Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

STREET 207 - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / STREET 207 (2331 Views)

My Adventure With My Street Chicks +18 / THE TERRORS ON HOUSTON STREET BY JESSICA DURU / Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: STREET 207 by KhalifaDam: 12:11am On Nov 30, 2018
this work of yours kept me up till this time. kudos bro
Re: STREET 207 by gabrielGROUCH: 11:58am On Nov 30, 2018
KhalifaDam:
this work of yours kept me up till this time. kudos bro

mucho gracias, brother.....appreciate....

1 Like

Re: STREET 207 by gabrielGROUCH: 7:27pm On Nov 30, 2018
KWIK DEBT

"ahhhhh, see as this foolish Monaco spoil my ticket, just one goal, ahhh", Junior V ran screaming into the room that late Friday night.
"its not only you na, them dey my ticket too", Tunji Burna joined in the lamentation
"guy, your own different, why you dey compare your own to my own", Junior said angrily which prompted glancing looks from everybody in the room. Then Jigaba acted as our spokesperson, "what is this one saying? Is it not the same money you used in betting? And is it not money you want to win"
"guy, see am na", Junior thrust the betslip at Jigaba, "na 15,000 I use bet, so now you see why I dey vex pass normal".
"ehhh, sorry for you ooo, and later youll be begging for garri now, you used a whole 15k to bet, good for you, rich man", Jigaba sneered derisively. It was a surprise to the others in the room too, we knew Junior didnt act like someone who had that kid of money to waste in such manner, but then nobody spoke up again, it was his money, didnt affect us one bit.
"ehn, e don go sha, e no mean, na small money", Junior continued, and we all threw looks at one another again, "I go do another one tomorrow, that one sure me, e go enter"
"goodluck to you sha", Burna laughed

It was the normal routine for the weekend since the football season resumed two weeks ago; football analysis and throwing opinions on betting, we all were looking to hit that big jackpot which was looking elusive as the weeks went by, nobody had won a big lump sum in the room, the last winner was Burna and it was pittance compared to what he already lost the same day he won, so we all still looked forward to the next day with the normal thought; we go chop by the grace of God.

"guy, how you take see this Chelsea match? Shey them go win?, I wan give them win and over two goals", Samuel looked at me
"im not sure ooo, hazard isnt fully fit yet, so he might not start again this week, and Arsenal will want to win, since they lost the first game", I erred on the side of caution
"ermm, so na ordinary Arsenal ona no fit beat? Nawa for ona oo, well, I go give Chelsea double chance and over two", he concluded
"yeah, thats better"¸ I nodded in agreement
"after all these analysis we spend hours doing now, last last the ticket will still cast, so why are we bothering ourselves again", Burna turned to face us
"ehn, na your money nii? Make I waste am na, no worry when I chop, I go give you 100 make you play your own", Samuel laughed out
"na wetin we dey talk since even before season start sef, and see nothing to show for it", Burna threw back at Samuel
"wetin concern you na, na your money nii, I dey go the shop now, who wan mah play game for am", Jigaba cut into the conversation
"take my own, Jiga, I no get monet for account again, so na shop for now", Samuel handed a piece of paper and money over and Jigaba set out to the shop outside school to play it. He returned later than expected, giving Samuel his Betslip,
"omoh, Sam, na your ticket delay me, the thing no gree play, so I just tll them make thm commot one game, na the Inter game them commot, he kon play, and the Inter game play for my own, no know why he be like that for your own"
"ehhh, maybe na God na, he don know say the thing go cast, an why he help me", Samuel shrugged
"noo, not possible, the game dey my own, so it must play", Jigaba shook his head
"ehn, that one na your own wahala sha, thanks, oyah, everybody ooooo", he gathered us close, "I dey chop today ooo, make ona ready, we go ball this week, money go show"
"thats what you guys say everyday, baba, instead make you enjoy your money, feed yourself, you dey waste am", Martins sneered
"okay oo, Martins, I no go give you anything if e enter", Samuel answered
"why would want I money thats imaginary", Martins replied, we all screamed savage that moment trying to get Samuel to give a worthy comeback, but he just looked at us and kept quiet, walking to his corner.

