Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University (31070 Views)

Kano University Of Science & Technology Renamed After Aliko Dangote / Kano University Student Drowns While Swimming . - See Picture / List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Quality20(m): 8:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
southern universities would hardly employ a northern professor, they would rather go for an expatriate who isn't gonna participate in their university politics nor even establish himself as a force to be reckoned with and who may only be on contract basis

1 Like

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Uglymugg: 9:07pm On Nov 04, 2018
ADEMOLA144:
waste of money. there are too many graduates in the country. we need trade schools

Baba this point times one million ohh.
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by niyidenrele: 9:08pm On Nov 04, 2018
ijustdey:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/dangote-hires-15-foreign-professors-for-kano-versity.html

......what has that got to do with level of education down south ,..UK & USA, are leading the pack in development, and education, but a little chanced ,southerner will make their education and teaching look silly by winning everything winable on the convocation day ...meaning despite Nigeria government nepotism against south in education, they still.can't prevent them from dominating the Western countries...

1 Like

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Arijude(m): 9:10pm On Nov 04, 2018
Topmaike007:
iya alakija is building the tallest building..
hahahaha yea she wants to experience being fvcked on top of the tallest building
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by 0monnak0da: 9:12pm On Nov 04, 2018
rhajaan:
I laugh when other tribes see Northerners as unintelligent Abo..kis....they are silently taking over their educational structures from Southern bred academics and professors...see the amount of scholarships offered to their indigenes.....
They would have gone for good southern professors...but they know they would dominate and Populate their system with southern brethren, knowing fully well they(Northerners) cannot do this in the south ...rather they went for foreign Profs. who would not care about domination but would mentor the Northern academics.

Take a look at Ekiti for example and see how the educational structures are rapidly falling. If you have ever schooled up North...there is a systematic plan to have Northerners...foreign trained and obviously better...to take over from southerners in most Universities... eg ABU and BUK...

I hope other states wake up...
Sorry but you are not making sense.
After 60 years importing professors is progress?
Abokis are as intelligent as everyone. That's not the issue.
The issue is culture. Islamic culture to be precise
Emirs are not traditional rulers they are religious leaders which is a fundamental issue. The Sultanate is a fundamental problem very different from traditional rulers in the South.
As long as you have that system the north will not progress even if you bring Harvard university to Kano.
By the way the education problem is not about university education but elementary education.
That is the correct place to focus ,hopefully they will get it right in Kaduna.
It will be interesting to learn which disciplines Dangote is recruiting for.
It will be interesting also to learn the quality of professors that can be attracted to work in Kano

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Ade3000yrs(m): 9:46pm On Nov 04, 2018
Aboki is your friend. Who opened the Aboki eyes to corruption, education, bexposure, social ethics and culture? the rest of the other Nigerian tribe to include the ITK igbos, yorubas, and southerners; with all our education and brouhaha and belly cerfiticate and palification we are still not fit enough to produce a credible & eligible President than the most loathed Buharri & the likes of Atikulate. who have bewitched we Nigerians? Sometimes our noise is liken to that of the brays of a donkey In the husk of the sub Saharan dust at dusk. If not for the insurgency saga & the block minded creed & philosophy of religion, believe me, the Hausa man in Nigeria is the only man in Nigeria next to the angels and the best options Nigeria would always have to offer however demented and epileptic they might be likened to.

May God continue to bless Nigeria, may God continue to bless my country. As far as I know & I can tell, the worst schools in Nigeria are situated in the southern Nigeria, we the Yoruba's, southerners and the well travelled & well exposed igbos know this as a fact. The corruption we talked about in Nigeria today is loud and started all in the Nigerian southern Universities. from UI, UNILAG, to OAU to UNIPORT etc. I have said it that true restructuring and fight against corruption must first take root in our schools else we shall be heading no where in the next 100yrs in Nigeria due to the defective characters these southern schools continue to spew in the Nigerian society.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by poposki33: 10:01pm On Nov 04, 2018
what is the need when they will still be teaching in a university that does not have the required facilities
why not use their four year money and the money you'll be using to furnish their stay to improve even a department to the required standard
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Asour: 10:19pm On Nov 04, 2018
post=72666875:
We see Dangote doing this always, same thing as Oprah, Bill Gates and some other billionaires, what is the richest woman in Africa doing concerning philanthropy?
We beg to understand from anyone!
Here,
A few that are in the public domain:

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/why-we-donated-n1b-law-faculty-building-to-oyo-varsity-alakijas/

https://m.guardian.ng/news/foundation-donates-building-to-yaba-college-to-boosts-learning/
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/aregbesola-commissions-university-road-alakija-donates-n250m-project-completion/
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Ikpongiton: 11:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
rhajaan:
I laugh when other tribes see Northerners as unintelligent Abo..kis....they are silently taking over their educational structures from Southern bred academics and professors...see the amount of scholarships offered to their indigenes.....
They would have gone for good southern professors...but they know they would dominate and Populate their system with southern brethren, knowing fully well they(Northerners) cannot do this in the south ...rather they went for foreign Profs. who would not care about domination but would mentor the Northern academics.

Take a look at Ekiti for example and see how the educational structures are rapidly falling. If you have ever schooled up North...there is a systematic plan to have Northerners...foreign trained and obviously better...to take over from southerners in most Universities... eg ABU and BUK...

you de beg make nigeria no divide,na the same you de post hate speech
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Ikpongiton: 11:36pm On Nov 04, 2018
WaffenSS:

Southern professors and lecturers are mediocre
and northern professors and lecturers are what? i guess,bull shit .
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Ikpongiton: 11:43pm On Nov 04, 2018
[quote author=FriendNG post=72680792]

Who fed you with lies? Who is running the northern schools? Are you the one?[/quote Which school?the one, they teach english language with hausa ?
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Ikpongiton: 12:08am On Nov 05, 2018
the only people that support this rudeness and arrogance from these yam heads,are the yorubas.without them,you people would have been long gone
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by KanwuliaExtra: 12:10am On Nov 05, 2018
Nigerian professors are not qualified for any “GWORO-UNI”! grin
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Ikpongiton: 12:14am On Nov 05, 2018
rhajaan:

but by and large,you can not still survive without us.you're struggling to stand,
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:15am On Nov 05, 2018
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by FriendNG: 12:18am On Nov 05, 2018
Ikpongiton:

Which school?the one, they teach english language with hausa ?

No the ones that teach with Arabic language. Empty headed. Sit down there in ur potopoto republic and be feeding ur brain with lies to make u comfortable.
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by FriendNG: 12:19am On Nov 05, 2018
Ikpongiton:
but by and large,you can not still survive without us.you're struggling to stand,

To stand where with you? To stand in what exactly?
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by FriendNG: 12:28am On Nov 05, 2018
0monnak0da:

Sorry but you are not making sense.
After 60 years importing professors is progress?
Abokis are as intelligent as everyone. That's not the issue.
The issue is culture. Islamic culture to be precise
Emirs are not traditional rulers they are religious leaders which is a fundamental issue. The Sultanate is a fundamental problem very different from traditional rulers in the South.
As long as you have that system the north will not progress even if you bring Harvard university to Kano.
By the way the education problem is not about university education but elementary education.
That is the correct place to focus ,hopefully they will get it right in Kaduna.
It will be interesting to learn which disciplines Dangote is recruiting for.
It will be interesting also to learn the quality of professors that can be attracted to work in Kano

Which system and what culture are you talking about. Be specific. And you said north will not progress, tell us how. Use the Kano you particularly mentioned as case study. And tell us how your state has progressed better than kano.
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by FriendNG: 12:31am On Nov 05, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
Nigerian professors are not qualified for any “GWORO-UNI”! grin

Ofcourse second class professors are not welcome down here.
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Ikpongiton: 1:00am On Nov 05, 2018
FriendNG:

No the ones that teach with Arabic language. Empty headed. Sit down there in ur potopoto republic and be feeding ur brain with lies to make u comfortable.
you lack every thing.from drinking water to house with proper ventilation.i know kano,in side out.from the local villages like garu,panshekara,kumbotso to dala where aminu kano lived and other places like karaye and tiga.you're 2 far bnd.you defecate in d open field.infact,no matter what a thief steal,he cant be better than the owner of the property
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by FriendNG: 1:19am On Nov 05, 2018
Ikpongiton:
you lack every thing.from drinking water to house with proper ventilation.i know kano,in side out.from the local villages like garu,panshekara,kumbotso to dala where aminu kano lived and other places like karaye and tiga.you're 2 far bnd.you defecate in d open field.infact,no matter what a thief steal,he cant be better than the owner of the property

Are you from Lagos or Abuja? If not from the two then you live in a village because none of your villages (states) is up to the standard of Kano. You know nothing you're a liar.

No state or city in Southern Nigeria can match Kano development with the exception of Lagos.

Talking of open defecation it's more prevalent in your region because it is a norm down south to answer the call of nature in public be it urinating or the other one.

For every person defacating outside in any northern state I bet you 20 or more are doing same in the south.

So what nonsense are you talking about when you live in a palace far far worse. You're living in a landlocked region that you have to come down to kano and othe northern states to survive.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Mrukk: 5:37am On Nov 05, 2018
ivanalimi:
I laugh in Swahili.northerners taking over in education.u must be high on osogbo weed.av u ever wondered why they never cross over to the south for their tertiary education? most of their secondary school graduates cannot even spell onions correctly. the north is backward in everything my friend education included. its not surprising though. they place much emphasis on Islamic education and frown at western education. they are ignorant and proudly so.
Bro,dont think an average secondarian that finish from a public school in south is better than counterpart in the north truth be told I am having my Postgraduate programme in one of the northern state university and I can tell you that northerner are not as daft or unintelligent as we always presume down South. Most of their lecturers here are foreign trained especially for their PhDs they can compete favourably with their southern counterpart or even better. I had my first degree in one of the top southwestern university and I can feel the difference. Though the number of those educated may not be as high as those in the south but they are coming up with full force I must tell you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Ikpongiton: 6:34am On Nov 05, 2018
FriendNG:

Are you from Lagos or Abuja? If not from the two then you live in a village because none of your villages (states) is up to the standard of Kano. You know nothing you're a liar.

No state or city in Southern Nigeria can match Kano development with the exception of Lagos.

Talking of open defecation it's more prevalent in your region because it is a norm down south to answer the call of nature in public be it urinating or the other one.

For every person defacating outside in any northern state I bet you 20 or more are doing same in the south.

So what nonsense are you talking about when you live in a palace far far worse. You're living in a landlocked region that you have to come down to kano and othe northern states to survive.
what is in northern states that people will come to survive on? you describe the area that has the weather,the ocean,seas,rivers and abundant rain as landlock.when nigeria split is when you will know that you are in a desert
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by ikpuchinonye(m): 6:50am On Nov 05, 2018
FriendNG:

oga, I have been to Kano state and you can't compare it to southern states in terms for standard of living, Human development index,child education and yes open defecation is more rampant in the north including Kano..only few places in Kano is developed,the rest of the places are underdeveloped and still very much villages.
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 7:17am On Nov 05, 2018
ikpuchinonye:
oga, I have been to Kano state and you can't compare it to southern states in terms for standard of living, Human development index,child education and yes open defecation is more rampant in the north including Kano..only few places in Kano is developed,the rest of the places are underdeveloped and still very much villages.
I been across Nigeria When it comes to open defecation,southern part lead the way. And is you argue this fact,then i bet my life that you never been to the north. Ask any of your friends that did his nysc up north.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by abuhari: 7:22am On Nov 05, 2018
Weldone,Dangote how wish other billionier will emulate this gusture invest more on education and people welfare.
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by FriendNG: 7:40am On Nov 05, 2018
ikpuchinonye:

Yes you cannot compare Kano to any southern Village (state) except Lagos. You're a liar for any open defecation 20 or more is ongoing in South because naturally those in the south don't value their privacy while others will shit in nylons and throw it away. Decieve those that do not know.

Tell me all the local government in your states are developed and are cities. If you're not in Abuja or Lagos then no point arguiny with you because you live in a slum.

Kano City alone is 8 local government area while I bet your state capital will hardly be more then 1 local government.

