Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,083 members, 7,863,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:54 AM

This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take (5291 Views)

Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order / El Rufai Displays Great Humility In This (pics) / Is Professor Osibanjo Right With This? (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 21, 2010
mikeansy:

What you fail to realise is that that chinco man is not his boss or the boss of any Police officer in Nigeria. The Inspector General of Police and the rest of the higher echelons of the police force are his boss not some immigrant Businessman that should have needed no personal protection safe for the insecurity in our society.

But the fact is that the police man was not hired to protect him from rain or sun. I have no clue why you can't see this as misuse of police personnel driven by poverty in our system.

A police officer with the luxury to understand his self esteem as a police officer will not be used in this manner. The reason he is being used in this manner is the low wage being paid to our civil servants and this is a direct consequence of our poor leadership and corruption. So it is a symbol of our failed state.

te policeman may have stooped so low no doubt about that but it still doesnt mean that a larger percentage of nigerians would do that.blame it on a s skissing and not nigeria.
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by ElRazur: 10:28pm On Jul 21, 2010
EzeUche:

A black man can NEVER be racist, because we do not have the power to keep other races down. We may be prejudiced but there is no way a black man can be racist.

And only a person who has never experienced racism would post like that. Or a person who has never left Nigeria. People in Nigeria can be so naive about white man or Asian. Some view us as animals but we still kiss that arse. Our women throw themselves on these people, and our men treat them like gods. Sickening. That is why Africa is in the sad state that we are in, because we look to the West and now East to solve our problems instead of looking inward.

There is a lot of things wrong with your comments. undecided Let me put it nice and simple. Anyone can be racist. With all due respect, you may want to look up the meaning and actions of someone who is racist.  I stand by what I said before, your post is filled with inferiority complex, and you have shown that again in the post above.

I think we are moving away from the subject matter. Try and look at it in this simple ways - Black man work, black man gets paid. Does it matter as to which COLOUR or RACE his services are directed towards?

Come on man, you are a smart man.
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by tpiah: 10:30pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

El Razur is giving me the theory that the Chinese man is a 'VIP',  possibly a CEO. What else would he be for the cop to be holding an umbrella for him? What else but an important businessman doing business in Nigeria?

Or are we now treating common tourists like royalties?

do you see the row of new housing behind him?

do you know if he's one of the builders, developers or whatever?

if he were black the policeman would have done the same and folks would still be complaining.

i've seen pictures of p diddy being followed around by an umbrella carrier.

my point?

issues are relative.

not to mention the photo was probably staged for the camera.
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by ElRazur: 10:31pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Or are we now treating common tourists like royalties?

How many "tourists" pay police officer to guard them in naija? How many "tourists" come to Nigeria? By the way, do "Tourist attraction places" look like a building site?  

I have no proof he is a VIP, but judging by how VIP are treated, it is not far fetched to suggest he is one. Just look at the photo.
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by EzeUche(m): 10:33pm On Jul 21, 2010
ElRazur:

There is a lot of things wrong with your comments. undecided Let me put it nice and simple. Anyone can be racist. With all due respect, you may want to look up the meaning and actions of someone who is racist.  I stand by what I said before, your post is filled with inferiority complex, and you have shown that again in the post above.

I think we are moving away from the subject matter. Try and look at it in this simple ways - Black man work, black man gets paid. Does it matter as to which COLOUR or RACE his services are directed towards?

Come on man, you are a smart man.

Let me break racism down for you.

rac ism

1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Nothing I said was racist according to the definition. I just have a problem when a grown man is reduced in this way. What makes matters worse is that he is an African. And we all know how Africans, no matter what country seem to worship foreigners.

Who cares if he is getting paid for this? Have you heard of something called pride? Just as the Black Americans what they think about this picture, since they had to experience slavery and Jim Crow. Any person caught defending this picture would be called an UNCLE TOM.
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 21, 2010
ElRazur:

How many "tourists" pay police officer to guard them in naija? How many "tourists" come to Nigeria? By the way, do "Tourist attraction places" look like a building site?  

