but the present govt didn't manage it well, rather compounded the problem. I don't hold brief for PDP or APC because as far as I am concerned, they are the same but since I knew Peter Obi, he has continued to impress me. Ofcourse, he is not 100 percent perfect, but if majority of the politicians in Nigeria can be like him, we will surely make headway in this country

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by hush15: 11:29am On Nov 02, 2018
pryme:

LOL,
Your expression gave you away.
The Israelites crossed (The Red Sea) with the help of the Almighty. Otherwise they would have drowned trying.

But if am caught between the Devil and the Red Sea, I will choose Devil why?

You can negotiate with the Devil, but even the most skilled swimmers will still drown at sea - Wole Soyinka.

Who told you that God is not at work here. God makes a way where it seems no way and Atiku might be His way for now. You canbchoose the devil, its fine. afterall, you are all evil but good will eventually triumph over evil.

I wont choose the devil, i would rather keep my fate in God.

#iamsouthwestandiamatikulated

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by DilyAtlantis: 11:35am On Nov 02, 2018
I'm surprised people don't realize it's a fake voice. That was never Peter Obi speaking. It was mutilated and another voice implanted in him. It's the work of APC
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by Sunsets: 11:41am On Nov 02, 2018
A stupid monkey posted this and stupid buffoons are liking it
lionness:
GEJ left a staggering debt all the money looted by his Ebos ministers and cabinets. The only real minister in GEJs cabinet was a Yoruba man who handled agriculture, every other minister were criminals and failures. Even Obi was part of those crooks. And I'm supposed to vote for a thief who did absolutely nothing in his state and left heaps of gbese. and Bubu has now saved over $20 billion and borrowed less. Bubu met dozens of saboteurs, from sponsored MEND who bombed oil lines for over two years to Igbos who tried to kill his government and a rogue and useless NASS controlled by the opposition among delayed bills and sickness. You know when they say someone is Godsent and willing to do something with little. Yet the same man is fixing Lagos Ibadan, Sagamu, Lagos Aboekuta road, Rail lines linking Lagos Ogun and Oyo. Rail lines linking PH and Abuja and Lagos etc. we have better light and Bokoharam reduced to protesting and newts. Baba met a dead country, and today you see jobs posting daily on nairaland, only the useless youths stay on nairaland blaming their forefathers daily...a lot is happening and Thats why the Indians and Chinese are flooding the country. Bubu is building the Niger Bridge for these useless ingrates, fixing several SE roads that their gods and sons who looted the country dry didn't do for them. Atleast you know some folks are pathetically in love with corruption and trash...
PDP has shown it's a criminal entity with adopting those big thieves and flanking itself with all the confirmed looters of NASS. My SE and their love for looters. Hian!
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by donqx: 11:49am On Nov 02, 2018
smiley
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by Duru1(m): 11:51am On Nov 02, 2018
lionness:

I am sure if you were given century to understand what Peter Obi opined, you will still drawn blank at the end. He was not deliberating on who caused the down turn of the economy but about the goons who promised a change they could not fulfill. If you were smart enough to clean your eyes, you would have checked the budgetary line items and figure out if the present government had pulled the wagon better than the previous administration. I do not care how much money any administration squanders but how the government spreads the amenities. Buhari's government is sectional to the core and had set a precedence that will further divide Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by beegodson: 11:56am On Nov 02, 2018
This government is definitely not the cause or the reason for the economic problems of this country and yet some ignorant Nigerian PDP wailers will always look for a way to accuse this government falsely, well i am glad Obi has revealed this fact to ignorant PDP supporters and set you straight on the truth.
Now you know that the PMB government has always been a government of integrity and has been pushing for the growth of the Nation and reduce corruption to its minimum...
No room for ignorance...the truth is out there... we can vote wisely....vote PMB

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by shidof(m): 11:58am On Nov 02, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Rotimi Amaechi was the chairman of governors forum then and now, he is in APC.

