Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,582 members, 7,958,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:17 AM

A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} (120066 Views)

The Sugar Mum (the Steamy Version) / Maria: The Sequel / The Sugar Mum [An Inspirational Story of Love] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by LoveToRead: 8:33am On Dec 08, 2018
That weekend too was more of a routine. But I was glad to have Enny around. On Sunday evening, around six p.m., I received a call from Madam B.

'Are you very busy, or can you come to the house?' She asked. I knew that by 'the house', she meant her house.

'I can come to the house, ma'am.'

'Good. See you.'

That meant something must be in the offing again. I tried to recollect her tone. She had sounded relaxed.

'Madam says I should come over to her house,’ I told Enny.

'What's the development? I hope she's not planning to get you arrested.'

I grinned. 'I don't think so. If she wants to arrest me, she knows where I live.'

I went to give Enny a peck. 'I'll be alright,' I reassured, picking the car key and driving out of the compound. I drove to Magodo GRA, trying to
make my mind blank. As it was Sunday evening, it took me a few minutes to get there. I drove inside the compound and parked the car.
Immediately I stepped inside the magnificent building, the house maid informed me that madam was waiting for me in her room upstairs. I met
Sophia on my way up the stairs.

‘Uncle Alex, it’s quite an age,’ she said as a way of greeting.

‘Sophia, how’re you?

‘I’m cool.’

‘I came to see mummy.’

‘Yeah. She’s in her room.’

I went to madam’s room and knocked gently. ‘Yes, come in,’ she said from within the room.

I turned the knob and went inside. She was sitting by the table that had a desktop and a laptop.

‘Good evening, mummy,’ I greeted.

‘Good morning Alex.’ She motioned me to a chair not far from her. I thanked her and took the seat. She faced me squarely. ‘How’s your wife?’
she asked.

‘Oh, she’s fine, ma.’

She nodded. ‘What have you been doing with yourself?’

I grinned briefly. ‘I’ve been trying to write a book, ma’am. A fiction.’

She nodded again. ‘That’s good. What’s the title?’

‘I’ve not really concluded on that, but I’m thinking of ‘Victims of Passion.’’

She looked at me curiously. ‘Who are the victims of passion?’

‘The protagonist and some other main characters. I’m still developing the storyline.’

She sighed. ‘How did your wife take the news of you impregnating another lady?’

I blinked rapidly. I never thought she would ask that question. ‘I’ve not told her, ma.’

She raised an eyebrow. ‘So, when d’you intend to tell her?’

‘Soon, ma’am. Very soon.’

‘The earlier you tell her, the better. She will definitely fight you over the matter.’

I nodded. I found nothing to say there.

For full reading, visit: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/a_fatal_love_sequel_to_the_sugar_mum/23963

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Ann2012(f): 8:46am On Dec 08, 2018
Madam B is definitely out for Alex
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by FairCritic(m): 12:24pm On Dec 08, 2018
I don't understand why Alex is stalling. The earlier he tells his wife, the better for everyone.
Good work, op.

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by skubido(m): 7:23pm On Dec 08, 2018
Tanks for the update

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by aprilwise(m): 8:43pm On Dec 08, 2018
FairCritic:
I don't understand why Alex is stalling. The earlier he tells his wife, the better for everyone.
Good work, op.
It not easy as you think. Although the earlier the better

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by boomssey(f): 9:57pm On Dec 08, 2018
Hmmmn! Not dat easy but d milk has already been spilled

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by LoveToRead: 6:15am On Dec 09, 2018
She sighed. ‘How did your wife take the news of you impregnating another lady?’

I blinked rapidly. I never thought she would ask that question. ‘I’ve not told her, ma.’

She raised an eyebrow. ‘So, when d’you intend to tell her?’

‘Soon, ma’am. Very soon.’

‘The earlier you tell her, the better. She will definitely fight you over the matter.’

I nodded. I found nothing to say there.

‘Did you see my action as harsh?’

Again, I wasn’t expecting that. I shook my head. ‘Not exactly, ma. I think I deserve whatever punishment came my way, on this matter.’

‘Did you love Enny?’

Once again, I was surprised by Madam B’s question. ‘Yes, ma. I do love her.’

‘Just slightly or much?’

‘Much, ma. Very much, ma.’

‘So, why did you go ahead and impregnate another lady?’ The question was like a bash. But why was she asking all these questions?

