Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,965 members, 7,810,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) (1873 Views)

'We Planned Our Wedding On Facebook Without Meeting Till Introduction Day' / Bride In Tears As Husband Cancels Wedding A Day To The Wedding / Man Cancelled Their Wedding On Their Way To Church In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by dre11(m): 6:44am On Nov 04, 2018
•GIVES NO REASON

•I’M STILL IN SHOCK —GROOM

•RESIDENTS FEAST ON WEDDING FOOD, MEAT

By Segun Adebayo

[img]http://img2.transcoder.opera.com/assets/v2/b7b5b80abcf7fd372c20d6e5a8009c14?source=nlp&quality=uhq&format=webp[/img]

[img]https://s23069.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/canceled-wedding2.jpg[/img]
Groom’s family members

A wedding ceremony came to a dramatic end in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, on Saturday, when father of the bride suddenly called off the wedding of his daughter, Oluwaseun Adugbe to his fiancée, Tunji Curtis, a few hours to the commencement of the ceremony.

Mr Adugbe, a native of Edo State and father of the bride was said to have announced that the wedding would no longer hold and directed her daughter to return all the goodies brought by the groom’s family to them immediately without giving any reason.

Members of the groom’s family, who had arrived from Lagos in the early hours of Saturday, were said to have been left in shock and could not understand why the family of the bride would cancel their daughter’s wedding without any prior notice.

They were said to have been told that the wedding could no longer hold and that all preparations should be suspended. The father insisted that no marriage would hold in his house and that he would not be a party to the union.

Sunday Tribune learnt that Tunji and Oluwaseun have been dating for about five years and their relationship has produced a child, who will clock five in a few months.

When pressed by Tunji’s family for reasons for his would-be father-in-law’s actions, it was said he had accused Tunji of failing to honour a meeting with other members of the family on Friday, a development which left them with no option but to cancel the wedding.

Sunday Tribune gathered that Tunji arrived at his fiancée’s family house on Friday evening with no inkling that his wedding would be called off the next day.

According to him, he arrived in Ibadan on Friday morning and was asked by the bride’s father to come for what he described as a crucial meeting with other members of the family, but failed to meet up with the 1p.m appointment due to other engagements.

[img]https://s23069.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/canceled-wedding3.jpg[/img]

He claimed that he arrived late at his fiancée’s house on Friday, but no one told him the wedding had been cancelled as preparations for the next day had begun.

He claimed that he had no problem with his fiancée’s father and could not understand why such a drastic action would be taken without his being informed. He added that his wife to-be could not explain the rationale behind her father’s decision.

“This is shocking. I don’t believe this is truly happening, because my wife and I had no issues at all and I can’t remember having any issue with her father. In fact, I sent money to her father last week Thursday as part of my contributions towards the wedding,” he said.

Distraught Tunji, who was almost moved to tears while speaking with Sunday Tribune, said no one could explain to him what went wrong as things were still not cleared to him as of the time he was talking.

According to him, “I asked my father in-law what went wrong; he told me that I failed to honour a meeting yesterday. I tried to explain to him that I was extremely busy making sure that everything was in place so that we could have a smooth celebration.”

[img]https://s23069.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/canceled-wedding1.jpg[/img]
Some residents of the area

Asked what his next plans would be, Tunji simply said: “ Right now, I just want to forget about this drama and cool off. I will think of the next thing to do when I wake up tomorrow.”

Also speaking with Sunday Tribune, Tunji’s elder sister, Abibat, who came to Ibadan with about 15 persons, including family members and friends, said she was disappointed by the actions of the bride’s family, adding that: “You can imagine the excuse that they gave for the cancellation of the wedding.

I have never seen any family that is as irresponsible as this. I don’t blame them; I blame our son, who took the wrong step. The wedding is over and we will be going back to Lagos anytime from now,” she lamented.

Another member of the family, Olayinka Ogunbajo, who brought the wedding cake from Lagos said the family members met the father of the bride on their arrival from Lagos with the cake, saying “the father told us where we would keep the cake on Friday.

He welcomed us heartily into his house and there was no reason for us to think otherwise. On getting here this morning, we were told that the wedding had been called off. I am speechless.”

