Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,597 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ (14093 Views)

Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% / Castro Ezama: 60% Of Girls In Secondary Schools In Cross River Are Not Virgins / Best Websites In Nigeria To Download Undergraduate Projects In Pdf And Doc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by ikorodureporta: 7:08am On Nov 09, 2018
When they'l always ask u for ref to yr write-up
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by Robbin7(m): 7:09am On Nov 09, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
who get time to research project. mtcheww. na dustbin your binded project go end last last. a country with no respect for intellectual property
Correct. The university is supposed to be a research institute when problems prevalent in the country as supposed to be addressed and solutions a provided in form of projects, seminars and others but here in Nigeria, the projects are heaped in dustbins.
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by ishowdotgmail(m): 7:10am On Nov 09, 2018
Of what use us the project book aftermath? No be to dumb for dustbin
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by Dannjay(m): 7:10am On Nov 09, 2018
When there are no laboratories to carry out the research work, what do you expect? It is only in Nigeria a student pays for his lab dues and still goes outside the school to carry out lab tests,,,fraud is at its peak in Nigerian universities
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by contigiency(m): 7:11am On Nov 09, 2018
It's far more than that. it will be up to 90%.
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by canalily(m): 7:11am On Nov 09, 2018
as their faces shine and glitter, so are all with different ideaology academically. "the students"
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by agabaI23(m): 7:13am On Nov 09, 2018
Dbboy:
Were is your proof daily trust bring it or remain silent, people should know that you dont just wake up and start generalising or saying unsubstantiated nonsense without proof, next we would hear one foreign media quoting this rubbish and insulting nigerian student.
Calm down. it is often not the falt of the student because there is not structure on ground to help students learn how to write. Some students actually go to other schools to pick up finished project topics which they present to their supervisors. On approval, they go back to dub it word for word. I know of a particular case.
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by ArlinAddington: 7:13am On Nov 09, 2018
Nigerian graduates that have never heard of turnitin will say foreign graduates have it easy academically. 60% seems very low BTW and I reckon the true percentage is in the 90s bar foreign Nigerian universities and some private universities.

1 Like

Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by agabaI23(m): 7:14am On Nov 09, 2018
Giddyprance:
Why would anyone waste all his time writing a project for a useless degree that guarantees you nothing on the outside. Gone are the days when undergraduate projects receive funding for implementation or are used for relevant external projects. Why pesin no go plagiarize na
This kind of thinking is the problem with Nigeria.
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by greenguy: 7:14am On Nov 09, 2018
Wrong!

It's actually 98% at undergraduate level, 92% at Masters level and 88% at PhD level.
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by Isobug: 7:15am On Nov 09, 2018
He is saying 60% but I say 90%.

Because even when you bring up a fresh a topic, those mumu lecturers would not approve it, they would want a topic that would follow the bandwagon.
This is sad because research helps students than just copying
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by Iamgrey5(m): 7:16am On Nov 09, 2018
i selected my topic when writing my own final project

Nigerian universities should use this website to counter plagiarism

https://www.turnitin.com
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by israelmao(m): 7:19am On Nov 09, 2018
Copy and paste projects or thesis are what we have today even with all the technology.A trip to Nigerian National Libraries will shock you and tell you about poor interest of government in educating its citizens.No new books to lay your hand on only dusty old books are available and the same scenario runs through most of the public universities.
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by udemzyudex(m): 7:20am On Nov 09, 2018
nurex01:
Students plagiarized it because most of the project topics in Nigeria is just useless.

Blame the lecturers too.
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by sanandreas(m): 7:21am On Nov 09, 2018
Not all schools though. My institution run plagiarism check.
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by daiksworld: 7:21am On Nov 09, 2018
It's called garbage in garbage out. You can't give what you don't have. You expect a student who's been learning under poor condition to finally develop projects to solve modern contemporary issues, When he has been learning under the worst kind of condition. Abeg park well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by FreemanUYB(m): 7:22am On Nov 09, 2018
It keeps us moving....

A country founded on lies needs lies to sustain it

Education founded with plagiarism
Needs plagiarism to sustain it...

That's all!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:22am On Nov 09, 2018
tsephanyah:
Fake country, Fake education, Fake Citizens. What do you expect from this much fake prof
its hard to find a woman this intelligent.i doubt it's a female behind this moniker. Did you study philosophy
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by mployer(m): 7:31am On Nov 09, 2018
My project was 80% original cheesy

Yes, I borrowed some ideas from old projects.