I have no proof he is a VIP, but judging by how VIP are treated, it is not far fetched to suggest he is one. Just look at the photo.

Since we can't be sure if he's a simple tourist renting the one of the houses behind him for his stay or a VIP as you assume,  then how does the picture and the label make sense?

China in Afrika? 'Living the life' at the expense of Nigeria's citizens/officials?

tpiah:

do you see the row of new housing behind him?

do you know if he's one of the builders, developers or whatever?

if he were black the policeman would have done the same and folks would still be complaining.

i've seen pictures of p diddy being followed around by an umbrella carrier.

my point?

issues are relative.

not to mention the photo was probably staged for the camera.

Read my response to Elenu Razor.
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by ElRazur: 10:37pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ezeuche.

It is weird that you have shown inferiority complex, and in the process shown a form of intolerance in your comment towards whatever race the man in picture may be from. Please read your own post again.

Speaking of pride, he is proud of his job and his uniform, and the fact that he takes money home and not living on the streets. Now, that is proper pride.
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 21, 2010
@tpiah

Of that picture of P.Diddy. . .  did it also say "P. Diddy in America?". . .  

You do realize thatt he title/label is used to describe the affairs/ condition  between Africans/ Chinese in 'Afrika'

ElRazur:

Ezeuche.

It is weird that you have shown inferiority complex, and in the process shown a form of intolerance in your comment towards whatever race the man in picture may be from. Please read your own post again.

Speaking of pride, he is proud of his job and his uniform, and the fact that he takes money home and not living on the streets. Now, that is proper pride.
Dude, you're so full of assumptions.

Did he tell you that he was proud of his uniform and his job? Did he disclose his monthly allowance as an officer and umbrella carrier to you?
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by bkbabe90(m): 10:39pm On Jul 21, 2010
mikeansy:

My point here is Roman Abramovic can not have a London Police officer holding umbrella for him around London, neither will Aliko Dangote get this same treatment from a Police Officer in Beinjing.

WRONG ON ALL COUNTS!!!! Even here in the United States, if u got cheddar ure treated like V.I.P! Has everyone forgotten so quickly how, during the Michael Jackson trial, LAPD officers used to hold umbrellas over Wacko Jacko's head? The only reason the only thing a Cop would hold over your head is a Night Stick, can of Mace, or Taser ,instead of an umbrella, is: if URE BROKE, TRASHY AND POOR!!! lol

The pic below is of a 21 YR Old Nigerian Chic:

Notice, that she's getting on a Private jet in England (she's only 21 yrs old) and a British Customs Agent is holding up an umbrella over her head! V.I.P, Niggah! Stop hating and get money!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=9056437

Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by EzeUche(m): 10:40pm On Jul 21, 2010
ElRazur:

Ezeuche.

The true inferiority complex is being shown through you. I would never serve a foreigner like some slave. I have way too much pride to hold some umbrella for a person who may consider me an animal.

Money is not everything. He is no different from the ashawo who spread their legs for everyone. Especially expatriates. Come to Port Harcourt and you will see how these women with loose morals act like.
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by ElRazur: 10:45pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Dude, you're so full of assumptions.

Did he tell you that he was proud of his uniform and his job? Did he disclose his monthly allowance as an officer and umbrella carrier to you?

Nope. Uniform shows professionalism, and professionalism comes with pride.

What are you talking about? He's got a job and he gets paid is my point. Will you prefer him begging on this street?

EzeUche:

The true inferiority complex is being shown through you. I would never serve a foreigner like some slave. I have way too much pride to hold some umbrella for a person who may consider me an animal.

The part in bold, shows you are subliminally racist and have an inferiority complex.

Money is not everything. He is no different from the ashawo who spread their legs for everyone. Especially expatriates. Come to Port Harcourt and you will see how these women with loose morals act like.

So you are saying a police officer who went to a police academy, graduated and got recruited and doing what he was trained to do is an Ashewo?

I think am done with you. No vex if I no reply you again. I no want make this thread get derailed. smiley
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 21, 2010
I have no problem with him having a job. . . but is what the picture depicting part of his profession?

