Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,344 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Almost Invisible(diary Of A Friend-zoned Girl) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Almost Invisible(diary Of A Friend-zoned Girl) (364 Views)

A Friend In Need Is A Friend Indeed: A Feelings Of Completeness / The Zoned - A Short Story / Dad Zoned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Almost Invisible(diary Of A Friend-zoned Girl) by Akukom: 12:20pm On Nov 02, 2018
“Thanks for being such a good friend” you’d said after our hangout. For Pete’s sake, I’d thought you’d ask me out; by mars, I was willing to overlook all your bad habits that I wouldn’t tolerate in any other person.

Your presence gave me the butterflies I left back in high school… those perfect jaw lines no woman could ever ignore, those eyes that were made of waves of honey and caramel. I would have traded my soul to be with you. Don’t just sit there and refer to me as a ‘friend’. I’ve turned down appointments just to be here today. I’d dreamt about this day, selected a gown and kept it in a safe place with a shoe to match. Don’t you understand…

I had purposely acted reluctantly towards styling my hair, waiting for today, so I wouldn’t ruin the curls. It’s an expensive style but I didn’t mind. I didn’t care that strands of my hair were being pulled like it was a fight, no.. I wanted to look perfect for you.

When you’d called, to tell me that you’d arrived at my place, I couldn’t hide my excitement. I was Juliet, and finally, my Romeo had arrived to take me away. My prince charming had found my shoe and is here for me to prove my leg was for the shoe. No step-mother was going to obstruct this meeting.

“Shall we?” You’d asked, I’d smiled and nodded, ignoring that you didn’t even notice or acknowledge my effort… I was literally dazzling, but maybe, I’ll get to hear it in the car. Also, I was ready to be ‘fine’, if you still don’t notice….and you didn’t…I’d felt a sting in my stomach but I’d ignored it, “he hasn’t seen me properly, he will when we get there, and he’ll get to see how beautiful I could be”, I had told myself, at least it was enough to keep my confidence leveled.

As we drove past all the expensive and affordable, fantastic and normal restaurants in town, ” have you not seen any place that suits your taste?” I had wanted to ask, but then again, I thought, “oh well, where do I know? He probably knows more interesting places”, I smiled. That smile of comfort, of ‘finally, at last, the one’. Then, suddenly, we were entering a narrow street, I wanted to ask but still, words failed me, I didn’t want to be seen as dumb or naive, no..not on our first date (yes, ‘date’ at least, that was what I felt).

Looking out the window, as the car was slowly coming to a halt shortly after sliding into something that would go for a parking space, I looked around and …wait…! “someone like Josh can’t be coming to a ‘mama-put’ na. Is this a dream right now?

Continue: https://akukom.com/almost-invisible/

Source: www.akukom.com

cc Divepen1, Obinnau

(1) (Reply)

Experienced ICO Writers Needed!!! / WRITER'S Miseries And Nightmares: Destructive Critics / What Breaks A Man (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.