Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues (60028 Views)

Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related / What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? / Countries Your Nigerian Passport Can Get You Into Visa-free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by KilmerRougeDon: 6:57pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ishilove:
Whosai!!! I did mine for 30k. 32 pages o angry angry

This one just tire me. I did my 32 page renewal just 2 months ago for 35k. This country sef...
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by lovebird65(m): 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
I want to change the age in my passport pls how much is it
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by elsse(m): 7:15pm On Nov 06, 2018
Did mine without any stress for 33k got 33page.....did on Monday and got it the next Monday
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by cooldipo(m): 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2018
Unofficial price is what you get at the office.... The first staff at the gate would even direct you to the crooks to take over from there!

1 Like

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by banhammy: 7:36pm On Nov 06, 2018
I did my own at gwagwalada abuja yesterday. I paid 25,700 naira.
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Explorers(m): 7:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ishilove:

Really?

Where are you going?

1 Like

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by avicky(f): 7:53pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ishilove:
Same here and I did mine at Ibadan though it came out within a week.
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Ishilove: 7:56pm On Nov 06, 2018
Explorers:

Really?

Where are you going?
North Korea grin

1 Like

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Ishilove: 7:57pm On Nov 06, 2018
avicky:

Same here and I did mine at Ibadan though it came out within a week.
I got mine in a month, and that was because there was scarcity of leaflets
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Explorers(m): 8:07pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ishilove:

North Korea grin

I no join o.
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Adieza(m): 8:08pm On Nov 06, 2018
I did it in Lokoja and receives the same day. it's the only place you can apply and receive the same day. it's 30k.
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by avicky(f): 8:08pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ishilove:

I got mine in a month, and that was because there was scarcity of leaflets
Awww. Although in Ibadan it's 28k but the 2k was to fast track d whole process. Can't be queuing for days to capture.
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by akaahs(m): 8:30pm On Nov 06, 2018
bujebudanu1:
I did mine 17800. Last month And collected same day.

Abuja PPT.thou I wore Corper uniform
So I wasn't tipping anybody.i was directed to the oga sa from the gate
Where is that!? I mean the office location??
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by bujebudanu1(m): 8:32pm On Nov 06, 2018
akaahs:

Where is that!? I mean the office location??

Gwagwalada.abuja
Tell cab man or the normal sienna from town u are going to passport office.they will drop u at the junction.u den take a bike
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by akaahs(m): 8:34pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ishilove:

Your birth certificate and passport photograph and 30k. The officers handle the rest
How many passport please??
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by omega2128(m): 8:40pm On Nov 06, 2018
just called my source on NIS ibadan, renew is 25k. I'm about to renew mine
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Anjoaderim(m): 8:48pm On Nov 06, 2018
Forget all these OFFICIAL lies. I just did a replacement of my stolen passport. I had first called the head office in Abuja. The guy on the phone told me it was 22,500 but when I asked how much it would cost in Minna office where I was intending to do mine he simply said " I don't know oooh, they can call it anything they like". To cut the long story short I eventually paid 50,000. This is despite me having the old passport number, photocopy of the old passport page, court affidavit and police report all gotten by me. The Nigerian Immigration operates like a cult. I called several people to be sure, they all said it was 50k. God help Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by akaahs(m): 8:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
banhammy:
I did my own at gwagwalada abuja yesterday. I paid 25,700 naira.
Is it the one along airport road??
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by sweetilicious(f): 9:27pm On Nov 06, 2018
bedspread:
I Wish!!
The First Passport I ever did that should be Around 2007/2008 the fee then was around 9750..

I Ensured I did Everything Myself from filling my form online to all the other stuffs . It took me about 2-3wks of constantly visiting the NIS office in Festac. Luckily for me someone pushed me in to do my thumb print after taking note of my face..

Today I tell you, it would be more possible and Easier for Pmb to Stop Biko haram from Bombing than for NIS to accept the fee they fixed on that board..

I applied for a misplaced passport in Abuja in 2016. I mean the NIS Headquarters..

I ended up paying about 34000 for it!!

Nigeria Immigration service personnel are Worse than The Nigerian Police!

Especially at their Head office in Abuja... Every Personnel is Out to Extort ! I was beginning to think that maybe they are not Paid Salaries!

