Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,736 members, 7,824,084 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars (71752 Views)

UK Firm Will Pay You ₦13.4m/yr To Find Luxury Cars In UAE Supercar Graveyards / Collections Of Luxury Cars In Dubai Police Force Fleet / Checkout Chinese Imitations Of Top Luxury Cars (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by dederocs(m): 10:21am On Nov 07, 2018
Trendishine:
If those morons in d name of traditional donkeys, know anything, they wld come to realize dat the knife that has torn to pieces d fabrics of the protectorates they are expected to preside for n bring their people n society to its maxim, was placed by the very cunning british white man sitting in front of them, planted by their ancestors, n handed over to them, who took advantage of the chronic ignorance of d North, mixed with warped bigotry, a disease gotten to insanity in d heads of dis northern wags, blinded them to the suffering n death of their own ppl, dsame practice they wanna spread across d federation.. N the white man who never wanted their growth n independence, choose to always come around once in a wyl n see how d bounty in is farm is fending, n if his puppets are still in line nearly after over a 100year of farce n charade amalgamation, n further pseudo- balkanization to keep d confusion n their control... The British wld answer for all dia suppression of freedom N liberation in every society n part of d world, coast to coast, no matter how long.....Stealers of artifacts...

You are wise bro, let's keep spreading the message of emancipation for our blind people.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by dederocs(m): 10:24am On Nov 07, 2018
Ifiokumo:
There you all in your presence see the Agents working to destroy you and your families and your nations....See them in costume....

I pity BLACK AFRICANS
You are wise... We get no benefits from these British and western parasites, all they come for is to monitor their common wealth investment. Evil souls.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 07, 2018
bettercreature:
Go back to school and tell them to teach you UNITARY STATE,PARLIAMENTARY SYSTEM and CONSTITUTIONAL MONARCHY then come back to comment on this post

Good bless you.... One of the few educated Nigerians remaining.
Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by Mizwisdom(f): 10:36am On Nov 07, 2018
Hotfreezer:

Your problem is illiteracy.

Obi Igwe Martha Dunkwu, the traditional ruler of Obodogba village, Okpanam in Oshilili North Local Government of Delta State is female.

2 out of 1000?
Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by victorian(f): 10:41am On Nov 07, 2018
akeentech:
Sultan by the right, Oni by the left the rest are just mere kings. He's very close to Oni than Sultan why?

Because Ooni is an Oracle King. King of all kings, placed in that position by God.

That's why.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by FreemanUYB(m): 10:50am On Nov 07, 2018
victorian:

Because Ooni is an Oracle King. King of all kings, placed in that position by God.

That's why.

fallacy!!!!
don't let the gods themselves visit you!!!!
Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by Olubuyor: 10:51am On Nov 07, 2018
Why Are So Many Jews Millionaires? 

Jews are estimated to make up less than 1% of the world's population, yet approximately 25% of the world's billionaires are Jewish. Jews are always found on lists of the world’s richest people. In 2009, 139 of the Forbes 400 were Jewish. Jews also comprise a very large number of history’s most important figures, people who have had a profound impact on humanity. Approximately 35% of Nobel Prizes have been awarded to Jews. No other ethnic group has even come close to matching the abilities and accomplishments of Jews. 

Since such a large percent of the wealthiest and most successful people in the world are Jewish, a common question the world over is, “Why are so many Jews so wealthy?” Their secret lies not in their genetics or intelligence, as some have believed, but in their religion. Many of the wealthiest Jews use a code based on Judaism. 

You do not need to convert to Judaism.

Just read: *Business Secrets From The Bible*
Authored by a Jewish Rabbi

Price on Amazon: $25.23

Negotiable, SMS/call +2348160345173

Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by Diso60090(m): 10:51am On Nov 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Chai, I pity the Oba of Benin.
Upon all his effizy, see where they seated him.
At the far back.

He didn't even get to seat near an ordinary Prince.
Later he'd expect me to say "Oba gha to kpere".

With the way the Northern monarchs are seated next to Prince Charles, you can tell that the British think Nigeria belongs to the North.

Once again.
I pity the Oba of Benin for this humiliation.

I hear say the oba na axe man too I just dey pray to God make he touch rugged birds heart make them nor use am count scores because for Benin ehee airlords dey vex no joy �
Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by mr1759: 10:54am On Nov 07, 2018
The only true king the is the Oba of Edo, Obi of onitsha and the youngest among then Ooni of Ife

The rest are not traditional ruler instead they are Islamic religious leaders
Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by TAO11(f): 10:54am On Nov 07, 2018
In Reply to sangresan on the post "Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers" wherein you replied me with the following words:

Tales from Arabian Nights:

Oyo was founded by an Ife Prince-

As if Oduduwa himself was an Ife man...