At the bride’s family house in Oshodi area of Felele Rab, where Tunji in company with his friends and family members were told that the wedding had been cancelled, residents and other well-wishers lamented bitterly.

The atmosphere was pensive when Sunday Tribune arrived at the house of the bride as no one was willing to disclose what had happened. People could be seen muttering words that suggested that all was not well between the two families.

[img]https://s23069.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/canceled-wedding.jpg[/img]

Some members of the family were seen moving their gifts and other foodstuffs back into their cars as they blamed the bride’s father for ruining their day of joy.

However, some residents of the area cashed in on the moment as they were seen with polythene bags filled with cooked meat meant for the celebration.

One of them, who spoke with Sunday Tribune, said since the wedding had been cancelled and everybody was confused, “their pain is our joy”.
Efforts to speak with the bride’s father proved abortive as he declined comment when Sunday Tribune approached him for his reaction in his house.

His response was “I am not ready to talk to anybody. Please go.”

The bride also declined comment.

https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/172080/

Pics 1and 4.. Family members doing the coking
Pic 2. Grooms members family
Pic 3. Residents of the area

lalasticlala

Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by JudasNaCarrot: 6:58am On Nov 04, 2018
No matter the reason,it is not enough to cancel the wedding at that point in time.

The two families will never be at peace no matter how they tried to resolve it.
Wicket father inlaw.

Meanwhile food is ready....
Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by daddytime(m): 7:01am On Nov 04, 2018
Ego trips...poor dude.

The bride's father obviously has no problem keeping his daughter as a baby mama.

1 Like

Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by Kastonkastroll(m): 7:04am On Nov 04, 2018
Them no born the father of my gf to cancel our wedding on the d-day. Na dat day he go pay every penny I have spent on his daughter.

Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 04, 2018
What an egoistic man for a father.

Dude cancelled the wedding because his soon to be son in-law didn't turned out to be the ass licker like he hoped.
Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by madridguy(m): 7:14am On Nov 04, 2018
Good they shared the food for the neighbors.

Happy married life to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by IamD18: 7:31am On Nov 04, 2018
IDRWFB:
If the reason the bride's father gave was the only cause for him to cancel the wedding, then it's not fair at all. Yorubas are too, too obsessed with respect! The local residents should enjoy the food o jare. Happy Sunday all.
They'll fake respect in your presence, then yab you, mock and disrespect you in your absence.

We don't call that RESPECT. We call it EYE-SERVICE

8 Likes

Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by thorpido(m): 7:39am On Nov 04, 2018
Once chance.
The bride's father though.
Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by backnbeta(f): 7:41am On Nov 04, 2018
I hope daddy has a good reason for calling off his daughter's wedding...like he just discovered a dark secret about his son In-law's source of income undecided otherwise, he will beg the groom las las when his daughter turns to yesterday news paper!
Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by dadebayo1(m): 7:43am On Nov 04, 2018
Wow.....
Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by BiafraIShere(m): 7:45am On Nov 04, 2018
Wtf This is stranger than fiction!! That father in-law is evil, a wizard and a psychopath!!
That supposed groom should not only call off the relationship indefinitely, but equally sue that evil man for every Kobo he spent on the botched wedding.
Just imagine, he was trying to legalize a relationship that has already produced a five years old child and the wizard was not even grateful that he has finally come to do the proper thing.
For God who made me, that woman will remain a baby mama for life or go marry someone else because I will later organize another elaborate wedding with another woman.
In fact, before leaving their house, I will warn my "baby mama" never to return to my house but I will be sending her money to take care of our son.

That evil man and the entire family who failed to call him to order are all sick!!
Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by Pat081: 7:47am On Nov 04, 2018
I think dey should help in taking d father in law to yaba left in Lagos state or good babalawo

1 Like

Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by chiommy123(f): 7:52am On Nov 04, 2018
This is just not fair. He didn't contribute na so it'll be easy for him to waste another's resources. Some parents sef
Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by BiafraIShere(m): 7:53am On Nov 04, 2018
backnbeta:
I hope daddy has a good reason for calling off his daughter's wedding...like he just discovered a dark secret about his son In-law's source of income undecided otherwise, he will beg the groom las las when his daughter turns to yesterday news paper!

