Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:40 AM

Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo (16499 Views)

Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium / Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by BluntBoy(m): 11:14pm On Nov 05, 2018
mutvy:
University of Ibadan had already produced one.

Which Nobel Prize?
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 05, 2018
it CAN NEVER happen,Overated institution
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by Fronesis: 11:18pm On Nov 05, 2018
DO you know what would happen to this country if we have visionary leaders like this in Politics? But our evil nature will never make us appreciate people like this amongst us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by Fronesis: 11:24pm On Nov 05, 2018
vaxx:
Then oyedepo is not realistic or maybe he has myopic mind on what it takes to win nobel laurel. Usually what it takes to win a Nobel in economics is to write the seminal paper in what will eventually become a vibrant subfield. If other researchers consistently cite you as the originator of the research program they are working in, that puts you in the running for a Nobel.

People typically win their Nobel about twenty or thirty years after making the contribution that will eventually win it for them. The work needs to stand the test of time.

It clearly shows you dont know the man Oyedepo. Everything about what he has achieved today were tagged impossible by many. Do you know the events surrounding the building of the tabernacle? Do you know the impossiible feats that surrounded the institution of COvenant University till date? Well, we shall see.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by elvision1(m): 12:10am On Nov 06, 2018
Sirheny007:

And if it does not come to pass,
we shall proceed to count it yet again as one of your many prophesies which did not come to pass.
Alleluia.

AnyoneButAtiku:

Fanciful projections for the impressionable.

Never a dull moment grin

Olddirtywizard:
Oyedepo's statement betrays his ignorance on what it takes to win a Nobel Prize.

Olddirtywizard:
Oyedepo's statement betrays his ignorance on what it takes to win a Nobel Prize.

IamaNigerianGuy:
Pastor is smoking weed again.

vaxx:
Then oyedepo is not realistic or maybe he has myopic mind on what it takes to win nobel laurel. Usually what it takes to win a Nobel in economics is to write the seminal paper in what will eventually become a vibrant subfield. If other researchers consistently cite you as the originator of the research program they are working in, that puts you in the running for a Nobel.

People typically win their Nobel about twenty or thirty years after making the contribution that will eventually win it for them. The work needs to stand the test of time.

Niketrouble:

Quoted for posterity
Olddirtywizard:

Olddirtywizard:

IamaNigerianGuy:

vaxx:

Niketrouble:

Quoted for posterity
AnyoneButAtiku:

Never a dull moment grin

Olddirtywizard:

Olddirtywizard:

IamaNigerianGuy:

vaxx:

Niketrouble:

Quoted for posterity
Olddirtywizard:

Olddirtywizard:

IamaNigerianGuy:

vaxx:

Niketrouble:

Quoted for posterity

Ladies and gentlemen, the bets are open and closes december 31st 2019
Winners take all. (no Pun intended)
The odds are in favour...
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by darfay: 12:44am On Nov 06, 2018
CoTenant:

please give me ur whatsapp line, I admire you a lot
am a follower of bishop David oyedepo

Wait you a follower of Oyedepo asin you worship him or what
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by TheAlchemist: 2:42am On Nov 06, 2018
HigherEd:

That is really not just a prophecy but a visionary drive. The University has a solid strategic plan on how to bring this to reality.

And you would be amazed what Nigerian lecturers can do when backed by solid funding. The church is very willing to bankroll this venture. If anything i am very certain CU's dept of Economics has what it takes to produce a Nobel Prize Winner in Economics.

What really is the biz of the church?
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 4:05am On Nov 06, 2018
RALPHOW:

He said few years ago that CU will be among the first 1000 Universities before it clock 20years, and you know what? It happened. Truely Oyedepo is a man of vision.

It is relatively easy to be in top 1000 universities especially if you receive free money in the form of tithes from gullible members. What is hard is being in top 50. FYI do you know that Lagos Business School was (is ?) a top 10 school ?
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by Admitwithschola: 4:23am On Nov 06, 2018
HigherEd:

That is really not just a prophecy but a visionary drive. The University has a solid strategic plan on how to bring this to reality.

And you would be amazed what Nigerian lecturers can do when backed by solid funding. The church is very willing to bankroll this venture. If anything i am very certain CU's dept of Economics has what it takes to produce a Nobel Prize Winner in Economics.

Some of you just talk shaaa. As someone who is very deep into economic research, except for a divine intervention from our Lord Himself, I do not think the current research being produced at Covenant econ department or at any econ department in Nigeria can produce a Nobel prize in Economics in the next 5 years, at least.