Like I said, I have a problem against the picture and the Label that describes the picture.
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by bkbabe90(m): 10:55pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I have no problem with him having a job. . . but is what the picture depicting part of his profession?

Like I said, I have a problem against the picture and the Label that describes the picture.

And what about when a White, British Customs officer holds and Umbrella over the head of a 21 year old Nigerian gal? You got no problem with that right? Why? Cus a White boy/gal is serving the black lady? lol. wow! Man, stop hating and get money!
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 21, 2010
bk/babe

where is the evidence that the lady holding the umbrella is a custom official and not some airline operative offering a standard service by the airline to all its customers. You know it could be a rainy day and the airline decides that it wants to usher all of its customers with an umbrella to the plane.

Look I have nothing against citizens treating Foreigners how they deem fit.

But I have a problem with Nigerian Police officers being used like some servants to immigrants no matter how highly placed they may be.
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by olaolabiy: 10:57pm On Jul 21, 2010
@ileke idi

i will like to chat with, plz.
any chance?
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 21, 2010
bk/babe90:

And what about when a White, British Customs officer holds and Umbrella over the head of a 21 year old Nigerian gal? You got no problem with that right? Why? Cus a White boy/gal is serving the black lady? lol. wow! Man, stop hating and get money!
And on that picture, does it say "Nigeria in Europe'?

Obviously, you dont get that the label is suppose to describe the picture, which is supposed to represent the condition/affairs of China in 'Afrika'. Degrading!

ola olabiy:

@ileke idi

i will like to chat with, plz.
any chance?
No.  Sorry smiley
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by olaolabiy: 10:59pm On Jul 21, 2010
@ElRaZul is crazy!
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by olaolabiy: 11:00pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

And on that picture, does it say "Nigeria in Europe'?

Obviously, you dont get that the label is suppose to describe the picture, which is supposed to represent the condition/affairs of China in 'Afrika'. Degrading!

No. Sorry smiley

why? what have i done?
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Gbawe: 11:00pm On Jul 21, 2010
mikeansy:

The man in your picture is carrying his boss in the police. Why that should not also be acceptable, its better than a Nigerian Police worshiping imigrants in our country just because they have a lighter skin.

It is a reflective of our inferiority as a people.

The Asian man is not neccessarily an immigrant. He could be the financier/chief partner/head Architect/project manager for the Estate we see behind him staying temporarily in Nigeria on a work Visa. you would be an immigrant if you are "a person who migrates to another country, usually for permanent residence." http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/immigrant

Secondly , as an individual who has travelled extensively in Africa, I think you will find that Nigerians , out of virtually all Africans , are least deserving of being accused of "worshipping immigrant because they have a lighter skin". Trust me when I say that Nigeria is a Mecca of mental emancipation compared to what obtains on the ground in most African nations .

Having said all that , I can understand your anger. The picture you see is an indication of how those who are corrupt have destroyed our Police force. The past three IG's of Police (Tafa "shake down" Balogun, Ehindero "Egunje" , Okiro "kalo kalo"wink and the current Police boss ("biggie Smalls" Onovo) were all expedient 'guns-for-hire' appointments chosen more for their ability to deliver election victories , for their benefactors, than for their skills at developing a modern and effective Police force . Merge this with how the police force is starved of funds and routinely used partisanly by political leaders and you will understand why the likes of Fashola are asking for State Police that will enable competent States develop their own Police force to proffessional standards since the FG appears happy to play politics with the safety of Nigerian lives and properties with a Mickey Mouse force they deliberately decimate and neuter for their own gains.

When you look at that picture , it is the corrupt leaders you must get angry at. If we gain a President that will reform the Police effectively and sincerely , to include letting some State have their own police force, we will gain a well-motivated and well-trained police force consisting of officers who will not be keen to demean their esteemed positions.
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by bkbabe90(m): 11:00pm On Jul 21, 2010
mikeansy:

bk/babe

where is the evidence that the lady holding the umbrella is a custom official and not some airline operative offering a standard service by the airline to all its customers..

