Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University (31068 Views)

Kano University Of Science & Technology Renamed After Aliko Dangote / Kano University Student Drowns While Swimming . - See Picture / List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by tomdon(m): 6:07pm On Nov 04, 2018
HigherEd:

I see it, but they are majorly doing it in a crooked way. UI doesn't enjoy nearly the amount invested into ABU. Over the years, the Min Of Education, NNPC and CBN have given ABU some very suspicious level of funding that other universities down south are not priviledged to.

BUK's solar electricity project is so massive and bankrolled by govt apparatus. I wonder if southereners realise this silent mandate by the North to give advantage to themselves as regard educational institutions. But know this while Southern public schools may be deprived of the level of funding in Northern schools, the private sector led education sector is clearly dominated by the south, from primsary to tertiary level.

There is serious conspiracy and grand corruption and parochialism
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by WaffenSS(m): 6:07pm On Nov 04, 2018
rhajaan:
I laugh when other tribes see Northerners as unintelligent Abo..kis....they are silently taking over their educational structures from Southern bred academics and professors...see the amount of scholarships offered to their indigenes.....
They would have gone for good southern professors...but they know they would dominate and Populate their system with southern brethren, knowing fully well they(Northerners) cannot do this in the south ...rather they went for foreign Profs. who would not care about domination but would mentor the Northern academics.

Take a look at Ekiti for example and see how the educational structures are rapidly falling. If you have ever schooled up North...there is a systematic plan to have Northerners...foreign trained and obviously better...to take over from southerners in most Universities... eg ABU and BUK...

I hope other states wake up...

Southern professors and lecturers are mediocre

1 Like

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by bluke(m): 6:16pm On Nov 04, 2018
rhajaan:
I laugh when other tribes see Northerners as unintelligent Abo..kis....they are silently taking over their educational structures from Southern bred academics and professors...see the amount of scholarships offered to their indigenes.....
They would have gone for good southern professors...but they know they would dominate and Populate their system with southern brethren, knowing fully well they(Northerners) cannot do this in the south ...rather they went for foreign Profs. who would not care about domination but would mentor the Northern academics.

Take a look at Ekiti for example and see how the educational structures are rapidly falling. If you have ever schooled up North...there is a systematic plan to have Northerners...foreign trained and obviously better...to take over from southerners in most Universities... eg ABU and BUK...

balewa said it long time ago.
we'll hire a foreigner over nigerian where possible
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 04, 2018
I find it very comical that with all the capable human resources available in Nigeria, yet we go outside the country to hire people to take over the very limited jobs in the country. I know some dumb MOFOS would see this as a "poke in the eyes" of the southerners who they claim are taking over their schools but you're not providing employment for your own people either. How stupid can one be? These same people are the ones to claim one NIGERIA. There's no ONE NIGERIA, we are just different COUNTRIES wrongly put together by the British people for the ease of their governance. There's absolutely no love amongst the people and the question that needs to be asked is why not let go?

8 Likes

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Vado(m): 6:17pm On Nov 04, 2018
CodeTemplar:
If the Abokis are intelligent as you imply, why aren't they being employed to run their own schools themselves. The problem with northern Nigeria is that they are always trying to compete with southern Nigeria. The south is simply trying to be self sufficient and not trying to outdo the north.
The suspended NHIS boss for example spent lots of years in the west but look at his morals.

It's a long-term project. These guys have visions and they are patient too. Thirty years ago, you would hardly find a Muslim ilorin man in any Kwara State civil service top positions because they weren't as exposed academically as the mostly Christian south. Today, the number of Christian south in any sensible position is less than 5%. Do the math.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by TheAngry1: 6:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
post=72666875:
We see Dangote doing this always, same thing as Oprah, Bill Gates and some other billionaires, what is the richest woman in Africa doing concerning philanthropy?
We beg to understand from anyone!