She was studying my countenance. ‘I … I like Steph too, ma.’

She looked at me sternly. ‘If every man should impregnate the ladies they like, the world will be full of unwanted babies.’

I looked down. I was beginning to feel uncomfortable.

‘Did you meet her as a virgin?’

I nodded. ‘Yes, ma.’

She suddenly shrugged. ‘Well, what had been done had been done. My problem is she’s obsessed with marrying you.’

I looked at her briefly and looked away.

‘Don’t tell me you’re not aware of it.’

‘I’m aware, mummy.’

‘So, what’re you going to do about it?’

I was silent. I had no answer to that.

‘On one hand, I am angry with you for not controlling your libido. On another hand, I feel happy to be a grandmother. Are you still planning to
have another child by Stephanie?’

‘No, ma’am, I don’t think so.’

‘You don’t think so? What an answer!’

I was silent again.

‘You really have to pray that this incident will not wreck your marriage.’

I nodded.

‘Would you have wished to marry Steph?’

I nodded. ‘If Enny is not there, I would have wished to marry Steph.’

‘And what if her mother says no?’

I smiled. ‘I will try to convince her mother, ma.’

‘And if her mother still says no?’

‘I will ask Steph if she really wants me. If her answer is yes, then I will go ahead and marry her, no matter what her mother will say or do.’

She looked at me sharply. ‘You don’t mean that, Alex.’

‘I mean it ma,’ I replied assertively, ‘If not for Enny, I will go ahead and marry Steph and damn the consequence.’

She suddenly smiled. ‘What can you do to make her stop loving you?’

I blinked rapidly. ‘I don’t know ma.’

‘It’s not too good that she should keep having those feelings for you. I mean, for God’s sake you’re married.’

I nodded. ‘I’m sorry, I don’t know what to do.’

For full and complete reading: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/a_fatal_love_sequel_to_the_sugar_mum/23963

2 Likes

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by skubido(m): 7:00am On Dec 09, 2018
U never knw anything,,

pity enny

Tanks for the update

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 09, 2018
Enny will soon pack out of your house undecided pray she don't find out herself

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Ann2012(f): 8:55am On Dec 09, 2018
Hmmmmm, Alex won't know what hit him by the time everything comes crashing

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by boomssey(f): 2:40pm On Dec 09, 2018
Hmmmn-hmmmn!

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Remite011(m): 1:07am On Dec 10, 2018
LoveToRead:
My dear friends, you are all invited

Ann2012
LightQueen
Ibizgirl
Dambiz
eaddyboy
boomssey
DebTen
rukidanty
Tunsboy17
rachealfst
Remite011
Stainlink
Isreallione
chumzypinky
authorsegun
Pinkberry
Donzaggy
cosmopolitan
Fazemmood
CaZmir
excelmerry
MrsEvakingz
aprilwise
Ayo5991
McEphiks
oluwatosin07
oyinella
Damno2008

And so many other numerous friends I could not mention. Please forgive me for the oversight.

Synopsis on A Fatal Love
Alex has a good job and a good wife. Everything looks great, but a secret thing he has done in the past with Steph, the daughter of his employer disturbs and troubles him.
Alex gets suspended from work. His loving wife parks out of his house. At the peak of these troubles, he meets Lara, an old friend back in their National Youth Service year. Alex falls into the passionate snares of Lara, and gets choked up.
Steph and her friends must teach Alex a 'lesson'. He finds himself struggling to survive a terrible affliction. He has been found guilty of 'fatal love' and is at the point of death.
This is the concluding part of 'The Sugar Mum'. It is a gripping, fascinating story that must not be missed.

Available on: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/a_fatal_love_sequel_to_the_sugar_mum/23963

sorry for coming late bro, I hope say I still get seat sha
now following bumper to bumper till d end

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by LoveToRead: 2:32am On Dec 10, 2018
Remite011:

sorry for coming late bro, I hope say I still get seat sha now following bumper to bumper till d end

You are welcome

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by CaZmir: 1:40pm On Dec 10, 2018
grin
Madam B to Steph "He's already thinking of marrying you"

3 Likes

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by izaray(f): 4:37pm On Dec 10, 2018
CaZmir:
grin

Correct cheesy
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by CaZmir: 4:51pm On Dec 10, 2018
cheesy
izaray:
Correct cheesy
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Winnairaking100: 6:08pm On Dec 10, 2018
Thanks bro for it
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Winnairaking100: 6:08pm On Dec 10, 2018
Nice story

2 Likes

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by LoveToRead: 3:10am On Dec 11, 2018
Winnairaking100:
Nice story

Thank you

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by FairCritic(m): 9:43am On Dec 11, 2018
CaZmir:
grin

Very funny.
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by povicky1(m): 12:10pm On Dec 11, 2018
Nice story. Continue.......

