Stats: 3,153,866 members, 7,821,021 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues (60069 Views)

Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related / What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? / Countries Your Nigerian Passport Can Get You Into Visa-free (2) (3) (4)

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by sweetilicious(f): 1:10am On Nov 07, 2018
bedspread:
Thats a Good one..
Okay thanks
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Nukilia: 5:48am On Nov 07, 2018
The civil service in this country has been bastardized!
It's so terrible to see that all these officials are paid their salaries and they still find means of
Extorting innocent people.
All government institutions in Nigeria are corrupt. A nation where people lay claim to one religion of the other.
What a criminal nation.
The hottest part in hell is reserved for all these corrupt organizations and their staffs.

PMB is not the solution to the problem of this country. Atiku is another disaster waiting to happen. I will prefer Swore @ this point. We need to stop fooling ourselves as citizens.
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by JoseVanMoyes: 7:05am On Nov 07, 2018
bedspread:
I Wish!!
The First Passport I ever did that should be Around 2007/2008 the fee then was around 9750..

I Ensured I did Everything Myself from filling my form online to all the other stuffs . It took me about 2-3wks of constantly visiting the NIS office in Festac. Luckily for me someone pushed me in to do my thumb print after taking note of my face..

Today I tell you, it would be more possible and Easier for Pmb to Stop Boko haram from Bombing than for NIS Personnel to accept the fee they fixed on that board..

Some time in 2014 I did a renewal which cost me 26,000 with Abeg!!

I misplaced my passport while in Nigeria and had to go for Replacement.

I applied for a misplaced passport in Abuja in 2016. I mean the NIS Headquarters..

I ended up paying about 34000 for it!!

Nigeria Immigration service personnel are Worse than The Nigerian Police!

Especially at their Head office in Abuja... Every Personnel is Out to Extort ! I was beginning to think that maybe they are not Paid Salaries!

It's Really Pathetic!!

30- 35K with Abeg could give u a passport ..
today ..

It's really Pathetic!!

misplaced mine too... can u give me steps to follow for new one please
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by emmysoftyou: 7:38am On Nov 07, 2018
1stCitizen:
How much is Biafra passport
cheaper than Nigeria passport.
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:57am On Nov 07, 2018
smartsk:

What's the difference between a 64pgs passport n a 32 pg passport?

The difference is the number of pages as you can see. The 32 pages passport is smaller than the 64 pages and it is for those who travel more frequently as they will not bother about renewal as its always the case of the one with lesser pages
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by pheeto23(m): 8:41am On Nov 07, 2018
Please I need help
I am a Nigerian born in Spain. I went to apply for an international passport with my Spanish birth certificate alongside a sworn affidavit incase. I was told it won't be processed unless I bring the visa or passport I used in entering nigeria and I don't have them anymore. Please what can I do
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by bedspread: 8:55am On Nov 07, 2018
JoseVanMoyes:

misplaced mine too... can u give me steps to follow for new one please

Get the data page of your lost passport.

Get a police report and a Signed Court Affidavit.

I don't know if States not do Replacement for lost passport directly now.

If not Proceed to Abuja. The NIS Headquarters!

Ignore the guys at the gate.

Go straight to their office.. if possible the control office.

If GOD helps u could do everything the same day or in 2 days...

Hopefully if there is no Passport booklet shortage, you will get ur Passport!
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by JoseVanMoyes: 9:34am On Nov 07, 2018
bedspread:

Get the data page of your lost passport.

Get a police report and a Signed Court Affidavit.

I don't know if States not do Replacement for lost passport directly now.

If not Proceed to Abuja. The NIS Headquarters!

Ignore the guys at the gate.

Go straight to their office.. if possible the control office.

If GOD helps u could do everything the same day or in 2 days...

Hopefully if there is no Passport booklet shortage, you will get ur Passport!

thanks alot..
Buh can the age be modified.. when I did the initial passport, the Agent handling my shengen stuff that time told me to make my age to be 35 and above...

and I went for 34, this was 2016

I want to go with my normal age Now

can that be Don
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by darelar(m): 9:56am On Nov 07, 2018
I was lucky to do mine in Yenagoa yesterday at 27k and was surprise that many paid 30k and above. I called a neighbour that's immigration officer and he said 28k, I went to their office and they told me 30k at the entrance and I said 25k. That the official price is less than 20k and why would they be charging 30k. The officer talk plenty story that they're running the office with the extra charges and I ask what happened to the running cost they're getting from government. He became tired of me and I just left them on Monday since I didn't go with my birth certificate and local government identification. On getting there yesterday, the same officer called me if am ready to do it now and I said yes. So he call an officer and we went to their office and he gave me form to fill. I ask him how much and he said 30k and I said am holding 27k and that's what am going to pay. He said I'll have to pay for my guarantor and the oga that will sign my documents and that statement got me angry and I ask him that why did he think am paying that extra charges when I would have fill it online and pay direct to government account. He said I would have spent more than that and I said such system is not new to me and I know what to pay. The guy dont have choice than to tell me to fill the form which I did with easy. On getting to where to stamp, the oga was demanding something from me and I told him that I don't have anything with me again. So he said I should go and bring my original documents and I told him is at home. He said he won't sign it except I come back next week and I told him frankly that am going no where with joke. So signed without choice.