Oba of Benin paid tribute to the Ooni of Ife-

As if visiting the shrine of the Bini prince called Oduduwa is synonymous with paying tribute

You have a YouTube video-

History on YouTube...Clap for yourself

Jacob Egarevba was the authority on Benin History-

Look, my friend, Egarevba has been variously discredited just like other historians of his time...

It all goes down to where Oduduwa came from....

From heaven on a chain, from Mecca as some deluded folks still believe, or from Bini (as it's being investigated by university dons)?

You even tried....but you haven't told us the position of the Ooni among Oduduwa children...Is he no.1 or 2 or 3?....lol

catch you later.

My reply (For some strange reasons I could no longer post on that thread, so Im having it here):

Lol ... You didn't answer the question which your conclusion about Oyo begs, instead you seem to be pushing it to me. The question of where the Oyos came from if not from Ife.

That Oyo was founded by Oromiyan an Ife price is the widely attested position even by the Oyos themselves. If you want to contradict the Oyo people's own history, then you are in for a big job. Please feel free to quote your apparently unknown sources which contradicts widely attested fact admitted even by the same people you appear to be defending. This is interesting.

Oduduwa was a leader of one of the many waves of home-coming migration of the "Yorubas" from the North-East of Africa. I have written extensively on this in two extensive replies I gave (to fero007 and to Opiletool respectively) on the post "Why Do They Hate Been Called Yoruba". [Please refer to this link: https://www.nairaland.com/4810124/why-hate-been-called-yoruba/1#72743295]

Yes, Oba of Beni paid tribute to Ile-Ife (and you heard that loud and clear). The modern spin, twist and re-reading by the Binis that Oduduwa himself was one and the same as a certain Benin prince by the name Ekaladerhan is not helpful at all as it leaves many clashes with widely held and established historical facts.

First, it is not founded anywhere in the primary writings on Benin's history [whether Binis like Egharevba or not because of his candidness, he is still the foremost and primary writer of Benin extraction on Benin's History]. And in history the writings closest to the events (i.e. the earliest written sources) has more weight than later writings that disagrees with it. In fact, according to the "criterion of embarrassment", there is no reason why Egharevba would have deliberately demeaned his own origin if reverse was the case. The logical explanation according to this "criterion of embarrasment" is that he was only stating facts with candidness and respect for history.

Secondly, The Ekaladerhan - Oduduwa equation is found only among the Binis and not corroborated externally anywhere else, not even among Benin's closest neighbors. The name itself (not even its equation with Oduduwa) exists in very little (if at all it exists) in the oral tradition of any of the Bini neighbors. In fact, there has been no relevant oral tradition among any of the circumjacent peoples that can recognize Ekaladerhan or identify him as Oduduwa.

Thirdly, the fact that Oduduwa had so much influence (of diverse sorts) on the culture he met at Ile-Ife, coupled with the fact that the Ifes in much later centuries proved to be highly civilized and organized than the Edos (considering their introduction of the art and science of metal casting to the Edos; their introduction of a monarchy system (the Oba system) which permanently replaced the Ogiso system up till today; their introduction of horses to the people of Igodomigodo as they would be seeing one for the first time when Oromiyan arrived as mentioned by the prominent historian on Benin, Paula Ben-Amos; etc.; all points to the fact that Igodomigodo or Benin is not that country where Oduduwa came to Ife from).

The contradiction from the latter redaction can never be reconciled, and Oduduwa is certainly not from Igodomigodo or Benin. That nonsense is simply a later redaction by some lowly esteemed ethnocentric folks.

Regarding whether or not Oduduwa descended from the sky to Ife, this is obviously a folklore. However, it should be noted that folklores are not entirely fictional, they are founded on historical truths that later snowballed and have been exaggerated into fantastic stories (although with some kernel of historical truth). Folklores are found in every ancient culture including of the Edos. In fact, some folklores of the Hebrews are found in the Bible.

The scientific explanation for this Yoruba folklore is has been submitted by an indigenous scholar S. Adebanji Akintoye in his great work "A History of the Yoruba People". He noted that the folklore was the result of an act by successors of Oduduwa to write his name into an already existing ancient myth of gods descending from heaven. To quote his precise words, he writes:

"As for the introduction of the names Obatala and Oduduwa in its creation myths, there seems no doubt that what we have here is a conflation of very ancient myths with later known facts at some point in 'Yoruba' history. As will be seen in subsequent chapters, Obatala and Oduduwa were not mythical heavenly beings, they were humans who played very significant roles in a great era of 'Yoruba' history. Without doubt what happened was that the contemporaries or successors of Obatala and Oduduwa added these two names to myths that existed probably very long before their time in an attempt to accord Oduduwa particularly the very high position he deserved in the transformation of 'Yoruba' civilization in the most significant era in early 'Yoruba' history."

