Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage (58747 Views)

Aisha Buhari Endorses Bola Tinubu For President / Buhari Endorses Abdullahi Adamu As APC National Chairman / Buhari Endorses Dapo Abiodun As Ogun Governor, Amosun's Thugs Kick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by seunadeolu(m): 6:56pm On Nov 06, 2018
You guys are rejoicing..hmmm, wait to see where the funds for the increments wil come from..
Are you thinking what I am thinking. Fuel price hike of course.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by pawesome(m): 6:57pm On Nov 06, 2018
Buharis first achievement after he was forced
Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by pawesome(m): 6:58pm On Nov 06, 2018
yarimo:
That is very commendable from president BUHARI.

Sir, nigerians are happy with your style of leadership carry on
after he was forced and even obtained a court order to stop strike?
Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by AmeLonRo(m): 6:58pm On Nov 06, 2018
Thats cool but when will it be implemented?
Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by sage101: 6:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
bantudra:

what are you trying to prove....??...stop quoting me.....!!!!!
Kajikwo?
Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by pawesome(m): 6:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
Corrinthians:
We are very happy with him. True Nigerians I mean, not the perpetually miserable and angry lot who get pissed every single time the country fires a good shot and celebrate whenever something negative befalls her.
you are happy? After he was forced and even obtained a court injunction to stop d strike?
Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by AnanseK(m): 6:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
*AAU GIST*
_(VICTORY PIUS)_

*7 REASONS WHY DEAN FACULTY OF LAW IN AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY REFUSED TO JOIN THE STRIKE*

*Read & Share to others*

*The Dean, Faculty of Law of the Ambrose Alli University in Edo state, Prof. Suny Edeko, has distanced himself from the strike action declared by the leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU on November 4th.*

*“The strike is to protest the poor funding of Nigerian universities and alleged plan by the federal government to increase students fees and introduce an education bank.” There are a few reasons why I will not support the strike.*

*Firstly, there is no sector in Nigeria with adequate funding. I am sorry to say that even in a corrupt place some people feel they don’t have enough to loot. In the area of funding, note that all institutions in Nigeria deserve better funding.*

*However, with negotiations, the Federal Government of Nigeria is fully involved in developing all higher institutions in Nigeria including those owned by the States.*

*For example, in a state university headed by one digital vice-chancellor, the federal government presence includes*

*(a) Twin Lecture Halls Building (b) about 1000-Seat capacity NLT (c) ICT Centre Building (d) ENT Building (e) Library Building Rehabilitated (f) Faculty of Law Rehabilitated (g) Engineering Faculty Building (h) Faculty of Arts Building (i) Faculty of Life Sciences (j) Faculty of Social Sciences (k) Faculty of Physical Sciences (l) Faculty of Management Building about to start (m) Faculty of Education Building about to start (n) 1000-seat capacity University Main Auditorium (o) Law faculty Auditorium (p) Overseas scholarship for lecturers from which my friends have benefited and (q) many more I have lost count.*

*And this is a state university, not federal.The Federal Government is trying although things always remain to be done even in rich countries. Note that the above things are being done by the FGN in state universities and state colleges of education and Polytechnics.*

*Secondly, as for schools fees, I share the view that all Nigerian students deserve free education up to Ph.D. level. In federal universities where it is alleged that they want to increase school fees, depending on the university, students pay between N30,000 and N60,000 per annum.*

*Why should I go on strike for such students when fresh students in Osun State University pay N253,000 and we are not going on strike for them.*

*Many state Universities students pay between N100,000 and N200,000.Nobody is going on strike for them but we want to embark on strike for students in federal universities who pay lesser school fees that even if fees are increased they may never be up to N100,000.*

*Thirdly, Education Bank was created by a law of the National Assembly titled The Education Bank Act, Cap 422 Laws of the Federation 1990. The long title states that it is an Act to establish the Nigerian Education Bank to approve and disburse loans for educational purposes and for matters incidental to it. If there is such a bank and it is not working well, we rather find ways to make it better and not to kill it.*

*Fourthly, since we claim to be fighting to protect the interest of students, there should be a vote or referendum on the strike by the students so that the strike supposedly meant to protect their interest can only go ahead if those affected approve it. Students did not send ASUU to go on strike for them.*

*Students know how to fight for their rights. ASUU,please count students out of your strike. Look for better reasons to go on strike.*

*Fifth, strike, no matter how strong can never end plans to increase school fees or establish education bank meant for the interest of students.*

*There are plans even in the richest countries to increase school fees.*

*They may or may not be concrete plans. There are plans to always increase salaries in the same way there are plans to increase school fees not only in federal universities but also in state and private universities and other schools at all levels. Should this deserve a strike that will further destabilize the already destabilized academic calendar? I think it doesn’t deserve strike. But it deserves negotiations without strike.*

*Sixth, there are many professors or scholars and experts in arbitration and conflict including labour disputes resolution with extensive skills in negotiation. They can bring their experience and expertise to light with such level of management that there may be no strike to get what you want. Please reason this again and ask yourself whether this strike is worth it.*