I like the way papa Oyedepo tries to motivate his university staff. However, academic attainment does not happen at once. It happens cumulatively, over time. If you go ask the lecturers themselves, fear will not gree them agree that with their current work, they can win a Nobel prize..Again, except the good Lord makes this happen in His inexplicable ways.

Tell me one, just one person at their econ department who has just one research publication at a top, top rated journal? The answer is none. To win a Nobel prize in few years, dem go don know you for many years in the research circle. Dem no dey win Nobel by wishing to win am. Paul Romer had been lurking around for many years before he won it this year. Anyway, the only way I think it's possible for someone from CU econ department to win a Nobel prize in 5 years is if it's divine. I cannot doubt when the good Lord wants something to happen. Dem no born me well..But if it's by academic research, CU is still years, years, years away. Sorry

Finally, my personal opinion on CU is that it's a great school, doing great things, easily one of the best in Nigeria. I respect the university. I even do research with their researcher(s). They are good and research-motivated. In the next 50 years or less, the university has the potential to drag positions with some of the top schools in this world...Maybe even produce a Nobel prize. But this won't happen overnight. Dem no dey win Nobel like that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by Admitwithschola: 4:24am On Nov 06, 2018
HigherEd:
The university should set it's gaze on Economics. Economics is a good place to start. The only problem would be in the area of policy adoption...

Africa is a fertile ground for Nobel Prizes because of the many challenges bedeviling the continent, so if the school can nurture specific young lecturers in Economics to pick up a problem and go after it with maximum vigour propelled by a funding pool larger than what they need, they would definitely come back with that coveted prize.

Lol, all you people make me laugh.
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by Admitwithschola: 4:28am On Nov 06, 2018
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by Admitwithschola: 4:34am On Nov 06, 2018
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by Admitwithschola: 4:40am On Nov 06, 2018
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by Admitwithschola: 4:44am On Nov 06, 2018
[.
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by Admitwithschola: 4:47am On Nov 06, 2018
[.
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by Admitwithschola: 4:52am On Nov 06, 2018
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by Admitwithschola: 4:56am On Nov 06, 2018
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by Admitwithschola: 5:01am On Nov 06, 2018
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by Damolux01(m): 7:11am On Nov 06, 2018
HigherEd:

One of the reasons Oyedepo is a role model to me is he has a way of identifying successful things and replicating it.
His thought process can be summarised into this "if that man can do this to get that result then i can copy what he did and get his results" Case study: his replication of Yongi Cho's 1 million congregation operations. The resemblance between Covenant and ORU is extraordinary, from compulsory chapel attendance to corporate dressing, the entrepreneurial drive of stanford. Till today Covenant doesn't take transfer students - even from the USA and never awards honorary degrees(deliberately cultivating prestige).

He followed Harvard's principle of not venturing into programmes they were not prepared for. Reason, why CU(richest private school) has never never ventured into Law or Medicine. It is not fear but strategy-A strategy that works for Harvard till tomorrow. When he declared Vision 10:2022, i'm sure NUC must have thought Oyedepo has actually gone mad grin No the man went and printed the vision everywhere on campus and kept repeating it to NUC anytime they visited. He led the management team to keep looking at the vision. I felt sorry for him that day he declared the vision. My lecturer was alarmed and felt insulted by the declaration of that vision, but today he is busy jumping telling everyone that CU is doing well. Now i don't feel sorry for him again. I now understand ridiculous ambitions are part of the 'Covenant Spirit'.

Oyedepo once said on visiting ORU, Texas. "If Roberts can build this here, then it can happen anywhere in the World". Today CU has surpassed the University on which it was spiritually modelled after-at least by Times Higher standard - very soon i would complete a book titled Oyedepo: A Man with an Asian soul becauae i am convinced he is a visionary radical.

Lee kuan yew of Singapore rarely did anything new to advance Singapore. In his words we simply copied other people's template and finetuned it to our own local need. This is the same brain power behind China's rise to prominence, they identify a problem, they study solutions of others and they go after it with everything they have. Case in study: China discovered its universities where lagging behind on all fronts. The country declared the "double first class mandate" which mandated 42 of China's best university to overtake western ones. Today, for the first time Tsinghua university China has surpassed Ntl Uni of Singapore as the best Asian institution and is coming close to Harvard and the likes while surpassing many other ivy leagues.

