Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,585 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians (10010 Views)

Kano Deports 60,000 Beggars To Four States, Other Countries / Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees / South Africa Deports Foreigners. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Nobody: 1:53am On Jul 22, 2010
The friendship that existed between Nigeria and South Africa seems to have been thawed as the country which has remained a major trading partner and regional ally deported 47 Nigerians yesterday.

According to Nigeria Immigration Service sources, the deportees made up of 46 males and one female were disembarked at the cargo terminal of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos from a chartered flight from Johannesburg.

After waiting for sometime, the deportees were allowed to leave the airport to their homes or other destinations within Nigeria.  Some of the deportees who spoke with newsmen said the South African

Authority has become antagonistic to Africans residing in that country and became very hostile with a regime of clampdowns and harassment.

The South Africa Authority they said was more hostile to African immigrants from Nigeria. The deportees noted that this attitude took a more aggressive tone immediately after the World Cup tournament, which was the first to be hosted by any African country.

“South Africans have always been hostile to Africans that live in their country while they fear the white people.

It is worse with us Nigerians who they believe take their jobs away, so they have been harassing us for many years now and after the World Cup they started harassing us again and now they have deported us. I left everything I have laboured for years there,” one of the deportees who refused to give his name said.

The deportee also said that they were treated like common criminals.

Two weeks ago there was report that a young Nigerian lady that lived and was studying in South Africa and returned to Nigeria to attend a wedding.

As she landed in Johannesburg she was stopped by Immigration at the airport and put on the next plane back to Nigeria.

The lady cried through the six hours flight to Lagos because she was a medical student in one of the universities in South Africa and she was to start her exams in the next two days before she was forced back to Nigeria.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jul/21/222.html
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by TewMuch: 1:57am On Jul 22, 2010
Let them keep returning them back and disgracing them all over.Very good, they should sit at home and confront these useless leaders.Rather than running around the world to enjoy comforts that should be accessible to them at home.Frustration may force them to finally demand that the government does something.
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Nobody: 2:02am On Jul 22, 2010
Some of the deportees who spoke with newsmen said the South African

Authority has become antagonistic to Africans residing in that country and became very hostile with a regime of clampdowns and harassment. angry angry angry

The South Africa Authority they said was more hostile to African immigrants from Nigeria angry angry. The deportees noted that this attitude took a more aggressive tone immediately after the World Cup tournament, which was the first to be hosted by any African country.

“South Africans have always been hostile to Africans that live in their country while they fear the white people.

It is worse with us Nigerians who they believe take their jobs away, so they have been harassing us for many years now and after the World Cup they started harassing us again and now they have deported us
why would anybody want to live in this kind of environment on the first instance
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Nobody: 2:07am On Jul 22, 2010
~Bluetooth:
why would anybody want to live in this kind of environment on the first instance

For business I think. And for some big ikebe

TewMuch:

Let them keep returning them back and disgracing them all over.Very good, they should sit at home and confront these useless leaders.Rather than running around the world to enjoy comforts that should be accessible to them at home.Frustration may force them to finally demand that the government does something.
ROTFLMAO! grin
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by jude33084(m): 2:11am On Jul 22, 2010
I dont believe the story that they gave cool
Nigerians are nusians everywhere they go sad
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Nobody: 2:15am On Jul 22, 2010
nusians
rotflmao grin grin
FL Gators:

For business I think. And for some big ikebe

ROTFLMAO! grin

you mean people travel all the way to southy cuz of bakasi.that is serious shocked shocked
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Nobody: 2:16am On Jul 22, 2010
~Bluetooth:

rotflmao grin grin
grin grin grin

~Bluetooth:

you mean people travel all the way to southy cuz of bakasi.that is serious shocked shocked
I tell you, Nigerian men are sth else.
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by tpiah: 2:19am On Jul 22, 2010
jude33084:

I dont believe the story that they gave cool
Nigerians are nusians everywhere they go sad

you probably have a load of women swooning over you and getting even more turned on by your fancy accent and spelling.
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Nobody: 2:23am On Jul 22, 2010
LOL That was a fast ban.

Anywaz, back to business.