On the position of Ooni among Oduduwa sons, this is a very laughable one on your part, you can do better. The word "Ooni" is a royal title of the kings (Obas) of Ile-Ife. So, Oduduwa himself became an Ooni and served as a unifying and paramount Oba for (the first time in Ile-Ife history) for all the different Obas of the many Ilus in Ile-Ife.

In fact, recent linguistic analysis of over 500 words shows a word-word correlation between the Yoruba language and the ancient Egyptian language. One of the words establishes that the word "Oni" an ancient Egyptian title of Osiris is one and the same as "Ooni" the Yoruba title for Ile-Ife central kings (Obas) who themselves are god-kings. [Refer to Roth, "Yoruba is Atlantis"].

Lest I forget, you talked about Youtube videos and you seem to be suggesting that the internet is a bad repository of information unlike your apparently beloved physical libraries. Hello, for the record, the internet just like your beloved physical libraries are repositories containing information of diverse sorts. So, it is what the information says and not the size of the building, etc. that it comes from that matters --- What is important is the veracity of the information, i.e. who said it, etc. And for your information this information on the homage paying mentioned in the first video was from a British Museum documentary on Ife and Benin bronze artifacts.

The second video shows a report by an independent media house that was on ground to cover and report events that went down during the visit of the Oba of Benin to Ile-Ife earlier this year.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by danot1030: 10:56am On Nov 07, 2018
Sirheny007:

It really says a lot.
They sat in the order in which they succumbed foolishly to the British.
tongue tongue

The Ipob obi is conspicuously sitting at the rear back, an obvious sign of his low class.
Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by Codes151(m): 10:58am On Nov 07, 2018
Slave master pays his slave trade boys visit
Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by mr1759: 10:59am On Nov 07, 2018
danot1030:

The Ipob obi is conspicuously sitting at the rear back, an obvious sign of his low class.

Obi of onitsha is a king
Ooni of ife a movie star

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by longyemi(m): 11:01am On Nov 07, 2018
Wow!!!

Are you that one who usually forget Special days and time in your life such as Anniversaries and Birthdays of loved ones?

Guess what?
You might remember a few weeks ahead of that special day, but then easily dismiss it into the black hole of your mind where it sits for an eternity. Then, on that special day, you feel like the horses ass because you are the only one who doesn't have a present for your Wife/Husband, Girlfriend/Boyfriend, Colleagues or Mom /Dad – or who totally forgot an anniversary. Now, you are in BIG TROUBLE!

For how long do you want to keep hurting those special people in your life just because your mind is so busy that you forget them on the day they needed you the most?

Let's be your calendar tracker,burden bearer, gift chooser as well as make them know how much you care about them while you go on with your busy schedule!

#JustWishes
#CalenderTracker
#BurdenBearers

Check my signature for more
Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by danot1030: 11:03am On Nov 07, 2018
mr1759:

Obi of onitsha is a king
Ooni of ife a movie star

I guess you are trying to suggest that a movie star is even more rated better than the ipob obi going by the sitting arrangement in the picture.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 07, 2018
LuciferKristi:
Prince Charles will definitely undergo an extensive medical checkup after this harrowing experience.

Being bombarded with strong gworo smell, ginger & garlic stench, aboniki balm heat from our Ab0ki brethren, rotting flesh donated for rituals underneath the Obi of Onitsha's cap + putrid Afonja 3-week boxers on the Ooni's waist can kill an unsuspecting adult.

*spits angry

You are a victim of inferiority complex.

You think everyone stink like you. Spewing rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by mr1759: 11:10am On Nov 07, 2018
danot1030:

I guess you are trying to suggest that a movie star is even more rated better than the ipob obi going by the sitting arrangement in the picture.

Buhari cannot tell any king there where to seat Incase you don’t know they all sat where they felt comfortable go ask, but for the Ooni that was dump by an Edo woman that is to tell he was no match for the woman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by Nas4all(m): 11:14am On Nov 07, 2018
You arrive in a rare vintage British car to greet a British prince! What the heck are you doing, trying to show off to a prince.

What is emir, Oba, and other titles to the king of the commonwealth.

That cars is made in his country, he has owned and trashed so many of them, show some respect and come with your horses.