You can see what they are trying to do with their football league. China doesn't wait for the wind of positive change, they force it to blow in their direction.

That JF Kennedy's visionary spirit which says "Russia sent a man to the Space then America must send a man to the Moon" is very absent in Africa's leadership, dying out in Europe and on standstill in USA. And when few people try to stir the waters here in Africa we tell them many reasons why they can never succeed because we are too familiar with serial failures in govt.

Ifelola Olaleye

Good Morning! Seems you know alot about the school. I graduated from OAU, dept of International Relations and would love to have my MSc in Covenant. How many months is their Masters programme and how much is it?
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by Damolux01(m): 7:23am On Nov 06, 2018
jaxxy:
Producing a Nobel laureate is great bt being able to provide affordable bt yet quality education to thousands who can’t ever dream of it is a Greater achievement.

Pls add that to ur vision 2022.
Don't be deceived. Quality education can never be affordable for all. it doesn't come cheap. If you doubt this assertion...don't reply me...go ask IVY LEAGUE schools. If you want it cheap. Go to federal Unis.
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by jaxxy(m): 7:47am On Nov 06, 2018
Damolux01:
Don't be deceived. Quality education can never be affordable for all. it doesn't come cheap. If you doubt this assertion...don't reply me...go ask IVY LEAGUE schools. If you want it cheap. Go to federal Unis.

because u haven’t seen it done doesn’t mean it can’t or hasn’t been done. I’m not even talking about for everyone bt atleast 50% of their students shud be achievable. I know a university in Brazil currently doing this. Specifically so that the deserving less privileged can still afford to go to one of the best skol in the country.

The church shud be above the worldly standard in terms of charity and humanitarian deeds
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by vaxx: 7:54am On Nov 06, 2018
Fronesis:

It clearly shows you dont know the man Oyedepo. Everything about what he has achieved today were tagged impossible by many. Do you know the events surrounding the building of the tabernacle? Do you know the impossiible feats that surrounded the institution of COvenant University till date? Well, we shall see.
No one is saying is impossible, wishing good will to yourself is a fundamental human right. what we are attacking here is the space in which he said it will be achievable.

The chance of wining the Nobel Prize in any academic feild at a very short time is unimaginable crymaybe posssible in peace area ) . The work would have to be of such consequence and quality that it would have been clearly important in a very short period of time. Most Nobel prizes in science are given for work decades before .

The youngest person ever in history to have ever won nobel laurel in academic is lawrence bragg and that was 1915 at the age of 25.

Convenant university is not even leading in west africa talkless of africa. They should work on that first, have you heard of ashesi university? Probably No...
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by Horizont: 8:31am On Nov 06, 2018
HigherEd:

One of the reasons Oyedepo is a role model to me is he has a way of identifying successful things and replicating it.
His thought process can be summarised into this "if that man can do this to get that result then i can copy what he did and get his results" Case study: his replication of Yongi Cho's 1 million congregation operations. The resemblance between Covenant and ORU is extraordinary, from compulsory chapel attendance to corporate dressing, the entrepreneurial drive of stanford. Till today Covenant doesn't take transfer students - even from the USA and never awards honorary degrees(deliberately cultivating prestige).

He followed Harvard's principle of not venturing into programmes they were not prepared for. Reason, why CU(richest private school) has never never ventured into Law or Medicine. It is not fear but strategy-A strategy that works for Harvard till tomorrow. When he declared Vision 10:2022, i'm sure NUC must have thought Oyedepo has actually gone mad grin No the man went and printed the vision everywhere on campus and kept repeating it to NUC anytime they visited. He led the management team to keep looking at the vision. I felt sorry for him that day he declared the vision. My lecturer was alarmed and felt insulted by the declaration of that vision, but today he is busy jumping telling everyone that CU is doing well. Now i don't feel sorry for him again. I now understand ridiculous ambitions are part of the 'Covenant Spirit'.

Oyedepo once said on visiting ORU, Texas. "If Roberts can build this here, then it can happen anywhere in the World". Today CU has surpassed the University on which it was spiritually modelled after-at least by Times Higher standard - very soon i would complete a book titled Oyedepo: A Man with an Asian soul becauae i am convinced he is a visionary radical.

Lee kuan yew of Singapore rarely did anything new to advance Singapore. In his words we simply copied other people's template and finetuned it to our own local need. This is the same brain power behind China's rise to prominence, they identify a problem, they study solutions of others and they go after it with everything they have. Case in study: China discovered its universities where lagging behind on all fronts. The country declared the "double first class mandate" which mandated 42 of China's best university to overtake western ones. Today, for the first time Tsinghua university China has surpassed Ntl Uni of Singapore as the best Asian institution and is coming close to Harvard and the likes while surpassing many other ivy leagues.