*Seventh, where negotiations fail, use propaganda to ruin the government. A strong propaganda machine can make even a strong government to collapse. Use your brains in a superior way. You will be surprised more and better things will be achieved by that. Prove to the nation the brains you have.*

*I WILL NOT GO ON STRIKE*

*VICTORY PIUS*

1 Like

Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by Norstrademus(m): 7:00pm On Nov 06, 2018
bantudra:
i will loose my temper...no ipobian should quote me.... angry angry
..your just full of bile&so much bitterness, who do you?..aya, I just quoted you,do ur worst zombie!
Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by contigiency(m): 7:00pm On Nov 06, 2018
And they said he doesn't love the masses, that he will lose the next election. I dey laugh in Cambridge style.
Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by fasterwell(m): 7:00pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ejadike:
Finally!! But that doesn't mean we'll vote for Buhari o, all these ones na scope way Dem wan use for us.

Did u vote for him in 2015?

If no

Then face front

1 Like

Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 06, 2018
yarimo:
That is very commendable from president BUHARI.

Sir, nigerians are happy with your style of leadership carry on

Speak for yourself
Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by pawesome(m): 7:01pm On Nov 06, 2018
Johnnyessence:
Fact:

President Jonathan increased minimum wage by 125% (N8,000 to N18,000); PMB increased it by 66%.

In 2011, when GEJ signed the minimum wage bill, N18,000 was worth $111. (at N162 to $1)

PMB's minimum wage of N30,000 is worth $ 82.

That's how to crunch the numbers.

Nigerian workers have been shortchanged by the incompetence of an administration that has destroyed the economy.

GEJ increased it willingly but PMB was forced n even obtained a court order to stop d strike... D last option was to just agree to d demands
Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by boxypane(m): 7:01pm On Nov 06, 2018
The Change is finally Changing the Change. Hell no to Atiku

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by AmeLonRo(m): 7:01pm On Nov 06, 2018
He will score very cheap but meaningful political goal if he can pay it from this November salary...My simple but powerful advise.
Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by AnanseK(m): 7:03pm On Nov 06, 2018
Please take time to read this. So full of sense;

AnanseK:
*AAU GIST*
_(VICTORY PIUS)_

*7 REASONS WHY DEAN FACULTY OF LAW IN AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY REFUSED TO JOIN THE STRIKE*

*Read & Share to others*

*The Dean, Faculty of Law of the Ambrose Alli University in Edo state, Prof. Suny Edeko, has distanced himself from the strike action declared by the leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU on November 4th.*

*“The strike is to protest the poor funding of Nigerian universities and alleged plan by the federal government to increase students fees and introduce an education bank.” There are a few reasons why I will not support the strike.*

*Firstly, there is no sector in Nigeria with adequate funding. I am sorry to say that even in a corrupt place some people feel they don’t have enough to loot. In the area of funding, note that all institutions in Nigeria deserve better funding.*

*However, with negotiations, the Federal Government of Nigeria is fully involved in developing all higher institutions in Nigeria including those owned by the States.*

*For example, in a state university headed by one digital vice-chancellor, the federal government presence includes*

*(a) Twin Lecture Halls Building (b) about 1000-Seat capacity NLT (c) ICT Centre Building (d) ENT Building (e) Library Building Rehabilitated (f) Faculty of Law Rehabilitated (g) Engineering Faculty Building (h) Faculty of Arts Building (i) Faculty of Life Sciences (j) Faculty of Social Sciences (k) Faculty of Physical Sciences (l) Faculty of Management Building about to start (m) Faculty of Education Building about to start (n) 1000-seat capacity University Main Auditorium (o) Law faculty Auditorium (p) Overseas scholarship for lecturers from which my friends have benefited and (q) many more I have lost count.*

*And this is a state university, not federal.The Federal Government is trying although things always remain to be done even in rich countries. Note that the above things are being done by the FGN in state universities and state colleges of education and Polytechnics.*

*Secondly, as for schools fees, I share the view that all Nigerian students deserve free education up to Ph.D. level. In federal universities where it is alleged that they want to increase school fees, depending on the university, students pay between N30,000 and N60,000 per annum.*

*Why should I go on strike for such students when fresh students in Osun State University pay N253,000 and we are not going on strike for them.*

*Many state Universities students pay between N100,000 and N200,000.Nobody is going on strike for them but we want to embark on strike for students in federal universities who pay lesser school fees that even if fees are increased they may never be up to N100,000.*

*Thirdly, Education Bank was created by a law of the National Assembly titled The Education Bank Act, Cap 422 Laws of the Federation 1990. The long title states that it is an Act to establish the Nigerian Education Bank to approve and disburse loans for educational purposes and for matters incidental to it. If there is such a bank and it is not working well, we rather find ways to make it better and not to kill it.*

*Fourthly, since we claim to be fighting to protect the interest of students, there should be a vote or referendum on the strike by the students so that the strike supposedly meant to protect their interest can only go ahead if those affected approve it. Students did not send ASUU to go on strike for them.*