It's is a fabrication project and that particular equipment has never been produced in the school.

The equipment got missing even before I finished my clearance cry
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by Baselm: 7:33am On Nov 09, 2018
I graduated from FUTMINNA in 2014, and turnitin has been in use then and still in use now. someone also mentioned UNN on an earlier comment and I know quite a number of universities have been using anti plagiarism softwares and other measures. As Nigerians we find it easier to paint ourselves in bad light, we enjoy complaining about everyone and everything with no one providing solutions. When someone is trying to make a change about things we complained about, we will badmouth the change and prefer to badly generalize everything.

Plagiarism is reducing in some Nigerian Universities, take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by mechanics(m): 7:36am On Nov 09, 2018
nurex01:
Students plagiarized it because most of the project topics in Nigeria is just useless.
The topics are not useless o, just say the topics are difficult to research upon.
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by jimts(m): 7:43am On Nov 09, 2018
As a mechanical engineering undergraduate, when I wanted to do my own project back then in ABU Zaria, I scanned all the project topics in my departmental library to be sure that the topic I had in mind has not been worked on.

After that, I started the project, built a model and added so many features that the actual project writeup was only about 30% of the work I did physically.

On the defense day, there were two separate panels, each panel sent someone to come whisper to me that I should come and do my presentation with them.

After defense, they took my project and put it in general school library museum. Till date, people call me to ask questions about it but no one has been bold enough to attempt doing something similar, let alone plagiarize my work.

And for those who see doubt in everything people say, use this link as a consolation biko

https://m.facebook.com/NaijaCarGuru/photos/pcb.520961354954180/520960868287562/?type=3&source=49

1 Like

Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by larrygal(f): 7:43am On Nov 09, 2018
100% , 60 is an understatement
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by tsephanyah(f): 7:43am On Nov 09, 2018
VeeVeeMyLuv:
its hard to find a woman this intelligent.i doubt it's a female behind this moniker. Did you study philosophy
Patience Jonathan is very intelligent, guess what?
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 09, 2018
I totally agree. A project in say, UNN is gotten by a student in LASU and it is copied word-for-word.
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by cardoctor(m): 7:45am On Nov 09, 2018
Why suffer to write a project when u can copy and paste.
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by Mayorid(m): 7:52am On Nov 09, 2018
Absolutely true... I would even it 100% sef.. When the project we are writing sef is as useless as anything... Most of us just write it for the grades and not for anything so important. So, why waste your precious time on useless....
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by abrahamadadhe(m): 7:59am On Nov 09, 2018
Oga are you mad
People that have graduated � over the years past
Have they gotten work?

Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by rhektor(m): 8:06am On Nov 09, 2018
inkon:
So sad!

It is to save students from such academic embarrassment that we assembled a team of professionals to specifically offer academic assistance to students. Nigerians are hardworking but the system is making it exceedingly difficult for students to stay on a par with their international counterparts.

FOR ACADEMIC PAPERS: CLICK HERE TO REACH US ON WHATSAPP

You write it they present it as their work because you've been paid for your write up isn't this a high level plagiarism?

1 Like

Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by okenwaa(m): 8:18am On Nov 09, 2018
Very wrong.

It's 98.5%.

Who wan waste time on top nonsense wey no fit guarantee job 4 u.
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by KENFERDYOORI(m): 8:35am On Nov 09, 2018
No more creativity and ingenuity. Intellectual dishonesty everywhere. I remember the rigours we passed through while writing thesis in those days. Students just have to be original... it pays!
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ by mooretes: 8:37am On Nov 09, 2018
inkon:
So sad!

It is to save students from such academic embarrassment that we assembled a team of professionals to specifically offer academic assistance to students. Nigerians are hardworking but the system is making it exceedingly difficult for students to stay on a par with their international counterparts.

FOR ACADEMIC PAPERS: CLICK HERE TO REACH US ON WHATSAPP

And the definition of plagiarism is?

this type of thing should be stopped - I'm sorry but it is not the students work - the idea of an assignment, essay or dissertation is for the person to do it by themself - if it is contracted to someone else then it becomes your intellectual property. It is common in the UK too, turnutin or any other plagiarism software doesn't really detect that someone else wrote the essay on behalf of the student, however as lecturers/tutors we are aware that this is happening - just Google and you will see loads of adverts just like yours looking for academic writers to help students with things like this. It is a shame

it is dishonest should a student turn such essay in

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 People You Won’t Believe Actually Exist. You Have To See This / Lead City University Ibadan. / ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.