That prince has come to scold all of you, he is still your superior, your country and 31 others and under his commonwealth and supervision.

Your country is very backwards since we left you to your own devices, that is what he came to tell all you slave traders and diabolic leaders.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by victorian(f): 11:17am On Nov 07, 2018
FreemanUYB:

fallacy!!!!
don't let the gods themselves visit you!!!!

Well, it's no fallacy.

God and gods av always been visiting me.
Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by TAO11(f): 11:19am On Nov 07, 2018
You (sangresan) further wrote in another reply:

Ogbeni, I told you that the term "Yoruba" referred to the Oyos not Ife people...Ooni and his people featured sparingly in Yoruba history up till the 20th Century...He wasnt at any point receiving tribute or adulation from the other kings...Yes, Oduduwa was the progenitor of "some" Yoruba kings, but the Ooni of Ife wasn't among Oduduwa children and couldn't be so revered.......Except you want to tell us that Benin Empire, for example, sent forces to help the Ooni when his town was sacked by the Modakeke forces...That's my point..

As to your ludicrous claims, we will catch up later..

My reply:
I have replied you severally on the fact that your conclusion (that the Alaafin of Oyo is the paramount ruler in Yoruba land) does not follow from your evidence that every other Kaaro Oojire country sometimes later adopted the generic "Yoruba" title which is originally an Oyo supremasist phrase "Oyoroba"meaning "Oyo is king".

To show that the Alaafin of Oyo is the paramount ruler you needed to show that the Ifes descended from the Oyos (and not the other way round) which obviously to the Oyos themselves is an absurd claim.

Instead, what you are repeatedly showing is that the term "Yoruba" is originally in reference to Oyo, and every other Kaaro Oojire country later agreed to adopt it as one generic title. And this of course doesn't prove what you intended it to, rather it corroborates the fact that at some point along the course of history, Oyo grew to a mighty politically independent empire above every other Kaaro Oojire country to the extent that everyone later had no choice but to adopt the word "Yoruba" as a generic title.

You keep mentioning Ooni and Oduduwa as if they are some different persons. Hello ... one is a title and the other is the name of a person that was first known by that title.

Yes! the different kaaro Oojire countries later grew (at some point in the course of their history) so independently that they waged war against each other. and do I need remind you that in 1818 the Binis sought the assistance Kaye, an Itsekiri (Yoruboid sub-group) mystic-warrior in order to fight Akure.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by FreemanUYB(m): 11:24am On Nov 07, 2018
victorian:

Well, it's no fallacy.
God and gods av always been visiting me.
this time its never a normal visit its gonna be a mission!!!
Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by DLuciano: 11:24am On Nov 07, 2018
LuciferKristi:
Prince Charles will definitely undergo an extensive medical checkup after this harrowing experience.

Being bombarded with strong gworo smell, ginger & garlic stench, aboniki balm heat from our Ab0ki brethren, rotting flesh donated for rituals underneath the Obi of Onitsha's cap + putrid Afonja 3-week boxers on the Ooni's waist can kill an unsuspecting adult.

*spits angry
you wan kill me with laugh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by Igboho100: 11:25am On Nov 07, 2018
A royal member finally had to come down to West Aftica to see if there is anything of worth left to loot and if to check out how soft is the ground for them to recolonize us.
Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by Dynamique: 11:27am On Nov 07, 2018
Why is the Alaafin of Oyo not present?.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by Nas4all(m): 11:35am On Nov 07, 2018

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by buchilino(m): 11:39am On Nov 07, 2018
Sirheny007:

It really says a lot. They sat in the order in which they succumbed foolishly to the British. tongue tongue
EOD
Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by akeentech(m): 11:42am On Nov 07, 2018
victorian:

That's why.

You eh?
Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by Princewell2012(m): 11:46am On Nov 07, 2018
laurel03:
No first class king from potopoto side of the country

You are not even ashamed that your first class King were paying homepage to an ordinary Prince. Mumu

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by victorian(f): 11:47am On Nov 07, 2018
FreemanUYB:

this time its never a normal visit
its gonna be a mission!!!

OK.
Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by zoedew: 11:48am On Nov 07, 2018
It should be interesting to know the car the Prince rode in to the event.
Re: Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars by laurel03(m): 11:48am On Nov 07, 2018
Princewell2012:

You are not even ashamed that your first class King were paying homepage to an ordinary Prince. Mumu
OK you know the potopoto region??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

To Be Shot With An AK-47 While Sitting In An Armored Car / Checkout The Number Plate Of This Car Found In Lagos (photo) / Mulliner Bacalar: Bentley Unveils Car With Trim Made From 5,000-Year-old Wood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.