@topic

This is a shame. Congo deports us, Liberia deports us, SA deports us, Europe and America deports us. Even Haiti is thinking about it
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Nobody: 2:24am On Jul 22, 2010
tpiah:

you probably have a load of women swooning over you and getting even more turned on by your fancy accent and spelling.
grin grin grin
FL Gators:

grin grin grin

I tell you, Nigerian men are sth else.
it may be possible but just few cuz i see no reason going to sokoto when what you are looking for is in your sokoto{pocket} cheesy
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Rastamann: 2:39am On Jul 22, 2010
I dont believe the story that they gave
Nigerians are nusians everywhere they go

This is not true. Crimes are committed by citizens of all countries but most crimes committed by any black man is unnecessarily and jealously linked to Nigeria. Nigerian passports is free for all, so we cannot blame them for this linking.

Nigeria should also start deporting their own people in Nigeria. Nigeria leaders should try and do things right and Nigerians will stop running around the whole world.
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Nobody: 2:44am On Jul 22, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

LOL That was a fast ban.

Anywaz, back to business.

@topic

This is a shame. Congo deports us, Liberia deports us, SA deports us, Europe and America deports us. Even Haiti is thinking about it
while all these are happening,we are here doing big brother to these people.see what big brother(ism} can cause.maybe we should retaliate to send them a strong warning angry angry angry
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Nobody: 2:47am On Jul 22, 2010
~Bluetooth:

while all these are happening,we are here doing big brother to these people.see what big brother(ism} can cause.maybe we should retaliate to send them a strong warning angry angry angry
LOL Nigerians are generally nice ppl. They just dont understand us.

I feel sorry for that medical student chick. 2 more days to her exam. . . . to her life as a doctor, prolly.
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Nobody: 2:55am On Jul 22, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

LOL Nigerians are generally nice ppl. They just dont understand us.

I feel sorry for that medical student chick. 2 more days to her exam. . . . to her life as a doctor, prolly.
they understand us,i think they are only being intimidated by nigeria herself.it's a natural thing but their to feel threatened by a larger country but their repraisal attacks while nothing is done by nigeria government is frustrating
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by kenuoyibo(m): 3:40am On Jul 22, 2010
@ tewmuch, that's an unfair comment to make. what will you say about the lady that was deported when she has 2 days to her exam some people need to travel abroad to bring innovation into this country. for instance, if people dont travel abroad, how will internet come to nigeria? u need to withdraw that statement.
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by THEAMAKA(f): 3:42am On Jul 22, 2010
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by ziga: 5:24am On Jul 22, 2010
Lets face facts. . .

If they were truly living in SA illegally, then there is nothing to complain about.

But if the deportees were living legally in SA, then Naija should not take it sitting down.

Rules are rules. . . whether we like it or not, to be in SA still requires a visa.
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Nobody: 5:26am On Jul 22, 2010
ziga:

Lets face facts. . .

If they were truly living in SA illegally, then there is nothing to complain about.

But if the deportees were living legally in SA, then Naija should not take it sitting down.

Rules are rules. . . whether we like it or not, to be in SA still requires a visa.

Are you saying that the medical student that was still schooling and expecting to take an exam was there illegally?
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by waggzy(m): 7:04am On Jul 22, 2010
I really felt for the Medical stundent, but sincerely speaking naijas are great anywhere they found themslf is not all that are bad.i think act of jeolus is 1 of the reasons , i was in SOUTH AFRICA myself i saw what their man are doing lazy things i called them.naija guys GBOSAAA 4 U JOOO.
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Skywalker5(m): 7:14am On Jul 22, 2010
Nigerian govt are nothing but stupid fools and bastards. Al these shit countries embarrass ,abuse and deport our people without cause. why? because they know the dumb bastards call Nigerian government would not do anything.
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by chuqudy(m): 7:18am On Jul 22, 2010
Those alaes that were looking for bluer pastures in south africa has been deported? It is a pity.
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by dondada1(m): 7:34am On Jul 22, 2010
I happen to live and work in south Africa, and man I have not been treated badly at all, what these guys do here is soo disgracing and appauling, No be by force to travel, I think if you dont have something doing work or school. GO BACK HOME, its as simple as that. these guys especially the Drug dealers standing outside every street In a bloody cold winter, most of them cant even afford a good days meal, why not go back to Naija and at least let family and friends help you.