Later that day, we all asked about the Betslips from the guys that played and we werent surprised when they started lamenting,
"where that Samuel sef, that Inter game wey he dey fear, he enter neat neat, better three nil win", Jigaba grinned
"so your ticket still dey go?", I asked him, to which he nodded in confirmation
"so Junior, how far, how much you use bet today, rich man", Burna asked
"guy, guy, na one corner I need from that same Inter match, see as them mess up", he proceeded to show him the ticket, we could all see it, another five thousand down the drain.
"ehhhh, them just dey get you with all these one goal, one corner, no worry, na sign from God say you go soon win", Burna placated,
"I hope so oo, cause me don tire"
"at least your own na one goal, me I carry under three goals, the bastards score four for first half, the other one wey I carry over one goal, them score since third minute, kon forget how to score again", Tweener cried, we all laughed at this, and on and on it went, with nobody winning, not even Samuel who came later to tell us his game already crashed at the first minute, another day gone with dreams of being millionaires not achieved.

Sunday morning was like any other type in other rooms, half of the occupants going to Church, the other half lazing about the room.
"see, I don tire oo, I no even get strength go church, when money no dey", Samuel lamented
"I get idea oo, I was going to tell you guys earlier but I wasnt sure youd be up to it", Burna spoke up
"guy, anything on your mind, tell us jare, we wan hear", I implored, at the sound of which Shola came over to sit in with us.
"theres an app PayLater, my guys that are into Yahoo make use of it, they will take loans from it, flex and when maga pays, they pay back the loan, so the app na just to dey manage their lifestyle, them dey collect better money from am, I even get one guy sef, he dey build him ratings there, he wan reach level where e fit borrow 1 million, and like that, na Yankee straight", Burna explained, we all kept silent for a while, each of us thinking through what we just heard, then Shola spoke up,
"ohhhh, guy, and you sabi this kind thing before, you no tell us? We fit borrow from he app, use am carry two odd, double the money, pay back the loan and the remaining gain wey we get, na for us, omoh, you get the app, send am to me", he whipped out his phone. We all got the app, with the same ideas in our head, and after going through the necessary registration, and all applying for loans that early morning, it wasnt till the afternoon that we got replies back, our applications had been denied.
"omoh, nawa oo, so after our we don raise our hopes, naso them treat us", Samuel said
"I tire ooo, and I don already pick the game wey I go use the money play, better two odds", I was disappointed
"Burna, your PayLater wicked ooo, why them no grant us the loans, help us buzz your guy, make we know the kind information wey he fill, make we fill am again", we called out
"no problem, but since PayLater no wan pay us, make we try this other one KwikCash, the problem there be say, them dey start very small, like one thousand and from there, you go dey upgrade", he explained again. We all tried this new one, and I wasnt eligible to take a loan yet, Shola wasnt too but Samuel could get a loan of five thousand, without wasting time, he did, and getting the credit alert, funded his bet account with hopes of doubling the money, he succeeded in doing so, but then greed never leaves us humans, and with some other gambles, lost everything.
"omoh, I don die oo, money don finish", he told Shola
"ahhh, shebi you don get up to ten thousand for account na, wetin happen"
"I see one live game wey sure, kon use the whole money play, say make I just reach twenty five thousand, omoh, naso the money wipe commot ooo", he lamented
"ahhhhh, aye le ooo (life is hard ooo), omoh, Gabriel, come hear, come hear", and I heard the full story, we decided to wait on Burna to return to ask for some help.

After telling him the whole story amidst laughter and shaking of heads, we all asked him if he knew any other loan sites or apps.
"but you still dey owe KwikCash now, you wan borrow another one?", he looked alarmed
"noo, na from another site, so maybe I go fit play another two odds, and this time, I go withdraw am sharp sharp", Samuel pleaded
"you still wan use am bet? Omoh, I don learn lesson, I no go use borrowed money bet oo"
"ermm, I fit no bet, I go just pay KwikCash then, so I go fit collect another loan, kon pay the other site", Samuel explained again
"so you wan dey do like that, till when? Chai, which kind life be this?, shebi you still get one month to pay, I go check for other sites", with that, he left us alone
"omoh, be like I no go borrow too oo, but I need money, I wan go that beach event wey Davido dey come, and Dbanj", I said
"you too dey go? Omoh we plenty be that ooo, you dey carry girl? ", Shola asked
"you hear say I no get money, still dey ask about girl, nawa for you oo", I rolled my eyes
"e no mean na, as for me sha, I dey carry girl go, but I never ask am sha, still wan gather small", he smiled, as I turned to shoot a reply at him, Jigaba burst in,
"ahhh, them don get me today, all my games don enter ooo, naso I check scores again, them don cancel one goal, and game end like that, ahhhhh, which kind life". We all turned to look at each other and smiled, different day same story.
Re: STREET 207 by gabrielGROUCH: 11:42am On Dec 09, 2018
BABY BOY? JUST BOY?!

