Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:57 AM

"Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU (26227 Views)

Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU / It’s Fake News! ASUU Has Not Declared Indefinite Strike / ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by Nollyzonenews: 5:51am On Nov 05, 2018
The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has announced the commencement of an indefinite nationwide strike with immediate effect. The decision was announced at the end of an emergency meeting on Sunday night. Briefing newsmen after the closed door meeting, ASUU president, Professor Biodun Ogunyemi, said the strike will be total and commence with immediate effect.

He listed the reasons for their action to include:

1. Failure on the side of the government to honour the memorandum of action signed between the union and the federal government in 2017

2. Renegotiation with ASUU which the government intentionally ignored with impunity. Professor Ogunyemi therefore directed all the state chapters to ensure full compliance until their demands are met.

Source: https://www.dailynaija.com/post/why-we-declare-indefinite-nationwide-strike-ASUU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by Derawiz(m): 5:54am On Nov 05, 2018
I don't even understand this country,everything is just up side down.I was supposed to resume classes today and now this?
Life after school in Nigeria is hard,Life in school is also hard,naija which way??

91 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by Derawiz(m): 5:54am On Nov 05, 2018
Nollyzonenews:
The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has announced the commencement of an indefinite nationwide strike with immediate effect. The decision was announced at the end of an emergency meeting on Sunday night. Briefing newsmen after the closed door meeting, ASUU president, Professor Biodun Ogunyemi, said the strike will be total and commence with immediate effect.

1. Failure on the side of the government to honour the memorandum of action signed between the union and the federal government in 2017

2. Renegotiation with ASUU which the government intentionally ignored with impunity. Professor Ogunyemi therefore directed all the state chapters to ensure full compliance until their demands are met.

Source: https://www.dailynaija.com/post/why-we-declare-indefinite-nationwide-strike-ASUU
Lalasticlala Fynestboi, Richiez, olawalebabs
Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by MAXIKENNEXUS(m): 6:36am On Nov 05, 2018
This is a good move. Something must change before January.
If you know, You know.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by iceboy4752(m): 6:38am On Nov 05, 2018
I was optimistic about getting an admission this November, but this strike.... angry
Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 05, 2018
Nollyzonenews:

Lalasticlala Fynestboi, Richiez, olawalebabs
Una father. Una no go allow my fiancee finish her final exams before our December wedding?

4 Likes

Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by rengsho: 8:21am On Nov 05, 2018
See what Lifeless Buhari is causing this Country.

1 Like

Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 05, 2018
Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by Emodeee: 8:27am On Nov 05, 2018
DonDemu:
Una father. Una no go allow my fiancee finish her final exams before our December wedding?

be using style to tell us that your wedding comes up in december. Where is the venue?cheesy Btw, is your fiancee a nairalander? Make we see whether she SET like a topic in maths.cheesy.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by Roadto2019: 8:39am On Nov 05, 2018
Tolastic:
Doesn't seem like my school is on strike o.
Which school?
Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by Uyi168: 8:40am On Nov 05, 2018
rengsho:
See what Lifeless Buhari is causing this Country.
ASUU strike is perennial...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by hakeem4(m): 8:46am On Nov 05, 2018
this is one reason why i prefer private school over government owned school

4 Likes

Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by Kenekingisback: 9:48am On Nov 05, 2018
Amazing grin
Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by Boom33(m): 10:04am On Nov 05, 2018
Me planning my future:

Finish University in 4years,

1 year of service,

Get a good job

and finally get Married.

ASUU STRICK:

42 Likes

Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by Heywhizzy(m): 10:09am On Nov 05, 2018
ASUU keep striking ASUU like, till thunder plays a you on you and strike all your members

Every little opportunity, ASUU will pounce and strike, yet each academic staff keep exploiting students.. ASUU always striking for their bellies, you would think they joined NLC to strike for minimum wage, only to find out they've started reminding government of their Trillion naira promise

I am just happy I've graduated and I'm done with project, prayers up for the rest yet to finish project, I pray their supervisors attend to them

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by sojayy(m): 10:09am On Nov 05, 2018
ASUU,nlc,tuc and nupeng strike at once........kuku kill FG grin grin..........FG right now undecided undecided

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 05, 2018
H
Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 05, 2018
Is it a crime to be A Nigerian?..

Everything in this country is upside down.. What a country

NAWA O..

4 Likes

Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by adecz: 10:10am On Nov 05, 2018
undecided undecided undecided

I wonder why Buhari is so
stubborn when it comes to welfare
of its citizens.

Do they even wonder how ppl have
being surviving with 18k, with wife &
two kids?

In this same country, the Nigerian prison Service
said they feed each prisoner with 35k
every month!!

E be like say, make some families kuku
enter prison with dem children.

May be Buhari wants everybody to become
as skinny as himself or like Fulani.

undecided
undecided
undecided
undecided
undecided
undecided
undecided

3 Likes

Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by kondos: 10:10am On Nov 05, 2018
omo their strike don tire me ooo
Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by Kennedy94(m): 10:11am On Nov 05, 2018
Things are really hard in this country...
We struggle to get what belongs to us as people

1 Like

Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by theoldpretender(m): 10:11am On Nov 05, 2018
Nollyzonenews:

The elephant in the room is that the government cannot afford to fund universites adequately again....hence the strike.

To be honest, if universites were allowed to charge hefty fees, ASUU won't go on strike because there would be adequate funding for salaries, facilities, etc.

In 2013, the then government told ASUU the truth. And the truth is, if we want five star universites, we have to have five star fees, or pay hefty taxes.

Time for things like loans, scholarships and grants for students. Because I forsee another major fee rise.

3 Likes

Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by TRUSTEDGUY: 10:11am On Nov 05, 2018
Nigerian government are very good at breaking promises .

1 Like

Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by kingBenedict: 10:11am On Nov 05, 2018
This country don cast gan...
Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 05, 2018
Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by Groovenaija360(m): 10:12am On Nov 05, 2018
cheesy
Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by Puzzypleazer: 10:12am On Nov 05, 2018
please close down universities in naija. who school help for naija?
school is important but not in naija. the money u will waste in school, use it for a very good biz. 90% of petty market sellers are graduates. i keep asking them why they went to school. why will a masters degree holder be selling recharge card and fone charge? why will a bsc holder be selling bread in traffic. the highest school a nigeria should attend is a very good primary school to build u up and an average secondary school. shikina. Bleep university

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by 12345baba(m): 10:12am On Nov 05, 2018
NIGERIA JAGA JAGA! POOR MAN SUFFER SUFFER

3 Likes

Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by Khobiro: 10:12am On Nov 05, 2018
something must happen
Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 05, 2018
DonDemu:

5 Likes

Re: "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 05, 2018
another one... by dj khaled grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike / Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner / FGGC Owerri Wins First Overall in 2016/2017 WAEC Examinations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.