No big deal in the filling of the form. Just know your height and make sure you cross check your information before you submit. The level of corruption is just too much.
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by XwhY(m): 10:16am On Nov 07, 2018
Can I change my date of birth on my international passport, the year precisely. I made a mistake while processing it last year.
How much will it cost me and can it be done in Lagos. Help
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by jaywhoco(m): 10:18am On Nov 07, 2018
Ishilove:
The same Obalende
Alagbon really
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Raskasal(m): 10:31am On Nov 07, 2018
bedspread:

I think it could be done in Lagos now! Am not sooo sure if it's into effect.

Usually, Doing a Replacement from Lagos could take up to 3-6months! Cos it had to go tru Abuja and they could charge u up to 60k..

But when I did mine, I went Straight to Abuja.. In Abuja I began on a Monday and by Tuesday I had done my thumb printing.

Unfortunately the Nigerian Immigration service did not have booklet and there was no hope of having it, so I left Abuja and back to Lagos. I kept disturbing the officer who handled it and When the booklet became available he informed me that my passport was ready! I sent a someone to pick up for me.

I'll advice you go to Lagos office and ask if Replacement is now done in Lagos..

From the price they give u, u will know..

If it's not still done directly then I Advice you go straight to Abuja at the NIS Headquarters.

Ensure u hv at least the data page of your lost passport.. print it out!

Go with some passport pics just in case!

Thank you very much. I will do as you've said.

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by bedspread: 1:37pm On Nov 07, 2018
Raskasal:

Thank you very much. I will do as you've said.
Also get a police report so u could get a court Affidavit

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Raskasal(m): 8:22pm On Nov 07, 2018
bedspread:

Also get a police report so u could get a court Affidavit

Already got that

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by bedspread: 8:30pm On Nov 07, 2018
Raskasal:

Already got that
ok!

Go with a photocopy of your Data page
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by banhammy: 12:34pm On Nov 20, 2018
No. Drop at SDP junction, gwagwalada. Then join okada to passport office.
Is it the one along airport road??[/quote]
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Hoddion: 6:41am On Dec 16, 2018
Please i reduced my age on my passport way back cos of football career pursuit that failed abd now i want to adjust the age back to my real age for study abroad... but someone said i will pay80k and at the end of the day its still a 50 50 chance of getting it adjusted ...

But i'm thinking of applying for a fresh passport PLEASE I NEED ADVISE fam
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by mightyboy1: 11:42am On Mar 16, 2019
Hoddion:
Please i reduced my age on my passport way back cos of football career pursuit that failed abd now i want to adjust the age back to my real age for study abroad... but someone said i will pay80k and at the end of the day its still a 50 50 chance of getting it adjusted ...

But i'm thinking of applying for a fresh passport PLEASE I NEED ADVISE fam
you can't apply for a fresh one, they already have your thumbprint and other details
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Raphael007(m): 5:41pm On Mar 16, 2019
Did my at gwagwalada at 28k and I got it that same day.
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by temmythorpee(f): 3:23pm On Mar 18, 2019
It's been two months since i registered online for passport renewal. I choose the Abeokuta office because i thought it will be different in terms of capturing and passport collection but i was wrong! Although i have done the capturing since january, my passport is yet to be produced. The officer i met lastweek told me my file is just lying fallow somewhere because 'there is no officer in-charge of my file. He said it's only those who have an officer on their behave that get their passport promptly.

This is one of my mistakes in this life and i promise never to repeat such... Even as i type this, there is no hope in sight. I am writing this so that others will not fall victim of following due process just like me....
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by mightyboy1: 8:08pm On Mar 19, 2019
temmythorpee:
It's been two months since i registered online for passport renewal. I choose the Abeokuta office because i thought it will be different in terms of capturing and passport collection but i was wrong! Although i have done the capturing since january, my passport is yet to be produced. The officer i met lastweek told me my file is just lying fallow somewhere because 'there is no officer in-charge of my file. He said it's only those who have an officer on their behave that get their passport promptly.

This is one of my mistakes in this life and i promise never to repeat such... Even as i type this, there is no hope in sight. I am writing this so that others will not fall victim of following due process just like me....
That is the situation we found ourselves. I can assist you if you dont mind. you can whatapp me on 07080234950
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by temmythorpee(f): 8:27pm On Apr 08, 2019
mightyboy1:

That is the situation we found ourselves. I can assist you if you dont mind. you can whatapp me on 07080234950
Thanx for your kind gesture. I am actually just reading this . i have since collected my passport after tweeting to them @nigimmigration...

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by sassy92(f): 5:37pm On Apr 17, 2019
Please I paid online (I now know that it was a terrible mistake) for passport renewal, how can i get it? i paid few days ago and my
'interview date' is next week, I really need my passport sad sad sad Processing office is Port-Harcourt
mightyboy1:

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Olupapparazy1(m): 6:03pm On Apr 17, 2019
sassy92:
Please I paid online (I now know that it was a terrible mistake) for passport renewal, how can i get it? i paid few days ago and my
'interview date' is next week, I really need my passport sad sad sad Processing office is Port-Harcourt
Tweet at them, it works like fire

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by bukie040(f): 3:49am On Apr 18, 2019
Pls what is d process for change of name on d passport and d documents required
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by NikkyHabFabric(f): 8:02pm On Jul 30, 2019
sassy92:
Hi. I'm finding it hard to make payment in the bank after filling the application form online. Which payment method did you choose? I chose NetPost Pay via NIBSS E-BILLS but it's not showing my name in the bank's system hence the bank didn't accept my payment. Any way around it will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by NoContract(m): 8:40am On Nov 15, 2019
Babiboy:
I got mine at 14k

Where>

Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) / Pictures Of EPE, LAGOS Roads At Night / Ghana Bride In Coma After Groom Died In An Accident On His Way To Their Wedding

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57