Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics (6770 Views)

Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) / Is This Why Ooni Of Ife Is Marrying Several Wives? / Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by smellingmenses: 3:56pm On Nov 11, 2018
Pictures don't lie!!

5 Likes

Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by smellingmenses: 3:58pm On Nov 11, 2018
No argument.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by smellingmenses: 4:10pm On Nov 11, 2018
Adesua... comment now
Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by countryfive: 4:18pm On Nov 11, 2018
Pride is evil, just because your privileged to have or occupy a sitting position doesn't make you better than everybody and just because Lagos was collectively chosen as Nigeria's capital ( years ago) which lead to the total concentration
Of great projects and investments from public and private companies which lead to quick development of the state doesn't mean mean others are failed States

16 Likes

Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by smellingmenses: 4:24pm On Nov 11, 2018
countryfive:
D
Say what?
Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by Diiet: 4:26pm On Nov 11, 2018
D sitting arrangement speaks volume.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by Sirjamo: 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2018
Oni of Ife is also greater than Obi of Onitsha according to the sitting arrangement

2 Likes

Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by countryfive: 4:31pm On Nov 11, 2018
Diiet:
smellingmenses:
Pictures don't lie!![/quote
[quote author=smellingmenses post=72875162]No argument.
smellingmenses:
No argument.

Who knows ooni of ife in Benin?

2 Likes

Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by KanwuliaExtra: 4:32pm On Nov 11, 2018
Ok. . . .

But OOB is superior IN BED! wink
His manhood keeps living ON in all shapes, hues and sizes of BEAUTIES. . . . Without scandals too.
Firmly in control of his domestic and traditional kingdoms. wink

You can’t have everything in life! smiley

Too bad Alaafin was still on one of his wives to produce the 4th set of twins. . . . . Dutifully engaged, he could not be detangled to make the trip. wink

1 Like

Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by smellingmenses: 4:33pm On Nov 11, 2018
Sirjamo:
Oni of Ife is also greater than Obi of Onitsha according to the sitting arrangement
Including the EMIR of Kano.
Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by smellingmenses: 4:33pm On Nov 11, 2018
countryfive:

What's Benin?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by seniormallam(m): 4:34pm On Nov 11, 2018
Sultan is generally accepted as the religious leader and hausa's face any day any time, while Oni of Ife is generally accepted as the Yoruba Paramount ruler, oba of Benin and sanusi are just Benin and kano kingdom rulers only. The Igbo is not represented because all the kings in Igbo land is a sovereign entity no one pass one, in that case Igbo can't be represented

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by smellingmenses: 4:35pm On Nov 11, 2018
Diiet:
May your eyes remain blessed

1 Like

Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by Diiet: 4:35pm On Nov 11, 2018
countryfive:
Your Oba knows him. Can't u see him ocupying d back sit while Ooni is at the front row..

1 Like

Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by smellingmenses: 4:37pm On Nov 11, 2018
Diiet:
Your Oba knows him.
Can't u see him ocupying d back sit while Ooni is at the front row..
Exactly.... only the superior sits at the high table.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by Ayoemrys(m): 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2018
countryfive:
Pride is evil, just because your privileged to have or occupy a sitting position doesn't make you better than everybody and just because Lagos was collectively chosen as Nigeria's capital ( years ago) which lead to the total concentration
Of great projects and investments from public and private companies which lead to quick development of the state doesn't mean mean others are failed States
nawa

ur so bitter
so what about calabar??

1 Like

Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by Diiet: 4:40pm On Nov 11, 2018
smellingmenses:
May your eyes remain blessed
Amen

1 Like

Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by smellingmenses: 4:43pm On Nov 11, 2018
countryfive:
This is NOT a privilege. This is a RIGHT. IT IS A DELIBERATE SITTING ARRANGEMENT.

1 Like

Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by KanwuliaExtra: 4:43pm On Nov 11, 2018
Where would Alaafin sit? wink

He must be inferior to be absent or “uninvited”? wink

3 Likes

Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by smellingmenses: 4:45pm On Nov 11, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
Where would Alaafin sit? wink

He must be inferior to be absent or “uninvited”? wink
Our business is the oba of Benin!!
Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by KanwuliaExtra: 4:47pm On Nov 11, 2018
smellingmenses:

Our business is the oba of Benin!!

Your business, not mine. wink

6 Likes

Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by countryfive: 4:48pm On Nov 11, 2018
Ayoemrys:
nawa

ur so bitter
so what about calabar??

No my friend, just trying to let you know that ooni's sit position has nothing to do with his
Superiority over others remember his reign does
Not go beyond the Yoruba nation
I like the ooni but he is not my king so for me its
Charity begins at home.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by smellingmenses: 4:50pm On Nov 11, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

Don't feel bad for the sitting of the Obi of Onitsha.
Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by smellingmenses: 4:51pm On Nov 11, 2018
countryfive:

No my friend, just trying to let you know that ooni's sit position has nothing to do with his
Charity begins at home.
Hehehe... His Imperial Majesty the Ooni of Ife..
Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by smellingmenses: 4:53pm On Nov 11, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

Hehe as long as you clicked this thread... it's your business!!
Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by Ayoemrys(m): 4:53pm On Nov 11, 2018
countryfive:

Charity begins at home.
u right though
Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by countryfive: 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2018
smellingmenses:

This is NOT a privilege. This is a RIGHT. IT IS A DELIBERATE SITTING ARRANGEMENT.

Then can we say the sultan of sokoto is greater
Than the ooni of ice since his sitting position at the right hand of prince Charles is a little forward
In line of the foremost and leading sit
Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by smellingmenses: 4:55pm On Nov 11, 2018
countryfive:

Then can we say the sultan of sokoto is greater
Than the ooni of ice since his sitting position at the right hand of prince Charles is a little forward
In line of the foremost and leading sit
They are together
Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by KanwuliaExtra: 4:55pm On Nov 11, 2018
smellingmenses:

Don't feel bad for the sitting of the Obi of Onitsha.

Oh please!
Does any of them pay my bills? undecided
Abeg carry ya load!

Next thread please. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by module(m): 5:00pm On Nov 11, 2018
smellingmenses:

Nobody cares. Stop this your inferiority complex, the white man is seated at the front. I really don't care about monarchy but this was how the Oba Of Benin was welcomed by other kings despite coming late.

Kings are not made, they are born kings!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1918885971481269&id=100000796530751&_rdr

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by smellingmenses: 5:02pm On Nov 11, 2018
module:

Nobody cares. Stop this your inferiority complex, the white man is seated at the front. I really don't care about monarchy but this was how the Oba Of Benin was welcomed by other kings despite coming late.

Kings are not made, they are born kings!
You care a lot....

2 Likes

Re: Ooni of Ife Is Far Superior To The Oba Of Benin. Pics by countryfive: 5:05pm On Nov 11, 2018
smellingmenses:

They are together

Look well

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Greece, Philosophy, And The Afrocentric Obsession With Ancient Egypt / "What Does It Mean To Be A Nigerian Or African?" / In Pictures: Yoruba Culture Practice In Trinidad And Tobago, Argentina, USA, Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.