Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,360 members, 7,836,468 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take (5277 Views)

Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order / El Rufai Displays Great Humility In This (pics) / Is Professor Osibanjo Right With This? (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 21, 2010
This is a clear evidence that Nigeria is a failed state.

1 Like

Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 21, 2010
State?
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2010
michelin89:

State?
State aka condition aka status
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by ElRazur: 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2010
What is the big deal? Black man works, black man gets paid.

Will it be an issue if he was holding the umbrella for another black man?

While you are here feeling sorry, he is happy he's got a job and able to feed his family. Gosh.

By the way, anyone know what those writings are?
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2010
Awe, how do you know if that's part of his job or that he's being paid for treating [i]them [/i]like royalties?

Let me go to china and expect the same treatment undecided
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2010
mikeansy:

This is a clear evidence that Nigeria is a failed state.
rubbish. . what has the attitude of one useless mopol got to to do with nigeria being a failed state.ok check this pix also and tell me india is a failed state

Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by dominique(f): 9:48pm On Jul 21, 2010
SMH at picture
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by ElRazur: 9:48pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Awe, how do you know if that's part of his job or that he's being paid for treating [i]them [/i]like royalties?

Let me go to china and expect the same treatment  undecided

VIP are treated like royalties. Heck, S019 (co19) who guards ambassadors in London will provide such service if necessary.

Personally, I see no problem with it. Will you be happy he is out of a job and begging on the streets? He is guarding a VIP and doing exactly what he is supposed to do.

Please tell me, will you have a problem with it if the china man is a black man instead? undecided

You will get the same treatment in china when you are considered a VIP. (You have ability to influence deal, sign big billion dollar deals etc)
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 21, 2010
ElRazur:

What is the big deal? Black man works, black man gets paid.

Will it be an issue if he was holding the umbrella for another black man?

While you are here feeling sorry, he is happy he's got a job and able to feed his family. Gosh.

By the way, anyone know what those writings are?

That is not just any black man holding an umbrella for a Chinese or Foreigner. It is a Nigerian Police Officer holding an Umbrella for an immigrant. If that does not trouble you then I am sorry.

And you and I know that this is not a gesture of humility, or a service rendered by the Police officer by choice. The man is doing the will of his Oga and our police officers should not be reduced to this.

1 Like

Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 21, 2010
~Bluetooth:

rubbish. . what has the attitude of one useless mopol got to to do with nigeria being a failed state.ok check this pix also and tell me india is a failed state

The man in your picture is carrying his boss in the police. Why that should not also be acceptable, its better than a Nigerian Police worshiping imigrants in our country just because they have a lighter skin.

It is a reflective of our inferiority as a people.
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

State aka condition aka status

Ok o
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Adonike(m): 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2010
He who say this great nation is a failed state then, dat person must be suffering from cloitkindlliabokadbfabouttglovsis!
Yes!
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by ElRazur: 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2010
mikeansy:

That is not just any black man holding an umbrella for a Chinese or Foreigner. It is a Nigerian Police Officer holding an Umbrella for an immigrant. If that does not trouble you then I am sorry.

And you and I know that this is not a gesture of humility, or a service rendered by the Police officer by choice. The man is doing the will of his Oga and our police officers should not be reduced to this.

No. He is a black man doing a job he is supposed to do - Protect, babysit and man guard a VIP.

This immigrant may be a billion dollar business man with influence across the world.  I am not sure I see your point here. By the way, it comes across like there is a complex of some kind going on with your statement.

He is a policeman, and part of the duty expected of him is to follow orders. I really do not see the problem here.
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 21, 2010
ElRazur:

VIP are treated like royalties. Heck, S019 (co19) who guards ambassadors in London will provide such service if necessary.

Personally, I see no problem with it. Will you be happy he is out of a job and begging on the streets? He is guarding a VIP and doing exactly what he is supposed to do.

Please tell me, will you have a problem with it if the china man is a black man instead? undecided

You will get the same treatment in china when you are considered a VIP. (You have ability to influence deal, sign big billion dollar deals etc)
What does him being a police officer have to do with holding an umbrella? Heck, it aint even raining.

Is that part of their job? Guarding him with an umbrella?

Na the 'VIP' employ am?
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 21, 2010
mikeansy:

The man in your picture is carrying his boss in the police. Why that should not also be acceptable, its better than a Nigerian Police worshiping imigrants in our country just because they have a lighter skin.

It is a reflective of our inferiority as a people.
like i said,the attitude of a useless policeman doesnot reflect the whole population.if i was to address the issue as per police attitude,its different but relating it to nigerians and the nation as a whole doesnt make sense at all angry angry angry
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by ElRazur: 9:58pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

What does him being a police officer have to do with holding an umbrella? Heck, it aint even raining.

Is that part of their job? Guarding him with an umbrella?

Na the 'VIP' employ am?

