Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo (16280 Views)

Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium / Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by vaxx: 8:52pm On Nov 06, 2018
TheVictorious:

You have finally decided to ignore the academic parameter that make reputable rankings - which I've been pointing you to; also contained in a methodology which link you attached earlier. Fine!
No , i only let you know how it will be more beneficial to reckon with prestige than ranking, ranking is even yearly while prestige last longer.

You still do not have any answer to my point that begs a question of why Covenant ranks higher than Ashesi in "EVERY" ranking
It is not about answering you specifically, it is about telling you why such a system can't be trusted . You can't put your trust in a system that is subjective in scope.

Let's call this a day. Since you claim that Ashesi is better than Covenant ("having visited both"wink ...by what criteria do you rate Ashesi better than Covenant?
ok good night then....

Ghana is just a close distance, if you are in nigeria, you can find time and go there yourself to confirm.
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by TheVictorious(m): 8:53pm On Nov 06, 2018
vaxx:
Nearly all german uni are not well ranked .This is because in Germany most top level research is done in Institutes like the Fraunhofer Institute, Max-Plank Institute etc. The universities as such are involved mainly with the teaching.. So basically they just don't get the credit for most of the work that is done even though its the University Professors, Students and Researchers who are doing the research. So will you say because of this British and american university are doing better than german uni because the ranking says so.

Is that also the reason why the US has also produced almost thrice as much Nobel laureates as Germany

You say: "British and American university are doing better than German uni because the ranking says so" Maybe they are also being awarded the Nobel prize more than Germany because the ranking bodies said they should.

https://www.nairaland.com/4828573/see-countries-highest-nobel-prize

Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by vaxx: 8:56pm On Nov 06, 2018
TheVictorious:

I gave you like to "raw files" from databases including a pic of webometrics methodology (attached again), yet you wrote the above Bro, you're just trying hard to foist your sentiments on me and every reader!
i understand the nitty gritty of the system, i just simply tell you the idea of representing each school based on web presence is not comprehensive enough. There are still much university that still wish to remain traditional.
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by TheVictorious(m): 8:58pm On Nov 06, 2018
Polite Question: Let's call this a day. Since you claim that Ashesi is better than Covenant ("having visited both" ...by what criteria do you rate Ashesi better than Covenant?

Reply of a Nairalander: "Ghana is just a close distance, if you are in Nigeria, you can find time and go there yourself to confirm."

Just WOW!!
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by vaxx: 9:07pm On Nov 06, 2018
TheVictorious:

Is that also the reason why the US has also produced almost thrice as much Nobel laureates as Germany

You say: "British and American university are doing better than German uni because the ranking says so" Maybe they are also being awarded the Nobel prize more than Germany because the ranking bodies said they should.

https://www.nairaland.com/4828573/see-countries-highest-nobel-prize
i thought you say you are done.

The body that represent German is an independent institution and not a university . Compare max plank society and oxford university if you are honest.

Yes American produce more recipients of noble award than germans, but go check the intellectual culture of Germany..."".Bildungsbürgertum "" The only country that - adopt literacy as their status signifier.
Re: Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo by vaxx: 9:23pm On Nov 06, 2018
TheVictorious:
Polite Question: Let's call this a day. Since you claim that Ashesi is better than Covenant ("having visited both" ...by what criteria do you rate Ashesi better than Covenant?

Reply of a Nairalander: "Ghana is just a close distance, if you are in Nigeria, you can find time and go there yourself to confirm."

Just WOW!!

This why i ask you to visit yourself......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abia State University: Statement of Results cease to be valid from 1st Dec, 2023 / Pls I Need Help On How To Get Trade Test 1,2,3 Certificate In Lagos / Photos: Students Walk Through Water-Covered Road To Attend School In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.