He didn’t join the others in their frivolous activities; betting was a waste of time, he already knew that, so he put his energy into better things amongst which girls were a part of. Girls, this school was bearable only because of the beautiful creatures, praise the good lord for them, he smiled as he thought of this. It was a Monday morning, and he had classes to go to, putting on his sweatshirts with his legs in his cosy slides, with his customary bandanna around his forehead,
"howfar, Samuel, shey I dey okay?", he turned around
"ehhhh, fine boy, fresh guy, I like that your slides ooo, but where your glasses", Samuel gushed about him
"ohhh, I don forget am sef, see my life", he rummaged in his locker for it, dusting it off then set it on his bridge of his nose, "make sense now abi?"
"confirm, better thing, fine boy"
"nooo, na baby boy now, fresh baby boy", with that he left the room boncing with a certain swagger.

Classes went smoothly as they always did for baby boy, the lecturers couldn’t dampen the mood he was in, and after the long haul of classes, he took a stroll to the Sports Centre to while the time away. Leaving the place, he noticed a lady walking all alone, carrying a bag of sorts, she must have gone shopping, without thinking it over, he sauntered over to her.
"excuse me, isn’t that stressful?"
"pardon?", she paused, looking him over
"i’m talking about the bag, and you walking with it under this harsh sun", he replied smiling
"ohh, its no problem", she turned away
"noo, lemme help you", without waiting for a reply, he took the bag away from her, "lead the way please". The lady laughed, then continued walking
"so my name’s Samuel", he started
"i’m Stephanie"
"steph, hmm, so where’ve you been hiding all these while", he asked with a grin
"in my hostel and faculty", she replied laughing
"i’m geography", he indicated his department
"i’m Economics", she looked at him
"woah, so same faculty, even better, must be som sign from God", he pointed out with a grin
"really? If you say so", she shrugged
Taking this as a green light to march on with his advances, he continued, "so where you coming from"
"work"
"no classes today? "
"not really, but i’ve got to work, besides i’ll catch up with the others"
"cool, must be something big for you to ditch classes though"¸he angled
"its on the island, i’m the rep for a beauty shop, so I organize the models and do what a manager does basically, in a mini way", she explained
"ehhh, big girl"
"noooo, im just hustling too oo", she shook her head
"still great though," seeing there were almost getting to the only hostel in the vicinity, he hastened his plan, "now i’ve got something to look forward to when I go to FSS, can I have your number?"
She turned to look at him, then smiled, "don’t worry, when you come to the faculty, you’ll see me, not so hard to recognize the nice guy that helped me today" and with that she took her bag from him, said thanks then walked into her hostel without a second glance behind.
"………………..and like that I just stood there, omoh, I no believe am, I still dey shock now sef, na why I talk say make I come ask if ona sabi the girl, a whole baby boy like me dey do house boy, help girl carry bag", he looked dismayed

"haaaaa, you played yourself, Opiro, we sabi Steph", I said looking to the others
"that girl dey form die, you no wetin we dey call am nii? Stephanie SouthAfrica", Samuel continued, " the girl dey yarn us story of how she go SA because of Class Rep position, story wey nobody ask am"
"and i’m sure that Island story is another one sha, no bother yourself with that girl, she no go even answer you normally, na because you carry bag for am, she just look your side", Shola finished
"ehhhhhh, so I just dey feel myself for nothing, omoh thunder go fire that girl ooo, me wey suppose take cab come hostel normally, kon dey suffer under that kind sun", he lamented further. I moved in to pat his shoulder, "every boy don go through this stage before, its normal, you will run into another girl and this time she wont use you as her bag carrier", I said with a laugh as the others joined in.
Re: STREET 207 by gabrielGROUCH: 6:27pm On Dec 30, 2018
So they are bringing our transformer tomorrow or tueaday.....after close to a month and half.....and work will suddenly resume...thank you all.
Re: STREET 207 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 30, 2018
gabrielGROUCH:
So they are bringing our transformer tomorrow or tueaday.....after close to a month and half.....and work will suddenly resume...thank you all.
ehya na wa oooooo i hope when the update starts it will be a super pack
Re: STREET 207 by gabrielGROUCH: 6:00pm On Dec 31, 2018
Dmajor100:
ehya na wa oooooo i hope when the update starts it will be a super pack

brother from.another mother, appreciate the checking in. sure thing oooo.......preparing non stop..... back to back.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Ebook On How To Legally Download Ebook On The Internet Without Paying A Dime / Freelance Writers Wanted For Print And Online Magazine. / How To Use An Ellipsis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.