You can see what they are trying to do with their football league. China doesn't wait for the wind of positive change, they force it to blow in their direction.

That JF Kennedy's visionary spirit which says "Russia sent a man to the Space then America must send a man to the Moon" is very absent in Africa's leadership, dying out in Europe and on standstill in USA. And when few people try to stir the waters here in Africa we tell them many reasons why they can never succeed because we are too familiar with serial failures in govt.

Ifelola Olaleye

You make sense bro, thanks for such an insightful details.
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by Emmaculate77(m): 8:49am On Nov 06, 2018
Sirheny007:

And if it does not come to pass,
we shall proceed to count it yet again as one of your many prophesies which did not come to pass.
Alleluia.

Some people are really ridiculous
How can someone choose a job of expecting and counting other people's failures in life.
That is his goal, and WHAT IF there achieve it?
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by Emmaculate77(m): 8:59am On Nov 06, 2018
jaxxy:
Producing a Nobel laureate is great bt being able to provide affordable bt yet quality education to thousands who can’t ever dream of it is a Greater achievement.

Pls add that to ur vision 2022.

You are a human being too, and I think you can do that... Live his person vision to him
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by lebete3000: 9:09am On Nov 06, 2018
HigherEd:

Is dr Economics dept that good?
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by jaxxy(m): 9:11am On Nov 06, 2018
Emmaculate77:

You are a human being too, and I think you can do that... Live his person vision to him

Is there anything wrong in what I have said? Can’t people listen to other people views and learn or choose better. Christians shud stop being unnecessarily defensive it’s not a godly trait.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by VULCAN(m): 10:16am On Nov 06, 2018
Now here is something worth reading.

HigherEd:

Oyedepo once said on visiting ORU, Texas. "If Roberts can build this here, then it can happen anywhere in the World". Today CU has surpassed the University on which it was spiritually modelled after-at least by Times Higher standard - very soon i would complete a book titled ....... becauae i am convinced he is a visionary radical.

Ifelola Olaleye

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by VULCAN(m): 10:23am On Nov 06, 2018
It was after reading your post and looking up to know the moniker who posted it, that it dawned on me that this is a BMC moniker.

Checked your stats and confirmed I was right.

Progress is anathema to your kind. That's why you have no idea that a strong goal galvanise all the faculties of the mind and even it is is not achieved within the initial time frame, it will eventually come to pass not long after.

But what would you Buharideens know? You worship a serial failure who still has the worst academic record of ANY major general in the history of the Nigerian Army.

AnyoneButAtiku:

Never a dull moment grin
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by VULCAN(m): 10:28am On Nov 06, 2018
Knowing Oyedepo and his incessant quest for practical knowledge on anything he puts his mind to achieve......

I would suggest you talk about what you know. Nobody that has attended that church or observed the way they get things done will doubt the goal, the best anyone that knows him can say is "it might take longer than he thinks"

Olddirtywizard:
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by HigherEd: 11:27am On Nov 06, 2018
Damolux01:
Good Morning! Seems you know alot about the school. I graduated from OAU, dept of International Relations and would love to have my MSc in Covenant. How many months is their Masters programme and how much is it?
1 year and 6 months. The cost should be about 400-490,000. You can stay on campus or off campus. On campus accomodation cost about 120k.
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by HigherEd: 1:55pm On Nov 06, 2018
vaxx:
No one is saying is impossible, wishing good will to yourself is a fundamental human right. what we are attacking here is the space in which he said it will be achievable.

The chance of wining the Nobel Prize in any academic feild at a very short time is unimaginable crymaybe posssible in peace area ) . The work would have to be of such consequence and quality that it would have been clearly important in a very short period of time. Most Nobel prizes in science are given for work decades before .

The youngest person ever in history to have ever won nobel laurel in academic is lawrence bragg and that was 1915 at the age of 25.

Convenant university is not even leading in west africa talkless of africa. They should work on that first, have you heard of ashesi university? Probably No...

Did you just compare asheshi yo Covenant. Covenant university is rated higher than both asheshi and uni of ghana legon. Check times higher 2019 rankings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2018/2019 Post UTME /admission / 5 Reasons Secondary School Students Don’t Need Social Media / Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.