Na ya money?
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Jobabori(m): 6:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
While Obasanjo and Atiku stole our money to build private universities, Dangote is not building any but helping to develop the state own. That is how to be patriotic but Atikulooteers and Obituary we never think the same way.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Sagamite(m): 6:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
rhajaan:

Another moronic fuucktard sharing his stupid, baseless and unfounded opinions.

Gallantly and proudly pulling conjectual retardation from the crevices of his ass and behaving like if he is dumping "intellectual facts".

Cretinous product of a failed education system!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by lagdmark(m): 6:33pm On Nov 04, 2018
Philpham:

The truth still remains, Hausa is still the most backward ethnic group in Subsaharan Africa. He can bring foreign professors to Kano but he cannot make Kano indigenes more educated , no matter how hard he tries.
Point
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by FriendNG: 6:39pm On Nov 04, 2018
CodeTemplar:
If the Abokis are intelligent as you imply, why aren't they being employed to run their own schools themselves. The problem with northern Nigeria is that they are always trying to compete with southern Nigeria. The south is simply trying to be self sufficient and not trying to outdo the north.
The suspended NHIS boss for example spent lots of years in the west but look at his morals.

Who fed you with lies? Who is running the northern schools? Are you the one?
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by REDshouse(m): 6:40pm On Nov 04, 2018
post=72666875:
We see Dangote doing this always, same thing as Oprah, Bill Gates and some other billionaires, what is the richest woman in Africa doing concerning philanthropy?
rose of Sharon belongs to her.. Google it
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by igbobabe02: 6:41pm On Nov 04, 2018
rhajaan:

The north have the lowest WAEC results and the highest number of children out of school. You guys aren’t taking over anything.
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by jmichael259(m): 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2018
HigherEd:

Truth be told a Dangote doesn't do to well with competition. And while his companies have brought so many jobs to Nigeria we can't deny that the lack of competition which is a product of govt stifling opposition does a lot of harm...

CodeTemplar:
What is the point of govt stifle the cement competition and make dangote artificially rich while citizens are homeless?
Is that a example of Dangote making life easier?

ALL IS FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR. WAR IS BUSINESS AND BUSINESS IS WAR.

CodeTemplar:
The north have been using this rough tactic to develop themselves for decades. Their eyes are fixated on the South's resources to the point they neglect their own potential.

rhajaan:
I laugh when other tribes see Northerners as unintelligent Abo..kis.....see the amount of scholarships offered to their indigenes..... good southern professors.. would dominate and Populate their system with southern brethren, ...rather they went for foreign Profs. who would not care about domination but would mentor the Northerners

[quote author=HigherEd post=72674947]
I see it, but they are majorly doing it in a crooked way. UI doesn't enjoy nearly the amount invested into ABU. Over the years, the Min Of Education, NNPC and CBN have given ABU some very suspicious level of funding that other universities down south are not priviledged to.

BUK's solar electricity project is so massive and bankrolled by govt apparatus. I wonder if southereners realise this silent mandate by the North to give advantage to themselves as regard educational institutions.[/quote ]

THE SOUTHERN BILLIONAIRES AND POLITICIANS SHOULD ALSO INVEST MASSIVELY IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS AND GIVE THEIR OWN SCHOLARSHIPS TOO ESPECIALLY IN TRADE, AGRIC AND ENGINEERING COURSES. (The Otedolas, Adelekes, Innosons, Ifeanyi Ubas, Orji Kalus, Murray-Bruce e.t.c.) enough talk.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Topmaike007(m): 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2018
post=72666875:
iya alakija is building the tallest building..
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:45pm On Nov 04, 2018
REDshouse:
rose of Sharon belongs to her.. Google it
Rose of Sharon, okay, we will google that.
Thanks for the reply.
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2018
Topmaike007:
iya alakija is building the tallest building..
Na so we read...
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by CodeTemplar: 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2018
Vado:

It's a long-term project. These guys have visions and they are patient too. Thirty years ago, you would hardly find a Muslim ilorin man in any Kwara State civil service top positions because they weren't as exposed academically as the mostly Christian south. Today, the number of Christian south in any sensible position is less than 5%. Do the math.
You are confusing politics of domination for advancement in education. How many of those Muslims in the position merited it?
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by FriendNG: 6:49pm On Nov 04, 2018
bluke:

balewa said it long time ago.
we'll hire a foreigner over nigerian where possible

It is not Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa that said so, but rather the premier of Northern Nigeria Sir Ahmadu Bello (The Sardauna Of Sokoto)

1 Like

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Kyleconstantine: 6:50pm On Nov 04, 2018
Why do Nigerians ass lick foreigners this much? This is total bullshit! We have a high unemployment situation in this country.

Nigeria should be for Nigerians first. We don't get this love, respect and employment outside. Give jobs and contracts only to Nigerians. This is how you make your people rich. Our monies should stop being in foreign hands

1 Like

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Kingv(m): 6:51pm On Nov 04, 2018
Only if Notherners would leave Suya business

Good one Dangote!!
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Codes151(m): 6:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
Why only Kano?? Just asking !!!
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by princestars(m): 6:55pm On Nov 04, 2018
post=72666875:

you should be more concerned on how u can be one and also a phillantropist

1 Like

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by FriendNG: 6:58pm On Nov 04, 2018
Codes151:
Why only Kano?? Just asking !!!

Two reasons.

1. He is the chancellor of the university. Not only hiring professors but he has build many infrastructures from hostels to faculties.

2. Kano is Dangotes state of origin.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Almaiga: 7:13pm On Nov 04, 2018
The North kept doing what they know how to do best.
God bless Dangote.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by mypains: 7:23pm On Nov 04, 2018
Sagamite:

Another moronic fuucktard sharing his stupid, baseless and unfounded opinions.

Gallantly and proudly pulling conjectual retardation from the crevices of his ass and behaving like if he is dumping "intellectual facts".

Cretinous product of a failed education system!
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin hahahaaahha... when I look at the wordings, I said this sounds like Sagamite and scrolled up a bit to see who typed this and boom... i was right. BABA ooo. Ekale ooo
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by GeorgeTheCoder: 7:27pm On Nov 04, 2018
rhajaan:

We are praying for all your plans to succeed. Anything that will sever our relationship is welcome. The quicker the better.
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by AnanseK(m): 7:45pm On Nov 04, 2018
HigherEd:

BUK's solar electricity project is so massive and bankrolled by govt apparatus. I wonder if southereners realise this silent mandate by the North to give advantage to themselves as regard educational institutions. But know this while Southern public schools may be deprived of the level of funding in Northern schools, the private sector led education sector is clearly dominated by the south, from primsary to tertiary level.

You are not making sense.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by AnanseK(m): 7:53pm On Nov 04, 2018
Kyleconstantine:
Why do Nigerians ass lick foreigners this much? This is total bullshit! We have a high unemployment situation in this country.

Nigeria should be for Nigerians first. We don't get this love, respect and employment outside. Give jobs and contracts only to Nigerians. This is how you make your people rich. Our monies should stop being in foreign hands

Experience teaches. When southerners are recruited they become political and fill all positions with southerners and three quarters of admissions come from their home states. Even gardeners and kitchen staff are brought from the south. I will advise them to continue recruiting foreign professors who have no such agenda and who will mentor the local academics .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Codes151(m): 7:54pm On Nov 04, 2018
FriendNG:

Two reasons.

1. He is the chancellor of the university. Not only hiring professors but he has build many infrastructures from hostels to faculties.

2. Kano is Dangotes state of origin.
okay! Good man! Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Funkybabee(f): 8:19pm On Nov 04, 2018
It's good but it could be better if he can employ Nigeria instead..
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by wvictory(m): 8:37pm On Nov 04, 2018
my boss m glad to be on ur payroll

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NUC Presents Provisional Licenses To 37 Private Universities (see Full List) / Does Intelligence Depends More On The Environment Than Genetic Factors / SS3 Student Falls From Mango Tree, Dies In Ondo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.