Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,939 members, 7,952,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:39 AM

A Moment That Changed Me – The Death Of My Sister And The Grief That Followed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Moment That Changed Me – The Death Of My Sister And The Grief That Followed (711 Views)

Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life / I Would Have Lost My Girl Friend If Followed An Advice I Got Here. / Fatherhood Has Really Changed Me .. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Moment That Changed Me – The Death Of My Sister And The Grief That Followed by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 05, 2018
In August, my younger sister Lucy died. She was only 32 years old and the light of our lives. We knew it was coming, not quite as quickly as it did, but she had advanced cancer, so her days were numbered. As soon as the cancer reached her brain, it was game over.

There is nothing that could ever have prepared me for the past weeks since she died, and while this isn’t the first time someone has written about grief, and it certainly won’t be the last, it is my experience first-hand, and it’s very different to what I had expected.

Grief, as we all have heard, comes in waves. That’s a lie. These aren’t waves; these are gargantuan freight trains that ram into your very soul, from nowhere. They come as you stand in the fruit aisle of the supermarket, looking around you, wondering how the hell anyone can manage to get on with life when this terrible thing has happened and suddenly, from out of nowhere that train comes hurtling at you.

It feels as if someone has sucked out everything you have – your guts, your heart, your oxygen, your whole being. Of course the Brit in you remains still and stoic as the train does its thing before pulling away, and you continue filling your trolley with Granny Smiths. But it’s there, and you never know when it will run into you next. You live in fear of that.

For a little while I didn’t speak to any friends on the phone, for fear of breaking down. I only spoke to my parents, my husband and to my three-year-old. Job number one was to explain to her that her beloved aunt was dead. No easy feat. I can barely remember it. I came up with a nonsensical story of her now being an angel, and a star in the sky and that whenever the sky was pink in the morning, it meant she was saying hello.

Please click link to continue reading:
https://www.afrourbanstyle.com/a-moment-that-changed-me-the-death-of-my-sister-and-the-grief-that-followed/

Re: A Moment That Changed Me – The Death Of My Sister And The Grief That Followed by naijaboiy: 5:08pm On Nov 05, 2018
Ineresting...So is this like a novel or?

(1) (Reply)

. / OK As Usual For Me Oo!pics / Ways To Touch A Girl You Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.