The worst of all is most of them cannot go back to Nigeria because, its either they sold their family house or land to send them abroad and they cant face the shame or they ran during the time of bakkasi boys, I for one believe and accept the deportation. lets stop begging for bread outside and go back home and bake ours.
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Crescentd(m): 7:55am On Jul 22, 2010
dondada1:

I happen to live and work in south Africa, and man I have not been treated badly at all, what these guys do here is soo disgracing and appauling, No be by force to travel, I think if you dont have something doing work or school. GO BACK HOME, its as simple as that. these guys especially the Drug dealers standing outside every street In a bloody cold winter, most of them cant even afford a good days meal, why not go back to Naija and at least let family and friends help you.

The worst of all is most of them cannot go back to Nigeria because, its either they sold their family house or land to send them abroad and they cant face the shame or they ran during the time of bakkasi boys, I for one believe and accept the deportation. lets stop begging for bread outside and go back home and bake ours.

I have been working and living is SA for some years too and I agree fully with you.
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by frankdrek(m): 8:19am On Jul 22, 2010
Its a Small World. To my Folks in SA, well remember What u are enjoying today as a new SA Is as a result of the presence of the [b]white [/b]immigrants who came turtured you people and decides to settle and rebuild. if it was by your hand, In no way can you be beter compared to Nigeria TODAY. Because we WERE WATCHING UR STRUGGLE and in some little way surported in your fight for freedom, and we knew whn you got out of it, and by estimate, ur class could be compared to countries like congo, and so on. but The immigrants(WHITE) Helped u to rebuild.
Nigeria today is a great country rich and bless wit various resources including human an anything you can think of. at least we can boast of one of the richest man in the world(first 20) we got some of the best educated, we fall in first 10 highest oil producing countries in the world, all this SA HAVE NO ROOM OR SLOT TO COMPETE WIT US, we are not lazy we are hard working and talented, The only big problem we face here is corruption. Our leaders are currupt, and ones the are on top the seams to either block or slow individuals who are ready to work and make some difference positive for the economic growth. And this force them Abroad! ie.looking for a place more friendly and flexible to explore their various intellectual acumen.
SA YOU GOT TO BE CAREFUL! in this your ill-fated act cos if it is not STOPPED NOW, AND U ALLOW IT TO KEEP growing, I bet u its may result to a pay back , as NIGERIANS WILL ONE DAY BE SUCCESSFUL, and we shall not only wipe u out wit snakes but wit scorpions.
Its a shame, so painful as a legal student deported from SA. We shall one day deport your SA ambassador to Nigeria.
DEREK.
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by matiltomd(f): 8:23am On Jul 22, 2010
I have a cousin who was in SA for a coupla years;met a dude (a low profile juju artiste) and they got married(she's not been doing anything over there). She was almost deported about 2years back so she had to dash back home with her hubby. Her mum called me last month that she'd hustled back to SA to go meet the dude still with no reasonable job,no degree,no vocational skill,she can't even do back-up singing for the dude and i heard she just gave birth to their 2nd child last week,   The guy's been screaming to us that he's tired and he wants her back in Nigeria,  (Silly dude,but he get time give am 2nd belle)
I do wish she was deported honestly and I'm not being mean,  I still believe there are so many untapped opportunities in Nigeria except you're just plain lazy!
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by anitabest(f): 8:32am On Jul 22, 2010
[quote][/quote]
I tire my brother.
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by dustydee: 8:46am On Jul 22, 2010
SA please keep deporting those illegal immigrants.As for the legitimate ones, let them be.
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by izby(m): 8:55am On Jul 22, 2010
Our hungry traditional leaders are the cause of today suffering in nigeria, they nominate criminal as their candidate for political power because of money.Election is approaching i can see some hungry traditional ruler again claying hands to criminal for political position.
God help Nigeria,
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by goofy124: 9:02am On Jul 22, 2010
it's very good that way let them deport them back home the white man can not repair our nation for us pls let move Naija forward if u run and i run 2 how want to stay at home return them back pls.
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Kx: 9:07am On Jul 22, 2010
sad
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Smi1(m): 9:16am On Jul 22, 2010
Plain jealousy !! embarassed
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by tkb417(m): 9:20am On Jul 22, 2010
is this news?

dont we deport people here too?

when miscreants travel and they get caught; they get deported

This is no news to me

even Chad will deport u if u dont have papers to live legally in Niamey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! / First Bank Director Laundered Fund For Diezani – EFCC / Sanwo-olu Is The Best For Lagos - Babatunde Raji Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.