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by benpuzzy(m): 10:09pm On Dec 11, 2018
Hmmmm, i no even know wetin i wan write.
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by LoveToRead: 6:01am On Dec 12, 2018
She appeared to be in pensive mood, then she sighed. ‘Well, I suppose she’ll somehow realize that you’re married and that she should move on with her life.’

‘I hope she’ll realize that too.’ Then, a question came to my mind. ‘Can I ask you something, ma?’

‘I know what you want to ask me.’

‘How could you tell? I’ve not even asked it.’

‘You wanted to ask when I knew about the pregnancy, and why I didn’t react all these while.’

I opened my mouth in astonishment. ‘Exactly. You guessed tight, ma!’

‘I won’t answer that question.’

‘But why? It’s a harmless question, isn’t it?’

‘Harmless or not, I won’t answer it.’

I sighed in exasperation.

‘Now, back to the main issue. Let me advise you to drop any idea about marrying Steph. You’re married, focus on your wife and forget
about Steph.’

I nodded but did not say a word.

'The mistake you and Steph made remains indelible. However you must avoid making any more mistake. Love your wife and forget about
my daughter. No one is denying the fact that you are the father of her son. But that is all. No more secret love or secret affair. She is still
young and naive. That's why she is urging you to come over to America to join her.'

She stopped to gauge my reaction. I was surprised she knew about Steph’s prodding, and it showed on my face.

She sighed deeply. 'Thank you for your time. I called you to seriously advise you to stop further secret affair with Steph. That affair will not get you anywhere, so stop it. Have a nice day.'

I gave a deep bow. 'Thank you very much, ma, for your advice and wise counsel. I will pray to God to help me, ma. I will do my best to be a faithful husband.' I stood up. 'Thank you, ma and good night.'

'Goodnight, my regards to your wife.'

'Alright, ma.'

I left her room and went downstairs. I kicked the engine of my car into life and drove out of the house. So, madam had called me over to
her house just to advise that I should stop further secret affair with Steph and that I should bury the idea of thinking of marrying her! I whistled to myself. Madam B was right. Very right.

I drove home, thinking about all madam had said. I believed it was high time I withdrew whatever affection I had for Steph. I must
appreciate madam for her kindness and understanding. Still going ahead with any love plan with Steph would not augur well for me. It certainly looked like I was talking advantage of her seeming innocence.

But my main concern was how to break the news of the baby to Enny, my wife. She would certainly be disappointed in me and I dreaded to see how she would react.

The clock on the dashboard of the car revealed the time to be few minutes to eight when I got back home. The television was on in the sitting room, but only Deola was there.

'Welcome, uncle,' she greeted.

'Yeah, how d"you do?'

'Fine.'

Enny must be in the bedroom. I went straight there. She sat, or rather, huddled, on the bed. A look at her face showed that something
grievous had happened. I stopped short.

For full reading, visit: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/a_fatal_love_sequel_to_the_sugar_mum/23963

2 Likes

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Fazemood(m): 7:50am On Dec 12, 2018
shocked
Daadaa Daadaaan! Huncle Halex, you wah hin big turobuu. Wahala dey.
I just hope that I am wrong sadl
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Remite011(m): 8:15am On Dec 12, 2018
I pray Alex just inform his wife about everything before his wife finds out herself. But all d same d lady will feel like a berieved wen she heard of it because she's yet to conceive her own
Alex don enter kasala be dat
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Ann2012(f): 8:25am On Dec 12, 2018
Hmmmm, what could have happened?

2 Likes

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Tonyspecial(m): 9:34am On Dec 12, 2018
Unpredictable
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by izaray(f): 12:05pm On Dec 12, 2018
Another wahala
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by skubido(m): 1:02pm On Dec 12, 2018
Oyana face ham,

Tanks for the update
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 12, 2018
She don know shocked

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by boomssey(f): 5:34pm On Dec 12, 2018
Seems she knows already what uv been hiding

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Make Me A Wife / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / The Handsome Devil I Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.