Police provide guarding duties for important figures all the time. For example, UK prime minster have a police in front of his house 24hrs. High value people are given police guard. My point is, he appears to be a VIP an as such provided with a police guard.

The VIP do not need to employ him, but as part of his duty, he is expected to provide man-guarding services when needed. You do realise they train for event like this?

Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by EzeUche(m): 9:59pm On Jul 21, 2010
This picture sickens me. Just as bad as an African bending over backwards for a European.

Don't tell me that some Africans are starting to worship Asians? Why is he holding an umbrella like he is some slave?
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 21, 2010
ElRazur:

No. He is a black man doing a job he is supposed to do - Protect, babysit and man guard a VIP.

This immigrant may be a billion dollar business man with influence across the world.  I am not sure I see your point here. By the way, it comes across like there is a complex of some kind going on with your statement.

He is a policeman, and part of the duty expected of him is to follow orders. I really do not see the problem here.

My point here is Roman Abramovic can not have a London Police officer holding umbrella for him around London, neither will Aliko Dangote get this same treatment from a Police Officer in Beinjing.

Police Officers in Nigerian Police Uniforms should not be reduced to this. This is how if you get to the Airport in Nigeria you see Nigerian immigration officers begging money from travellers and you tell me these Police and Immigration officers who are representatives of the Federal Government on the streets being reduced to this level is not a problem?
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by ElRazur: 10:00pm On Jul 21, 2010
EzeUche:

This picture sickens me. Just as bad as an African bending over backwards for a European.

Don't tell me that some Africans are starting to worship Asians?

Will you feel less nauseated if he was holding it for another black man? Yes or No please. smiley
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2010
ElRazur:

Police office provide guarding duties for important figure. UK prime minster have a police infront of his house 24hrs. High value people are given police guard. My point is, he appears to be a VIP an as such provided with a police guard.

The VIP do not need to employ him, but as part of his duty, he is expected to provide man-guarding services when needed. You do realise they train for event like this?

Guarding him with an umbrella?

Stop with that explanation. Is it raining? If it's too hot, why cant he hold his own umbrella?

So our police are now "Egyptian slaves"?

"CHINA IN AFRIKA"? And witht hat pixs? Obviously, you're trying to pretend, I'm sure that you're not blind  smiley
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by EzeUche(m): 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2010
ElRazur:

Will you feel less nauseated if he was holding it for another black man? Yes or No please. smiley

Yes, because a man can hold his own umbrella. If he was hired to protect the man, then he should be protecting him, not protecting him from the sun.
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2010
~Bluetooth:

like i said,the attitude of a useless policeman doesnot reflect the whole population.if i was to address the issue as per police attitude,its different but relating it to nigerians and the nation as a whole doesnt make sense at all angry angry angry

And you dont believe this has something to do with our self esteem as a people and the self esteem of our civil servants which is a direct consequence of whether our civil servants are paid a living wage?

This police man is simply doing this so that egunje may fall of from this man, and you and I know this.

Nigeria should be a prouder Nation than that. Our Police officers should not be reduced to this.
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by ElRazur: 10:07pm On Jul 21, 2010
mikeansy:

My point here is Roman Abramovic can not have a London Police officer holding umbrella for him around London, neither will Aliko Dangote get this same treatment from a Police Officer in Beinjing.

Police Officers in Nigerian Police Uniforms should not be reduced to this. This is how if you get to the Airport in Nigeria you see Nigerian immigration officers begging money from travellers and you tell me these Police and Immigration officers who are representatives of the Federal Government on the streets being reduced to this level is not a problem?

Some VIP provide their own private and personal security. I was lucky once to have Simon Cowell (X-factor creator) come over to my work place there wasn't any visible police, however he had what appear to be his own personal security staff with him. Abramovich do not need one as he most likely provide his own security. Mind you, if he reqested from the state for whatever reason, he may be given one if it is deemed so.

Aliko will get the same treatment if he was about to be a major player with china.

Police officers are trained to provide Man-Guarding and Personal guarding etc. Are you suggesting that because of bruised ego, they should not do something they are trained to do?  
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 21, 2010
mikeansy:

And you dont believe this has something to do with our self esteem as a people and the self esteem of our civil servants which is a direct consequence of whether our civil servants are paid a living wage?

This police man is simply doing this so that egunje may fall of from this man, and you and I know this.

Nigeria should be a prouder Nation than that. Our Police officers should not be reduced to this.
i am still coming with my comment on the issue of the police but what annoys me is you relating it with nigeria's failure.if i may ask,can you do that as a civilian for your chinco boss ?
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by EzeUche(m): 10:11pm On Jul 21, 2010
mikeansy:

Gbam!

I experienced that when I was trying to leave Lagos for the UK. Those immigration officers have those hungry looks in their eyes. I was getting bombarded by them to give them a dash. You would never see that in a Western nation.
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by ElRazur: 10:13pm On Jul 21, 2010
EzeUche:

Yes, because a man can hold his own umbrella. If he was hired to protect the man, then he should be protecting him, not protecting him from the sun.

