Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,244 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. (23499 Views)

Google Celebrates Amaka Igwe With Doodle (Photos) / Christy-essien Igbokwe: Remembering "Nigeria's Lady Of Songs" (1960 -2011) / Michael Essien Dated Princess Shyngle Who 99.9% Of Men Couldn't Satisfy Sexually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by nymphomaniac(m): 7:56am On Nov 11, 2018
nymphomaniac:
Google well done for remembering our heroes we in Nigeria forget
anyone with a link to her hit song seun rere? Cc naptu2

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by YorubaAssasin: 8:00am On Nov 11, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

Tribal bigot! Do you know she was married to an Igbo man?

Yet she never made any of her songs in 'igbo' lest, a single hit... grin

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by naptu2: 8:01am On Nov 11, 2018

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 11, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

You are a kid. Go figure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by AkpaMgbor(m): 8:04am On Nov 11, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

All these toddlers on nairaland..I bet you were not even conceived when she sang 'teta n'ụla'....a song she sang using the only Igbo Language from start to finish..I've taken note of this moniker..you're probably one of the many teenagers on this site causing a nuisance..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by USUKUMA(m): 8:05am On Nov 11, 2018
I'll always love you ma'am !!!!
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by YorubaAssasin: 8:07am On Nov 11, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

All these toddlers on nairaland..I bet you were not even conceived when she sang 'teta n'ụla'....

Was it a 'hit'? No meaningful or sensible Nigerian heard of that crap other than una pipu... grin

Let's talk abt real songs sang in correct language, abeg. cool
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by phoenix45(m): 8:11am On Nov 11, 2018
fashrola:

She's not an igbo woman, rather an indigene of Akwa Ibom

So akwaibom is no longer igbos ?

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Pidginwhisper: 8:12am On Nov 11, 2018
phoenix45:
Igbos wey no send their late music icons.
No shame.
its unfortunate the day I heard this lady song is the day she died.
Continue to rest in peace mummy Christy essien
She's not Igbo!
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by naptu2: 8:14am On Nov 11, 2018
From my playlist

1) Teta Nu Na Ula (1986)

2) Ka Anyi Gba Egwu (1981)

3) Seun Rere (1981)

4) Iya Mi Ranti (1986)

5) Hear The Call (1990).
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Dagenius94(m): 8:15am On Nov 11, 2018
grin[quote author=YorubaAssasin post=72863109] A great Akwa-Ibom lady that recognized the beauty and greatness of the Almighty Yoruba culture and language. cool

And y'all still wondering why the Yoruba language is informally the 'official' language of Nigeria? Go figure.

R.I.P ma'am... God bless the Yoruba pple!
Lol...Stop being tribalistic my friend. For the records, Christiana Igbokwe is from Anambra state married to an Akwa Ibomite.Stop saying what u don't know grin[quote author=YorubaAssasin post=72863109] A great Akwa-Ibom lady that recognized the beauty and greatness of the Almighty Yoruba culture and language. cool

And y'all still wondering why the Yoruba language is informally the 'official' language of Nigeria? Go figure.

R.I.P ma'am... God bless the Yoruba pple!
Lol...Stop being tribalistic my friend. For the records, Christiana Igbokwe is from Anambra state married to an Akwa Ibomite.Stop saying what u don't know
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Bridget95(f): 8:26am On Nov 11, 2018
YorubaAssasin:
A great Akwa-Ibom lady that recognized the beauty and greatness of the Almighty Yoruba culture and language. cool

R.I.P ma'am... God bless the Yoruba pple! cool
Hausas are claiming this unofficial language title too.you all should take a chill ,the language of the indirect owners of Nigeria Britain is the main language.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Chidonc(m): 8:27am On Nov 11, 2018
Maghan37:
Nice one but I hate to break it to you. Hausa is more of the official lang
abeg no tell am. make him dey mumu himself.
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by phoenix45(m): 8:27am On Nov 11, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
She's not Igbo!
so the Akwaibom where she was born is an illusion ? Google is lying right ?
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by hucienda: 8:27am On Nov 11, 2018
The lengendary Christy Essien Igbokwe.
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Pidginwhisper: 8:29am On Nov 11, 2018
phoenix45:

so the Akwaibom where she was born is an illusion ?
Google is lying right ?
So Akwaibom na igbo state?
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by phoenix45(m): 8:32am On Nov 11, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
So Akwaibom na igbo state?