She is already an old newspaper! I mean, someone with a five years old child??
Damn, the father just made her a baby mama for life.
If I'm to be the groom, Regardless of how much I love the lady, I would never marry her again!!
Do you know the psychological trauma, stress, embarrassment, emotional scars etc it must have caused that guy??
I would never have anything to do with such a man ever again and I would cut off the relationship with the daughter to ensure that.
This is man's inhumanity to fellow man and can never be justified!!!
Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by kaffyadeakeem(f): 7:56am On Nov 04, 2018
Aye le ibosi oo.
Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by ryloy: 8:11am On Nov 04, 2018
This one strong o
Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by Rosay15(f): 8:38am On Nov 04, 2018
No father can try dis rubbish with me after being together for five years and ve a child for d person I want to marry.
With dat reason oh, d wedding will hold and he won't be there cus I won't allow him to spoil my day of joy.
D father is very wicked. Yabaleft patient.
Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 04, 2018
Rosay15:
No father can try dis rubbish with me after being together for five years and ve a child for d person I want to marry.
With dat reason oh, d wedding will hold and he won't be there cus I won't allow him to spoil my day of joy.
D father is very wicked. Yabaleft patient.
so you mean you have zero respect for your father embarassed

1 Like

Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by Rosay15(f): 8:51am On Nov 04, 2018
JjBankys:

so you mean you have zero respect for your father embarassed
... If u can't understand wat I wrote up dere, den y did u quote me to ask me stupid question?..
Pls it Sunday morning don't let's start bashing eachoda... Ve a blessed Sunday. Peace.
Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 04, 2018
Rosay15:
... If u can't understand wat I wrote up dere, den y did u quote me to ask me stupid question?..
Pls it Sunday morning don't let's start bashing eachoda... Ve a blessed Sunday. Peace.
take it easy someone hurt you right?tell me who? a blessed Sunday it is. smiley
Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 04, 2018
The man is too rigid o. Haba
Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by M3A16(m): 9:21am On Nov 04, 2018
This is more than serious, cancelled the very long time waited for day for a very obscured reason.............. Something is hidden somewhere in this matter
Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by bayocanny: 9:30am On Nov 04, 2018
IDRWFB:
If the reason the bride's father gave was the only cause for him to cancel the wedding, then it's not fair at all. Yorubas are too, too obsessed with respect! The local residents should enjoy the food o jare. Happy Sunday all.
Have noticed something here on nairaland, you guys always drag tribalism into your comments, but why?
Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by Yabaleftstudent: 10:00am On Nov 04, 2018
after I don pay all the necessary money... the mumu no go come gimmi him pikin I go just send my grandma give am CEO Edo aircraft incorporated (since 1880)
Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by itiswellandwell: 10:03am On Nov 04, 2018
This is bad. Well, the groom should thank God cos this may be a blessing in disguise. If the man could behave that way, that means the marriage with her daughter will be hellish as he might want to be controlling their home. Wish him all the best sha.
Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by nochio(m): 10:20am On Nov 04, 2018
IDRWFB:
. He's Edo
Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by Olalan(m): 10:58am On Nov 04, 2018
The man is probably high on some drugs......the reason he gave is just so lame
Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 04, 2018
So cos the would be bridegroom no attend one meeting with them na im make d girl papa cancel the wedding? Abegi dats not the real reason.im jus wan use dat as excuse.the real reason he cancel the wedding be say the girl papa go don see one malaysian or dubai based big boy with plenty plenty dollars and euros wey don signify interest on the girl and d guy money don dey turn d girl papa eyecheesy. Money get spirit i tell u. Wetin all these dubai and malaysian big boys don take ppl eye see ehncheesy. Happy sunday everyonecheesy.
Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by Almaiga: 11:19am On Nov 04, 2018
This is serious, after wasting his time and resources.

Re: Drama, Confusion As Bride’s Father Cancels Wedding On D-day (photos) by frozen70(f): 11:49am On Nov 04, 2018
It's quite a pity and embarrassing

Let them go their separate ways or continue leaving unwedded

But I feel for the girl because of stigma

Only the father knows the game he is playing

(1) (Reply)

SEE THIS: How to Permanently Memorize Any Number in 10 Seconds [Picture] / Do Tortoise Faeces Really Stop Beards From Growing / Zimbabwe Lady Completely Unclad In Recent Video Call (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.