It's Really Pathetic!!

30- 35K with I beg could give u a passport ..
today ..

It's really Pathetic!!
Online processing,how long will it take to get genuinely the right way?
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ishilove:

that is approximately #1k per page... or in Nigeria value equivalent of three loaves of bread per page.
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by bedspread: 9:32pm On Nov 06, 2018
sweetilicious:
Online processing,how long will it take to get genuinely the right way?

You go online fill the forms and print out!

You make payments to the bank given!

You get u guarantors to sign for u
Get all necessary documents and go submit!!

If GOD does not help u , this officers can keep u waiting for 1-2 month before your name comes out for thumb printing! So u will have to keep checking so as to know when ur name comes out!

Note: it's the official price you see online that you pay to the bank!!
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by bioemmy: 9:36pm On Nov 06, 2018
If you want to pay the normal fee, please don't try that Ikeja office, almost all of them are rogues including the PRO of that branch. Met her days ago, and with her utterances, I wept for Nigeria.
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by bedspread: 9:41pm On Nov 06, 2018
Raskasal:

What was the process of replacement of a lost passport? I'm in the same dilemma now and I'm considering going to Abuja. Don't know if it can be done in Lagos. Pls shed light
I think it could be done in Lagos now! Am not sooo sure if it's into effect.

Usually, Doing a Replacement from Lagos could take up to 3-6months! Cos it had to go tru Abuja and they could charge u up to 60k..

But when I did mine, I went Straight to Abuja.. In Abuja I began on a Monday and by Tuesday I had done my thumb printing.

Unfortunately the Nigerian Immigration service did not have booklet and there was no hope of having it, so I left Abuja and back to Lagos. I kept disturbing the officer who handled it and When the booklet became available he informed me that my passport was ready! I sent a someone to pick up for me.

I'll advice you go to Lagos office and ask if Replacement is now done in Lagos..

From the price they give u, u will know..

If it's not still done directly then I Advice you go straight to Abuja at the NIS Headquarters.

Ensure u hv at least the data page of your lost passport.. print it out!

Go with some passport pics just in case!

2 Likes

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by SilentVboy: 10:12pm On Nov 06, 2018
As a first timer, I got mine for 31k in Uyo, Akwaibom state last year.
I had to pay 2k (although the NIS officer requested for 3k) for guarantor, and within few mins a guarantor form duly filled was ready. Those guys have everything on ground.
I was quickly issued in for capture and other protocol and got my passport sharp sharp....

I prefer getting a passport for my online biz than waiting for original drivers license that will take months to come out.
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by MRLANNISTER(m): 10:25pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ishilove:

Same here o!
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by frankfab(m): 10:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
In 2014, I got my passport for 35k at Umuahia, Abia State
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by youngbabaj(m): 11:24pm On Nov 06, 2018
I did mine for 17k.
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 06, 2018
uxomykaz:
Did mine in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. 25k for 32pages

What r the documents required? I'll like to do mine too (64pgs).
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ghostmode2two:

There are 32 and 64 pages. 32 pages is 30k and 64 pages is 35k
What's the difference between a 64pgs passport n a 32 pg passport?
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by sweetilicious(f): 1:06am On Nov 07, 2018
bedspread:

You go online fill the forms and print out!

You make payments to the bank given!

You get u guarantors to sign for u
Get all necessary documents and go submit!!

If GOD does not help u , this officers can keep u waiting for 1-2 month before your name comes out for thumb printing! So u will have to keep checking so as to know when ur name comes out!

Note: it's the official price you see online that you pay to the bank!!
Okay.Thanks.I have a customer who works with Immigration.Can I ask him for help in the thumb printing period?
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by wink2015(m): 1:07am On Nov 07, 2018
Please what are the support document for applying for International passport in Nigeria?

How do a passport applicant pay the specified fees for International passport?

Which bank to pay through?
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by bedspread: 1:07am On Nov 07, 2018
sweetilicious:
Okay.Thanks.I have a customer who works with Immigration.Can I ask him for help in the thumb printing period?
Thats a Good one..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rats Hanging From The Ceiling At Murtala Muhammed Airport Lagos (Photos) / Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing / Pictures Of EPE, LAGOS Roads At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.