Yes!
majority of akwaibom indigene speaks and understands Igbo language.

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Pidginwhisper: 8:33am On Nov 11, 2018
phoenix45:

Yes!
Christy speaks and Understands Yoruba language. Does that make her Yoruba?

2 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by oluxy(m): 8:37am On Nov 11, 2018
Thank you google for this beautiful gesture.
I have never heard of her but through google I have now. Thanks for celebrating one of the hero Nigeria as a country wouldnt celebrate.

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Philistine(m): 8:50am On Nov 11, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

Was it a 'hit'? No meaningful or sensible Nigerian heard of that crap other than una pipu... grin

Let's talk abt real songs sang in correct language, abeg. cool
Stop this rubbish for Christ sake. Kindly embrace wisdom. Haba!
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by YorubaEmir: 8:52am On Nov 11, 2018
phoenix45:

so the Akwaibom where she was born is an illusion ?
Google is lying right ?

Chai. This is not ignorance but stupidity.
I can't believe a Nigerian is saying this crap and an adult for that matter... Hahahahaha cheesy

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Sampalo: 8:54am On Nov 11, 2018
Thatitan234:
Her songs live on.

She's from Akwaibom, yet sang one of her best songs in yoruba language (Omo mi seun rere)

That's a testament to the great things we can achieve as ONE,
Good things happened before this norm of division and tribal sentiments.

The competition, rivalry and hatred between ethnic groups need to stop.
I honor your words.yiu you are blessed
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by YorubaEmir: 8:55am On Nov 11, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
Christy speaks and Understands Yoruba language. Does that make her Yoruba?

The guy won't answer because he wasn't blessed with common sense. When you call them zone B, e go de pain am
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by mrfizy(m): 9:02am On Nov 11, 2018
phoenix45:

Yes!

I can't believe someone said this.Well those that may speak or understand Igbo are boundary villages to Abia state,we are a distinct people from Igbo.
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Adewale1603(m): 9:20am On Nov 11, 2018
One of patriotic women Nigeria ever produced, another is Funmi Adams, What i liked about these women is their ability of speaking the different languages fluently, and in their songs. Legends can never be forgotten.

2 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by CDCEO001: 9:21am On Nov 11, 2018
Nice one from Google, but is only a Nigerian IP Adresses that can view it, not the whole world.
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by deolurexy1(m): 9:23am On Nov 11, 2018
Google restricted it to be seen in Africa
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by majamajic(m): 9:37am On Nov 11, 2018
Christy during her lifetime, she speaks about 20+ languages and understands about 64 languages.

Married to Igbo man from awka Anambra state,

She acted with Zebuludaya in the Masquerades , she played the role Ramota wife to Chief Jegede shokoya. (Yoruba couple in the movie ) yet none is from Yoruba, Jegede is from Igbo (abia state) while Ramota his wife is from Akwa ibom.

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by fashrola(m): 9:41am On Nov 11, 2018
phoenix45:

So akwaibom is no longer igbos ?

How is Akwa Ibom an Igbo tribe?
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by BrownRoofRep: 9:41am On Nov 11, 2018
YorubaAssasin:
A great Akwa-Ibom lady that recognized the beauty and greatness of the Almighty Yoruba culture and language. cool

R.I.P ma'am... God bless the Yoruba pple! cool
LOL you Anfonja people are attention seeking lunatics.
The woman was married to Igbo man.
She has been singing in Igbo before Afonj filty Language.

Umu Igbo Tetanu N'ura is her best song.

Guess whose language?
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by fashrola(m): 9:42am On Nov 11, 2018
phoenix45:

Yes!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Miracle Ikechukwu Igbokwe Enrols In Epic Flight Academy, Florida / FAAN Reacts To Aremu Afolayan’s Viral Airport Outburst / My Wife Doesn’t Allow Ladies Near Me – Oritse Femi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.