Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,027 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Ekiti Stakeholders Sack Fayose As PDP Leader, Affirm Replacement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Stakeholders Sack Fayose As PDP Leader, Affirm Replacement (360 Views)

People Hailing Fayose As He Storms Ekiti House Of Assembly / EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe / 'Don't Let Fayose Die': Isaac Fayose As Security Surround Ekiti Govt House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Ekiti Stakeholders Sack Fayose As PDP Leader, Affirm Replacement by MediahelmNGR: 9:01am On Nov 04, 2018
Former governor Ayodele Fayose has been removed as the leader of the party in Ekiti state
- Stakeholders in Ekiti state adopted the Senate minority leader, Abiodun Olujimi, as the leader of the party in the state and southwest
- Olujimi assured supporters that they are on the same page with Fayose
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) stakeholders in Ekiti state have removed former governor Ayodele Fayose as the leader of the party in the state.
Senate minority leader, Senator Biodun Olujimi, who is the party’s highest ranking political office holder in the southwest geo-political zone was affirmed as PDP’s new leader in Ekiti state and southwest region.
The Nation reports that the stakeholders called for the immediate dissolution of the present State Working Committee led by the state PDP chairman, Gboyega Oguntuase, and demanded the constitution of a caretaker committee.
These resolutions were reached at Ekiti PDP stakeholders meeting which held in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital, and was attended by serving and former political office holders.
Those who attended the meeting included Olujimi, former deputy governor, Dr. Sikiru Lawal; former acting governor, Olatunji Odeyemi; Ekiti Assembly deputy speaker, Segun Adewumi; former state PDP Chairman, Chief Bola Olu-Ojo; governorship aspirants, former National Assembly members, former State Assembly members, former local government chairmen and former party officers.
Speaking with reporters after the meeting, Senator Olujimi explained that Fayose was excluded from the meeting owing to the fact that he had just been released from detention by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over alleged financial fraud.
“We knew what he might have passed through by staying in detention and we know it might not be easy for him to attend this meeting, so there is no faction at all in our party. My being appointed the Leader does not mean there is crisis.
“The very day he left office was the day he was summoned by EFCC and we knew the rigour he had passed through. We are going to work together, I mean with former Governor Fayose. What we are doing is that we don’t want to allow his exit from office to mean the end of PDP in Ekiti.
"So, let me assure our supporters that we are on the same page with former Governor Fayose and other stakeholders. We are not factionalised and we shall work hard and ensure we win in next year’s election,” she said.
Also, the suspension of former state secretary, Dr. Temitope Aluko, was overturned and he was affirmed as a bona fide member of the party.
The leaders also resolved to throw their weight behind the candidacy of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar in the 2019 presidential poll and other Ekiti candidates in the general elections.
Legit.ng had reported that Fayose regained freedom after spending 13 days in custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). According to his aide, Lere Olayinka, Fayose was released on Monday, October 29. He is expected to return to the Federal High Court in Ikoyi from November 19 for his trial.
Fayose was arraigned at a High Court in Lagos after he presented himself at the office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission in Abuja. He was later granted a N50 million bail, but failed to meet the conditions on Friday.
The former governor and his company, Spotless Limited, are facing an 11-count charge of conspiracy and money laundering amounting to ₦2.2 billion.

https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/11/ekiti-stakeholders-sack-fayose-as-pdp.html
Mynd44
lalasticlala
seun

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Stakeholders Sack Fayose As PDP Leader, Affirm Replacement by shutto: 9:03am On Nov 04, 2018
Why nah?
Re: Ekiti Stakeholders Sack Fayose As PDP Leader, Affirm Replacement by Officialpdpnig: 9:05am On Nov 04, 2018
What a calamitous calamity! My party is dying right before my eyes. What to do what to do? cry

When our rock becomes stripped of all vestiges of power and relevance so close to 2019 then I am afraid the case of my party may just have become the case of " mene mene tekel upharsin" cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Stakeholders Sack Fayose As PDP Leader, Affirm Replacement by yarimo(m): 9:07am On Nov 04, 2018
FAYOSE the lizard of the opposition Don enter real one chance. PDP party of professional one chance drivers grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Stakeholders Sack Fayose As PDP Leader, Affirm Replacement by 46O1CE: 9:09am On Nov 04, 2018
Igbos terrorists supported GEJ .
They supported Jimi Agbaje
They supported the dancing senator
They supported Fayose .
We all see what happened to these people .
Now they’re supporting Atiku ...
I pause here

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Stakeholders Sack Fayose As PDP Leader, Affirm Replacement by Officialpdpnig: 9:14am On Nov 04, 2018
46O1CE:
Igbos terrorists supported GEJ .
They supported Jimi Agbaje
They supported the dancing senator
They supported Fayose .
We all see what happened to these people .
Now they’re supporting Atiku ...
I pause here

I don't understand your logic. What happened to the other people on your list?

But they also supported nnamdi kanu, FFK, Saraki, kwankwaso, Tambuwal, what happened to those ones too?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Stakeholders Sack Fayose As PDP Leader, Affirm Replacement by baliyubla: 9:14am On Nov 04, 2018
Just a little push from federal to help rubbish Fayose, who they once bowed to and licked his feet, and they are already game. Guess that's why some call them Afonjas afterall. So very unreliable.
Re: Ekiti Stakeholders Sack Fayose As PDP Leader, Affirm Replacement by Scatterscatter(m): 9:40am On Nov 04, 2018
baliyubla:
Just a little push from federal to help rubbish Fayose, who they once bowed to and licked his feet, and they are already game. Guess that's why some call them Afonjas afterall. So very unreliable.

And where as your reliability gotten you to? Ignorant piss licker of cowards (Nnamdi kanu & ojukwu)
Re: Ekiti Stakeholders Sack Fayose As PDP Leader, Affirm Replacement by Mynd44: 9:44am On Nov 04, 2018

(1)

North-west PDP Spokesman Defects To APC, Says ‘buhari Has Done Well’ / Disturbing Video Of Police Brutality On Yahoo Boys / How Plot To Embarrass Atiku,plant Foreign Currencies Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.