And the entire 5 Southeastern states you came from is less than Niger State.
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by FriendNG: 7:47am On Nov 05, 2018
Ikpongiton:
what is in northern states that people will come to survive on? you describe the area that has the weather,the ocean,seas,rivers and abundant rain as landlock.when nigeria split is when you will know that you are in a desert

What are your million of brothers doing here in northern states? They cannot live with you in your state. Some don't go home even for Christmas or New year because it's here they earn living not in your states.

And when northern youth advice you leave and go & develope your region, u will be crying up and down running from sultan of sokoto to gov ganduje to save you.
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by ikpuchinonye(m): 7:52am On Nov 05, 2018
FriendNG:

[s]Yes you cannot compare Kano to any southern Village (state) except Lagos. You're a liar for any open defecation 20 or more is ongoing in South because naturally those in the south don't value their privacy while others will shit in nylons and throw it away. Decieve those that do not know.

Tell me all the local government in your states are developed and are cities. If you're not in Abuja or Lagos then no point arguiny with you because you live in a slum.

Kank City alone is 8 local government area while I bet your state capital will hardly be more then 1 local government[/s].
Tell that to someone who hasn't been to kano state before..yes my state is a village,its a village with good standard of living, low mortality rate, high literate population, polio has been has eradicated in my village, terrorists don't go about strapping bomb and murdering people in my village, high HDI,my villagers don't go about killing innocent people when they loose presidential election and finally my village was declared the safest place to live in Nigeria.maybe Kano state still has alot to learn from my village.
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by FriendNG: 7:56am On Nov 05, 2018
[s]
ikpuchinonye:
Tell that to someone who hasn't been to kano state before..yes my state is a village,its a village with good standard of living, low mortality rate, high literate population, polio has been has eradicated in my village, terrorists don't go about strapping bomb and murdering people in my village, high HDI,my villagers don't go about killing innocent people when they loose presidential election and finally my village was declared the safest place to live in Nigeria.maybe Kano state still has alot to learn from my village.
[/s]

Those that stop the high rate of cultism, rituals, monkey pox, prostitution, baby factory business and illigal migration to Europe via libya?

Those that stop the hate between yourselves. Onces your brother is making it in life, ur aim is to bring him down.

The entire Southeastern is less than Niger State in landmass. It's very small yet far underdeveloped.
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by ikpuchinonye(m): 8:03am On Nov 05, 2018
FriendNG:
[s]quote author=ikpuchinonye post=72692712]Tell that to someone who hasn't been to kano state before..yes my state is a village,its a village with good standard of living, low mortality rate, high literate population, polio has been has eradicated in my village, terrorists don't go about strapping bomb and murdering people in my village, high HDI,my villagers don't go about killing innocent people when they loose presidential election and finally my village was declared the safest place to live in Nigeria.maybe Kano state still has alot to learn from my village.[/s]

Those that stop the high rate of cultism, rituals, monkey pox, prostitution, baby factory business and illigal migration to Europe via libya?

Those that stop the hate between yourselves. Onces your brother is making it in life, ur aim is to bring him down.
And the aboki think that Northerners don't engage in prostitution,ritual killings..it's better to be a cultist than be terrorist, at least cultists don't kill innocent people and my people are not edos who migrate to Europe via Libya..I repeat, you can never compare my village to any of place in North..we don't think and reason like you people..
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Ikpongiton: 8:36am On Nov 05, 2018
FriendNG:

What are your million of brothers doing here in northern states? They cannot live with you in your state. Some don't go home even for Christmas or New year because it's here they earn living not in your states.

And when northern youth advice you leave and go & develope your region, u will be crying up and down running from sultan of sokoto to gov ganduje to save you.
People from bring in oil money from south and invest in your ragtag region and create jobs for d unbated almajiris,unlike the nuisances i see here with shoe shinning packs and you are foaming in the mouth about how developed kano is

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NUC Presents Provisional Licenses To 37 Private Universities (see Full List) / Does Intelligence Depends More On The Environment Than Genetic Factors / SS3 Student Falls From Mango Tree, Dies In Ondo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.