Shall we say that he is the origin of the problem then

As I recall he opposed it vehemently!
Are u aware that Peter Obi was a governor and member of the presidential economic management team then. So, he was more of a major player and the origin of the problem
https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/08/17/jonathan-constitutes-24-member-economic-management-team/
https://guardian.ng/slide/members-of-president-goodluck-jonathan-s-economic-team-alhaji-aliko-dangote-left-mr-femi-otedola-tony-elumelu-and-former-anambra-state-governor-mr-peter-obi-at-an-interactive-forum-with-the-president/amp/
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by duwdu: 12:02pm On Nov 02, 2018
lionness:
GEJ left a staggering debt all the money looted by his Ebos ministers and cabinets. The only real minister in GEJs cabinet was a Yoruba man who handled agriculture, every other minister were criminals and failures. Even Obi was part of those crooks. And I'm supposed to vote for a thief who did absolutely nothing in his state and left heaps of gbese. and Bubu has now saved over $20 billion and borrowed less.

Bubu met dozens of saboteurs, from sponsored MEND who bombed oil lines for over two years to Igbos who tried to kill his government and a rogue and useless NASS controlled by the opposition among delayed bills and sickness.

You know when they say someone is Godsent and willing to do something with little. Yet the same man is fixing Lagos Ibadan, Sagamu, Lagos Aboekuta road, Rail lines linking Lagos Ogun and Oyo. Rail lines linking PH and Abuja and Lagos etc. we have better light and Bokoharam reduced to protesting and newts.

Baba met a dead country, and today you see jobs posting daily on nairaland, only the useless youths stay on nairaland blaming their forefathers daily...a lot is happening and Thats why the Indians and Chinese are flooding the country.

Bubu is building the Niger Bridge for these useless ingrates, fixing several SE roads that their gods and sons who looted the country dry didn't do for them. Atleast you know some folks are pathetically in love with corruption and trash...

More straightforward words have never been spoken. Sometimes, it's better - even necessary - to shoot straight from the hip like you've done, dear lionness; your head dey there.

P34c3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by noblestan: 12:04pm On Nov 02, 2018
Obiano actually tried to misrepresent facts in this regard. Towards last year's governorship election in Anambra state, Peter Obi personally cleared the air on the accusations from gov obiano's camp in a comprehensive document which he swore to it's veracity at the supreme Court. I read the hard copy documents myself. Obiano, other than social media propaganda by his team, never bothered to personally respond to the questions raised by CLO. Please, see the following links;
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/clo-makes-12-point-demand-peter-obi-obiano-2/amp/

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/amp/gov-obianos-financial-recklessness-second-to-none-in-nigeria-clo

Officialpdpnig:

Obiano revealed otherwise and he declared the Peter left him with a debt of 200b

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/gov-obiano-peter-obi-war-words/amp/
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by Duru1(m): 12:07pm On Nov 02, 2018
beegodson:
This government is definitely not the cause or the reason for the economic problems of this country and yet some ignorant Nigerian PDP wailers will always look for a way to accuse this government falsely, well i am glad Obi has revealed this fact to ignorant PDP supporters and set you straight on the truth.
Now you know that the PMB government has always been a government of integrity and has been pushing for the growth of the Nation and reduce corruption to its minimum...
No room for ignorance...the truth is out there... we can vote wisely....vote PMB

You are being naïve and political. The so-called wailers are those who voted for APC's slogan of change and got no change.
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by duwdu: 12:25pm On Nov 02, 2018
Duru1:

You are being naïve and political. The so-called wailers are those who voted for APC's slogan of change and got no change.

This is not necessarily true; your claim is in fact a classical case of 'reaching,' and propaganda. Al manners of support for, and opposition to, the present government have shifted positions both before and since the elections of 2015.

That being said, the numbers of actual voters (as distinct from Cyberspace trolls) that have changed positions or flip flopped between 2014 and now, can be counted on the fingers, compared to the totality of those who will eventually turn out to vote in 2019. In other words, nothing significant has actually changed in terms of where each vote strength lies.

P34c3
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by Chaksey: 12:37pm On Nov 02, 2018
Lioness is married to a south easterner. Knows a lot about South East. But uses south east situation always for political short cuts and useless gains, including all the lies about massive road projects on PAPER. Still beats me that she is a always ethnically biased against her in-laws...........some mothers do have them indeed!!!
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by overall90: 12:47pm On Nov 02, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

What was our foreign reserves before he came and what is it now?

