Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,095 members, 7,953,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:35 PM

My Boyfriend Is Asking Me To Get Re-baptized Before He Marries Me, What Do I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Is Asking Me To Get Re-baptized Before He Marries Me, What Do I Do? (611 Views)

Kogi Man Gets Double Bridal Kiss As He Marries Two Women The Same Day (video) / My Father Wants To Sleep With Me Before Any Man Marries Me – Ghanaian Lady Cries / White Man Rocks Traditional Outfit As He Marries His Igbo Bride (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Is Asking Me To Get Re-baptized Before He Marries Me, What Do I Do? by naijanewstv(f): 7:25pm On Nov 11, 2018
Good day everyone on these platform, please I have this issue that is bordering me, I have this friend I have known for more than 3 years he came up with marriage proposal last month, but he said before he can go and see my people that he will take me to his church where he will be given approval and the church will supervise both the tradition and white wedding.

I don't have issue with that, where I have issue now is that he said I will first go and join a branch of his Church, get myself re-baptized, before he can take me to his own branch as someone he wants to marry, which I told him NO! that he should present me to his church as someone he wants to marry, from there I will commence other process including the baptism by immersion.

He refused and said since I'm not baptized in his Church and not a member he cannot present me. Meanwhile my parents are not aware, he said Church first before our parents. Please advice me. Thanks.

SOURCE: https://www.naijanewstv.com.ng/2018/11/my-boyfriend-wants-me-to-get-re-baptized-before-marriage.html
Re: My Boyfriend Is Asking Me To Get Re-baptized Before He Marries Me, What Do I Do? by sekundosekundo: 7:25pm On Nov 11, 2018
shocked

After sampling your Pekus for years, he realises that you are not a saint you claimed to be during the toasting stage.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Asking Me To Get Re-baptized Before He Marries Me, What Do I Do? by missidy: 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2018
Sis I have been there before and I can tell you the woman is the one to loose in the end. Why are you desperate for marriage? A man is the one that is supposed to be begging you and yielding to you and your family's demands so as to marry you. You and your father especially call the shots before the wedding. The wedding is held in the brides church or brides parents church, not the other way round.

You haven't even dated this guy, he just came with a proposal. Please babes carry yourself with pride and know your worth. You are beautiful and you will meet other men that will adore you and do anything you want just to make you happy. Forget about your age, anything that is yours will come naturally to you without stress. You won't have to be begging, lowering your standards or compromising just to have it.

Love and cherish yourself first, take care.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Asking Me To Get Re-baptized Before He Marries Me, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 11, 2018
l don't know why I find it offensive when men are too religious. religion in this part of the world is something else.

is it not baptism nothing is there just enter water and come out case closed.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Asking Me To Get Re-baptized Before He Marries Me, What Do I Do? by clive2u(m): 7:47pm On Nov 11, 2018
if he really wants to marry you he wont ask you to go underwater like mami water before he does tht. he's a dictator so beware

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Asking Me To Get Re-baptized Before He Marries Me, What Do I Do? by missidy: 7:59pm On Nov 11, 2018
Please run away from religious fanatics, they are worse than the devil. You just made me remember my ex, religious bigot.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Asking Me To Get Re-baptized Before He Marries Me, What Do I Do? by fadigalfemi(m): 8:40pm On Nov 11, 2018
[Which church does he attend? quote author=naijanewstv post=72880695]Good day everyone on these platform, please I have this issue that is bordering me, I have this friend I have known for more than 3 years he came up with marriage proposal last month, but he said before he can go and see my people that he will take me to his church where he will be given approval and the church will supervise both the tradition and white wedding.

I don't have issue with that, where I have issue now is that he said I will first go and join a branch of his Church, get myself re-baptized, before he can take me to his own branch as someone he wants to marry, which I told him NO! that he should present me to his church as someone he wants to marry, from there I will commence other process including the baptism by immersion.

He refused and said since I'm not baptized in his Church and not a member he cannot present me. Meanwhile my parents are not aware, he said Church first before our parents. Please advice me. Thanks.

SOURCE: https://www.naijanewstv.com.ng/2018/11/my-boyfriend-wants-me-to-get-re-baptized-before-marriage.html[/quote]
Re: My Boyfriend Is Asking Me To Get Re-baptized Before He Marries Me, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 11, 2018
"Church before parents"...that's a preposterous cacophony.Religious zealots are the worst set of people on the planet

To be fore warned...is to be fore armed

My half kobo
Re: My Boyfriend Is Asking Me To Get Re-baptized Before He Marries Me, What Do I Do? by chiommy123(f): 9:14pm On Nov 11, 2018
Why do I differ? I think you should visit the church. Ask questions and if you're convinced then you do the needful

(1) (Reply)

. / Black Magic Words That Turn Her On / I Am In Love With A Church Girl & She Has Given Me An Ultimatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.