Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,742 members, 7,955,830 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:24 PM

Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. (23598 Views)

Google Celebrates Amaka Igwe With Doodle (Photos) / Christy-essien Igbokwe: Remembering "Nigeria's Lady Of Songs" (1960 -2011) / Michael Essien Dated Princess Shyngle Who 99.9% Of Men Couldn't Satisfy Sexually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by BrownRoofRep: 9:43am On Nov 11, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

You are a kid. Go figure.
Another Afonja empty head, Tetanu N'ula is her best song.
Guess the Language?
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 11, 2018
BrownRoofRep:
Another Afonja empty head, Tetanu N'ula is her best song. Guess the Language?

Don't mind the boy. Wake up from sleep - Igbo.
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 11, 2018
BrownRoofRep:
Another Afonja empty head, Tetanu N'ula is her best song. Guess the Language?

Don't mind the boy. Wake up from sleep - Igbo.
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Aderupoko2: 9:47am On Nov 11, 2018
My choicest pick are:
1. Kun si mi (1981)
2. Ka Anyi Gba Egwu (1981)
3. Seun Rare (1981).
4. I don't want to miss your appointment

Wonderful songs!
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by YorubaAssasin: 9:47am On Nov 11, 2018
BrownRoofRep:

LOL you Anfonja people are attention seeking lunatics.
The woman was married to Igbo man.
She has been singing in Igbo before Afonj filty Language.

Umu Igbo Tetanu N'ura is her best song.

Guess whose language?

Ignorance is indeed an epidemic disease within potor-potor republic. grin

2 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by omuo1(m): 10:10am On Nov 11, 2018
I wonder why Yoruba is not our lingual franca mama lives on RIP

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Baroba(m): 10:10am On Nov 11, 2018
phoenix45:
Igbos wey no send their late music icons.
No shame.
its unfortunate the day I heard this lady song is the day she died.
Continue to rest in peace mummy Christy essien

Why not celebrate her as a Nigerian, after all she sang in other Nigerian languages, let me educate your block head Christy is from Cross River, she married an Igbo man. Bigotted goat..
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by mrsheddy(m): 10:13am On Nov 11, 2018
Please I have been looking for where I will get this woman music especially"SEUN RERE" anyone with an info?

Will appreciate it.
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by rhames(m): 10:13am On Nov 11, 2018
GentleMoney:
Google Celebrates Late Nigerian Music Icon, Christy Essien-Igbokwe..

in ayears time, they will celebrate baba sala while Nigerian artiste will just ignore it as just another oyinbo man bs
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by yovo(m): 10:20am On Nov 11, 2018
sister Christy I also celebrate you oooo! rest in peace mama
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 11, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
"Ever. Liked My Person" was lit.

Indomie kids go rush go google now. cheesy

The live video of that remains one of my best till date.

Truly ahead of her times. A true artist unlike most of the new ones of today that are just trash.

2 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Nature8(m): 10:48am On Nov 11, 2018
Nice one
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Ambber(f): 11:25am On Nov 11, 2018
Thank you, Google
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by BrownRoofRep: 11:25am On Nov 11, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

Ignorance is indeed an epidemic disease within potor-potor republic. grin
Another ignorant afonja oblong head lunatic, are you lots aware that potopoto means swamp?
cheesy smiley
Afonja cone head calling Igbloand swamp.
smiley cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by IbrahimDamola: 11:33am On Nov 11, 2018
God bless the Igbo lady.

May she continue to rest in peace.

Igbo Amaka.
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by steve6: 12:19pm On Nov 11, 2018
Iyen na Nice !
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by nymphomaniac(m): 12:22pm On Nov 11, 2018
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by jclassiq(m): 12:40pm On Nov 11, 2018
fashrola:

She's not an igbo woman, rather an indigene of Akwa Ibom
she was married to an Igbo man till death
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by okwabayi(m): 12:45pm On Nov 11, 2018
I like this. I saw the face but didn’t care to scroll over the image.
It is Google Nigeria for a reason, their job is to celebrate all things Nigerian. I’m sure Google India is celebrating something similar as I type this.
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by daveP(m): 1:12pm On Nov 11, 2018
Missing the Lady of Songs. Nice one Google!!
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by pheely40: 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2018
Thanks Google for taking me along this memory lane. Though I was young then, I still remember the messages from her songs. Unlike now, indomie generation has taken over.
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by pheely40: 1:51pm On Nov 11, 2018
She played akpeno not Ramota.

majamajic:
Christy during her lifetime, she speaks about 20+ languages and understands about 64 languages.

Married to Igbo man from awka Anambra state,

She acted with Zebuludaya in the Masquerades , she played the role Ramota wife to Chief Jegede shokoya. (Yoruba couple in the movie ) yet none is from Yoruba, Jegede is from Igbo (abia state) while Ramota his wife is from Akwa ibom.
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by ahamonyeka(m): 1:58pm On Nov 11, 2018
psychologist:
Good one

However I celebrate buhari and Nigeria government
the potholes come even form map of Africa.
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 11, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

Yet she never made any of her songs in 'igbo' lest, a single hit... grin
She did. Google it indomie kid!
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Evercurious(f): 2:38pm On Nov 11, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
"Ever. Liked My Person" was lit.

Indomie kids go rush go google now. cheesy

That's my best from her.

RIP ma'am
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Kirinwa: 3:21pm On Nov 11, 2018
Hehehe. I seriously thought it was mothering day on Google.

Nice remembrance.

Was she not the one that sang Tetanu n'ura that year. Yet Nigerians are still in slumber.
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by majamajic(m): 5:05pm On Nov 11, 2018
pheely40:
She played akpeno not Ramota.

yes, something like that , pls can u differentiate for me between Ramota and Akpeno in the Masquerades. I think after Christy left, the next person that played that role changed to Ramota, .
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by naptu2: 5:24pm On Nov 11, 2018
majamajic:

yes, something like that , pls can u differentiate for me between Ramota and Akpeno in the Masquerades. I think after Christy left, the next person that played that role changed to Ramota, .

Christy Essien Igbokwe was Apena (Jegede's first wife).

naptu2:
shocked shocked shocked

YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT I JUST FOUND!

I had given up trying to find it!

I just found a clip of the original Masquerade! No, not New Masquerade, The Masquerade!

The Masquerade was shown in the late 1970s and early 1980s. It ended sometime around 1984 and was replaced with The New Masquerade.

The significant change was that Christy Essien Igbokwe, who played the role of Apena (Jegede's wife), left the show (in order to focus on her music career). In her place (in the New Masquerade), the producers created a new character called Ramota, who was Jegede's second wife.

Now I'm hopeful that I'll find the original Village Headmaster series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msr1sqQJHeQ

Veronica Njoku was Ramota (Jegede's second wife)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91haB2TfS-E

There were a few episodes that featured both Apena and Ramota.
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by WetinConsignMe: 5:36pm On Nov 11, 2018
naptu2:

Christy Essien Igbokwe was Apena (Jegede's first wife).

Veronica Njoku was Ramota (Jegede's second wife)

There were a few episodes that featured both Apena and Ramota.

Soooooo funny. They don't make 'em like that no mo
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by nnaamehn(m): 10:14pm On Nov 11, 2018
Wow, my mums favourite
A great woman

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Precious Okoye To Represent Nigeria At 2019 Miss Polo International In Dubai / Chidinma, Tiwa Savage, And Dr Sid Strike A Cute Pose Together (photo) / Tiwa Savage Mourns DJ Olu Abiodun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.