*Students know how to fight for their rights. ASUU,please count students out of your strike. Look for better reasons to go on strike.*

*Fifth, strike, no matter how strong can never end plans to increase school fees or establish education bank meant for the interest of students.*

*There are plans even in the richest countries to increase school fees.*

*They may or may not be concrete plans. There are plans to always increase salaries in the same way there are plans to increase school fees not only in federal universities but also in state and private universities and other schools at all levels. Should this deserve a strike that will further destabilize the already destabilized academic calendar? I think it doesn’t deserve strike. But it deserves negotiations without strike.*

*Sixth, there are many professors or scholars and experts in arbitration and conflict including labour disputes resolution with extensive skills in negotiation. They can bring their experience and expertise to light with such level of management that there may be no strike to get what you want. Please reason this again and ask yourself whether this strike is worth it.*

*Seventh, where negotiations fail, use propaganda to ruin the government. A strong propaganda machine can make even a strong government to collapse. Use your brains in a superior way. You will be surprised more and better things will be achieved by that. Prove to the nation the brains you have.*

*I WILL NOT GO ON STRIKE*

*VICTORY PIUS*
Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by jaxxy(m): 7:03pm On Nov 06, 2018
Still a failure even with all the election gimmicks. Lol

1 Like

Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by Ziggylady(f): 7:04pm On Nov 06, 2018
Johnnyessence:
Fact:

President Jonathan increased minimum wage by 125% (N8,000 to N18,000); PMB increased it by 66%.

In 2011, when GEJ signed the minimum wage bill, N18,000 was worth $111. (at N162 to $1)

Nigerian workers have been shortchanged by the incompetence of an administration that has destroyed the economy.

You nailed it bro..big time kiss
Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by ABSAO(m): 7:07pm On Nov 06, 2018
bantudra:

stfu... angry angry

go kiss atikus asss....it seems you people need something to kiss after that animal from london is gone.... angry angry

we didnt kiss nobodys ass or drink urine and still got what we wanted somehow....

shameless people.... angry angry
angry[quote author=bantudra post=72739146]

stfu... angry angry

go kiss atikus asss....it seems you people need something to kiss after that animal from london is gone.... angry angry

look at this illiterate!
I asked you not to quote me negatively!
But simple institution, you cannot abide!
where did you see in my post supporting Buhari.?
Both APC and PDP have failed Nigerians and they must pay for it!
You can continue with your zombie job!#30,000 is not a joke in this harsh economy.
Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by Just2endowed2(m): 7:07pm On Nov 06, 2018
sage101:
All na for show.....

He wants to pass the blame to Governors
Sense won't kill you ma

1 Like

Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by Benekruku(m): 7:09pm On Nov 06, 2018
CalciumB3:
Bros if you endorses 100k per month am very sure you are going back to duara in 2019

5%
Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by Afamed: 7:10pm On Nov 06, 2018
eagleeye2:
when will they start paying the MW? hope not after the elections.
New minimum wage is a law. It will be sent to the National Assembly for approval, once that it's done, it becomes viable for payment
Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by Benekruku(m): 7:11pm On Nov 06, 2018
pawesome:
GEJ increased it willingly but PMB was forced n even obtained a court order to stop d strike... D last option was to just agree to d demands

Were you born last year

1 Like

Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by haaryobhami: 7:11pm On Nov 06, 2018
downloadproject:

It affects all section including nysc
good
Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by Paiko1801: 7:11pm On Nov 06, 2018
Who knows when national assemble go react.... Abeg I wan start from next month de receive mine
Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by candygist: 7:12pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ejadike:
Finally!! But that doesn't mean we'll vote for Buhari o, all these ones na scope way Dem wan use for us.

Oga talk for your self abeg
Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by RTSC: 7:12pm On Nov 06, 2018
bantudra:
going back to fee dee fee my foot....fee dee fee never had the idea to increase it for so long....
instead they introduced 500naira and a small bag of rice and called it stomach infrastructure....
are we all beggars now...??

south easterners can all go to hell...we dont need them for anything....
The day you use an igbo imported pharmaceuticals,or igbo imported electronics,or igbo manufactured products, or work in an igbo owned company, it would work adversely against you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by Afamed: 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
Johnnyessence:
Fact:

Wailing wailer, does the minimum wage paid in $ or Naira?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by haaryobhami: 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
downloadproject:

It affects all section including nysc
good.
Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by LZAA: 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
yarimo:
don't go back to your jungle for weed please

Re: Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage by bantudra: 7:14pm On Nov 06, 2018
RTSC:

The day you use an igbo imported pharmaceuticals,or igbo imported electronics,or igbo manufactured products, or work in an igbo owned company, it would work adversely against you.

you igbos are too full of yourselves...do you realy think only igbos have businesses in nigeria...??

i dont want to even work for any igbo...rumours has it that igbos are heartless....no,but no thank you...

i own my own company anyways....sooo,i dont give a fvck....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu Presents His Certificate Of Return To Buhari In Daura (Photos) / James Ocholi Is Dead (Minister Of Labour, State) / Solomon Dalung Meets His Classmate At Airport In Lagos (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.