Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,112 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike (51674 Views)

ASUU Commences Indefinite Strike / ASUU Commences Nationwide Warning Strike / "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Johnboom: 5:41am On Nov 05, 2018
Most oau students will like this. We need rest but don't let it be too long. White house courses we not kill us.
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by PharmaGirl(f): 6:00am On Nov 05, 2018
No no no!

This is not fair embarassed
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:09am On Nov 05, 2018
Famocious:
ASUU then NLC strike after they've all collected October salaries.. It's ok.

The big question is 'is Nigeria rich enough to meet the demands of these Unions?

My answer is NO!
So what happened to all the recovered funds, increase in IGR from FIRS, Customs, Jamb and other agencies, reduction in leakages through implimentation of TSA as claimed In addition to improvement in the oil price?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by macIB(m): 6:13am On Nov 05, 2018
Famocious:

The big question is 'is Nigeria rich enough to meet the demands of these Unions?

My answer is NO!

My friend, the answer is YES. Nigeria is rich enough to meet any demand whatsoever by the citizens. The corruption in high places, the incredulous salary allocated to politicians and lack of political will are the reasons we are in this sorry state as a nation.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Juliearth(f): 6:20am On Nov 05, 2018
fergie001:
Hnmmmmm......
It's a wah....

This is the political season so they know that the only way to hold the Government is to institute a strike now.....and put them into panic-rush to release funds......

Our biggest enemies are ourselves sha

You are right,bro. However, I think the biggest enemy here is the government. Strike actions are not just imposed over night. There always has to be one or two dialogue meetings. Any government that would allow it's labour force embark on strike actions before taking actions is irresponsible.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Deapexboy(m): 6:22am On Nov 05, 2018
Codezz:
Nothing seem to work under this lifeless idi*t embarassed

Under the watch of ur mini God GEJ ASUU strike for 11 months. Did you forget?

BTW their reason for striking like thunder now has always been a long time request b4 Buhari assume office so STP blaming Buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 6:23am On Nov 05, 2018
Famocious:

My answer is NO!

How come the poverty is only felt by civil servants? We have the highest paid legislators in the world, The president budgets millions for a haircut. No sir, we are not that poor. the money is just not going round

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by bellotaofeek: 6:23am On Nov 05, 2018
Ejimagift:
sad Garri in the morning, Garri in the afternoon, Gaari in the night. Gaari every day sad Which kain life be this? sad

Garri life. grin Make God have mercy on us
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by lexy2014: 6:27am On Nov 05, 2018
fergie001:
Hnmmmmm......
It's a wah....

This is the political season so they know that the only way to hold the Government is to institute a strike now.....and put them into panic-rush to release funds......

Our biggest enemies are ourselves sha
they wont even "panicly" release funds. they will just promise heaven and earth and ASUU will still fall like all these babes that their boyfriends come to beg them after cheating on them
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by gratiaeo(m): 6:30am On Nov 05, 2018
APC thought blaming PDP will win them second tenure, they are only deceiving themselves.
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Sardauna24(m): 6:34am On Nov 05, 2018
OboOlora:
Good!
Now the female undergraduates can do their olosho side hustle in peace and raise some money before school starts!
Are u one of them?
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by gratiaeo(m): 6:35am On Nov 05, 2018
lexy2014:

they wont even "panicly" release funds. they will just promise heaven and earth and ASUU will still fall like all these babes that their boyfriends come to beg them after cheating on them
ASUU problem or any union in Nigeria is their leader once their leader receives bank alart the strike is over
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by freemi(m): 6:43am On Nov 05, 2018
Ejimagift:
sad Garri in the morning, Garri in the afternoon, Gaari in the night. Gaari every day sad Which kain life be this? sad

pls it is for poor fundn of educatn not stomach
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by engrelvis(m): 6:47am On Nov 05, 2018
gratiaeo:

ASUU problem or any union in Nigeria is their leader once their leader receives bank alart the strike is over
dnt mind dem.all Vc n labor leaders r corrupt n looking for their pockets.lf u like take minimum wage to 100k n there is no proper economy policies we r going back to square one.ls when our union leaders go on strike because of d over size salaries our idiot politicians r collecting I will take dem serious.
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Auwal123: 6:50am On Nov 05, 2018
ASUU the best strike, every time I hear ASUU next thing is strike

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Reference(m): 6:57am On Nov 05, 2018
macIB:

My friend, the answer is YES. Nigeria is rich enough to meet any demand whatsoever by the citizens. The corruption in high places, the incredulous salary allocated to politicians and lack of political will are the reasons we are in this sorry state as a nation.

