Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike (51644 Views)

ASUU Commences Indefinite Strike / ASUU Commences Nationwide Warning Strike / "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by aminulive: 10:39pm On Nov 04, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has ordered its members across the country to commence an indefinite strike action.

PoliticsNGR gathered that the announcement was made after a meeting of leaders of the union on Sunday at the Federal University of Technology, Akure, Ondo state.

The National President of ASUU, Professor Abiodun Ogunyemi, revealed that the union took the decision due to the poor funding of universities in the country.

He stressed that the strike will be indefinite and total.

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-ASUU-commences-indefinite-nationwide-strike/

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by obasig: 10:42pm On Nov 04, 2018
Let them continue buhari see what you caused

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by fergie001: 10:43pm On Nov 04, 2018
Hnmmmmm......
It's a wah....

This is the political season so they know that the only way to hold the Government is to institute a strike now.....and put them into panic-rush to release funds......

Our biggest enemies are ourselves sha

128 Likes 10 Shares

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Codezz: 10:49pm On Nov 04, 2018
Nothing seem to work under this lifeless idi*t embarassed

148 Likes 15 Shares

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 04, 2018
sad Garri in the morning, Garri in the afternoon, Gaari in the night. Gaari every day sad Which kain life be this? sad

147 Likes 12 Shares

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by LOWPEAK: 10:50pm On Nov 04, 2018
The time is right.... A little confusion will serve the English speaking prof and his cohort well....

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by OboOlora(f): 10:50pm On Nov 04, 2018
Good!
Now the female undergraduates can do their olosho side hustle in peace and raise some money before school starts!

78 Likes

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Wizdray: 10:50pm On Nov 04, 2018
Oooooooh!! Why nah. Lifeless should do something about it abeg sad

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by stainlink(m): 10:50pm On Nov 04, 2018
Hmmm.
Nigeria is in a sorry state (has always) and our leaders only play politics with our lives.

Most countries both developed and developing do not find themselves in this quagmire because of responsible leaders and citizenry alike.

The issues of persistent strikes, poor electricity, bad roads, non existent pipe borne water, hunger has been there since I understand what the words mean and still no improvement.

It's not about party affiliation (PDP or APC), it about taking on responsibility as individuals and holding leaders accountable

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Kenekingisback: 10:50pm On Nov 04, 2018
Useless APC govt
Tinubu should have a meeting with them as FG delegate shocked

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by charleymed(m): 10:50pm On Nov 04, 2018
This is sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by DonFreshmoney(m): 10:50pm On Nov 04, 2018
Even me am going for an indefinite strike. No eating, No posting on Nairaland, Seun must hear am.

I urge everyone to join.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Famocious(m): 10:50pm On Nov 04, 2018
ASUU then NLC strike after they've all collected October salaries.. It's ok.

The big question is 'is Nigeria rich enough to meet the demands of these Unions?

My answer is NO!

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by viver1: 10:50pm On Nov 04, 2018
Abeg o
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by alukstea(m): 10:50pm On Nov 04, 2018
ASUU -A name for Nigeria’s best striker ..

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by WFblacc(m): 10:51pm On Nov 04, 2018
Sai Buhari 3023

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Postboiswag(m): 10:51pm On Nov 04, 2018
Me Don kuku finsh my exam
Nysc next

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Last355(m): 10:51pm On Nov 04, 2018
buhari why...

my parents will wound me with farm going cry cry

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by emillionaire: 10:51pm On Nov 04, 2018
shocked shocked shocked shocked blog blood
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by kolikay(m): 10:51pm On Nov 04, 2018
cry
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Osama92(m): 10:51pm On Nov 04, 2018
Strike for what?
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by emmygoldlee(m): 10:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
This people just dey declare strike anyhow

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by mrLhanray(m): 10:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
why?
ASUU strike before school, ASUU strike while in school, ASUU strike after school...
Both ASUU and GOVT don't give a sh*t about education, they are all after personal gains...

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Browndawn: 10:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
They should just this nonsense o....Lautech medical student don turn to grandpa and grandma finish for here o

8 Likes

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by niyidenrele: 10:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
OF CAMBRIDGE, WAEC AND IMPLACABLE WAILERS
In 1948, three bodies met to brainstorm on education (particularly examination) needs in West Africa. The bodies were: University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate, University of London School Examinations Matriculation Council and West African Department of Education. At the meeting, Dr. George Barker Jeffery (Director of the University Of London Institute Of Education) was appointed to visit the four Anglophone West African countries i.e. Gambia, Ghana, Nigeria and Sierra Leone, for that purpose.
That initiative and visitation led to the establishment of the West African Examination Council, WAEC, in 1952 for the four Anglophone countries. WAEC was/is head quartered in Gold Coast, now Ghana.
Effectively therefore, from 1952, related Cambridge and UoL examinations were conducted and administered in agency with WAEC.
So, if you are a university graduate and you are among those asking how WAEC issues Cambridge Exams Attestation or certificate, I cannot be rude and declare your education a waste. I won't.
But, I'll say don't be a lazy wailer. Google is a selfless friend.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Babaalawo: 10:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
ASUU don launch the strike.NLC,TUC,NUPENG.......loading

9 Likes

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by SamOgasco(m): 10:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
Smile! It's a season of strike here and there. May there be election come next year.
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Henz24(m): 10:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
fergie001:
Hnmmmmm......
It's a wah....

This is the political season so they know that the only way to hold the Government is to institute a strike now.....and put them into panic-rush to release funds......

Our biggest enemies are ourselves sha
our government is the issue, how can people be working under the kind of condition our universities are

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by oyejideogunjumo: 10:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
This government took over from PDP using all sorts their lapses against them.Unfortinatrly within the first three years or so they have proved to be no difference.
NLC, ASUU at the same time and they seem not care

10 Likes

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Toosure70: 10:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
Nothing seems working at all.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by FRESHG(m): 10:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
ASUU NA IPOD YOOTHS-NGWERE UKWUENU

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Prosperchuks1344(m): 10:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
there was a country

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori / Induction Of Theatre Arts 100 Level Students Of UNIZIK. PICS / Motunrayo Afolayan: Olabisi Olaleye In Sex For Marks Accusation Scandal In OAU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.