Umm, dude, are you seriously asking me that question? Does that look like an airline operative to u? And does that look like a regular commercial flight?lol. Dude, these people do not travel like you and I! They got some serious cheddar and they demand (and get) V.I.P treatment, all the time! You just aint got no idea how most of the kids of ur Nigerian big-wigs live. Dude, trust me, if u did you and ur boys would be on the the streets of Nigeria, guns in hand, murking every rich man whom u run across!
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 21, 2010
ola olabiy:

why? what have i done?
I dont 'chat'. We're already chatting on NL. Which is cool wink

mikeansy:

bk/babe

where is the evidence that the lady holding the umbrella is a custom official and not some airline operative offering a standard service by the airline to all its customers. You know it could be a rainy day and the airline decides that it wants to usher all of its customers with an umbrella to the plane.

But I have a problem with Nigerian Police officers being used like some servants to immigrants no matter how highly placed they may be.
Thank you jare grin
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by bkbabe90(m): 11:04pm On Jul 21, 2010
mikeansy:

bk/babe

Ileke-IdI:

Thank you jare grin

I sense "brokeness" mixed with jealousy! lol
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 21, 2010
bk/babe90:

I sense "brokeness" mixed with jealousy! lol

Dude, I prolly got more money than you. . . . waka!
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by olaolabiy: 11:06pm On Jul 21, 2010
bk/babe90:

Umm, dude, are you seriously asking me that question? Does that look like an airline operative to u? And does that look like a regular commercial flight?lol. Dude, these people do not travel like you and I! They got some serious cheddar and they demand (and get) V.I.P treatment, all the time! You just aint got no idea how most of the kids of your Nigerian big-wigs live. Dude, trust me, if u did you and your boys would be on the the streets of Nigeria, guns in hand, murking every rich man whom u run across!

i have informed people about this fact on this forum before.
if nigerians actually know how children of their leaders (past and present) live abroad, they would all take gamoline 20 and die!
incredible wealth! thay have stolen Godliness out of that country.
trust me.
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by olaolabiy: 11:07pm On Jul 21, 2010
com'on ileke idi.
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by bkbabe90(m): 11:12pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Dude, I prolly got more money than you. . . . waka!

Not even if u lived to be 300 years old, saved up every single penny u ever touched, and never got taxed: AND THATS ALL JOKES ASIDE!!! U crazy!? angry
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by olaolabiy: 11:15pm On Jul 21, 2010
@bk
plz leave ileke-idi alone.
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 21, 2010
ola olabiy:

@bk
plz leave ileke-idi alone.

dont mind him, He likes to make noise. grin

bk/babe90:

Not even if u lived to be 300 years old, saved up every single penny u ever touched, and never got taxed: AND THATS ALL JOKES ASIDE!!! U crazy!? angry
okay, Donald Trump
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 21, 2010
But I have a problem with Nigerian Police officers being used like some servants to immigrants no matter how highly placed they may be
this is exactly where i wanted you to address and not relating it to nigeria as a failed country.it may interest you to know that these policemen would still do sort even if they earn millions cry cry cry cry
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by bkbabe90(m): 11:20pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

dont mind him,  He likes to make noise.  grin

okay, Donald Trump

Oh, I like to make noise? See, babe, u always wanna diss then hate to accept the trashing that comes with it! I never compared figures; u called me out on that one! And, where I'm from all call outs is mandatory!
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 21, 2010
bk/babe90:

Oh, I like to make noise? See, babe, u always wanna diss then hate to the trashing that comes with it! I never compared figures; u called me out on that one! And, where I'm from all call outs is mandatory!
Ehrrm nobody is dissing you. undecided

You're extra sensitive.

And ofcourse, even Becommrich claims to know Goodluck J personally, so no problem. This is the internet
Re: This Sight Of This Pics Was Too Much For Me To Take by Fhemmmy: 11:23pm On Jul 21, 2010
Whoever pay the bills dictates or rules

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News: Sikiru Ayinde Barrister Is Dead. / It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria / 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.