Let me deal with your replies in several fronts.

You are saying YES to my question, you do realise that makes you come across as a racist or someone who have some sort of inferiority complex going on? Learn to see beyond colour and lets just deal with matters for what they are.

The issue here is that he is a police officer, he is trained in what he is doing, and as such required to put those training to practice during the time he is employed as a police officer.

Again, for the god-knows-how-many-times-now VIP are treated like royalties. For examples, there have been reports that when wealthy and influential Saudi Business men come to london do some business of some kind, their host provide them with prostitute etc. And these host can be a big company.

My point is that, in the world of business, those considered VIP will be pampered and treated like royalties. This photo here is probably no exception. The background appears to be a building site of some kind etc.
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2010
Elenu Razor,

There's a difference between inferiority complex and realizing that you're being reduced to chiot in your own country.

Dont we have chinese VIP in America? Canada? Do you see them doing any of these stuff?

Read the label on the magazine, then look at the picture.

This is a mag cover of China business in America

[img]http://1.bp..com/_tEy2Y3HHZgY/Szt2h-AEEbI/AAAAAAAABmQ/OxDxQpfsrmI/s320/China-International-Business-Kindle-Edition.jpg[/img]
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 21, 2010
~Bluetooth:

i am still coming with my comment on the issue of the police but what annoys me is you relating it with nigeria's failure.if i may ask,can you do that as a civilian for your chinco boss ?

What you fail to realise is that that chinco man is not his boss or the boss of any Police officer in Nigeria. The Inspector General of Police and the rest of the higher echelons of the police force are his boss not some immigrant Businessman that should have needed no personal protection safe for the insecurity in our society.

But the fact is that the police man was not hired to protect him from rain or sun. I have no clue why you can't see this as misuse of police personnel driven by poverty in our system.

A police officer with the luxury to understand his self esteem as a police officer will not be used in this manner. The reason he is being used in this manner is the low wage being paid to our civil servants and this is a direct consequence of our poor leadership and corruption. So it is a symbol of our failed state.
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by tpiah: 10:22pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

There's a difference between inferiority complex and realizing that you're being reduced to chiot in your own country.

Dont we have chinese VIP in America? Canada? Do you see them doing any of these stuff?

Read the label on the magazine, then look at the picture.

This is a mag cover of China business in America

[img]http://1.bp..com/_tEy2Y3HHZgY/Szt2h-AEEbI/AAAAAAAABmQ/OxDxQpfsrmI/s320/China-International-Business-Kindle-Edition.jpg[/img]

^^was the op's photo titled china business in nigeria?
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by EzeUche(m): 10:23pm On Jul 21, 2010
ElRazur:

Let me deal with your replies in several fronts.

You are saying YES to my question, you do realise that makes you come across as a racist or someone who have some sort of inferiority complex going on? Learn to see beyond colour and lets just deal with matters for what they are.

The issue here is that he is a police officer, he is trained in what he is doing, and as such required to put those training to practice during the time he is employed as a police officer.

Again, for the god-knows-how-many-times-now VIP are treated like royalties. For examples, there have been reports that when wealthy and influential Saudi Business men come to london do some business of some kind, their host provide them with love-peddler etc. And these host can be a big company.

My point is that, in the world of business, those considered VIP will be pampered and treated like royalties. This photo here is probably no exception. The background appears to be a building site of some kind etc.

A black man can NEVER be racist, because we do not have the power to keep other races down. We may be prejudiced but there is no way a black man can be racist.

And only a person who has never experienced racism would post like that. Or a person who has never left Nigeria. People in Nigeria can be so naive about white man or Asian. Some view us as animals but we still kiss that arse. Our women throw themselves on these people, and our men treat them like gods. Sickening. That is why Africa is in the sad state that we are in, because we look to the West and now East to solve our problems instead of looking inward.
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 21, 2010
tpiah:

^^was the op's photo titled chinese business in nigeria?

El Razur is giving me the theory that the Chinese man is a 'VIP',  possibly a CEO. What else would he be for the cop to be holding an umbrella for him? What else but an important businessman doing business in Nigeria?

Or are we now treating common tourists like royalties?
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by bkbabe90(m): 10:25pm On Jul 21, 2010
I was gonna say something kinda crazy, then something else came to mind! Below is the pic of one of the gals at whose party I was this past weekend (the Hausa chic I told 006 a.k.a pe.dophi.le to check out who her family was just to realize how hopelessly wretched his existence was. . . . ). So, I guess it probably aint mucha big deal!

Notice, that she's getting on a Private jet in England (she's only 21 yrs old) and a customs Agent is holding up an umbrella over her head!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=60981265

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Daniel Dumps Pdp …. Appears At Ppn Rally / Pdp Women Campaigned Against Jonathan In Osun Presidential Rally (picture) / Lawan: How Gaps In Constitution Fester Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.