That is why we are here, ignorance amongst the citizenry is at an all time high. You just read the news, pick out the flashy headlines and run with it. Yes there is corruption, yes there is imbalance in resource distribution but there is a little statistic of dividing the entire productivity of tje country by her population which dane minds use which ranks us as a poor country, period.

That figure will not get each individual citizen of this country qualitative basics thoughtless of aspects of what you may consider standars of the wealthy of which college education is one.

Today we may have around a figure of twenty million youth eligible for university educational status. A rudimentary multiplication of the cost per head per year to accomplish this to a decent standard exceeds the entire annual budget of the Nigerian state. That is a fact.

Nigeria is a poor country. Poverty as a demographic is simply having too many people to cater for wirh very limited resources. Share all the income this country makes and people will still not be able to afford a decent life.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 05, 2018
fault of PDP
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by bleskid: 7:22am On Nov 05, 2018
grin cheesy
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Davidinho712(m): 7:23am On Nov 05, 2018
So person can't graduate in peace..... Na wa ooo
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by dfo12(m): 7:23am On Nov 05, 2018
Famocious:

My answer is NO!

Is Nigeria rich enough to meet the demands of these Unions?
My answer is YES!
Are the greedy governors and politicians willing to better the lives of their subjects?
My answer is they do not care about the people.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 05, 2018
obasig:
Let them continue buhari see what you caused
the reason why ASUU is going on strike is because the federal and them did not come to terms with and agreement that was in existence b4 buhari came into office..
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Famocious(m): 7:27am On Nov 05, 2018
engrfcuksmtin:
So what happened to all the recovered funds, increase in IGR from FIRS, Customs, Jamb and other agencies, reduction in leakages through implimentation of TSA as claimed In addition to improvement in the oil price?

It is not about payment of salary for 7 months with recovered money but sustainability without nosediving into regrettable deficit.. The payment is not only at the federal level but state and local government inclusive.
The 18000 that is being paid not, many state governments are struggling to pay it promptly.

Even if all the loopholes are blocked, payment of the demanded wages is not sustainable.

Most Nigerians have strong believe that we are rich...
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Famocious(m): 7:31am On Nov 05, 2018
dfo12:

Is Nigeria rich enough to meet the demands of these Unions?
My answer is YES!
Are the greedy governors and politicians willing to better the lives of their subjects?
My answer is they do not care about the people.

I agree with you that the cost of our governance is very expensive.. But you and I know that cutting down the cost of governance is a decision that will be made by all the three arms of our government... Running after that is like chasing a shadow
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by DanZenithh(m): 7:45am On Nov 05, 2018
cool

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Donvick45(m): 7:48am On Nov 05, 2018
We the architecture students rejoce and jubilate on this strike make we go rest abeg we no go die for Design
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by McCoy662(m): 7:52am On Nov 05, 2018
But this ASUU leaders are greedy idiots. how can they strike every two weeks?? on the other hand, the president is a bastard. I just wonder if and when things can get better in this country.
my four year course now is taking to 6 years
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by tobidam: 7:54am On Nov 05, 2018
Ejimagift:

For real? How did you get subscription money?
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by kazeeyoung(m): 7:58am On Nov 05, 2018
The house of Thieves (Senate & National Assembly) will keep silent on this shocked shocked... Useless law makers...
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by bamasite(m): 8:03am On Nov 05, 2018
THE LONGEST ASUU STRIKE IN THE HISTORY OF THIS NATION HAPPENED UNDER JONATHAN. GO CHECK THE RECORDS.
Codezz:
Nothing seem to work under this lifeless idi*t embarassed
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Ategberoson(m): 8:21am On Nov 05, 2018
Buhari should rather sit up before this Union spoil him market

the money donating up and down should be channel on Nigeria problem at hands.
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by fergie001: 8:24am On Nov 05, 2018
Juliearth:

You are right,bro. However, I think the biggest enemy here is the government. Strike actions are not just imposed over night. There always has to be one or two dialogue meetings. Any government that would allow it's labour force embark on strike actions before taking actions is irresponsible.
I believe it's how we are wired...
Talk from today till tomorrow....nothing
Call for strike,you see deceiving themselves holding nocturnal meetings.....
Strike is the only thing that irks and embarrasses them...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? / 500-Level UNIBEN Student Shot Dead Inside School Premises / Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.