Is foreign reserves the same thing as savings??
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by jumper524(m): 1:21pm On Nov 02, 2018
teadrake:

And how can we sure that once they secure the ticket, the likes of Saraki and co won't outshine him?? You know how vice Presidency position can be especially in Nigeria, it is only during this administration that we're experiencing complete autonomy to the office of the vice President unlike before.
i respect and admire peter obi..
but that doesnt guarantee my vote with the current stake-holders atiku have in place..
if they eventually get to power..
smh..
bros the only thing we can do is to pray to God to touch thier hearts..
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by OChimex: 1:28pm On Nov 02, 2018
Jiang:

Not really, I find it very hard to attack people who always say the truth no matter how it affects them. My interest in Peter Obi is piqued

In that case he validates the blame game of buhari that all the blames for the economic woes should be attributed to the past administration.
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by OChimex: 1:33pm On Nov 02, 2018
Jiang:

Not really, I find it very hard to attack people who always say the truth no matter how it affects them. My interest in Peter Obi is piqued

In that case he validates the blame game of buhari that all the blames for the economic woes should be attributed to the past administration.
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by OChimex: 1:36pm On Nov 02, 2018
safarigirl:
this video is old and he did not shoot any party in the head.

36 state governors took the FG to court to release that money. It was not PDP or APC, it was all the parties.

Did you watch the video at all? This video is at least a year old. You write like you have little to no information on this interview.

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by emmie14: 1:37pm On Nov 02, 2018
Basher8583:

olodo. So the Governors also spent FG alocation too abi.
Yes........According to Debt Management Office (DMO) data, the Foreign Debt of Nigeria stands at $22.083 Billion which is equivalent to 6.8 Trillion Naira.
This $22.083 Billion were incurred by both the FG, 36 States and FCT combined.
But when decomposed, the FG’s external debt stands at $17.8 Billion while the 36 States and FCT incurred $4.28 Billion
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by emmie14: 1:39pm On Nov 02, 2018
joyhoney:

including him Peter obi was part of it, he's honesty man
Correct yourself....
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by emmie14: 1:43pm On Nov 02, 2018
Basher8583:

Nigerian Debt profile as of today stands at $73 Billion, inheriting $63 Billion from previous administration and partly right when he said they borrowed only $10 Billion in 3 years.
But what he failed to do was to decompose that $73 Billion debt profile and luckily that is what I am going to do here.
According to Debt Management Office (DMO) data, the Foreign Debt of Nigeria stands at $22.083 Billion which is equivalent to 6.8 Trillion Naira.
But when decomposed, the FG’s external debt stands at $17.8 Billion while the 36 States and FCT incurred $4.28 Billion.
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by emmie14: 1:46pm On Nov 02, 2018
Basher8583:

Nigerian Debt profile as of today stands at $73 Billion, inheriting $63 Billion from previous administration and partly right when he said they borrowed only $10 Billion in 3 years.
But what he failed to do was to decompose that $73 Billion debt profile and luckily that is what I am going to do here.
According to Debt Management Office (DMO) data, the Foreign Debt of Nigeria stands at $22.083 Billion which is equivalent to 6.8 Trillion Naira.
But when decomposed, the FG’s external debt stands at $17.8 Billion while the 36 States and FCT incurred $4.28 Billion.
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by OneManLegion(m): 1:51pm On Nov 02, 2018
lionness:

Sabi babe. After reading your comment, I checked your profile and discovered that the last topic you created was a scathing critique of Buhari whom you defend with so much fire now.

What changed?
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by overall90: 1:59pm On Nov 02, 2018
OneManLegion:

Sabi babe. After reading your comment, I checked your profile and discovered that the last topic you created was a scathing critique of Buhari whom you defend with so much fire now.

What changed?

what changed is that PDP is fielding an igbo VP instead ofyoruba and nothing more.
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 02, 2018
He Saying What Is Public Knowledge Already.But He Is Courageous Too 4 Saying It Aloud

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi / Goodluck Jonathan At Dickson’s Rally In Yenagoa (Photos) / Nsima Ekere Presented With Guns And Knives During Rally In Akwa Ibom. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.